PDA

View Full Version : Hibs top spotted in Greenock.

Renfrew_Hibby
28-03-2016, 06:01 PM
Black Hibs polo shirt spotted in the Oak Mall, Greenock today.
Always nice to see fellow Hibbies when I'm out and about, just never seen one in the wild west outpost that is Greenock!

LancashireHibby
28-03-2016, 09:11 PM
Think I've beaten that one speaking to a gent in a Hibs bob cap at the Workington vs Leigh rugby game today!

Edson Arantes
28-03-2016, 09:14 PM
Black Hibs polo shirt spotted in the Oak Mall, Greenock today.Always nice to see fellow Hibbies when I'm out and about, just never seen one in the wild west outpost that is Greenock!

Interesting.

blaikie
28-03-2016, 09:26 PM
Always nice to see fellow Hibbies when I'm out and about, just never seen one in the wild west outpost that is Greenock!

My girlfriends from their I usually wear my home top with my .net username accross the back ...... Confuses the locals, She did have a Jambo
neighbour a few years back right enough, I refused to break breath to the *******! The sight of the maroon rag on the washing line was enough.

Edson Arantes
28-03-2016, 09:30 PM
My girlfriends from their I usually wear my home top with my .net username accross the back ...... Confuses the locals, She did have a Jambo
neighbour a few years back right enough, I refused to break breathe to *******! The sight of the maroon rag on the washing line was enough.
Break breathe?

Breath is it not?

Anyway, agree with your sentiment mate. :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
28-03-2016, 09:41 PM

I did a shift in Inverclyde Royal a few weeks back and most of the staff were surprisingly pro-Hibs. Mind you, they were Celtc fans :rolleyes: :greengrin

blaikie
28-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Break breathe?

Breath is it not?

Anyway, agree with your sentiment mate. :thumbsup:

Dam fat thumbs and auto correct ...... Edited

anon1875
28-03-2016, 10:09 PM
I've lived here 10 years and still haven't met another hibee who lives here

iwasthere1972
28-03-2016, 10:47 PM

That's because us Hibs fans, unlike Celtic and The Rangers mobs, have other clothes in our wardrobes besides a football top to wear. :wink:

Hibernia&Alba
28-03-2016, 11:21 PM

So was it you in the Hibs polo shirt, then?

hibee_nation
28-03-2016, 11:35 PM
I'm over the water in Dunoon got an old army buddy in Greenock who supports the Ton. Had a good few nights in the jimmy watt and old bank or cleats if we're in Gourock.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Jim44
29-03-2016, 06:59 AM
I spotted a local wearing a Hibs top on a beach in the Dominican Republic. It was before Russell Latapy's time with us so I suppose it could have been something to do with Tony Rougier. Or maybe simply a Hibby on holiday had given him it. I can't think of any other Hibs links with the Carribean.

s.a.m
29-03-2016, 07:22 AM
Donkeys years ago, we were walking past a primary school in a hill-top village in rural Corfu when a wee boy in a Hibs top (Frank Graham Group) came tearing into the playground, clearly terrified. A few seconds later, we saw the reason for his terror, running after him: a much bigger, fierce-looking boy. Wearing a Rangers top. Nuff said.

HH81
29-03-2016, 07:44 AM
Think I've beaten that one speaking to a gent in a Hibs bob cap at the Workington vs Leigh rugby game today!

There is defo a Hibs fan in that area. Spoke to a guy from there at Dumfries train station last season. He watched the rugby a bit he was saying.

lapsedhibee
29-03-2016, 05:32 PM
I can't think of any other Hibs links with the Carribean.

Bandparts, Antigua St.

porthibbie
29-03-2016, 05:36 PM
Bandparts, Antigua St.

Not in Greenock but very very close .Missionary work still ongoing

blackpoolhibs
29-03-2016, 06:06 PM
There was quite a few Hibs top in the Whiskey jar Tenerife on cup final day, and Sunshine on Leith in the Anchor bar the night before was superb. :top marks

Tha Cabbage Kid
29-03-2016, 06:31 PM
come to warsaw, you might see a guy wandering around in a hibs top :wink:

Silky
29-03-2016, 07:17 PM
come to warsaw, you might see a guy wandering around in a hibs top :wink:

Hi Zibby!! 😀

Tha Cabbage Kid
29-03-2016, 10:17 PM
Hi Zibby!! 😀
Yeah, sorry again for all I did ;)

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Forza Fred
29-03-2016, 11:00 PM
At the turn of the century I worked in an immigration detention facility for illegal immigrants.

One of the things I did was organise football activity for the detainees.

When some of them got deported I gave them an old Hibs top....the history of which was explained to them.

Hibs tops must have went to early every corner of the world, and I sometimes wonder when reports of far flung sightings are listed if it was one of my lot.

Mind you, the strips would be pretty threadbare now...

Delboy4
30-03-2016, 12:25 PM
If anyone's ever in Barbados...I gave this guy called "Mouse" my away green top16322

Told him all about our fantastic team whom he now adores!

:flag:

SteveHFC
30-03-2016, 01:40 PM
While walking in Icmeler in 2013 at night. Went into the local supermarket there and just happen to bump into another hibby. :thumbsup: