PDA

View Full Version : Joke Hearts fan on Talk Sport phone in

NAE NOOKIE
25-03-2016, 03:18 PM
Talk Sport just had their daily quiz where you had to guess who the presenter was on an old clip. This is what they played.

Caller ..... Aye, I'm calling about the Scotland team. Brown kens we have a good team at Hearts, he picks Cameron and Pressley.

Presenter ..... Yes

Caller ..... Well how come he keeps on ignoring Antti Niemi?

Presenter .... Eh?

Caller ... Why does he not pick Niemi

Presenter ..... He's Finnish

Caller ..... No he isnae he's only 28

Presenter ..... No he's F i n n i s h

Caller .... Is he no Scottish?

Presenter .... No

Caller ..... Oh, I thought he wiz Scottish

If one of our clever clogs on here can link to the actual clip it was played at about 3:45 ..... Its a lot funnier in audio.

Danderhall Hibs
25-03-2016, 03:36 PM
Presenter is Arthur Albiston. Ancient clip - funny though.

grunt
25-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Here

https://youtu.be/tvreCDC61Zw

Since90+2
25-03-2016, 03:44 PM
The guy making the call knew what he was doing hence why he mentioned Niemmi to get the ball rolling.

TheFall
25-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Brilliant
Any chance it was a Hibee on the wind up?

Danderhall Hibs
25-03-2016, 05:34 PM
Brilliant
Any chance it was a Hibee on the wind up?

Doubt it - no one would pretend they supported them would they?

Keith_M
25-03-2016, 06:28 PM
I'm sure the guy did that as a joke.

scott7_0(Prague)
26-03-2016, 08:58 PM
It's a friend of mine who was the caller, he planned it for a while, prior to the call and had to get get them to say "he's Finnish" or the joke would have backfired big time.

Oh and he's a Jambo. :aok:

monktonharp
26-03-2016, 11:41 PM
It's a friend of mine who was the caller, he planned it for a while, prior to the call and had to get get them to say "he's Finnish" or the joke would have backfired big time.

Oh and he's a Jambo. :aok:I totally agree, that he must have been a gorgie barsteward. I am starting to get a bit concerned about you though. you say your frae Prague, but are you not frae Watson Crescent or Yeaman Place? concerned. I do remember a supporters bus leaving from that area called the Albert Kidd , leaving at 7 minutes to 5, going to Dundee. sometime in 1986. it was listed in the football supporters section of the Edinburgh Evening news. were you on it:greengrin

oldbutdim
27-03-2016, 09:18 AM
I totally agree, that he must have been a gorgie barsteward. I am starting to get a bit concerned about you though. you say your frae Prague, but are you not frae Watson Crescent or Yeaman Place? concerned. I do remember a supporters bus leaving from that area called the Albert Kidd , leaving at 7 minutes to 5, going to Dundee. sometime in 1986. it was listed in the football supporters section of the Edinburgh Evening news. were you on it:greengrin

I met the Hibby that put that as in. He was working as a rep on Corfu.

fat freddy
27-03-2016, 09:50 AM
I met the Hibby that put that as in. He was working as a rep on Corfu.

That was my brother. He still wears an Albert Kidd T Shirt to this day. The flag he had made up for The Albert Kidd Supporters Club was last seen in Hamilton on a cold Tuesday night when Stuart Beedie scored a 40 yard Rocket in a 1-0 victory. I think it got left tied up to a crush barrier

oldbutdim
27-03-2016, 10:12 AM
That was my brother. He still wears an Albert Kidd T Shirt to this day. The flag he had made up for The Albert Kidd Supporters Club was last seen in Hamilton on a cold Tuesday night when Stuart Beedie scored a 40 yard Rocket in a 1-0 victory. I think it got left tied up to a crush barrier

He arranged for me to be photographed poolside wearing Hibs cap and I appeared as a model in the Cosmos brochure for many years.

fat freddy
27-03-2016, 05:54 PM
He arranged for me to be photographed poolside wearing Hibs cap and I appeared as a model in the Cosmos brochure for many years.
You must have been in the only hotel in Kavos with a pool. Was Edwin Starr involved in the photo shoot?

norhfc
27-03-2016, 08:23 PM
You must have been in the only hotel in Kavos with a pool. Was Edwin Starr involved in the photo shoot?

Know the guy well, and I saw Edwin Starr in Kavos in 1988. Legendary party when he was on.

Colr
28-03-2016, 06:07 PM
Talk Sport just had their daily quiz where you had to guess who the presenter was on an old clip. This is what they played.

Caller ..... Aye, I'm calling about the Scotland team. Brown kens we have a good team at Hearts, he picks Cameron and Pressley.

Presenter ..... Yes

Caller ..... Well how come he keeps on ignoring Antti Niemi?

Presenter .... Eh?

Caller ... Why does he not pick Niemi

Presenter ..... He's Finnish

Caller ..... No he isnae he's only 28

Presenter ..... No he's F i n n i s h

Caller .... Is he no Scottish?

Presenter .... No

Caller ..... Oh, I thought he wiz Scottish

If one of our clever clogs on here can link to the actual clip it was played at about 3:45 ..... Its a lot funnier in audio.

Wo ooh ooh...... Antti Niemi had a canary......!!!!