PDA

View Full Version : NHC Well done Leven

mim
31-03-2016, 11:26 PM
Leven reached the Scottish Amateur Cup final tonight with a 2-1 extra time win at New Douglas Park against Oban.
The winning goal was a thing of real beauty - a superb crossfield pass and a brilliant curling finish.
The final is at Hampden the day after the big one, so now I'm hoping for a weekend at Hampden :greengrin

monktonharp
31-03-2016, 11:50 PM
Delighted for them mate. Leavin fur Leven, at Aleevin minutes past Aleevin, the moarn btw. seriously though, well done:aok:

greenlex
01-04-2016, 04:46 AM
I thought you'd lost the plot Mike and were praising the specky Potter lookalike!! Well done Leven.

offshorehibby
01-04-2016, 06:38 AM
Being born in Oban, i have to disagree. Game went to extra time i believe.

Torto7062
01-04-2016, 07:43 AM
Leven reached the Scottish Amateur Cup final tonight with a 2-1 extra time win at New Douglas Park against Oban.
The winning goal was a thing of real beauty - a superb crossfield pass and a brilliant curling finish.
The final is at Hampden the day after the big one, so now I'm hoping for a weekend at Hampden :greengrin

Some trip home after losing eh.....My Son was one of the Linesman last night

J-C
01-04-2016, 09:44 AM
Misread the title and thought you were back slapping Harry Potter there :greengrin

mim
01-04-2016, 10:14 AM
Some trip home after losing eh.....My Son was one of the Linesman last night

The linesmen were both good last night, but the referee was poor. He kept ignoring the stand side linesman's flag until the crowd or players made him aware. He then bottled a penalty decision for Leven in extra time at 2-1. It was a clear penalty and a sending off for Oban's keeper, but he left it up to the far side linesman to correctly give the decision and then failed to send the keeper off. The keeper then saved the penalty.

Biggie
01-04-2016, 12:14 PM
Semi final of the Scottish amateur cup eh ?!.....that's a heavy loss to bear as these boys have probably gone the 6, 7 8 rounds to get that far.....and may never get back there again.

Dashing Bob S
01-04-2016, 12:26 PM
**** the Jambo ****. Get back onto Kickback. This is a H-i-b-s board.

scoopyboy
01-04-2016, 12:30 PM
I was at Hampden to see Pencaitland win the Scottish back in the eighties, a great day for the village and East Lothian football.

My uncle played for Pencaitland in two finals in the sixties but lost both so he was over the moon as well.

ACLeith
01-04-2016, 05:40 PM
I was at Hampden to see Pencaitland win the Scottish back in the eighties, a great day for the village and East Lothian football.

My uncle played for Pencaitland in two finals in the sixties but lost both so he was over the moon as well.
I may have played against your uncle a few times back then, just after they slipped back from the heady days you mention. They didn't take kindly to losing the first time we played as they put in a daft protest about an ineligible player - me!

mim
01-04-2016, 05:45 PM

I remember that well.

Norton House (from Leven) won it 5 or six years later. That was a good day :applause: :cheers: :sairhead:

Great to see the final back at Hampden. :agree: