PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: TICKET INFORMATION: ALLOA AWAY

RSS Bot
28-03-2016, 10:50 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6333)

Danderhall Hibs
28-03-2016, 12:57 PM
Are loyalty points now irrelevant?

Billy Whizz
28-03-2016, 12:59 PM

No, just don't think there is any need to stagger sales on this occasion
You will need loyalty points for the play offs though

lucky
28-03-2016, 01:13 PM

They'll be scrapped for next season

Hermit Crab
28-03-2016, 02:39 PM

Doubtfull. It's a 3 year rolling term before they are reset.

Billy Whizz
28-03-2016, 02:46 PM

Would look rather foolish on Hibs, if this was the case

HibsNutter
28-03-2016, 02:46 PM

No they won't, they've served there purpose for the games in which there's been great demand. Would be a shame if this scheme were to stop because of people who don't get their way kicking up a fuss.

Baldy Foghorn
28-03-2016, 02:58 PM

And you know this for certain?

lucky
28-03-2016, 03:58 PM
It's under consideration by the club with the likely outcome they will be scrapped.

Scouse Hibee
28-03-2016, 04:04 PM
It's under consideration by the club with the likely outcome they will be scrapped.

How do you know that is the likely outcome,inside knowledge or just an opinion?

Kojock
28-03-2016, 05:03 PM

I don't have any inside info but IMO given the animosity it has caused and the abuse handed out to the ticket office staff it wouldn't surprise me if it was scrapped. One thing for certain is it won't continue in its current format.

marinello59
28-03-2016, 05:05 PM

Which would probably be for the best.

B.H.F.C
28-03-2016, 05:05 PM
I don't have any inside info but IMO given the animosity it has caused and the abuse handed out to the ticket office staff it wouldn't surprise me if it was scrapped. One thing for certain is it won't continue in its current format.

If it's scrapped then any animosity will just be flipped on its head, with those who currently benefit most voicing their displeasure that it has been scrapped.

Out of interest, what kind of abuse have the ticket office staff received over it? Don't know if I've missed something there.

marinello59
28-03-2016, 05:10 PM
If it's scrapped then any animosity will just be flipped on its head, with those who currently benefit most voicing their displeasure that it has been scrapped.

Out of interest, what kind of abuse have the ticket office staff received over it? Don't know if I've missed something there.

I would hazard a guess that very few people are really benefitting.
I'm stepping away from this one now before the exchanges get more robust. I'll start a flag debate for those who fancy a bit of light relief.:greengrin

lucky
28-03-2016, 06:34 PM
How do you know that is the likely outcome,inside knowledge or just an opinion?

1-2-1 discussion with the decision maker.

Scouse Hibee
28-03-2016, 06:40 PM

Pretty reliable info then,cheers.

3pm
28-03-2016, 08:51 PM

Tam McCourt.

SunshineOnLeith
29-03-2016, 01:09 AM
No they won't, they've served there purpose for the games in which there's been great demand. Would be a shame if this scheme were to stop because of people who don't get their way kicking up a fuss.

The only purpose it's served is to create entirely unnecessary arguments. The sooner it's binned the better.

Hibernia&Alba
29-03-2016, 04:59 PM
The only purpose it's served is to create entirely unnecessary arguments. The sooner it's binned the better.

No system is going to please everybody, but I think it's right to have some mechanism that ensures those who have attended most games get first chance for tickets at high demand matches. If we get to the cup final against one of the Old Firm, that's when something like a loyalty scheme proves its worth.

marinello59
29-03-2016, 05:14 PM
No system is going to please everybody, but I think it's right to have some mechanism that ensures those who have attended most games get first chance for tickets at high demand matches. If we get to the cup final against one of the Old Firm, that's when something like a loyalty scheme proves its worth.

If we get to a cup final against the old firm the old ST priority system would ensure that everybody who goes to the most games gets a ticket.

Andy74
29-03-2016, 05:18 PM
Which would probably be for the best.

Indeed. Anything that causes more issues than it solves is never good.

Pity, if it was left to give the walk ups a foot up it would have worked fine.

B.H.F.C
29-03-2016, 05:19 PM

Don't need it for games like that when we get an allocation of double our average attendance.

More appropriate when we have a small allocation for a big game, like The Rangers playoff game last year for instance.

SteveHFC
29-03-2016, 05:25 PM
Don't need it for games like that when we get an allocation of double our average attendance.

More appropriate when we have a small allocation for a big game, like The Rangers playoff game for last year for instance.

Play off games this season as well, however seems my total attendance at every game for last 2 seasons will count for nothing if it's scrapped and it will be down to luck again when away allocations are less than season ticket numbers, other teams run similar systems and don't seem to have any problems.:confused:

B.H.F.C
29-03-2016, 05:34 PM
Play off games this season as well, however seems my total attendance at every game for last 2 seasons will count for nothing if it's scrapped and it will be down to luck again when away allocations are less than season ticket numbers, other teams run similar systems and don't seem to have any problems.:confused:

Nothing to suggest the loyalty system won't be used for the playoff games this season. Be interesting to see what comes of the review though.

SteveHFC
29-03-2016, 05:37 PM
Nothing to suggest the loyalty system won't be used for the playoff games this season. Be interesting to see what comes of the review though.

I was meaning they will be required this season (hopefully):greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
29-03-2016, 05:39 PM
If we get to a cup final against the old firm the old ST priority system would ensure that everybody who goes to the most games gets a ticket.

Every ST holder will certainly get one, but the loyalty points will then ensure that folk who have attended some matches will have a chance to buy before those who never go. And as BHFC says, there are occasions for high demand matches when ticket allocation is less than the number of season tickets, e.g. derbies and play offs. It's only fair that supporters who have been to the most away games get first option.

Keith_M
29-03-2016, 06:07 PM
Loyalty Points were introduced at the request of a number of fans.

If it's scrapped, it'll be because of a vocal minority, some of whom even complained about the unfairness of allocating tickets when the game didn't sell out and they could stil have bought one if they really wanted.

This is one of these situations where the Club can't win, no matter what they do.

jodjam
29-03-2016, 06:21 PM

Long shot, but do you know when Hibs plan to announce this or any decision on loyalty points. We have 3 season tickets in family and I'm holding off renewing.

marinello59
29-03-2016, 06:30 PM
Every ST holder will certainly get one, but the loyalty points will then ensure that folk who have attended some matches will have a chance to buy before those who never go. And as BHFC says, there are occasions for high demand matches when ticket allocation is less than the number of season tickets, e.g. derbies and play offs. It's only fair that supporters who have been to the most away games get first option.

I have not failed to get a ticket for a Hibs game I wanted to go to for years. All that the loyalty points system did for me was guarantee me a ticket a day or so earlier than I would have got it anyway. If it's only benefiting a very few then it's a layer of admin we can well do without.
And as others have said, it has devalued the Season Ticket.

SunshineOnLeith
29-03-2016, 07:08 PM

Even for games like away to Rangers when we're playing well, the 'most loyal' fans always get a ticket because they're season ticket holders as well as regular away attendees. All the loyalty points system does is give them a day or so to buy their ticket rather than having to go online/phone the ticket office on the morning when they go on sale.

Is it really worth having a loyalty points system just so a few hundred folk can have a long lie and a leisurely breakfast two or three times a year?

lucky
29-03-2016, 07:19 PM
Long shot, but do you know when Hibs plan to announce this or any decision on loyalty points. We have 3 season tickets in family and I'm holding off renewing.

Sorry I don't but it's likely to be done during the close season.

jodjam
29-03-2016, 07:28 PM
Sorry I don't but it's likely to be done during the close season.

No problem. Thanks lucky

silverhibee
29-03-2016, 08:34 PM

If we get promoted then I can't see any high demand matches next season, maybe cup games and The Rangers games at Ibrox and not forgetting the "Adams", if we don't get promoted then I just can't see folk there being a high demand for any game in this league next season, the play off's will be fine as the folk with the most loyalty points will get the tickets for these games as they will still be valid for this season.
If we get to the final then we have 8500 ST holders so everyone will get a ticket, then it will go to a public sale.
Now, I'm away to get involved in the flag debate. :greengrin

southern hibby
29-03-2016, 11:50 PM
I have not failed to get a ticket for a Hibs game I wanted to go to for years. All that the loyalty points system did for me was guarantee me a ticket a day or so earlier than I would have got it anyway. If it's only benefiting a very few then it's a layer of admin we can well do without.
And as others have said, it has devalued the Season Ticket.

I don't think it devalues the season ticket. You get points for your season ticket and points for away games it only devalues a season ticket if and when someone has more points than you because they go to away games as well as home and you don't.

GGTTH

marinello59
30-03-2016, 03:21 AM
I don't think it devalues the season ticket. You get points for your season ticket and points for away games it only devalues a season ticket if and when someone has more points than you because they go to away games as well as home and you don't.

GGTTH

ST holders have always been in the top group when it comes to priority for away away tickets in the past regardless of whether they spent money elsewhere or not. That's not the case now so whether you think that the loyalty scheme is right or wrong the reward for having a season ticket on its own has been diluted. If ST holders really are the lifeblood of the club then the club have to be careful here. It may not mean scrapping the scheme but it could be tweaked a bit to compensate for unintended consequences.

lucky
30-03-2016, 07:39 AM
The fact that any ST holder is considering not renewing based on a loyality scheme undermining the value of having a ST is reason enough for it to be scrapped. The scheme originally talked about was to ensure regular walk up fans were recognized. But it's now a uber fan badge of honor. I'm fortunate I can go to games if I want to and have got 600 plus points. But this scheme has not worked.

B.H.F.C
30-03-2016, 07:48 AM
The fact that any ST holder is considering not renewing based on a loyality scheme undermining the value of having a ST is reason enough for it to be scrapped. The scheme originally talked about was to ensure regular walk up fans were recognized. But it's now a uber fan badge of honor. I'm fortunate I can go to games if I want to and have got 600 plus points. But this scheme has not worked.

When did Hibs ever say the purpose was to reward regular walk up fans?

lucky
30-03-2016, 01:07 PM
When did Hibs ever say the purpose was to reward regular walk up fans?

Not Hibs but it was the ethos behind the demands for a scheme from fans going on the posts on here

marinello59
30-03-2016, 01:13 PM
Not Hibs but it was the ethos behind the demands for a scheme from fans going on the posts on here

That's true. The main motivator that I can recall being expressed on here and elsewhere was to give recognition to those who spent a lot of money at the club but could not commit to a season ticket. That group has been forgotten.

jodjam
30-03-2016, 02:05 PM
That's true. The main motivator that I can recall being expressed on here and elsewhere was to give recognition to those who spent a lot of money at the club but could not commit to a season ticket. That group has been forgotten.

Correct. And forgetting that group may cost the club in the long run

mattyjacklegend
08-04-2016, 08:48 AM
Can you pay at the gate for tomorrows game guys?

Can't see any info on either website in relation to that.

Cheers!

Keith_M
08-04-2016, 09:02 AM

Cheers!

Wrong thread Bud, this one is for arguing abut the Loyalty Points Scheme

:wink:

Billy Whizz
08-04-2016, 11:03 AM

Cheers!

There usually is

Kojock
08-04-2016, 11:05 AM

Cheers!

Give Alloa a call

You can contact the club office on Tel. 01259 722695

SteveHFC
08-04-2016, 11:17 AM

Cheers!

Was wondering the same but I've just been down to the ticket office to get my ticket for tomorrow just incase there isn't.

mattyjacklegend
08-04-2016, 11:22 AM
Thanks for your help guys! Appreciate it.

mattyjacklegend
08-04-2016, 11:31 AM
Tried Alloa, just ringing out. Called Hibs and they say they cannot get through either to confirm. Hibs did say they were 99% sure you could pay at the gate but cannot confirm or guarantee. Told me to call back later to see if they have been able to contact Alloa.

Have to say I'm surprised the club don't know this a day before the game. I'm working all day so cannot get down to buy tickets. No matter what we will be going to see if we can pay at the gate. Every game is just so big at the moment, been a rocky road recently but have to say I've enjoyed supporting the club again this season. Going to the games has not been a chore like previous recent seasons were the only thing making me go to games is that I feel I'm supposed to, haha.

twiceinathens
08-04-2016, 11:52 AM
Tried Alloa, just ringing out. Called Hibs and they say they cannot get through either to confirm. Hibs did say they were 99% sure you could pay at the gate but cannot confirm or guarantee. Told me to call back later to see if they have been able to contact Alloa.

Have to say I'm surprised the club don't know this a day before the game. I'm working all day so cannot get down to buy tickets. No matter what we will be going to see if we can pay at the gate. Every game is just so big at the moment, been a rocky road recently but have to say I've enjoyed supporting the club again this season. Going to the games has not been a chore like previous recent seasons were the only thing making me go to games is that I feel I'm supposed to, haha.

See official website away ticket information. Tickets available from 2p.m. at gates 12-13

Dobosz83
08-04-2016, 12:27 PM
I bought 4 tickets for the game on Tuesday night online and picked them up on the Wednesday. Going through with the wife and kids.

Anyone able to recommend somewhere to go pre match? I believe there's a Wetherspoons in the area but will they accommodate away fans?

Kojock
08-04-2016, 12:33 PM
I bought 4 tickets for the game on Tuesday night online and picked them up on the Wednesday. Going through with the wife and kids.

Anyone able to recommend somewhere to go pre match? I believe there's a Wetherspoons in the area but will they accommodate away fans?

The Bobbing John
46 Drysdale Street
Alloa
Clackmannanshire
FK10 1JL

10 minute walk to the stadium.

Dobosz83
08-04-2016, 12:50 PM
The Bobbing John
46 Drysdale Street
Alloa
Clackmannanshire
FK10 1JL

Brilliant. Thanks for the info!

I take it there is a mix of supporters pre match mate?

Albanian Hibs
08-04-2016, 03:48 PM
Brilliant. Thanks for the info!

I take it there is a mix of supporters pre match mate?

Yes we go there every time when in Alloa. Pints of Tennants £2.09p!!

Hibernia&Alba
08-04-2016, 05:48 PM
The Bobbing John
46 Drysdale Street
Alloa
Clackmannanshire
FK10 1JL

**** me, they've a pub in Alloa now? They'll have telephones next!

Dobosz83
08-04-2016, 06:00 PM
Yes we go there every time when in Alloa. Pints of Tennants £2.09p!!

Stunning pint price, the stuff dreams are made of on an away day. Hopefully get win as it's essential going into Tuesday night!

:flag: