PDA

View Full Version : El-Bakhtaoui

ekhibee
27-03-2016, 06:51 PM
I see his contract's up at the end of the season. Been a prolific scorer for Dunfermline, wondered how people would feel about Hibs signing him? I suppose it depends on whether he could carry on scoring at a higher level. I know we've got a few strikers obviously, just wondered what others would think about signing him.

LaMotta
27-03-2016, 06:54 PM
I see his contract's up at the end of the season. Been a prolific scorer for Dunfermline, wondered how people would feel about Hibs signing him? I suppose it depends on whether he could carry on scoring at a higher level. I know we've got a few strikers obviously, just wondered what others would think about signing him.

He is brilliant, scores all types of goals. Think he would be a great signing. Lots of teams will be after him though.

murray26
27-03-2016, 06:56 PM
I would love to see him at Easter road but I think we'd face stiff competition for his signing..

doddsy
27-03-2016, 07:01 PM
I believe there was some talk of us signing him a few months ago which went quiet so can't see him joining us any time soon. Would have loved to have him at the club.

Franck Stanton
27-03-2016, 07:02 PM
Seem to remember this question being asked and answered at start of this season just after we played them in a friendly.

Maybe I'm getting a wee bit senile, but wasn't there a rumour we had signed him on a pre-contract during the Jan window ?

Cameron1875
27-03-2016, 07:22 PM
Seen players like Nicky Clark score 30/40 in League 1 and do sod all when they get to a higher level so I'm cautious about rating this guy.

Might be worth a punt if we are still in this division next season but hard to say if he'd score goals in Premiership.

Can imagine he'll have his pick of clubs in Scotland now though!

PISTOL1875
27-03-2016, 07:32 PM
Seen players like Nicky Clark score 30/40 in League 1 and do sod all when they get to a higher level so I'm cautious about rating this guy.

Might be worth a punt if we are still in this division next season but hard to say if he'd score goals in Premiership.

Can imagine he'll have his pick of clubs in Scotland now though!

Nicky Clark was scoring because he was playing every week. He has hardly had a chance under Warburton..

doddsy
27-03-2016, 07:48 PM
Nicky Clark was scoring because he was playing every week. He has hardly had a chance under Warburton..

I think his dad is Sandy Clark if I remember rightly. A Yam and Sevco foamer. His son Nicky is a proven goalscorer and when he get's gametime he is a very decent player.

Famous Fiver
27-03-2016, 08:30 PM
I suggested before the transfer window closed that, in my opinion, he was worth a punt. That was 20 odd goals ago.

Now, in my opinion, he is outwith our price range. He has the pick of clubs able to pay far more than us.

Biggie
27-03-2016, 09:00 PM
I suggested before the transfer window closed that, in my opinion, he was worth a punt. That was 20 odd goals ago.

Now, in my opinion, he is outwith our price range. He has the pick of clubs able to pay far more than us.
I agree, thought he shone in the pre-season game and we should have gone for him....

StokePogesHibs
27-03-2016, 09:09 PM
I heard he's headed south next season and has told Dunfermline. Real talent that reminded me of a cross between Benji and Zemmama when I saw him play that cup tie against Ross Co.

Edson Arantes
27-03-2016, 09:34 PM
I know of two clubs that have been in contact with his agent.

Do you?

mcfly
27-03-2016, 10:00 PM
are u all forgetting we have Jamie insall on loan scoring goals.

He could be a great signing for us

The_Exile
28-03-2016, 12:29 AM
Seem to remember some Dunfy fans saying he was very hot and cold and that Joe Cardle was the main talent in that team.

JohnM1875
28-03-2016, 12:56 AM
Seem to remember some Dunfy fans saying he was very hot and cold and that Joe Cardle was the main talent in that team.

Didn't he win X-Factor? They're right, coming second is better.

Onceinawhile
28-03-2016, 09:38 AM
Didn't he win X-Factor? They're right, coming second is better.

Strange. My wife always complains about it.

Billy McKirdy
28-03-2016, 11:09 AM
are u all forgetting we have Jamie insall on loan scoring goals.

He could be a great signing for us

Good call, really looking forward to seeing Insall get his chance and I'm sure he'll make the step up after a decent season with a good East Fife side.

Gmack7
28-03-2016, 11:15 AM
Strange. My wife always complains about it.
:applause::applause:

Libby Hibby
28-03-2016, 01:12 PM
El Bakhtaoui was close to signing in pre season for us after Handling got injured at Berwick but it was between him and Keatings to sign, someone we thought we wouldn't get at the time and came as a wee bit of a surprise...the rest, they say is history

Turkish Green
28-03-2016, 01:20 PM
El Bakhtaoui was close to signing in pre season for us after Handling got injured at Berwick but it was between him and Keatings to sign, someone we thought we wouldn't get at the time and came as a wee bit of a surprise...the rest, they say is history

A lot can happen in a season, last season his tally was 9 goals in 38 appearances (24%). It is currently 30 goals in 68 games (44%). A total of 21 goals in 30 games (70%) this season so far. I suspect Hibs' chance has gone. He will likely go south.

Allant1981
28-03-2016, 02:27 PM
Cant really see loads of english clubs clambering over themselves to sign a guy from the 3rd division in scotland

Hermit Crab
28-03-2016, 02:35 PM
I heard he's headed south next season and has told Dunfermline. Real talent that reminded me of a cross between Benji and Zemmama when I saw him play that cup tie against Ross Co.

That's strange he told their you tube channel he wants to stay.

B.H.F.C
28-03-2016, 02:36 PM
That's strange he told their you tube channel he wants to stay.

Remember when Scott Allan said he was happy at Hibs?

Hermit Crab
28-03-2016, 02:42 PM

Scott Allan is a tad better than this boy. I've watched him 4 times this season. Gets marked out a lot of games. Not got enough in my opinion.

B.H.F.C
28-03-2016, 02:47 PM
Scott Allan is a tad better than this boy. I've watched him 4 times this season. Gets marked out a lot of games. Not got enough in my opinion.

Only making the point that footballers aren't renowned for their honesty and commitment.

sleeping giant
28-03-2016, 03:00 PM
I don't think Hibs would be priced out the market for a player in the 3rd tier of Scottish Football.

I've not really seen much of him but he certainly scores goals at that level.

JIm
28-03-2016, 05:25 PM
Fantastic progress and really hard to compare him against others (Nicky Clark). He was previously a futsal player and literally has only just started playing 11 aside when he moved to Dunfermline (three years ago I believe?). When he signed he couldn't speak a English and really had no game understanding but has got his head down and worked hard. Now a fluent English speaker, learning the game and has pissed the league this year with plenty room for improvement.

Amazed that Dunfermline haven't tried to sign him or even to a cash type deal of sorts to at least get the contract signed. As previously said a lot of clubs interested and Sevco also represented on Saturday to watch him. Out of contract at end of season and Dunfermline not entitled to a penny due to signing after age of 20.

LaMotta
28-03-2016, 08:33 PM
I don't think Hibs would be priced out the market for a player in the 3rd tier of Scottish Football.

I've not really seen much of him but he certainly scores goals at that level.

Some of his goals here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcQCy4tNnY0&feature=youtu.be

The one away at Ayr is out of this world!

The_Horde
28-03-2016, 09:06 PM
Some of his goals here:

He'd put away the chances Cummings misses IMO.

Libby Hibby
28-03-2016, 09:16 PM

You don't actually know that for sure...

Edson Arantes
28-03-2016, 09:25 PM

Sure?

eastmainsmsh
28-03-2016, 09:33 PM
If a 1 million plus bid came in for Cummings I'd love stubbs to sign the boy and play him beside insall next season

Waxy
28-03-2016, 10:00 PM

Would he have scores that header at the pbs?

CallumLaidlaw
28-03-2016, 10:11 PM
Fantastic progress and really hard to compare him against others (Nicky Clark). He was previously a futsal player and literally has only just started playing 11 aside when he moved to Dunfermline (three years ago I believe?). When he signed he couldn't speak a English and really had no game understanding but has got his head down and worked hard. Now a fluent English speaker, learning the game and has pissed the league this year with plenty room for improvement.

Amazed that Dunfermline haven't tried to sign him or even to a cash type deal of sorts to at least get the contract signed. As previously said a lot of clubs interested and Sevco also represented on Saturday to watch him. Out of contract at end of season and Dunfermline not entitled to a penny due to signing after age of 20.

Every single Dunfermline player, as well as the manager and his coaching staff, are out of contract at the end of the season. Tough place for them to be in but they apparently couldn't commit to more last summer in case they didn't get promoted.

As for El Bakhtoui, he is a low cost risk, so would not be surprised to see him in English league 1 next season, where unfortunately the wages are much higher than we can offer.

Scouse Hibee
28-03-2016, 10:17 PM

Yeah and then he went and signed for Rangers ;-)

MWHIBBIES
28-03-2016, 10:51 PM
He'd put away the chances Cummings misses IMO.Obviously he looks a great finisher in a video of only goals...

Dunbar Hibee
29-03-2016, 12:15 AM
If a 1 million plus bid came in for Cummings I'd love stubbs to sign the boy and play him beside insall next season

I'm glad you're not our manager.

Nutmegged
29-03-2016, 02:03 AM
Didn't play eleven a sides until he moved to Dunfermline, learned his trade with fotsal, hence why his touch is fabulous and his balance and ability to strike the ball is just superb, what he still needs to learn is about the actual game itself, he is still a long way off tactically, I'd be happy to see him at Hibs next Season, I think he'd bring excitement but ideally.he should stay with Dunfermline for another year, keep learning his trade in a place he's most comfortable.

J-C
29-03-2016, 07:31 AM
I think it will depend where we're playing next season will determine if we take a punt on him, he should be good enough to come in if we're still in this god forsaken league but it might be too big a step up if we get to the premiership. If we go up we need to hit the ground running and we won't have time to wait on anyone getting up to speed.

Crammond Hibee
29-03-2016, 07:46 AM
Doubt we will get him.Hes a

Crammond Hibee
29-03-2016, 07:47 AM
He's a very gifted player.I would love him to come to Hibs.

The_Horde
29-03-2016, 04:50 PM
Obviously he looks a great finisher in a video of only goals...

He seems more composed in areas Jason perhaps isn't. They'd compliment each other well.

LustForLeith
30-03-2016, 09:27 PM
A lot can happen in a season, last season his tally was 9 goals in 38 appearances (24%). It is currently 30 goals in 68 games (44%). A total of 21 goals in 30 games (70%) this season so far. I suspect Hibs' chance has gone. He will likely go south.

I saw him a few times for Pars last season and he was more of a winger than a striker. Jeffries style of play was to play him on the winger with Michael Moffat at big Gozi up front. I wasn't that impressed eighth him, he seemed to drift in and out of games. I think it's been credit to Allan Johnston that he's managed to get a lot of goals out of him this season.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went down South and things didn't gonzo plan and he ended up back here.

Toldo123
31-03-2016, 12:00 PM
His pace would make a massive difference to this hibs team.

CallumHibs07
31-03-2016, 12:03 PM

If you would reject a £1m+ bid for Cummings I'm glad you're not in charge of our transfers.

allezsauzee
31-03-2016, 01:30 PM

I'd liken that to getting rid of Mickey Weir and Keith Wright and replacing them with Paul Tosh and Lee Power

scotiaf
31-03-2016, 01:37 PM
If you would reject a £1m+ bid for Cummings I'm glad you're not in charge of our transfers.

I would suggest he was talking about playing Install upfront. I might be wrong tho

Mcpakeisgod
31-03-2016, 02:00 PM
If it is indeed true that he grew up only playing futsal, he should be technically superb. I can't comment on him having not seen him play, but it'll be an interesting one to see how it turns out

Good luck to him

DeliriousNomaD
31-03-2016, 02:01 PM
He's *****. Nothing to see here ;)

Lago
31-03-2016, 09:39 PM
Fleetwood supposedly thinking about a bid.

CallumLaidlaw
31-03-2016, 09:53 PM
Fleetwood supposedly thinking about a bid.

Along with Aberdeen and Motherwell

Nevi_SOL
31-03-2016, 10:00 PM
Anyone know if we're actually interested?

Famous Fiver
01-04-2016, 10:08 AM
No, but we should be(also should have been).

This horse may well have bolted.

Could be argued that our scouting system in the lower leagues is not been all it could be.

Last Minute
01-04-2016, 12:41 PM
Aberdeen are in for him:agree:

Andy74
01-04-2016, 01:29 PM
No, but we should be(also should have been).

This horse may well have bolted.

Could be argued that our scouting system in the lower leagues is not been all it could be.
There have been lots of players that have done well at that level but don't make the step up. We will have been well aware of him.

My Dunfermline supporting colleagues still aren't convinced he would be good enough so maybe Hibs share that view?

Onion
01-04-2016, 01:51 PM
There have been lots of players that have done well at that level but don't make the step up. We will have been well aware of him.

My Dunfermline supporting colleagues still aren't convinced he would be good enough so maybe Hibs share that view?

Just like Leigh Griffiths when banging them in for Dundee :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
01-04-2016, 02:02 PM
Just like Leigh Griffiths when banging them in for Dundee :greengrin

For every Leigh Griffiths's, there are 20 Barry Lavety's :wink:

Famous Fiver
01-04-2016, 03:23 PM
Opinions, eh.

Barry Lavety was not the worst player ever to pull on a Hibs jersey.

Could have been a nice challenge for Stubbsy to turn Bakhtoui, a proven goalscorer, into a valuable multi purpose team player, or then again, just ask him to score 29 goals and get the rest of the team to do their bit too.

We'll never know.

H18 SFR
01-04-2016, 03:38 PM
I can't believe just how bad some of the keepers are in the goals montage, I wouldnt be surprised if we end up signing a few of them.

Lago
01-04-2016, 06:30 PM
For every Leigh Griffiths's, there are 20 Barry Lavety's :wink:
I liked Barry.:agree:

eastmainsmsh
01-04-2016, 07:05 PM

The last player I negotiated for my local team ended up making the grade at Brighton lol

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Cameron_(footballer)

Famous Fiver
03-04-2016, 06:00 PM
Goal number 30 for the season yesterday.

He'll be a Championship player next year if he does not move on.

It'll be interesting to see if he can make the step up but I suspect he'll be offski for a higher level than we are presently playing at.

Hermit Crab
03-04-2016, 06:53 PM
Goal number 30 for the season yesterday.

He'll be a Championship player next year if he does not move on.

It'll be interesting to see if he can make the step up but I suspect he'll be offski for a higher level than we are presently playing at.

He's not been offered a new deal yet.

oldbutdim
04-04-2016, 07:37 AM
The Breadman also wants him.

frazeHFC
05-04-2016, 09:38 AM
Some of his goals here:

He looks quality! Would love it if we signed him.

Ozyhibby
05-04-2016, 10:31 AM
I'd say we have probably left it too late and he will now be a bit expensive for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allant1981
05-04-2016, 11:34 AM
I'd say we have probably left it too late and he will now be a bit expensive for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is out of contract in the summer, wont be asking for mega bucks i wouldnt have thought seeing as he is playing in the lower divisions in scotland

eastmainsmsh
05-04-2016, 11:50 AM
The kind of player who would flourish plus add on value