PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hanlon is back....

Torto7062
31-03-2016, 07:23 AM
Hopefully stays fit for run-in

Stubbs, meanwhile, has been handed a huge boost after defender Paul Hanlon returned to training for the first time since picking up a thigh injury last month.

The 26-year-old rejoined his team-mates for practice sessions at their East Mains base earlier this week and could come into contention for Saturday’s trip to St Mirren.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2016, 07:32 AM
Great news, the most improved player at the club. The defence is much better with him than without him. :top marks

Craig_in_Prague
31-03-2016, 07:47 AM
Very welcomed return, with plenty to play for - in fact, the main goals we all want to achieve, i.e. get promoted.

Fyvie and Dylan will also add strength to the side, Thomson and Bartley both offer plenty, however they are more protective players - we need to start cutting through teams and getting more goals.
when are those 2 back??

Monts
31-03-2016, 08:25 AM
Excellent news!

I just hope he isn't coming back too early like appeared to be the case with Dylan. We need him for the play offs.

J-C
31-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Good to have him back, he's really came on this year, as much as I think Fonts and McGregor are decent, they've always got a mistake in them somewhere.

Onceinawhile
31-03-2016, 09:56 AM
Good to have him back, he's really came on this year, as much as I think Fonts and McGregor are decent, they've always got a mistake in them somewhere.

Indeed. It's unlikely to be a coincidence that our form has gone out the window with PH being unavailable, just like it did under butcher.

The strange thing for me is that I often don't notice him impacting on games until we try a run without him in the team!

ian cruise
31-03-2016, 10:31 AM
Indeed. It's unlikely to be a coincidence that our form has gone out the window with PH being unavailable, just like it did under butcher.

The strange thing for me is that I often don't notice him impacting on games until we try a run without him in the team!

It amazes me that some can't notice those two things coincide and still think we should get rid. Luckily those voices seem to definitely be in the minority now, Paul is a quality player and we're lucky to have him.

Sir David Gray
31-03-2016, 11:22 AM
Fantastic news. :aok:

erin go bragh
31-03-2016, 11:24 AM
If Hanlon had played in the final , we would have won . Imo .

GGTTH

hibee-boys
31-03-2016, 01:36 PM
Any update on Fyvie and Dylan??

AL-Qaholik
31-03-2016, 02:11 PM
Fantastic news! Hopefully Dylan & Fyvie back soon too.

SJM
31-03-2016, 02:38 PM
Fantastic news time to announce a new contract for him too.

scoopyboy
31-03-2016, 02:45 PM
Any update on Fyvie and Dylan??

I think they are more likely to feature on Saturday than Paul.

Four games before the semi so no need to rush them, with nine games in April all the squad will be used over the next few weeks.

J-C
31-03-2016, 03:06 PM
Fantastic news time to announce a new contract for him too.

TBH I think Paul will be waiting to see where we are before any contract news, this will also go for Hibs, can't offer till we know where we are and what monies are available.

Stantons Angel
31-03-2016, 04:09 PM
TBH I think Paul will be waiting to see where we are before any contract news, this will also go for Hibs, can't offer till we know where we are and what monies are available.

I understand where you are coming from but i believe Paul will sign a new contract and Hibs will give him better terms no matter where we play next season.
He wants to stay and Hibs want him to also so im hoping that they can come to some agreement and show him how much he is worth to the team and to the club he loves.

scoopyboy
31-03-2016, 04:49 PM
I understand where you are coming from but i believe Paul will sign a new contract and Hibs will give him better terms no matter where we play next season.
He wants to stay and Hibs want him to also so im hoping that they can come to some agreement and show him how much he is worth to the team and to the club he loves.

I agree with that but Paul would be a fool if he didn't have his agent working away on other potential employers.

If we stay down and Hibs offer him nothing or a deal on reduced wages that is unacceptable to him then he would be left high and dry whilst other players will be getting signed up and eating into clubs budgets.

He gets married soon and will be wanting his future sorted out, he can't be blamed for that.

I don't see why he can't be offered a deal with one salary for the Championship and another for the top league depending on which one we are in. Paul may not want that but at least it would be a start.

The Harp Awakes
31-03-2016, 04:55 PM

I actually think McGregor is more assured when he's playing alongside Hanlon. That would be the central pairing for me. Will be a big boost to have Paul back in the side.

SJM
31-03-2016, 05:06 PM

I've heard it's not a concern that he will stay with us and like you said the club is waiting to see what happens towards the end of the season before offering a new deal. It would be a boost for the club if we could push it through considering JC has already been offered a new deal.

J-C
31-03-2016, 07:46 PM
Cummings will be on peanuts compared to Hanlon,Jase is hot property and tying him up makes financial sense, Paul's a huge Hibby but he's at an age where he has to start thinking of his future.

My_Wife_Camille
31-03-2016, 08:09 PM
I think they are more likely to feature on Saturday than Paul.

Four games before the semi so no need to rush them, with nine games in April all the squad will be used over the next few weeks.
I'm fairly certain that Paul will be in the squad on saturday

scoopyboy
31-03-2016, 08:46 PM
I'm fairly certain that Paul will be in the squad on saturday

I hope you are right.

Big L
31-03-2016, 09:19 PM
I actually think McGregor is more assured when he's playing alongside Hanlon. That would be the central pairing for me. Will be a big boost to have Paul back in the side.

Totally agree, McGregor and Hanlon would be my pairing every time!

greenlex
31-03-2016, 09:25 PM
Where's Gail? I need to know what her thoughts are?

fulshie
31-03-2016, 10:27 PM
Excellent news. We need him badly for the run in.

Jonnyboy
31-03-2016, 10:30 PM
Where's Gail? I need to know what her thoughts are?

I heard a rumour he was at a pyrotechnics display but dunno if it's true. Mind you, there's no smoke without fire 🔥