PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HSL AGM TAKING PLACE TOMORROW

RSS Bot
25-03-2016, 12:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6325)

Ozyhibby
25-03-2016, 12:03 PM
Great chance for anyone who has not joined yet to sign up and come along and meet some legends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MurrayfieldHibs
25-03-2016, 12:10 PM
Great chance for anyone who has not joined yet to sign up and come along and meet some legends.

And to hear about the good work HSL are doing to support our club.

I will be there :flag::thumbsup::flag:

offshorehibby
25-03-2016, 01:27 PM
Offshore at the moment so going to miss tomorrow. I hope various people will be along at some point over the weekend with write up and comments. :thumbsup:

baggio70
26-03-2016, 07:51 PM
How did the meeting go??

Nakedmanoncrack
26-03-2016, 08:05 PM
How did the meeting go??

Not a huge turn out - but these sort of meetings arent everyones cup of tea.
Was great to hear the stories from Pat Stanton and the other former players; great stuff.

Incidentally, who was the Hearts captain for the 7-0 game?

Baldy Foghorn
26-03-2016, 08:06 PM
Not a huge turn out - but these sort of meetings arent everyones cup of tea.
Was great to hear the stories from Pat Stanton and the other former players; great stuff.

Incidentally, who was the Hearts captain for the 7-0 game?

Jumbo Jim.....

Nakedmanoncrack
26-03-2016, 08:10 PM
Jumbo Jim.....

Definitely played - not sure he was captain.

blackpoolhibs
26-03-2016, 08:12 PM
Eddie Thompson

Nakedmanoncrack
26-03-2016, 08:14 PM
Eddie Thompson

Correct, later to become Australia manager.

blackpoolhibs
26-03-2016, 08:16 PM

Its mad, i couldn't tell you who their captain is now, but can remember a useless piece of information from 40 odd years ago.

Baldy Foghorn
26-03-2016, 08:18 PM
Definitely played - not sure he was captain.

Ah, then not sure then, can think of Jumbo, Cruikshank or Park......Never really took note of who played for them in that game, when reading literature about it.....

CropleyWasGod
26-03-2016, 08:59 PM
Jim Brown played....he reminds me that Hearts hit the post early on :) So did Dave Clunie, . .. and Alan Anderson, who was there today.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
26-03-2016, 08:59 PM
Wasn't it jumbo jim's debut?

Golden Bear
26-03-2016, 09:03 PM

Now deceased and a real decent guy he was.

CropleyWasGod
26-03-2016, 09:05 PM
Not the best of photos, but maybe some of the oldies can pass their Saturday evening by identifying these guys...

.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160326/80904712c085216715628b0eb01bcf54.jpg

Ozyhibby
26-03-2016, 09:52 PM
Bloke in the middle with the certificate is Pat Stanton.

Hiber-nation
26-03-2016, 09:55 PM
Not the best of photos, but maybe some of the oldies can pass their Saturday evening by identifying these guys...

.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160326/80904712c085216715628b0eb01bcf54.jpg

I can see Tony Higgins and Alex Cropley but not sure of the others. My eyesight's not what it was....

Lang Toun hibby
26-03-2016, 09:59 PM
I can see Tony Higgins and Alex Cropley but not sure of the others. My eyesight's not what it was....

John Fraser is to the right of Pat Stanton as we view it.

CropleyWasGod
26-03-2016, 10:00 PM
I can see Tony Higgins and Alex Cropley but not sure of the others. My eysight's not what it was....

Not in any order, but others I was able to identify:-

Jackie Mac
John Fraser
Kenny Davidson
Willie Murray (came on for George Best :greengrin)
Peter Cormack
Neil Martin
Ally Macleod
Jim Scott
Alan Anderson (token Jambo)
Jim Black
Jim Herriott

A touching moment was, when Herriott described beating Celtic, my namesake had tears in his eyes....

eastterrace
26-03-2016, 10:05 PM
Ah, then not sure then, can think of Jumbo, Cruikshank or Park......Never really took note of who played for them in that game, when reading literature about it..... Kenny garland was the goalie not cruickie

Hiber-nation
26-03-2016, 10:09 PM
John Fraser is to the right of Pat Stanton as we view it.

And I see Peter now, never knew he was so grey these days!

Stantons Angel
26-03-2016, 10:36 PM

Jackie Mac
John Fraser
Kenny Davidson
Peter Cormack
Neil Martin
Ally Macleod
Jim Scott
Jim Black
Jim Herriott

A touching moment was, when Herriott described beating Celtic, my namesake had tears in his eyes....

So did i just listening to him. he was speaking from the Heart and was so sincere! As were they all in their praise of Pat.

you forgot about John Murphy and
Eric Stevenson

CropleyWasGod
26-03-2016, 10:41 PM
So did i just listening to him. he was speaking from the Heart and was so sincere! As were they all in their praise of Pat.

you forgot about John Murphy,

Gotcha. Where is he in the pic? Not sure I would recognise him.

Criswell
26-03-2016, 10:42 PM
It was revealed today that only 1450 have signed-up which is not great. I feel the lack of response will see the scheme fizzle out which will be a shame. To me the important thing is creating an additional income stream to help finance better quality players on the park and not so much fan ownership. We have plenty of Hibs Fans ( Sun. 13th Mar?) but not enough Supporters.

Ronniekirk
26-03-2016, 11:02 PM

Jackie Mac
John Fraser
Kenny Davidson
Peter Cormack
Neil Martin
Ally Macleod
Jim Scott
Jim Black
Jim Herriott

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160326/41286fb495dcf48fa83fc3dcdec9c3b9.jpg

Don't know why but went through a phase. When as a teenager playing football with mates snd you got to choose which player you were and would choose Kenny
Cant remember a lot about him though

Golden Bear
26-03-2016, 11:08 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160326/41286fb495dcf48fa83fc3dcdec9c3b9.jpg

Don't know why but went through a phase. When as a teenager playing fuootball with mates snd you got to choose which player you were and would choose Kenny
Cant remember a lot about him though

Vague recollections of his first team debut and I think he scored with almost his first touch of the ball.

Ronniekirk
26-03-2016, 11:16 PM
It was revealed today that only 1450 have signed-up which is not great. I feel the lack of response will see the scheme fizzle out which will be a shame. To me the important thing is creating an additional income stream to help finance better quality players on the park and not so much fan ownership. We have plenty of Hibs Fans ( Sun. 13th Mar?) but not enough Supporters.

Hoped for around the 2,000 mark by now but another wee push will take us over 1,500 and promotion would surely see us break the 2,000 barrier
If that can be sustained and increased gates sponsorship merchandise etc its still worthwhile in terms of the income

PatHead
26-03-2016, 11:21 PM
Vague recollections of his first team debut and I think he scored with almost his first touch of the ball.

Was it against Malmo away in a second leg?

Golden Bear
26-03-2016, 11:25 PM
Was it against Malmo away in a second leg?

Not sure of the opposition but I thought he scored from a left wing position kicking "downhill" in the first half.

Ronniekirk
26-03-2016, 11:34 PM
Not sure of the opposition but I thought he scored from a left wing position kicking "downhill" in the first half.

I have the programme for malmo game in attic we won 6 0 changed days and we won the away leg as well

Jack
26-03-2016, 11:53 PM

I wasn't there but am 2 of the 1,400 :-)

I think it's a decent response from a support whose club is not in and hasn't for a long time been in crisis.

I have every faith that the numbers will continue to grow.

Gerard
27-03-2016, 12:36 AM
I wasn't there but am 2 of the 1,400 :-)

I think it's a decent response from a support whose club is not in and hasn't for a long time been in crisis.

I have every faith that the numbers will continue to grow.

I share your view and membership of HSL. I was not able to attend today as I had some unexpected business to take care off. HSL is only 1 year old. Give it time and then judge its success.

1875STEVE
27-03-2016, 12:49 AM

Nothing wrong with that IMO.

1,450 people putting money in, for no other reason, than the manager getting more money to spend on players. and get shares out of it aswell???

Everytime I read a new piece of news on the HSL, the numbers are rising, all good in my book. :thumbsup:

franks
27-03-2016, 01:18 PM
Have not joined HSL yet as I bought shares last spring. I have decided to join HSL, although due to expenditure in buying shares that will not be till summer.

gylehibby
27-03-2016, 02:27 PM
One of the quotes that might be of interest to those who are still undecided, 30,000 Hibernian supporters at Hampden for the league cup final only a few weeks ago. If only 10% of that number joined HSL, they would have a seat on the board!!

Weststandwanab
27-03-2016, 04:19 PM
One of the quotes that might be of interest to those who are still undecided, 30,000 Hibernian supporters at Hampden for the league cup final only a few weeks ago. If only 10% of that number joined HSL, they would have a seat on the board!!

That almost made me jump but..... how many directors are there ?

One amongst however many is that really going to make any difference ?

CropleyWasGod
27-03-2016, 04:28 PM

There are currently 9.

Of those, 2 are also on the Board of HSL. Another 2 are fans' representatives.

marinello59
27-03-2016, 04:32 PM

If fan ownership is a serious aim the sooner we get an HSL rep on the board the better. It will make a difference.

Pretty Boy
27-03-2016, 05:00 PM
If fan ownership is a serious aim the sooner we get an HSL rep on the board the better. It will make a difference.

It's worth noting as well that an HSL director would be legally protected on the board, not the individual but the position. Whilst I doubt there is any plans to do it, and both are doing a sterling job imo, both Frank and Amit can be removed at any time.

With regards the AGM yesterday I thought the turnout was decent, the room was set for 125 and there wasn't too many empty seats. It was good to see a few familiar faces including at least 2 employees of the football club in attendance. There wasn't a whole lot of business to report but there were good questions that were given good answers, again imo. Pat Stanton seemed genuinely moved at being given the honorary membership, as he said getting recognition from the club is great but it's that wee bit more special when it comes from the fans. Hearing some of the stories from genuine legends was great and the regard and respect they have for Pat shines through, I could have listened to Jim Herriot talk all day.

All in all it was an enjoyable Saturday afternoon imo.

Stantons Angel
27-03-2016, 06:01 PM
It's worth noting as well that an HSL director would be legally protected on the board, not the individual but the position. Whilst I doubt there is any plans to do it, and both are doing a sterling job imo, both Frank and Amit can be removed at any time.

With regards the AGM yesterday I thought the turnout was decent, the room was set for 125 and there wasn't too many empty seats. It was good to see a few familiar faces including at least 2 employees of the football club in attendance. There wasn't a whole lot of business to report but there were good questions that were given good answers, again imo. Pat Stanton seemed genuinely moved at being given the honorary membership, as he said getting recognition from the club is great but it's that wee bit more special when it comes from the fans. Hearing some of the stories from genuine legends was great and the regard and respect they have for Pat shines through, I could have listened to Jim Herriot talk all day.

All in all it was an enjoyable Saturday afternoon imo.

a good description of the events yesterday and i too could have listened to the former players all day long. It is good to hear them say what they felt for the club when they played for us and your right Jim Herriot nearly had me in tears too with his lovely tribute to Pat.
Being the kind of man Pat is he gets embarrassed when he is complimented and i dont really know if he understands just what he as the man he is and as the footballing hero mean to the Hibs supporters.
One gentleman got up and just wanted to thank the former players for the pleasure they had given him over the years they had played. He was emotional when saying that too. The Hibs mean so much to so many and in this financial climate we need to stand with them in the quest for better times.

I was really taken a back when we were told that if only 10% of the 30,000 that travelled to the League Cup Final had signed up to HSL we could have enough clout to put a director on the board that could influence decisions affecting the club.
It sounds so simple put like that doesnt it? Yet im sure if more got involved giving a small amount each month there would be even better hope of new signings for the team.

It was a very interesting afternoon spent with "GOD" and his followers!

MurrayfieldHibs
27-03-2016, 06:27 PM
a good description of the events yesterday and i too could have listened to the former players all day long. It is good to hear them say what they felt for the club when they played for us and your right Jim Herriot nearly had me in tears too with his lovely tribute to Pat.
Being the kind of man Pat is he gets embarrassed when he is complimented and i dont really know if he understands just what he as the man he is and as the footballing hero mean to the Hibs supporters.
One gentleman got up and just wanted to thank the former players for the pleasure they had given him over the years they had played. He was emotional when saying that too. The Hibs mean so much to so many and in this financial climate we need to stand with them in the quest for better times.

I was really taken a back when we were told that if only 10% of the 30,000 that travelled to the League Cup Final had signed up to HSL we could have enough clout to put a director on the board that could influence decisions affecting the club.
It sounds so simple put like that doesnt it? Yet im sure if more got involved giving a small amount each month there would be even better hope of new signings for the team.

It was a very interesting afternoon spent with "GOD" and his followers!

Well done everyone for posting their summaries. Two other things that I took note of are that we now have 8.16% of the shareholding - we will soon be at 10% (even sooner if more sign up!:thumbsup: ) and the incredibly low amount of admin expenses - £386 (printing, postage, stationary, advertising & bank charges). These guys are making sure that our money goes into buying shares.

Please keep up the good work :flag::flag::flag:

ano hibby
27-03-2016, 06:43 PM
Someone can correct my arithmetic but:
1450 assumed at £12 a month on average (my assumption..a lot at £10 and some at £18.75..pls correct this if wrong) is £17.4k a month X 12 = £209k a year.
Not to be sniffed at...is this not the equivalent of 2 of our better players wages (£2k a week) taken care of by HSL and a bit left over. Better to build HSL steadily over time with serious contributors who are there for the long term than start with a bang an then find it tailing off and can't be relied upon as a source of player budget income.
Love to see it higher obviously but it's only a year old.
A good steady start especially given the uncertainty that surrounded the scheme plus relegation etc

Ozyhibby
27-03-2016, 06:52 PM
Someone can correct my arithmetic but:
1450 assumed at £12 a month on average (my assumption..a lot at £10 and some at £18.75..pls correct this if wrong) is £17.4k a month X 12 = £209k a year.
Not to be sniffed at...is this not the equivalent of 2 of our better players wages (£2k a week) taken care of by HSL and a bit left over. Better to build HSL steadily over time with serious contributors who are there for the long term than start with a bang an then find it tailing off and can't be relied upon as a source of player budget income.
Love to see it higher obviously but it's only a year old.
A good steady start especially given the uncertainty that surrounded the scheme plus relegation etc

Our top two earners are covered by HSL as things stand. The potential is there if we can attract more members, to really make a massive difference to the quality of players we can sign each season.

StokePogesHibs
28-03-2016, 02:44 AM
It was revealed today that only 1450 have signed-up which is not great. I feel the lack of response will see the scheme fizzle out which will be a shame. To me the important thing is creating an additional income stream to help finance better quality players on the park and not so much fan ownership. We have plenty of Hibs Fans ( Sun. 13th Mar?) but not enough Supporters. we have many supporters but not enough fanatics 'fans'. I always tell my American friends the difference between a supporter and a fanatic 'fan'. GGTTH