PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: STANTON HONOURED AT HSL AGM

RSS Bot
28-03-2016, 02:50 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6335)

Tom Hart RIP
28-03-2016, 06:03 PM
Pat elected to stay at Hibs for majority of his career when he could easily have moved to a top English club in his peak. Didn't Tommy Docherty say he was better than Bobby Moore. I appreciate that we have had some truly great players such as Joe Baker, John Brownlie, Alex Cropley, Peter Cormack etc but they all left. Pat was not in ETs plans and left at end of his career and for that reason I would like to see a stand named after him. Any thoughts?

MWHIBBIES
28-03-2016, 06:07 PM
Pat elected to stay at Hibs for majority of his career when he could easily have moved to a top English club in his peak. Didn't Tommy Docherty say he was better than Bobby Moore. I appreciate that we have had some truly great players such as Joe Baker, John Brownlie, Alex Cropley, Peter Cormack etc but they all left. Pat was not in ETs plans and left at end of his career and for that reason I would like to see a stand named after him. Any thoughts?Pats Standton?

Stantons Angel
28-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Pat elected to stay at Hibs for majority of his career when he could easily have moved to a top English club in his peak. Didn't Tommy Docherty say he was better than Bobby Moore. I appreciate that we have had some truly great players such as Joe Baker, John Brownlie, Alex Cropley, Peter Cormack etc but they all left. Pat was not in ETs plans and left at end of his career and for that reason I would like to see a stand named after him. Any thoughts?

I agree with you on this and had hoped the board would have seen to it by now. This man will never be replace in the thoughts of Hibs supporters just like the famous five before him. He was a wonderful player of great skill and ability,Even now he does not let down the name of Hibernian and never will.

To me, and i admit i am biased, this would be a fitting testament to him as a player, an icon and a true living legend!

I know some clubs look to sell the naming of their stands but this would mean more to the support and to carrying the name and history of the club forward.

Onion
28-03-2016, 06:31 PM
I agree with you on this and had hoped the board would have seen to it by now. This man will never be replace in the thoughts of Hibs supporters just like the famous five before him. He was a wonderful player of great skill and ability,Even now he does not let down the name of Hibernian and never will.

To me, and i admit i am biased, this would be a fitting testament to him as a player, an icon and a true living legend!

I know some clubs look to sell the naming of their stands but this would mean more to the support and to carrying the name and history of the club forward.

:top marks Agree, naming a stand is the very least the club could do to honour a man that symbolises Hibernian FC as much as anything or anyone. A legend.

Tom Hart RIP
28-03-2016, 06:36 PM
I believe this should be done when Pat is alive and well and able to appreciate it.

superfurryhibby
28-03-2016, 07:16 PM
I believe this should be done when Pat is alive and well and able to appreciate it.

Agree totally.

Stanton is the clubs elder statesman. He is one of the greatest players in our history and he epitomises everything this club is about. We should be grasping the nettle and celebrating this.

I think it would be fitting to call the East after him. " The Stanton" sounds good to me.

alhibby
29-03-2016, 07:19 PM
Great main picture of the ex-players, can anyone name them all? Ive got 11 ( I think )

CropleyWasGod
29-03-2016, 07:35 PM
Great main picture of the ex-players, can anyone name them all? Ive got 11 ( I think )

Did you spot Ally McLeod hiding behind Peter Cormack? :greengrin

I've got all but one... the one between Cropley and Murray. I was told John Murphy was there...is that him?

Also, Stuart Lovell was there. That might be him to McLeod's left.

alhibby
29-03-2016, 07:43 PM
Did you spot Ally McLeod hiding behind Peter Cormack? :greengrin

I've got all but one... the one between Cropley and Murray. I was told John Murphy was there...is that him?

Also, Stuart Lovell was there. That might be him to McLeod's left.

Right enough, Ally still got same hairstyle, :greengrin and dont know who is between Crops and Murray, its annoyed me all day :agree:

CropleyWasGod
29-03-2016, 07:51 PM
Right enough, Ally still got same hairstyle, :greengrin and dont know who is between Crops and Murray, its annoyed me all day :agree:

Who else are you struggling with?

alhibby
29-03-2016, 07:56 PM
Who else are you struggling with?

The guy between Paddy and John Fraser and guy on Frasers left shoulder, should also know tall guy on right, and I know I will be annoyed when you tell me :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
29-03-2016, 07:58 PM
The guy between Paddy and John Fraser and guy on Frasers left shoulder, should also know tall guy on right, and I know I will be annoyed when you tell me :greengrin

1. his brother also played with us. Both in the 60's....

2. left winger..... won us a few penalties.

3. token Jambo. Centre half in the 0-7 game.

There....:greengrin

alhibby
29-03-2016, 08:04 PM
1. his brother also played with us. Both in the 60's....

2. left winger..... won us a few penalties.

3. token Jambo. Centre half in the 0-7 game.

There....:greengrin

2 and 3 so obvious now you hand out clues, 2 was a big hero of mine too, 3 I drank in his pub , 1 struggling :rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
29-03-2016, 08:07 PM
2 and 3 so obvious now you hand out clues, 2 was a big hero of mine too, 3 I drank in his pub , 1 struggling :rolleyes:

1 also played for Newcastle and Palace.

His brother played for Everton and Rangers.

They didn't play together at Hibs, but played together for Falkirk. (thanks Wikipedia....)

alhibby
29-03-2016, 08:13 PM
1 also played for Newcastle and Palace.

His brother played for Everton and Rangers.

They didn't play together at Hibs, but played together for Falkirk. (thanks Wikipedia....)

Ah right, scored against Berwick in the cup after they knocked Rangers out, another good un, would never have got that but can see its him now, cheers :thumbsup: