PDA

View Full Version : To All Musselburgh Hibernian fans.

monktonharp
26-03-2016, 11:03 PM
Our supporters branch has been running for a number of years now, and do run buses to as many away games as we can. for a number of years we have started our bus from Musselburgh, and before that it started in Joppa. at those times we actually had more people joining us in Joppa who were from Musselburgh. we usually start at the Ship. anyone from that area will know where the pub is. our branch is from the Milton area which is just up the road so anyone from Mussie is welcome. We will give it another couple of chances, but if the response is not there we will make changes. we know there is a huge amount of Hibees in that area along with the east coast although we don't want to "poach" from the established East Lothian branch. Cant understand the apparent lack of interest though. we want to run a bus next week, but if the interest is not there, nae bus.

pacorosssco
26-03-2016, 11:29 PM
Our supporters branch has been running for a number of years now, and do run buses to as many away games as we can. for a number of years we have started our bus from Musselburgh, and before that it started in Joppa. at those times we actually had more people joining us in Joppa who were from Musselburgh. we usually start at the Ship. anyone from that area will know where the pub is. our branch is from the Milton area which is just up the road so anyone from Mussie is welcome. We will give it another couple of chances, but if the response is not there we will make changes. we know there is a huge amount of Hibees in that area along with the east coast although we don't want to "poach" from the established East Lothian branch. Cant understand the apparent lack of interest though. we want to run a bus next week, but if the interest is not there, nae bus.

Good luck to you. A thankless task at times but people like yourself are life blood of club. A born and raised joppa lad I hope u can pull more folk in or find a smaller bus fit needs of regulars that doesnt see anyone out of pocket.

monktonharp
27-03-2016, 12:00 AM
Good luck to you. A thankless task at times but people like yourself are life blood of club. A born and raised joppa lad I hope u can pull more folk in or find a smaller bus fit needs of regulars that doesnt see anyone out of pocket.thanks for that my friend:aok:

ronaldo7
27-03-2016, 12:06 AM
I've been on this bus a few times, and the guys really make you feel welcome. Hope you can make it happen Wullie.:aok:

The Harp Awakes
27-03-2016, 12:12 AM

Although brought up in Edinburgh, I've lived in Musselburgh for ~30 years and brought my kids up here. There's a huge Hibs support in Musselburgh but I guess the problem you have is that we're only 4 miles from THG so plenty ways to get to home and away games, being so close to the City.

The laddy and I tend to pick and choose our away games these days but hardly miss a home game. I'll pass on the word to the Hibees I know here. Hope you manage to get more numbers.

Not sure if you're aware but the Horseshoe in Musselburgh used to run a minibus to Hibs games. Not sure if they still do, but might be worth making enquiries to see if you can tie up with them?

Best of luck mate.

monktonharp
27-03-2016, 12:21 AM
Although brought up in Edinburgh, I've lived in Musselburgh for ~30 years and brought my kids up here. There's a huge Hibs support in Musselburgh but I guess the problem you have is that we're only 4 miles from THG so plenty ways to get to home and away games, being so close to the City.

The laddy and I tend to pick and choose our away games these days but hardly miss a home game. I'll pass on the word to the Hibees I know here. Hope you manage to get more numbers.

Not sure if you're aware but the Horseshoe in Musselburgh used to run a minibus to Hibs games. Not sure if they still do, but might be worth making enquiries to see if you can tie up with them?

Best of luck mate.:aok:Appreciate your comments mate. just a bit frustrated vabout starting our bus in Mussie with such a poor response lately. we will still survive, as we have a hard core of fans that want to go anywhere to watch the Hibees, although it can be limited when we cant get a full bus as the more established bus convenors will vouch for.

Pat s 4
27-03-2016, 08:17 AM
What time is bus leaving ship inn.? Imay have 9or10 that would go on your bus,

scoopyboy
27-03-2016, 08:26 AM

As one of the guys who runs the East Lothian bus I have no objection whatsoever in you tapping into the huge Musselburgh market, in fact I encourage it as the more people that travel to games and keep Supporters buses going the better. I should add we don't pick up or drop off in Musselburgh.

To away games these days we don't have Musselburgh guys on the bus that often but I still see them at the different grounds. Pretty sure they go by train now.

I've stayed in Musselburgh for the last fourteen years and I see plenty folk going to games, having Hibs number plates, wearing Hibs tops etc so the support is there.

Before we started the East Lothian Hibs bus we used to travel on the Musselburgh Hibs bus and it was a double decker to a lot of away games and was always heaving. Charlie Stewart ran it who posts on here as fatbloke.

I have seen buses run from the Horseshoe but it has generally been for big games, although they may well run a minibus regularly as a previous poster has suggested.

A few of the guys I know bowl at Musselburgh Private so that may be another avenue to explore.

Drop me a pm anytime if you think I can help you.

Good luck.

Ronniekirk
27-03-2016, 08:28 AM
What time is bus leaving ship inn.? Imay have 9or10 that would go on your bus,

If you have never been to the Alamo in Paisley you are in for a treat

oneone73
27-03-2016, 09:53 AM
I've been on this bus a few times, and the guys really make you feel welcome. Hope you can make it happen Wullie.:aok:

This. 100 per cent.

Bostonhibby
27-03-2016, 10:01 AM
[emoji106] Definitely a one off. Owner gave us all a free pie and let us take over the beer "garden" at the back! Unbelievable motor outside as well!

franks
27-03-2016, 01:05 PM
Have traveled on your bus several times and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience, as already mentioned the Alamo bar has to be visited at least once.

Let me know if you are going on Saturday as I'll go and possibly 1 more.

Dashing Bob S
27-03-2016, 03:17 PM
I think social changes have caught up with whole supporters bus culture, which is a shame. Now there is usually one sober (i.e.: recovering alcoholic) in every group of friends, and most prefer the flexibility the car offers.

And for most away games the train is much better for a sly wee peeve. (I'm not the recovering alcoholic in my circle of chums.)

iwasthere1972
28-03-2016, 03:59 PM

Good luck Wullie. As you know, I've travelled on your bus on a number of occasions and always without any hitches. Enjoy the pre match refreshment in various establishments which we were booked into. Even the Alamo in Paisley, where the old guy deals in dollars, gets a thumbs up from me.

:aok:

iwasthere1972
28-03-2016, 04:02 PM

It's like going back in time to the 70's. :greengrin

monktonharp
28-03-2016, 05:42 PM
been waiting for a bus price from our regular company, but they must have shut down for the Easter hols. will be on the phone first thing tomorrow, and if it's reasonable we will be running. will be starting from the Ship,then through the spine of the Metropolis:wink: heading to the Alamo!:greengrin

monktonharp
30-03-2016, 09:58 PM
What time is bus leaving ship inn.? Imay have 9or10 that would go on your bus,could do with a number like that. we have quite a few wanting seats but I will decide in the morning if it is a go-er. the price is a wee bit high, unless we get more names . do contact me by PM if serious. WOULD LEAVE ABOUT 10:45am