PDA

View Full Version : Play off final,Cup final dates

Gmack7
28-03-2016, 10:11 AM
We biew it last year but ther could be the same problem this year.
I'm sure the dates are 19/22 for the playoffs with cup final (i know)on the 21st.

Spike Mandela
28-03-2016, 10:20 AM
We biew it last year but ther could be the same problem this year.
I'm sure the dates are 19/22 for the playoffs with cup final (i know)on the 21st.

They will simply extend one of the dates.

The problem last year was the fixtures clashed around 30th/31st May and any extension would take the tie into June which would have cause chaos with players contracts which would have expired.

Billy Whizz
28-03-2016, 10:44 AM
They will simply extend one of the dates.

The problem last year was the fixtures clashed around 30th/31st May and any extension would take the tie into June which would have cause chaos with players contracts which would have expired.

Think they've brought the 1st play off date forward to the Tuesday before the final, can't remember what they've decided about the 2bd leg

Keith_M
28-03-2016, 12:44 PM
TBF, Hibs are the only team that could still be involved in both and the possibility of it happening is currently very slim.

EDIT: I'm talking bollox, as usual, as Dundee United could still be involved in both.

Danderhall Hibs
28-03-2016, 12:50 PM
I'm sure I read that if this happens the playoff leg 1 would be Tuesday, cup final Saturday, 2nd leg Wednesday.

Onceinawhile
28-03-2016, 01:18 PM
TBF, Hibs are the only team that could still be involved in both and the possibility of it happening is currently very slim.

EDIT: I'm talking bollox, as usual, as Dundee United could still be involved in both.

The chances of us beating a team we've already gubbed this season and knocking out Falkirk or Raith over two legs are VERY slim? I'd have thought they'd be quite good.

Ref in the semi final will see to it though

Eyrie
28-03-2016, 03:37 PM

So could Sevco, if they lose all their remaining matches except the Cup semi, and we win all of ours.

jgl07
28-03-2016, 04:08 PM

You were talking bollox regardless of the Dundee United situation.

Keith_M
28-03-2016, 04:10 PM
So could Sevco, if they lose all their remaining matches except the Cup semi, and we win all of ours.

Aye, that's likely to happen right enough http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/greengrin2.gif

You were talking bollox regardless of the Dundee United situation.

If you mean the 'slim chance', then it's my opinion, based on our form in the last 6-7 games.

Eyrie
28-03-2016, 07:07 PM
Aye, that's likely to happen right enough http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/greengrin2.gif

Still means that three of the four semi-finalists could be affected and not just ourselves :na na: