PDA

View Full Version : Conrad Logan

IanM
30-03-2016, 07:48 AM
A few reports on Twitter, Stubbs is looking to bring in Conrad.

Don't know if it's cover or to start in the cup final?

Bill Milne
30-03-2016, 07:50 AM

Who is he, what position especially.

SJM
30-03-2016, 07:55 AM
Who is he, what position especially.

Journeyman Irish goalie without a club.

Peevemor
30-03-2016, 07:59 AM
Rather have Johnny Logan - at least he's won stuff. :greengrin

H18sry
30-03-2016, 08:14 AM

Are we bypassing the semi first?

Viva_Palmeiras
30-03-2016, 08:23 AM

Ah yes - Our Scottish Cup song "What's another year?"

Peevemor
30-03-2016, 08:24 AM
:top marks

The_Horde
30-03-2016, 08:30 AM
Journeyman Irish goalie without a club.

Hardly a journeyman, seems to have played at a few decent clubs around our level. Might be a good shout from Stubbs.

SJM
30-03-2016, 08:36 AM
Hardly a journeyman, seems to have played at a few decent clubs around our level. Might be a good shout from Stubbs.

He's been on loan 8 times since 2005 to English league one sides. That's a journeyman. Not knocking the signing though I'm only describing the player.

The_Horde
30-03-2016, 08:39 AM
He's been on loan 8 times since 2005 to English league one sides. That's a journeyman. Not knocking the signing though I'm only describing the player.

He's been at the same club for years though, a journeyman to me is someone who gets freed every 6 months and joins someone else.

SJM
30-03-2016, 08:41 AM
He's been at the same club for years though, a journeyman to me is someone who gets freed every 6 months and joins someone else.

Fair enough for me it's a stop gap for many different sides to do a job over a short period of time. Agree to differ though 👍

Big_Franck
30-03-2016, 09:04 AM
This would be a strange one for me. Virtanen is not a rookie 18 year old keeper so it doesn't bode well if Stubbs has no confidence in him to play against Dundee United. Virtanen will be 22 by the time of the semi and had played regularly in Finland's top league since 2013. He has also played quite regularly for Finland U-21s including games against Russia and Germany. To sign Virtanen on a 3 year contract and then for him to barely even play for our development team is strange as well.

worcesterhibby
30-03-2016, 09:14 AM
As long as he is back up for Virtanen in case of injury then fine.

CallumLaidlaw
30-03-2016, 09:26 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/hibernian/7036826/Hibs-sign-keeper-Conrad-Logan-on-short-term-deal.html

Dalianwanda
30-03-2016, 09:33 AM
This would be a strange one for me. Virtanen is not a rookie 18 year old keeper so it doesn't bode well if Stubbs has no confidence in him to play against Dundee United. Virtanen will be 22 by the time of the semi and had played regularly in Finland's top league since 2013. He has also played quite regularly for Finland U-21s including games against Russia and Germany. To sign Virtanen on a 3 year contract and then for him to barely even play for our development team is strange as well.
As its a short term deal he's been signed up on, looks like he will be back up to Virtanen?

Pretty Boy
30-03-2016, 09:36 AM
Makes sense, seems a bit like when Hearts signed that Hollis guy.

Experienced cover on the bench for the semi final and if he shows anything exceptional in training/bounce games we have a decent chance of keeping him longer if we want. If not then he's served his purpose for minimal outlay.

Big_Franck
30-03-2016, 09:37 AM
As its a short term deal he's been signed up on, looks like he will be back up to Virtanen?

Has this been confirmed anywhere? I refuse to open Sun/Record links :greengrin

Tom Hart RIP
30-03-2016, 09:55 AM
According to the sun he HAS signed a short term deal.

Tom Hart RIP
30-03-2016, 09:57 AM
Scotsman says he has signed as well

Dashing Bob S
30-03-2016, 10:10 AM

I've been waiting for promotion
cryin in my beer
but it's not here
what's another year...

staunchhibby
30-03-2016, 10:25 AM
Is he fully recovered from his injury.

Mikey09
30-03-2016, 10:37 AM
Is he fully recovered from his injury.

2 weeks... :greengrin

Hi Heid Yin
30-03-2016, 11:42 AM
[QUOTE=VivaPalmeiras;4632707]Ah yes - Our Scottish Cup song "What's another year?"[/QUO

That really made me laugh out loud:hilarious

Golden Bear
30-03-2016, 11:46 AM

I hope that's the case otherwise it will be a severe kick in the goolies for Virtanen.

ekhibee
30-03-2016, 01:10 PM
I would hope that Logan has been brought in as a back-up for Virtanen, but if he's replacing him I would imagine Virtanen would not be best pleased, and quite rightly too.

blackpoolhibs
30-03-2016, 01:20 PM
I would hope that Logan has been brought in as a back-up for Virtanen, but if he's replacing him I would imagine Virtanen would not be best pleased, and quite rightly too.

Footballs a tough game, if the manager does not think he's up for the job, then he would not be doing his job properly if he knew there was someone out there better and didn't go and get him if he could.

Iggy Pope
30-03-2016, 02:10 PM
Footballs a tough game, if the manager does not think he's up for the job, then he would not be doing his job properly if he knew there was someone out there better and didn't go and get him if he could.

Agreed. But signing Virtanen would point to the same 'not doing his job properly' thing.

Virtanen has to be No 2, Logan No 3 as the next laddie is too raw.

Anything else, Stubbsys dropped a clanger. Hope not.

The Sundance Kid
30-03-2016, 03:29 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6342

Officially signed until the end of the season

Marco G
30-03-2016, 03:45 PM
Footballs a tough game, if the manager does not think he's up for the job, then he would not be doing his job properly if he knew there was someone out there better and didn't go and get him if he could.Correct, and it makes sense anyway to have three experienced keepers going into the key games given that Oxley misses the semi and red cards or injuries can (but hopefully wont) happen. Sounds like a good move to me.

ALF TUPPER
30-03-2016, 03:48 PM

Sharp ! 👍🏻

eastcoasthibby
30-03-2016, 05:33 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6342

Officially signed until the end of the season

Makes sense get him in as cover and also have a look at him as well, because Oxley isn't showing like he is the answer ...sorry to say !! Poor in the air, doesn't command his,area, can't line a wall up, distribution too slow, inaccurate kicking and not a great shot stopper .all my view of course ! Happy to see another keeper option coming in .I have kittens every time,a ball comes into the box !!!

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-03-2016, 05:46 PM
Seriously I would play him on Saturday.

Cod Boy
30-03-2016, 06:21 PM
The big Finish goalkeeper is currently playing in the under 20s against Motherwell.

Colr
30-03-2016, 07:47 PM
Has this been confirmed anywhere? I refuse to open Sun/Record links :greengrin

Wiki

Scouse Hibee
30-03-2016, 07:49 PM
Signed as cover on the bench for the semi final, can't see him being given an opportunity to do anything else this season.

Colr
30-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Good record on penalty shoot-outs - not that we ever get that close!!!

Big L
31-03-2016, 02:58 PM
Makes sense get him in as cover and also have a look at him as well, because Oxley isn't showing like he is the answer ...sorry to say !! Poor in the air, doesn't command his,area, can't line a wall up, distribution too slow, inaccurate kicking and not a great shot stopper .all my view of course ! Happy to see another keeper option coming in .I have kittens every time,a ball comes into the box !!!

Logan comes for the ball, he is a good shot stopper and if he has retained the talent he shows on youtube I would put him in the team now!! I would put Virtanen on the bench and Oxley in the stand. Oxley has been terrible in the run of recent defeats and not very good since he arrived.

Betty Boop
31-03-2016, 03:47 PM
Seen a picture of him on the Bounce, he's a big fatty.

Dashing Bob S
31-03-2016, 04:20 PM
The big Finish goalkeeper is currently playing in the under 20s against Motherwell.

How can he be finished if he's playing for the under 20's?

easty
31-03-2016, 04:29 PM
Logan comes for the ball, he is a good shot stopper and if he has retained the talent he shows on youtube I would put him in the team now!! I would put Virtanen on the bench and Oxley in the stand. Oxley has been terrible in the run of recent defeats and not very good since he arrived.

If someone made a good YouTube of Oxley you'd change your mind though eh..

Big L
31-03-2016, 05:35 PM
If someone made a good YouTube of Oxley you'd change your mind though eh..

Never!! I 've been saying since the Dumbarton game beginning of last season he is not good enough! I've seen some really good keepers at ER and some really crap ones, guess which category he falls in to! I have never left a game thinking he had a good one. He doesn't come for balls, he is not a shot stopper of any description, anything thats on target from whatever distance generally finds the back of the net.

GordonHFC
31-03-2016, 05:47 PM
Never!! I 've been saying since the Dumbarton game beginning of last season he is not good enough! I've seen some really good keepers at ER and some really crap ones, guess which category he falls in to! I have never left a game thinking he had a good one. He doesn't come for balls, he is not a shot stopper of any description, anything thats on target from whatever distance generally finds the back of the net.

Agree with every word of this.

Allant1981
31-03-2016, 06:06 PM

What a load of rubbish

easty
31-03-2016, 06:14 PM
What a load of rubbish

theres nae arguing with someone who's relegated a first choice goalie to the stand, having only seen a short youtube video of some other keeper.

Scouse Hibee
31-03-2016, 06:42 PM

I get you don't rate him, but that's a ridiculous summary of him.

1875M
31-03-2016, 06:51 PM

Oxley is nowhere near as bad as people are making out. Is the best Hibs keeper I've seen? Of course not. Is he the worst? Nope. Compared to the likes of Smith and Brown who we've had over the years, the guy is pretty steady. For the level we are currently at I think Oxley is fine. If we get promoted should we be looking for an upgrade? That's a different matter.

Golden Bear
31-03-2016, 07:00 PM
Oxley is nowhere near as bad as people are making out. Is the best Hibs keeper I've seen? Of course not. Is he the worst? Nope. Compared to the likes of Smith and Brown who we've had over the years, the guy is pretty steady. For the level we are currently at I think Oxley is fine. If we get promoted should we be looking for an upgrade? That's a different matter.

That's the way I see it.

greenginger
31-03-2016, 07:07 PM
What happened to the appeal against the yellow card Oxley got at Inverness ?

Andy74
31-03-2016, 07:29 PM
That's the way I see it.

Me too.

Eyrie
31-03-2016, 07:34 PM
What happened to the appeal against the yellow card Oxley got at Inverness ?

You can't appeal against a yellow card, even when it's for losing a contact lens.

jingler1954
31-03-2016, 07:38 PM

Checked him out on utube in January looks a good keeper commands his box well

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2016, 07:39 PM
Checked him out on utube in January looks a good keeper commands his box well

He would. You wouldn't put it on you tube otherwise would you?

jingler1954
31-03-2016, 07:44 PM

Why not?

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2016, 07:48 PM
Why not?

Really? Cos it wouldn't be the best way to sell yourself?

It'd be like saying you're thick as **** on your cv.

eastterrace
31-03-2016, 08:22 PM
Never!! I 've been saying since the Dumbarton game beginning of last season he is not good enough! I've seen some really good keepers at ER and some really crap ones, guess which category he falls in to! I have never left a game thinking he had a good one. He doesn't come for balls, he is not a shot stopper of any description, anything thats on target from whatever distance generally finds the back of the net. must agree mate, I hoped he would be okay but he seems to have went backward. Just be prepared for all his supporters to tell you that you don't know what your talking about.

Andy74
31-03-2016, 08:24 PM
Why not?

True story. I once sat with Alex McLeish and watched a video of a guy called Hurtado. We couldn't fail.

lyonhibs
31-03-2016, 08:27 PM
I'm sorry, but after the Zarabi episode, anyone who even half passes judgement on a player, much less decides an incumbent should be sent to the sit in the stand to make room for him, based on a YouTube compilation needs their noodle checked.

We need cover for the semi. That's probably about the extent of this guy's involvement this season, injury dependent.

Big L
31-03-2016, 08:54 PM

At least the guys got something to put on you tube, what would Oxley put on his you tube? What about the two 20 yrd trundlers in to the bottom corner from Dumbarton, what about the Ozturk 30 yrd shot? Or the Morton one that was going by and he dived out and stopped it for their player to stick it in the net or the other yam long distance shot and on and on. I just don't rate the guy!!

CropleyWasGod
31-03-2016, 08:56 PM
True story. I once sat with Alex McLeish and watched a video of a guy called Hurtado. We couldn't fail.

So it was your fault?

LTYF

lucky
31-03-2016, 09:00 PM
According to Alan Stubbs he has been signed as competition to our other goalies.

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2016, 09:05 PM
At least the guys got something to put on you tube, what would Oxley put on his you tube? What about the two 20 yrd trundlers in to the bottom corner from Dumbarton, what about the Ozturk 30 yrd shot? Or the Morton one that was going by and he dived out and stopped it for their player to stick it in the net or the other yam long distance shot and on and on. I just don't rate the guy!!

He'd probably put the saves he's made on it - you know the ones you can't see cos you're blinkered?

Big L
31-03-2016, 09:10 PM
He'd probably put the saves he's made on it - you know the ones you can't see cos you're blinkered?

Name them, tell me when have you ever left a game saying " what about that save by Oxley "

matty_f
31-03-2016, 09:18 PM
Name them, tell me when have you ever left a game saying " what about that save by Oxley "

Loads. Oxley's kept us in several games.

Big L
31-03-2016, 09:26 PM
Loads. Oxley's kept us in several games.

He must have played about 80 games and you say "he's kept us in several games " is that 4 or 5! I say again" name them"

Viva_Palmeiras
31-03-2016, 09:43 PM
He must have played about 80 games and you say "he's kept us in several games " is that 4 or 5! I say again" name them"

Slow hand clap for the #oxleymorons #tiresome

Welcome Conrad.

Pretty Boy
31-03-2016, 09:43 PM
Logan will be seen on the bench at Hampden and, barring injuries, that will be that. If he plays a game for Hibs or extends his contract I'd be shocked.

Folk calling for him to start need to settle down, he's not been brought in for that.

SunshineOnLeith
31-03-2016, 09:53 PM

Hush you and your common sense. Do you even have a YouTube video?

Andy74
31-03-2016, 09:55 PM
So it was your fault?

LTYF

A little bit, yes.

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2016, 09:56 PM

4 or 5 is still more than the number you're using to write him off.

The_Horde
31-03-2016, 09:59 PM
Oxley's *****.

Logans *****.

Virtanens *****.

Mcginns *****.

Cummings is *****.

Everyone's *****. Let's just give up.

SJM
31-03-2016, 10:07 PM
4 or 5 is still more than the number you're using to write him off.

You are still not answering his question though.

Oxley gives the team and the majority of the support no confidence. Fair dos your backing a current first team player but the guy reminds me of Andy McNeil, the same guy that you couldn't say a word against because he was in goals for the cup final. He's nervous, he doesn't come for crosses and when he does he never catches, he gets beaten off his line due to positional sense, can't save a shot and has no courage. I've no idea what people actually see in him and why Cerny didn't get a shot completely baffles me.

Danderhall Hibs
31-03-2016, 10:10 PM

Oxley gives the team and the majority of the support no confidence. Fair dos your backing a current first team player but the guy reminds me of Andy McNeil, the same guy that you couldn't say a word against because he was in goals for the cup final. He's nervous, he doesn't come for crosses and when he does he never catches, he gets beaten off his line due to positional sense, can't save a shot and has no courage. I've no idea what people actually see in him and why Cerny didn't get a shot completely baffles me.

I'm not going to go through all his games to list saves which folk that are too far gone will deny anyway. Last time I mentioned a save he made (v Morton) it was forgotten and denied.

And majority of the support? It's a vocal minority IMO.

Sir David Gray
31-03-2016, 10:11 PM
Oxley's *****.

Logans *****.

Virtanens *****.

Mcginns *****.

Cummings is *****.

Everyone's *****. Let's just give up.

****** booooooooooooo

SJM
31-03-2016, 10:14 PM
I'm not going to go through all his games to list saves which folk that are too far gone will deny anyway. Last time I mentioned a save he made (v Morton) it was forgotten and denied.

And majority of the support? It's a vocal minority IMO.

So you rate Mark Oxley and you have every confidence on him being our number 1 for years to come? There is no danger the majority of our support feel that way. Hardly anyone has confidence in the lad and the sooner we get a gem, like Stubbs has brought in the majority of the squad the better.

Hes not good enough and is a major weak link in our side. My opinion.

matty_f
31-03-2016, 10:16 PM
So you rate Mark Oxley and you have every confidence on him being our number 1 for years to come?

Oxley's as good as any keeper that's played at Easter Road this season, imho. He'll get better as he gets older, too.

SJM
31-03-2016, 10:18 PM
Oxley's as good as any keeper that's played at Easter Road this season, imho. He'll get better as he gets older, too.

Sorry, I just can't agree with that. As good as the Aberdeen keeper away back to Liverpool? Rangers Falkirk and Raith have better goalies too.

We can't sit about and wait for him maybe getting better with age either. It didn't happen with Andy McNeil, why would it to Oxley when the similarities are all there to see?

Sir David Gray
31-03-2016, 10:40 PM
Sorry, I just can't agree with that. As good as the Aberdeen keeper away back to Liverpool? Rangers Falkirk and Raith have better goalies too.

We can't sit about and wait for him maybe getting better with age either. It didn't happen with Andy McNeil, why would it to Oxley when the similarities are all there to see?

He's miles better than Andy McNeil.

SunshineOnLeith
So you rate Mark Oxley and you have every confidence on him being our number 1 for years to come? There is no danger the majority of our support feel that way. Hardly anyone has confidence in the lad and the sooner we get a gem, like Stubbs has brought in the majority of the squad the better.

Where did he (or anyone on this thread) say that?

easty

Cerny didn't get a game ahead of him cos Stubbs and the coaching team thought Oxley is the better keeper. Reguero didnt get a game for the same reason. Virtanen is the same too.

easty
31-03-2016, 10:41 PM

:agree:

easty
31-03-2016, 10:45 PM

I saw the boy Aberdeen had from Liverpool make a few good saves this season, the lad at Falkirk too. The Rangers goalie is nowt special at all though, you're simply buying into the hype there. As for Cuthbert at Raith...**** off.

Sad that you're willing to big up diddies like Foderingham and Cuthbert, but can so easily slate our own keeper. That's dug *****.

SJM
31-03-2016, 10:48 PM

In what department?

SJM
31-03-2016, 10:48 PM
Where did he (or anyone on this thread) say that?

The "he will get better with age" comment mibs?

SJM
31-03-2016, 10:49 PM
I saw the boy Aberdeen had from Liverpool make a few good saves this season, the lad at Falkirk too. The Rangers goalie is nowt special at all though, you're simply buying into the hype there. As for Cuthbert at Raith...**** off.

Sad that you're willing to big up diddies like Foderingham and Cuthbert, but can so easily slate our own keeper. That's dug *****.

The Aberdeen lad was the best goalie in the country "a few good saves" yet you rate Oxley. Fair enough, no point in discussing the rest.

SJM
31-03-2016, 10:51 PM
Cerny didn't get a game ahead of him cos Stubbs and the coaching team thought Oxley is the better keeper. Reguero didnt get a game for the same reason. Virtanen is the same too.

And that was a major mistake by our management or are you in the same boat they can't do any wrong either? Cerny is well better than Oxley.

easty
31-03-2016, 10:51 PM
The Aberdeen lad was the best goalie in the country "a few good saves" yet you rate Oxley. Fair enough, no point in discussing the rest.

I was agreeing with you about the Aberdeen boy.

But you're right about no point in discussing it.

SunshineOnLeith
31-03-2016, 10:52 PM
The "he will get better with age" comment mibs?

You really thing that's an equivalent statement to "I rate Mark Oxley and you have every confidence on him being our number 1 for years to come?"

SJM
31-03-2016, 10:52 PM
I was agreeing with you about the Aberdeen boy.

But you're right about no point in discussing it.

You said he made "a few good saves this season" and Oxley was the best keeper that's played at our ground this season mate.

I'm out anyway, you rate the boy, I think he's a massive weak link. Fair dos.

SJM
31-03-2016, 10:53 PM
You really thing that's an equivalent statement to "I rate Mark Oxley and you have every confidence on him being our number 1 for years to come?"

By saying he will get better by age do you think it means we should punt him in the summer and watch him progress somewhere else likes?

Sir David Gray
31-03-2016, 10:55 PM
In what department?

Pretty much every department.

I think it speaks volumes that McNeil is currently second choice goalkeeper at Morton. I would fully expect Oxley to play at a far higher level than that when he eventually moves on.

SunshineOnLeith
31-03-2016, 10:56 PM
By saying he will get better by age do you think it means we should punt him in the summer and watch him progress somewhere else likes?

I think it probably means the poster who said it thinks he will improve with age.

But you keep knocking down those straw men.

easty
31-03-2016, 10:57 PM
You said he made "a few good saves this season" and Oxley was the best keeper that's played at our ground this season mate.

I'm out anyway, you rate the boy, I think he's a massive weak link. Fair dos.

He has made a few good saves this season....hasn't he? I certainly saw him make a few. You implied he was good, I agreed that he was, you argue with me. :confused:

I didn't say Oxley was the best keeper that played at our ground this season though. Like your opinions on keepers, you seem to be all over the place here.

SJM
31-03-2016, 10:58 PM
Pretty much every department.

I think it speaks volumes that McNeil is currently second choice goalkeeper at Morton. I would fully expect Oxley to play at a far higher level than that when he eventually moves on.

McNeil was at the same level at his age as Oxley is now. I would be amazed if Oxley makes a career for himself if look at Ben Williams who is league one at best in comparison who is and was a far far better goalie than Oxley.

SJM
31-03-2016, 10:59 PM
He has made a few good saves this season....hasn't he? I certainly saw him make a few. You implied he was good, I agreed that he was, you argue with me. :confused:

I didn't say Oxley was the best keeper that played at our ground this season though. Like your opinions on keepers, you seem to be all over the place here.

Sorry, you said "as good as any keeper". That's wrong again though.

SJM
31-03-2016, 11:00 PM
I think it probably means the poster who said it thinks he will improve with age.

But you keep knocking down those straw men.

So we are both implying what the poster meant then in that regard? 👍

Sir David Gray
31-03-2016, 11:03 PM
McNeil was at the same level at his age as Oxley is now. I would be amazed if Oxley makes a career for himself if look at Ben Williams who is league one at best in comparison who is and was a far far better goalie than Oxley.

Ben Williams is nearly 34 years old though.

McNeil was playing for Livingston when he was the same age as Oxley is now. OK it's the same division that Oxley's playing in for us just now but we're a far bigger club than Livingston.

I wouldn't say Oxley is a world beater, far from it, but he's not anywhere near as bad as you're suggesting.

easty
31-03-2016, 11:04 PM
Sorry, you said "as good as any keeper". That's wrong again though.

Naw...I didnae. I dunno where you're seeing that I said that.

SJM
31-03-2016, 11:07 PM
Naw...I didnae. I dunno where you're seeing that I said that.

Sorry, wasn't you bud, you replied to my reply. I'm away to sleep. Sorry 😂

SJM
31-03-2016, 11:09 PM
Ben Williams is nearly 34 years old though.

McNeil was playing for Livingston when he was the same age as Oxley is now. OK it's the same division that Oxley's playing in for us just now but we're a far bigger club than Livingston.

I wouldn't say Oxley is a world beater, far from it, but he's not anywhere near as bad as you're suggesting.

Yes, you said Oxley will make a career far higher than McNeil. I'm saying at 34 Williams was a much better keeper than Oxley will ever be and his career wasn't exactly fantastic even as a much better goalie. Oxley will be conference in a season or two. He's not got it

SunshineOnLeith
31-03-2016, 11:11 PM
So we are both implying what the poster meant then in that regard? 

I'm repeating what the poster actually said.

You're making stuff up.

Incidentally, Danderhall Hibs, who you originally quoted with your "So you're happy for him to be our number one for years to come?" comment hasn't said anything about him improving with age. In fact, the post you responded to with that comment was one of his about Oxley merely having made some good saves this season.

BSEJVT
01-04-2016, 09:31 AM
Yes, you said Oxley will make a career far higher than McNeil. I'm saying at 34 Williams was a much better keeper than Oxley will ever be and his career wasn't exactly fantastic even as a much better goalie. Oxley will be conference in a season or two. He's not got it

With the greatest respect you are suggesting that your opinion is better than that of the respective Hull and Hibs coaching and management teams, one of whom saw enough in the guy to give him a contract when they were in the EPL and the other who play him ever week, despite having had over the piece a number of alternatives?

They see him week in week out in training and games and get to dissect every bit of his performance as long and as often as they want through watching videos of said games.

Why should your opinion be of more merit to us interested posters than theirs?

What better credentials do you have than they to be so unequivocal on Oxley's merits or the lack thereof?

He's no Joe Hart, but he is as good a keeper as a club in our present position can expect.

I could name 10 worse off the top of my head in my 40 odd years of watching Hibs.

BTW Williams was okay, but his downing of tools in the latter months of his Hibs career was one of the many reasons for our relegation.

Sammy7nil
01-04-2016, 11:31 AM
With the greatest respect you are suggesting that your opinion is better than that of the respective Hull and Hibs coaching and management teams, one of whom saw enough in the guy to give him a contract when they were in the EPL and the other who play him ever week, despite having had over the piece a number of alternatives?

They see him week in week out in training and games and get to dissect every bit of his performance as long and as often as they want through watching videos of said games.

What better credentials do you have than they to be so unequivocal on Oxley's merits or the lack thereof?

He's no Joe Hart, but he is as good a keeper as a club in our present position can expect.

I could name 10 worse off the top of my head in my 40 odd years of watching Hibs.

BTW Williams was okay, but his downing of tools in the latter months of his Hibs career was one of the many reasons for our relegation.

Sorry got to disagree with the bit in bold.
We could and indeed should expect a better keeper than Oxley. I have only once are maybe twice seen Oxley keep us in a game. Oxley makes saves any decent keeper would make he simply does not make many saves where you think jeez what a save that was. Any shot on target has got a chance of going in and I suspect most Hibs fans are nervous with him in goal. I good example of Oxley ability was the first Raith Rovers goal a couple of weeks ago, no way was he responsible for the goal and was always unlikely to save it. However an averagely hit shot from 18 yds out beat him easily. Some keepers save those Ox does not.

easty
01-04-2016, 11:48 AM
I good example of Oxley ability was the first Raith Rovers goal a couple of weeks ago, no way was he responsible for the goal and was always unlikely to save it. However an averagely hit shot from 18 yds out beat him easily. Some keepers save those Ox does not.

This part of your post just sums up the nonsense written about Oxley by some Hibs fans really.

First you say he's in no way responsible, and then say he's unlikely to save it, then say it's only an average shot, then you say some keepers would have saved it. So he's no responsible, but he is.

Sammy7nil
01-04-2016, 12:03 PM
This part of your post just sums up the nonsense written about Oxley by some Hibs fans really.

First you say he's in no way responsible, and then say he's unlikely to save it, then say it's only an average shot, then you say some keepers would have saved it. So he's no responsible, but he is.

Yip that about sums it up, even if you got the order a bit confused :greengrin

The simple point I am trying to make is he is easily beaten makes very few saves other than the very straight forward run of the mill kind, he seldom keeps us in games due to his ability and yes I do think we could get a better keeper.

If that is nonsense I am sticking to it.

CallumLaidlaw
01-04-2016, 01:56 PM
Yip that about sums it up, even if you got the order a bit confused :greengrin

The simple point I am trying to make is he is easily beaten makes very few saves other than the very straight forward run of the mill kind, he seldom keeps us in games due to his ability and yes I do think we could get a better keeper.

If that is nonsense I am sticking to it.

Last season i would've agreed with you. I found that he made standard saves but could not remember once saying "what a save". This season tho, he has definitely made a few crucial saves, and had up to about a month ago everyone had stopped talking about him because he was doing very little wrong - no more than your average keeper does. Unfortunately he had a spell of 3/4 games where he cost us a couple of goals and flapped at a couple.

People are very quick to blame him for EVERY goal tho. For example, Raiths 2nd, he was near the front post, the ball was put in near the back post, and on Facebook i read someone saying that Oxley had sold the jersey again, and that he didn't even make an attempt to save it. Why would he? there was no chance on EARTH that he wouldv'e saved it.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2016, 02:02 PM
Logan will be seen on the bench at Hampden and, barring injuries, that will be that. If he plays a game for Hibs or extends his contract I'd be shocked.

Folk calling for him to start need to settle down, he's not been brought in for that.

Correct, he's been brought in so we can laugh at his physique and his hair. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
01-04-2016, 02:24 PM
Correct, he's been brought in so we can laugh at his physique and his hair. :greengrin

He reminds me a bit of Brian Jensen, ex of Burnley :greengrin

H18 SFR
01-04-2016, 02:42 PM
He looks some size of a boy. If we can't park the bus we can park him.

Allant1981
01-04-2016, 04:38 PM
And that was a major mistake by our management or are you in the same boat they can't do any wrong either? Cerny is well better than Oxley.

In your opinion. Not in the opinion of guys who are paid to coach and manage the club

mattyjacklegend
01-04-2016, 05:42 PM
In your opinion. Not in the opinion of guys who are paid to coach and manage the club

Cerny has had a really good season at Partick. I have watched every highlight of their games this season and the vast majority of their live games and in my, granted non professional opinion he has had a better season than Oxley.

mattyjacklegend
01-04-2016, 05:48 PM
Cerny has had a really good season at Partick. I have watched every highlight of their games this season and the vast majority of their live games and in my, granted non professional opinion he has had a better season than Oxley.

Although after his injuries and lack of games before signing for Hibs I can see why the management team would be weary taking Cerny on as the main and pretty much only senior goalkeeper. Although with hindsight it certainly would've been worth the risk. But as always the management didn't have that ability to see in to the future.

Betty Boop
01-04-2016, 05:56 PM

:greengrin

Pretty Boy
01-04-2016, 07:04 PM

He was also utterly awful on the 3 or 4 ocassions I saw him play for our development side last season.

It was no surprise to me he didn't get near our 1st team last year. With a full pre season and some game time it's no shock he has improved but I can see why Hibs didn't take the risk.

Danderhall Hibs
01-04-2016, 07:14 PM

:hilarious

Is there a video on youtube of him coming for a cross as well?

Big L
01-04-2016, 09:03 PM

What a load of garbage! Your saying hibs management team can't get it wrong, their perception of what makes a keeper is all that matters, thats a matter of opinion, and he, like anyone on here, is entitled to his, and if they can't get it wrong how the .... have we lost the last four games and are struggling to get 2nd place.