PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs will be on Sportsound tonight (Thursday)

grunt
31-03-2016, 05:25 PM
Between all the Rangers talk.

MagicSwirlingShip
31-03-2016, 07:03 PM
What time roughly?

Billy Whizz
31-03-2016, 07:06 PM
Was he on?
I heard most of it, but didn't hear him

grunt
31-03-2016, 07:17 PM
Sorry - they said at the top of the programme that he would be on, but there was so much fawning over the Rangers that I couldn't stomach it and turned it off. So I don't know if he was on after all. He doesn't get a mention in the summary of the podcast.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03pn0gv

Hibbie_Cameron
31-03-2016, 08:23 PM
He was busy talking to members of this very forum and missed his slotted time

SJM
31-03-2016, 08:47 PM
He was busy talking to members of this very forum and missed his slotted time

Stubbs posts on here? Please tell me he's been called a "yam" 😂😂

Not In The Know
31-03-2016, 10:09 PM
At the Hibs.net tour of east mains tonight one of the staff in the corridor said "Alan your supposed to be on the radio tonight". Stubbs looked at his watch (7.20pm) after dedicating nearly an hour chatting to the fans and said "oh aye forgot about that". Lol

O'Rourke3
31-03-2016, 11:06 PM
Wall to wall Rangers, eulogising over Rangers, McColl and Boyd joining in. Apparently Warbs is a tactical genius but they might have a wee bit bother next year now they're promoted given their full backs don't defend, their central defensive partnership gets exposed and leaks goals and they are missing a centre forward. Still enough in the tank to challenge Aberdeen and Hearts for top 3 so long as they get 5 or 6 players in and King releases the money. Did once mention the Beeb are banned from Ibrox but why worry about that sort of thing when there's an Old Firm derby on the telly to look forward to.

SJM
31-03-2016, 11:09 PM
Wall to wall Rangers, eulogising over Rangers, McColl and Boyd joining in. Apparently Warbs is a tactical genius but they might have a wee bit bother next year now they're promoted given their full backs don't defend, their central defensive partnership gets exposed and leaks goals and they are missing a centre forward. Still enough in the tank to challenge Aberdeen and Hearts for top 3 so long as they get 5 or 6 players in and King releases the money. Did once mention the Beeb are banned from Ibrox but why worry about that sort of thing when there's an Old Firm derby on the telly to look forward to.

They will get ****ed off Celtic.

Steve20
01-04-2016, 02:59 AM

They probably won't. Even if Celtic do win, it won't be by much.

I'd be backing Rangers at 4/1 though.

Hermit Crab
01-04-2016, 11:57 AM

I think The Rangers are in with a shout in this game actually.

Alex Trager
01-04-2016, 12:10 PM

Celtic are pish man.

I reckon the the Rangers love in will continue after this game.

It's frustrating that we have slipped so much.

We are more than capable of beating them.
They think warburton is a tactical hero. He's a thumper who as if he couldn't be any worse in his previous life as a London banker, confirmed that he could indeed be worse and managed the zombies.

He's a bitter fool. And I am annoyed that we haven't kept the pace as we should do.

If they think he is a tactical genius they should look up the word genius. Getting your fullbacks forward and punting it long to them is hardly a master plan.

They are well and truly there to be got at. Get down the middle and keep them off the ball. If there fullbacks are up the park get it wide

zlatan
01-04-2016, 12:13 PM
Celtic will win comfortably I reckon.

SJM
01-04-2016, 12:22 PM
Ok, well, what I really meant is I hope Celtc pump them rotten. In fact, scrap that, all depending on our match the previous day of course :)

Ozyhibby
01-04-2016, 12:29 PM
If we beat Dundee Utd then I wish the new club well in its attempts to reach their first ever Scottish cup final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
01-04-2016, 03:05 PM
Warburton's done well and deserves credit.

He's built a team from next to nothing that attacks teams ruthlessly and in numbers. They've dominated wee teams and done exactly what was expected of them, it may seem easy with their resources but there are a lot of managers with plenty resources out there who are currently failing. They needed to win the league, he built a team that played in a way that that was able to make that happen. I wouldn't say he's exactly a tactical mastermind (yet) but he does deserve credit.

We could have done with taking a similar approach but hey-ho, we are where we are and still have a lot to play for ourselves. We can save the post-mortem for the end of the season.

Celtic are no great shakes and I reckon they're there for the taking. I'd fancy our chances if we were to come up against Celtic although possibly not without Henderson and Stokes.

Jones28
01-04-2016, 03:15 PM
I'd have Celtic in the final over Rangers

Hermit Crab
01-04-2016, 03:25 PM

You'd also have no stokes or Henderson if we get to the final and play Celtic.

Frazerbob
01-04-2016, 03:28 PM

You recon we'd have more chance against Sparky (sorry Celtic) without Stokes & Henderson than we would against The Rangers with them?

The Green Goblin
01-04-2016, 04:22 PM
I think that if and when we finally win that damn cup, it won't matter who we are playing and will be because of our own luck and performance being "in" on the day.

lucky
01-04-2016, 05:53 PM
As Stubbs said yesterday the only we will the Scottish Cup is being in the final as one day it will fall our way. So the cups are not a distraction it's where we want to be

"We've not one the big cup since 2016"

JimBHibees
02-04-2016, 07:27 AM

Disagree Celtic have a good squad and nothing will get them focused more than a semi final v rangers. Rangers have good players and play with pace however their defence and keeper are average. Celtic by 2 or 3 would be my prediction however hope Rangers win as IMO we would have a better chance v them.

JimBHibees
02-04-2016, 07:29 AM
As Stubbs said yesterday the only we will the Scottish Cup is being in the final as one day it will fall our way. So the cups are not a distraction it's where we want to be

"We've not one the big cup since 2016"

Agree entirely we certainly won't ever win it if we don't get to the final. :greengrin