PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Murray - world number one

Sir David Gray
27-03-2016, 06:32 PM
Well done to Jamie Murray who became the best men's doubles player in the world today. :aok:

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2016, 06:51 PM
Well done to Jamie Murray who became the best men's doubles player in the world today. :aok:

How does that work? Is it not the "team" that's ranked rather than an individual?

Sir David Gray
27-03-2016, 07:15 PM
How does that work? Is it not the "team" that's ranked rather than an individual?

Depends if he plays with the same player at each tournament.

Not sure about his current partner, I just know that Jamie Murray is world number one.

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2016, 08:44 PM
Depends if he plays with the same player at each tournament.

Not sure about his current partner, I just know that Jamie Murray is world number one.

Well done to him. I just don't understand how an individual can be ranked number 1 in a team game.

Sir David Gray
27-03-2016, 09:15 PM
Well done to him. I just don't understand how an individual can be ranked number 1 in a team game.

If players X and Y win 8 tournaments in a season and each tournament win gives them 100 points then that's 800 points that they're both on. Player X could get injured for the last few months of the season so stays on 800 points and player Y could team up with player Z and win another 4 tournaments. That means that Player Y would be on 1200 points, with player X on 800 and player Z on 400.

Jamie Murray has played with four different partners so far this season.

Danderhall Hibs
27-03-2016, 10:15 PM
If players X and Y win 8 tournaments in a season and each tournament win gives them 100 points then that's 800 points that they're both on. Player X could get injured for the last few months of the season so stays on 800 points and player Y could team up with player Z and win another 4 tournaments. That means that Player Y would be on 1200 points, with player X on 800 and player Z on 400.

Jamie Murray has played with four different partners so far this season.

:aok: well done to him