PDA

View Full Version : Media Famous Five Statue (some Hibernian Retro content)

FranckSuzy
27-03-2016, 09:44 PM
Just saw this on Facebook:

"The Famous Five Statue - Update

A meeting to discuss the proposed idea for a commemorative statue for The Famous Five outside the stadium was held at Easter Road on Tuesday March 8th. The meeting was attended by Leeann Dempster, Frank Dougan, Greig Mailer (Hibernian FC), Ian Young & Tom Wright (Hibernian Historical Trust), Allan Herriot (Sculptor), Matthew Falconer & Peter Symington (Hibernian Retro). The meeting lasted for two hours and was both constructive and positive. Below is a brief summary of some of the key points raised and discussed during the meeting.

It was agreed that everyone involved with Hibernian FC should be involved in taking the project forward. This would include The Hibernian Historical Trust, Hibernian Supporters Association, Shareholders, HSL, Working Together and the wider support.

It was stated that the site used in the image provided by Alan Herriot (pictured), was not a suitable location. This was due to a number of factors, including emergency exits, and plans for the future development of that area. Once a suitable location has been agreed, new visuals will be prepared for consultation.

The cost to produce a statue were discussed including the procedure, production methods, and time involved in the sculpting and casting process of the statue. A maquette which is a small scale model of the statue will be produced at no cost. Once a suitable location for a statue has been located by way of agreement with the club, accurate costings will be calculated.

In relation to funds raised. It was suggested that the club should be in control of funds. It was also suggested a concert could be held at Easter Road during the close season with proceeds going towards the statue.

The thoughts of Famous Five family members was raised. In particular, would they they be in agreement to a commemorative statue being made. It was assured that all the families involved have been approached previously and would fully support the project.

It was agreed that another meeting should take place in due course.

We will further update you as and when we have information.

GGTTH".

Discuss :greengrin I would definitely be in favour of this, as long as the part in bold is true.

superfurryhibby
27-03-2016, 10:01 PM
Seems like a positive meeting. Well done to all those involved. It would be a great way to commemorate Scotland's greatest ever forward line.

doddsy
27-03-2016, 10:04 PM
Just saw this on Facebook:

"The Famous Five Statue - Update

A meeting to discuss the proposed idea for a commemorative statue for The Famous Five outside the stadium was held at Easter Road on Tuesday March 8th. The meeting was attended by Leeann Dempster, Frank Dougan, Greig Mailer (Hibernian FC), Ian Young & Tom Wright (Hibernian Historical Trust), Allan Herriot (Sculptor), Matthew Falconer & Peter Symington (Hibernian Retro). The meeting lasted for two hours and was both constructive and positive. Below is a brief summary of some of the key points raised and discussed during the meeting.

It was agreed that everyone involved with Hibernian FC should be involved in taking the project forward. This would include The Hibernian Historical Trust, Hibernian Supporters Association, Shareholders, HSL, Working Together and the wider support.

It was stated that the site used in the image provided by Alan Herriot (pictured), was not a suitable location. This was due to a number of factors, including emergency exits, and plans for the future development of that area. Once a suitable location has been agreed, new visuals will be prepared for consultation.

The cost to produce a statue were discussed including the procedure, production methods, and time involved in the sculpting and casting process of the statue. A maquette which is a small scale model of the statue will be produced at no cost. Once a suitable location for a statue has been located by way of agreement with the club, accurate costings will be calculated.

In relation to funds raised. It was suggested that the club should be in control of funds. It was also suggested a concert could be held at Easter Road during the close season with proceeds going towards the statue.

The thoughts of Famous Five family members was raised. In particular, would they they be in agreement to a commemorative statue being made. It was assured that all the families involved have been approached previously and would fully support the project.

It was agreed that another meeting should take place in due course.

We will further update you as and when we have information.

GGTTH".

Discuss :greengrin I would definitely be in favour of this, as long as the part in bold is true.

A fantastic idea to commemorate the greatest forward line the Hi bees have ever had if not Scotland has ever seen. A cracking tribute.

Lancs Harp
27-03-2016, 10:09 PM
Simply :aok:

Never forget who we are or what we were.

Hibees! Hibees! Hibees!

Ronniekirk
27-03-2016, 10:24 PM
Will back this project but did they say what the proposal was for the site that it was on in the mock up ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
27-03-2016, 10:27 PM
Will back this project but did they say what the proposal was for the site that it was on in the mock up ?

Statue of Rod Petrie.

:greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
27-03-2016, 10:33 PM
Statue of Rod Petrie.

One is not amused

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/imagecache/Node_Page/images/1312421497129.jpg

BroxburnHibee
27-03-2016, 10:38 PM
Sounds like the club will be taking charge of this which is as it should be.

I think the point has been made though that the focus should be on getting out of this division. Until that's achieved everything else can wait.

Ozyhibby
27-03-2016, 10:42 PM
Interesting they say that bit of land is earmark for development.

Peevemor
27-03-2016, 11:06 PM

When the original plans were launched for the redevelopment of ER 20 odd years ago, the possibility of building offices in the NE corner was mentioned.

Pete
28-03-2016, 05:48 AM
It's a nice idea but I've got this feeling that it's money that could be spent on getting us out of this division. Maybe I'd feel different if we were in the top flight but again, could the money not be used for something that would positively enhance the match day experience like putting it towards safe standing facilities?

In fact, the council should be building a tribute to the famous five and terrible trio off its own back and placing it in Princes Street Gardens or the meadows. They are sporting greats that have done so much for the reputation of the cities clubs and if they're toiling for cash they can sell that thing that's outside their HQ in market street.

marinello59
28-03-2016, 06:10 AM
Nice idea but as others have said, all our efforts should be directed towards getting us out of this division for now.

GreenCastle
28-03-2016, 08:09 AM

Yeah curious to find out more about this?

Ronniekirk
28-03-2016, 09:30 AM
Statue of Rod Petrie.

I am sure he would love that but his giant moustache and that grin would be the stuff of nightmares if you had to walk by that Green grin

O'Rourke3
28-03-2016, 09:38 AM
Nice idea but as others have said, all our efforts should be directed towards getting us out of this division for now.

Haven't seen anything to suggest playing funds were being diverted. To me it looks like the fundraising will be down to the fans. Club will have oversight of the project - cannot imagine this will involve day to day for Leeann or the others. When we put the badge on the Stadium I don't recall anyone having a go at the club then either for diversion when we need to get out of the Championship tout de suite. I wonder how long it will take the Gorgie mob to start asking the council for statues.....

marinello59
28-03-2016, 10:06 AM
Haven't seen anything to suggest playing funds were being diverted. To me it looks like the fundraising will be down to the fans. Club will have oversight of the project - cannot imagine this will involve day to day for Leeann or the others. When we put the badge on the Stadium I don't recall anyone having a go at the club then either for diversion when we need to get out of the Championship tout de suite. I wonder how long it will take the Gorgie mob to start asking the council for statues.....

I'm not having a go at the club.:confused:
It's up to each individual what they want to do with their cash. For me if I'm going to throw any extra cash towards anything Hibs related it will be to HSL. That's just me though.

Bostonhibby
28-03-2016, 10:11 AM
It's up to each individual what they want to do with their cash. For me if I'm going to throw any extra cash towards anything Hibs related it will be to HSL. That's just me though.

I feel the same way because of where we currently are as a club, that said if the statue planmoves to the stage where we are raising funds towards a target I can see me getting sucked in if the club are administering it.

Got to be worth it just to see the angry letters to the council from the yam to complain that they want a bigger statue :wink:

O'Rourke3
28-03-2016, 10:58 AM

Didn't think you were. :thumbsup:

Brightside
28-03-2016, 11:01 AM
Like others I think its a nice idea...but if people have spare cash for statues i'd really rather they were pumping it into real life players. Leave this until we are back up in the Prem and on a steady foot.

mutley
28-03-2016, 09:56 PM
When the original plans were launched for the redevelopment of ER 20 odd years ago, the possibility of building offices in the NE corner was mentioned.

I noticed that too , intriguing what the plans might be.

And the NE corner eh? Good place to start, lay a foundation stone . ( I wonder if anyone will get that reference! )

Jack
28-03-2016, 10:08 PM
If the funds are to be raised [mainly or partly] by a concert that wasn't originally going to be held then no money would be diverted from anywhere!