PDA

View Full Version : Debt

TheFall
24-03-2016, 04:05 PM
Excuse my ignorance.
I should know this stuff.

Do Hibs have any debt or loans?
Do Hibs own Easter Road or does Tom Farmer?
Do Hibs own the training facility or does Tom Farmer?

CropleyWasGod
24-03-2016, 04:09 PM
Excuse my ignorance.

Hibs have a loan due to the holding company. Being paid off, interest free, at £500k pa. It was £5m at 31 July 15, therefore will currently be £4.67m.

No other debt, other than the normal working capital creditors.

Hibs own both ER and EM.

mjhibby
24-03-2016, 05:29 PM
The cup runs I'm sure will ensure this season at least means we may actually make a small profit. If we get to the final it will be a decent profit which will pay this year's debt repayment.

TheFall
24-03-2016, 05:31 PM
Hibs have a loan due to the holding company. Being paid off, interest free, at £500k pa. It was £5m at 31 July 15, therefore will currently be £4.67m.

Hibs own both ER and EM.

Thanks for that. It is an incredibly healthy picture.

Have read so much jiggery pokery guff over the years about football teams consolidating debts etc that it is often difficult for the uninitiated in financial matters to work out the real picture.

Hopefully between the cup runs, season tickets, TV money, share issues etc we can avoid further debt this season.

I think a lot of those who hate Petrie don't realise or understand how good a position he has put the club in. From an antiquated dump of a stadium and training in a public park to dream stadium, our own training complex and an easily serviced debt.

Look at Hearts in comparison, servicing a debt at 6% and needing to spend £10 million on a new stand. They are not going to reach break even for years.
Once you reach the stage of all the money being the clubs to spend on players you have a real chance at making progress.

All we have to do now is get promoted and persuade an extra 5000 folk to come through the gates.

CropleyWasGod
24-03-2016, 05:35 PM

Have read so much jiggery pokery guff over the years about football teams consolidating debts etc that it is often difficult for the uninitiated in financial matters to work out the real picture.

Hopefully between the cup runs, season tickets, TV money, share issues etc we can avoid further debt this season.

I think a lot of those who hate Petrie don't realise or understand how good a position he has put the club in. From an antiquated dump of a stadium and training in a public park to dream stadium, our own training complex and an easily serviced debt.

Look at Hearts in comparison, servicing a debt at 6% and needing to spend £10 million on a new stand. They are not going to reach break even for years.
Once you reach the stage of all the money being the clubs to spend on players you have a real chance at making progress.

All we have to do now is get promoted an extra 5000 folk to come through the gates.

We don't have an overdraft facility, so there can't be any more debt.

CropleyWasGod
24-03-2016, 05:36 PM
The cup runs I'm sure will ensure this season at least means we may actually make a small profit. If we get to the final it will be a decent profit which will pay this year's debt repayment.

The debt is being repaid at £41k per month. That will have been budgeted for at the start of the season, when we expected to make a loss.

Any profit this season will be a bonus.

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2016, 05:41 PM

All we have to do now is get promoted and persuade an extra 5000 folk to come through the gates.

Playing in the 2nd tier of the footballing backwater thats Scottish football for 2 consecutive seasons, maybe more?

I will thank god when he leaves, i will never thank him for anything else.

Tyler Durden
24-03-2016, 05:48 PM

An incredibly healthy picture!

Think you're at the wind up here.

TheFall
24-03-2016, 05:49 PM
Playing in the 2nd tier of the footballing backwater thats Scottish football for 2 consecutive seasons, maybe more?

Football fans and many of it's administrators are poor at looking at the big picture.
Hence the reason so many have almost put their clubs out of business.
A couple of seasons in the Championship will just be a blink in a long history.
The future is bright.

Ozyhibby
24-03-2016, 05:57 PM
Shame he's lost 5000 supporters along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2016, 06:00 PM

:agree: Never mind though, the futures bright, that man could put the sun out in Alaska. :rolleyes:

TheFall
24-03-2016, 06:13 PM

A foolish man only judges overall health by what he can see on the park.
A wise man looks at the whole picture.

BoomtownHibees
24-03-2016, 06:20 PM

Surely what is on the park is the overall goal though no??

TheFall
24-03-2016, 06:22 PM

I agree we are down to the hardcore 8500 fans.
The fair weather supporters are just that and will come back once we are the best Scottish team out with Rantic

jgl07
24-03-2016, 06:26 PM

Except that Hibs have more supporters than they had in the early 1990s when Petrie was brought it.

7,000 was a decent crowd at Easter Road around 1992.

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2016, 06:27 PM
The fair weather supporters are just that and will come back once we are the best Scottish team out with Rantic

Well the training ground is built, the stadiums finished and we've just popped into 3rd place, any idea when this world dominations going to emerge?

Pretty fed up listening to Gary Barlow warble that bloody song.

since90plustwo
24-03-2016, 06:27 PM

Hearts had a glorious team on the park. Then what happened........

We ended up in that position due to poor management but have all the platforms to go forward.

They ended up in that position due to poor ownership. They share a training centre and have to build a new stand.

The Green Goblin
24-03-2016, 06:28 PM
Hiya Rod. Hiya pal. :greengrin Quiet during the break is it? :wink:

BoomtownHibees
24-03-2016, 06:31 PM

We ended up in that position due to poor management but have all the platforms to go forward.

They ended up in that position due to poor ownership. They share a training centre and have to build a new stand.

Who cares about them??

It still doesn't take away from the fact that the ultimate goal of the club is success on the park, not just an existence.

Pete
24-03-2016, 06:32 PM
:hmmm:

The Green Goblin
24-03-2016, 06:35 PM

Me too, if I'm being completely honest. :greengrin You had the greater courage of your convictions to post it though.... :wink:

TheFall
24-03-2016, 06:41 PM

Of course it is.
I think in 3 seasons we will be the third best team in Scotland.

Hearts have to spend £10 million on a new stand and pay Anne Budge 6% on the debt.
Aberdeen have a ground that is a dump and will need to be replaced at great expense.

Accordingly they won't have money to improve their teams.

We on the other hand have a tip top ground and a small debt being paid back interest free.
As such we will be able to spend our income on players.

I have never been more positive about the future of our club.

Leanne Dempster is doing a great job.
We have a decent if inexperienced manager who has brought in good players.
Farid will leave in the summer and hopefully McGeough can get his injury sorted out.
We have a potentially £3 million asset in John McGinn and £1 million in Jason Cummings

If we can sign two quality full backs who can cross the ball well, a good creative midfielder, a good striker and get Hanlon on a new contract we will have a top team.

TheFall
24-03-2016, 06:44 PM

Correcto.
Nice jewellery but nae knickers

Smartie
24-03-2016, 06:51 PM

If we don't go up this season then our "hardcore" will be decimated further still.

We're lucky to have held onto as many fans as we have.

Yes, there are positives to point to in terms of the way the club is run financially but we are in a desperate "sporting" position right now that MUST be sorted with some big results towards the end of this season.

Or those figures that look quite rosy right now soon will not.

Tyler Durden
24-03-2016, 06:54 PM

Miyaghi-esque quote but it's nonsense.

The whole picture is that we're paying off a debt built up due to Petrie's mismanagement. Without even mentioning what division we find ourself in.

There's nothing to celebrate about our financial position, we could have had the stadium and a East Mains and be debt free by now.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-03-2016, 07:06 PM

Sorry, but that's a ridiculous thing to say. It's that kind of view that has largely got us where we are. When you apply any other metric to football other than where you are in the league,then you have lost the plot.

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2016, 07:10 PM
Of course it is.

Hearts have to spend £10 million on a new stand and pay Anne Budge 6% on the debt.
Aberdeen have a ground that is a dump and will need to be replaced at great expense.

We on the other hand have a tip top ground and a small debt being paid back interest free.

Farid will leave in the summer and hopefully McGeough can get his injury sorted out.
We have a potentially £3 million asset in John McGinn and £1 million in Jason Cummings

If we can sign two quality full backs who can cross the ball well, a good creative midfielder, a good striker and get Hanlon on a new contract we will have a top team.

If yer auntie had baws.

TheFall
24-03-2016, 07:14 PM
Well the training ground is built, the stadiums finished and we've just popped into 3rd place, any idea when this world dominations going to emerge?

No world domination i'm afraid or European for that matter but a good quality team that won't get relegated again.

Of course success is reliant on good administrators choosing good managers who will have to sign good players who are not prone to injury. That along with a wee bit of good luck.

The more supporters, the more money we will have to pay for quality players.

silverhibee
24-03-2016, 07:15 PM

You would have thought we would have kicked on many years a go when all this was in place, and never mind 3rd place in 3 years time we could have been playing Barca in the next round of the CL by now.

But all is fine now, the future is bright as we sit 3rd in the lower leagues.

The fall ends here.

silverhibee
24-03-2016, 07:15 PM

Now now Peter. :cb

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2016, 07:16 PM
No world domination i'm afraid or European for that matter but a good quality team that won't get relegated again.

Of course success is reliant on good administrators choosing good managers who will have to sign good players who are not prone to injury. That along with a wee bit of good luck.

The more supporters, the more money we will have to pay for quality players.

I've been reading that book for a good number of years, took it back to the library last week and filed it back in the fiction section.

TheFall
24-03-2016, 07:34 PM
Hiya Rod. Hiya pal. :greengrin Quiet during the break is it? :wink:

Have you stopped arguing with Michael Stewart :wink:

TheFall
24-03-2016, 07:36 PM
I've been reading that book for a good number of years, took it back to the library last week and filed it back in the fiction section.

Talking of which I am going to watch the Scotland game

CropleyWasGod
24-03-2016, 07:52 PM
Wish I had never said anything. ...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
24-03-2016, 08:00 PM

Absolutely. Yamtastic or HOH, take your pick.

The Green Goblin
24-03-2016, 08:51 PM
Have you stopped arguing with Michael Stewart :wink:

Ouch! :greengrin

Franck Stanton
24-03-2016, 08:58 PM
Started reading the thread, got bored with it, imo, we are football fans, who gives a flying one about behind the scenes, that will take care of themselves, I for one just want a successful football team on the pitch every Saturday, playing good football. When the yams won ths Scottish cup do you think there was even one of them saying " We won the cup, but we are skint" ? Nah didnae think so.

Bostonhibby
24-03-2016, 09:48 PM
Absolutely. Yamtastic or HOH, take your pick.

all properly spelt so my money is on Yamtastic...........:wink:

TheFall
24-03-2016, 09:57 PM
Started reading the thread, got bored with it, imo, we are football fans, who gives a flying one about behind the scenes, that will take care of themselves, I for one just want a successful football team on the pitch every Saturday, playing good football. When the yams won ths Scottish cup do you think there was even one of them saying " We won the cup, but we are skint" ? Nah didnae think so.

Is that not what Rangers supporters did and were robbed blind until Dave King came in

TheFall
24-03-2016, 09:59 PM
Wish I had never said anything. ...

Sorry for dragging you into this :wink:
:flag:

TheFall
24-03-2016, 10:00 PM

I hope you are not saying Hibs fans can't spell

Just Alf
24-03-2016, 10:06 PM
Mines 2.. sky bet no takin' any more bets!

Wonder why?

Lol!

GGTTH

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

FranckSuzy
24-03-2016, 10:11 PM
Excuse my ignorance.

Hibs own both ER and EM.

That's what 'wee teams' do. 'Big teams' just owe it to themselves.

TheFall
24-03-2016, 10:19 PM
Mines 2.. sky bet no takin' any more bets!

Wonder why?

Lol!

GGTTH

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I have already renewed my Hibs season ticket for next season.
Have those calling me a yam? :flag:

Bostonhibby
24-03-2016, 10:20 PM
I hope you are not saying Hibs fans can't spell

Just firing out the controversial statements hoping for a reaction - you know how it works:aok:

FranckSuzy
24-03-2016, 10:24 PM
I have already renewed my Hibs season ticket for next season.
Have those calling me a yam? :flag:

I hope you have had some proper financial advice then since, bizarrely, you don't seem to have any idea of our financial position....:confused:

brog
24-03-2016, 10:25 PM

Im no fan of RP but you really need to be factual here. You can't keep comparing our 2nd highest average attendance in the last 50+ years with current attendances. If you do that then you have to acknowledge RP was in charge when we set that average attendance record.

TheFall
24-03-2016, 10:37 PM
I hope you have had some proper financial advice then since, bizarrely, you don't seem to have any idea of our financial position....:confused:

No, as a result of not mismanaging my funds I was able to pay for my season ticket without recourse to a financial adviser. Obviously if I had squandered my funds on a Ferrari and all the latest shiny baubles to impress my friends in the short term this would not have been possible. :hibees

villager
24-03-2016, 10:44 PM

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

Alfred E Newman
24-03-2016, 10:45 PM
Im no fan of RP but you really need to be factual here. You can't keep comparing our 2nd highest average attendance in the last 50+ years with current attendances. If you do that then you have to acknowledge RP was in charge when we set that average attendance record.

At last, someone talking sense.

J-C
25-03-2016, 07:16 AM
We sold ...

GOC £1.6m
Whittaker £2m
Thomson £2m
Murphy £1.5m
Brown £4.4m

We built a training complex and finished off the stadium, I'd still like to know what happened to the money and how we were still paying off £5m bank loan?

blackpoolhibs
25-03-2016, 07:38 AM

Yes he was, but the evidence clearly shows he got lucky, 1 from how many is it now shows he knows nothing about appointing managers good enough for our club.

He's gone from appointing manager after manager with completely different philosophies, Mowbray to Butcher, thats the kind of thought that clown puts into appointing managers.

Throw in Fenlon and Calderwood, 2 more managers that play THEIR football as far away from the type of football we supporters want and expect at Hibs, he clearly in my opinion just had a scattergun approach and was completely out of his depth.

So yes lucky, completely lucky and the sooner he's away from the club the better for me.

CropleyWasGod
25-03-2016, 07:43 AM
We sold ...

GOC £1.6m
Whittaker £2m
Thomson £2m
Murphy £1.5m
Brown £4.4m

We built a training complex and finished off the stadium, I'd still like to know what happened to the money and how we were still paying off £5m bank loan?
Our debt, remember, was at £18m at one point.

Peevemor
25-03-2016, 07:45 AM
We sold ...

GOC £1.6m
Whittaker £2m
Thomson £2m
Murphy £1.5m
Brown £4.4m

At one point the club's debt was in excess of £18m. The car park and the above players were sold, probably bringing in a total of around £20m which, for argument's sake, brings us to +£2m. Then deduct the £9-10m or so spent on EM & the new East stand and we're at minus £7-8m plus (or minus) losses made some seasons.

It's very much fag packet stuff but I don't see any mystery.

Bostonhibby
25-03-2016, 09:25 AM
Was talking to my accountant friend about debt the other day, specifically the yam debts before they left everyone high and dry without a backward glance, and also the now defunct Glasgow rangers debt.

His view of business debt was that there's nothing wrong with it if you are paying it as that very act enhanced credit worthiness and your business standing. When a business stops paying and when the details of what it was doing instead of paying its way that's when its true culture is revealed and it's often hard to get rid of the stigma.
Quickly starting trading much the same as before leaving the creditors high and dry is also another reason not to deal with the business on normal credit terms.

Giro Playboy
25-03-2016, 09:40 AM
A wise man looks at the whole picture. I'm surprised you can see any picture with all that sand in your eyes

Giro Playboy
25-03-2016, 09:45 AM
Yes he was, but the evidence clearly shows he got lucky, 1 from how many is it now shows he knows nothing about appointing managers good enough for our club.

He's gone from appointing manager after manager with completely different philosophies, Mowbray to Butcher, thats the kind of thought that clown puts into appointing managers.

Throw in Fenlon and Calderwood, 2 more managers that play THEIR football as far away from the type of football we supporters want and expect at Hibs, he clearly in my opinion just had a scattergun approach and was completely out of his depth.

So yes lucky, completely lucky and the sooner he's away from the club the better for me. I doubt Petrie ever gave much thought to football philosophies when appointing managers. If there was 10 candidates then the one wanting the lowest salary got the job.

CropleyWasGod
25-03-2016, 09:45 AM
I doubt Petrie ever gave much thought to football philosophies when appointing managers. If there was 10 candidates then the one wanting the lowest salary got the job.

Is that what happened?

KeithTheHibby
25-03-2016, 09:46 AM

So yes lucky, completely lucky and the sooner he's away from the club the better for me.

So of those managers that Petrie appointed did you have reservations at the time of their appointment?
It's easy to stick the boot in once things don't work out.

Giro Playboy
25-03-2016, 09:47 AM
Is that what happened? I would bet my house on it

Giro Playboy
25-03-2016, 09:49 AM
So of those managers that Petrie appointed did you have reservations at the time of their appointment?
It's easy to stick the boot in once things don't work out. Well, I must admit Pat Fenlon had the alarm bells ringing

CropleyWasGod
25-03-2016, 09:51 AM
I would bet my house on it

.. but do you actually know?

Bostonhibby
25-03-2016, 10:00 AM
I doubt Petrie ever gave much thought to football philosophies when appointing managers. If there was 10 candidates then the one wanting the lowest salary got the job.

Nae fan of Petries but I doubt Butcher came cheaply or was the cheapest option.

greenlex
25-03-2016, 10:02 AM
Course he doesnt. Just like we dont but Id wager my house on Tery Butcher and his cronies being well off a bargain basement appointment.

Sammy7nil
25-03-2016, 10:15 AM
Of course it is.

Great wind up well not really it has been spotted by a few:confused:

Argylehibby
25-03-2016, 10:16 AM

Quite possibly the daftest quote I have ever read on here! Do you even know who applied for the job at any of the vacancies? Calderwood would not have been cheap, Butcher certainly wouldn't and no chance that McLeish was either.

Picking a football manager ain't easy, there isn't much to go on other than results in current or previous job. Look at Man U post Fergie, would the guys who have had that gig since been considered not good enough when they were appointed? By the way, Petrie didn't appoint all of the managers during that time. At least one, possibly Fenlon, was the result of one of the other directors efforts to do better than Petrie.

Giro Playboy
25-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Quite possibly the daftest quote I have ever read on here! Do you even know who applied for the job at any of the vacancies? Calderwood would not have been cheap, Butcher certainly wouldn't and no chance that McLeish was either.

Picking a football manager ain't easy, there isn't much to go on other than results in current or previous job. Look at Man U post Fergie, would the guys who have had that gig since been considered not good enough when they were appointed? By the way, Petrie didn't appoint all of the managers during that time. At least one, possibly Fenlon, was the result of one of the other directors efforts to do better than Petrie. The post was supposed to be sarcastic. It wasn't meant to be taken as fact......thank god some folk on here are just words on your computer screen and you don't have to deal with them in real life

DH1875
25-03-2016, 10:33 AM

Nonsense.

One Day Soon
25-03-2016, 10:42 AM
Once again another absolutely reeking Yamtastic thread

Brooster
25-03-2016, 10:54 AM

No....he's talking through his erkie.

GreenLake
25-03-2016, 11:03 AM
Of course it is.

Like finding Hen's teeth.

Correcto.
Nice jewellery but nae knickers

I am failing to see why this is a bad thing.

J-C
25-03-2016, 11:16 AM
Our debt, remember, was at £18m at one point.

At one point the club's debt was in excess of £18m. The car park and the above players were sold, probably bringing in a total of around £20m which, for argument's sake, brings us to +£2m. Then deduct the £9-10m or so spent on EM & the new East stand and we're at minus £7-8m plus (or minus) losses made some seasons.

It's very much fag packet stuff but I don't see any mystery.

Cheers, didn't realise we were running at such a high loss at that time, all understood now. :aok:

TheFall
25-03-2016, 11:35 AM
Great wind up well not really it has been spotted by a few:confused:

No wind up.

Waxy
25-03-2016, 11:55 AM
Wax on wax off

TheFall
25-03-2016, 12:27 PM

Not at all.
You can only have so many vacuous threads about how bad Oxley is, laughing at Hearts stadium etc.
Quite a few folk didn't realise our debt was as high £18 million. Accordingly some thought the transfer money had been squandered. Petrie has done a great job to get that sorted out and that should be acknowledged.

I'm not happy we are in the championship, I'm not happy there is a real risk we won't finish second this season, I wasn't happy about most of the recent managerial appointments and the blame for those lies squarely at Rod Petries door. You can generally work out where we should be based on attendances because that dictates the amount of money you have to spend. Based on that we should always be well behind Celtic and Rangers but competing with Aberdeen and Hearts for 3rd place so I agree we have performed really really badly to be in our present position.

I thought the appointment of Terry Butcher was decent along with his scout at Inverness who had found lots of good players for him in the lower leagues down south. We all know now it was a disaster but I wouldn't have predicted the scale of it. Equally I wouldn't have predicted that players signed who were good performers at previous clubs would be so poor e.g. Owen Tudor Jones.

I am happy now that we are on the right path.
I am happy with the quality of 9 of our players which is far more than at any time since the Scott Brown etc era. We need a few quality additions and importantly more depth to cope with hard match schedules, injuries and suspensions.
I am happy that Leanne Dempster has taken over the tasks that Rod Petrie was weak at (recruitment and communication).
All we have to do is get out of this damn league.

Keith_M
25-03-2016, 12:31 PM

Me too, if I'm being completely honest. :greengrin You had the greater courage of your convictions to post it though.... :wink:

:agree:

TheFall
25-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Like finding Hen's teeth.
Especially with our budget

I am failing to see why this is a bad thing.
:greengrin
Okay I will change it to all icing and no cake

SON OF PADDY
25-03-2016, 12:42 PM
Not at all.
You can only have so many vacuous threads about how bad Oxley is, laughing at Hearts stadium etc.
Quite a few folk didn't realise our debt was as high £18 million. Accordingly some thought the transfer money had been squandered. Petrie has done a great job to get that sorted out and that should be acknowledged.

I'm not happy we are in the championship, I'm not happy there is a real risk we won't finish second this season, I wasn't happy about most of the recent managerial appointments and the blame for those lies squarely at Rod Petries door. You can generally work out where we should be based on attendances because that dictates the amount of money you have to spend. Based on that we should always be well behind Celtic and Rangers but competing with Aberdeen and Hearts for 3rd place so I agree we have performed really really badly to be in our present position.

I thought the appointment of Terry Butcher was decent along with his scout at Inverness who had found lots of good players for him in the lower leagues down south. We all know now it was a disaster but I wouldn't have predicted the scale of it. Equally I wouldn't have predicted that players signed who were good performers at previous clubs would be so poor e.g. Owen Tudor Jones.

I am happy now that we are on the right path.
I am happy with the quality of 9 of our players which is far more than at any time since the Scott Brown etc era. We need a few quality additions and importantly more depth to cope with hard match schedules, injuries and suspensions.
I am happy that Leanne Dempster has taken over the tasks that Rod Petrie was weak at (recruitment and communication).
All we have to do is get out of this damn league.

Well said my fellow hibby,in total agreement with you.

TheFall
25-03-2016, 12:50 PM
Well said my fellow hibby,in total agreement with you.

Thank you fellow 56 year old and fellow Hibee.
1960 was a very good year,
a very good year for celebral guys

Lucius Apuleius
25-03-2016, 01:45 PM

Really?

FranckSuzy
25-03-2016, 02:16 PM
Really?

Maybe only cerebral folk know the score :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
25-03-2016, 02:19 PM

Oh the irony.... :cb

TheFall
25-03-2016, 02:29 PM
Oh the irony.... :cb

Okay, insane in the membrane

silverhibee
25-03-2016, 02:48 PM
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-the-countdown-has-begun-tick-tock.png

TheFall
25-03-2016, 02:58 PM
This thread will never make 50 pages :confused:

blackpoolhibs
25-03-2016, 03:27 PM
It's easy to stick the boot in once things don't work out.

I had no idea who they were going to appoint, they would always pull someone out a hat that we'd no real idea they were after, Butcher apart.

It makes diddly squat difference who i want or didnt want, i was not paid the salary he was getting to make those decisions. Yet when you look at each one individually, you have to think where was the plan, where was the continuation plan.

We went from McLeish to Sauzee the fans choice, so where was the thinking behind that? 60 odd days later, its Williamson, Mr negative then to Mowbray a man hell bent on attractive attacking football, then through a number of managers who's philosophy was tight negative lets not lose first managers.

I put more thought into what colour socks go with what colour shoes i'm wearing each day.

Hermit Crab
25-03-2016, 08:00 PM
A lot of subtle accusations being handed out here. Can nothing controversial be debated on here without the yam slurs being dished out?

Hibernia&Alba
25-03-2016, 08:12 PM
A lot of subtle accusations being handed out here. Can nothing controversial be debated on here without the yam slurs being dished out?

He sits next to you at Tynie :na na:

Seriously, though, HC is right. The OP may or may not be a Yam, but I don't think what he's said warrants the accusations. Sometimes they're so blatant, they'd be as well just posting 5-1 and leaving. We mustn't be in the habit of accusing new members of Maroonic behaviour, as it will put people off contributing. If he's a Jambo, he'll blow his cover sooner rather than later.

Now, you won't let me down, The Fall - right?

NAE NOOKIE
25-03-2016, 08:25 PM

I was born in 1960 too

Not a personal pop at you, but the person who made up the phrase 'with great age comes great wisdom' was probably the same one who made up the myth that women have intuition.

In my 56 years I have found little evidence to support either theory http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/helmet%20smiley.gif

Oh ............ and its 'cerebral' mate:greengrin

FranckSuzy
25-03-2016, 08:28 PM
I was born in 1960 too

Not a personal pop at you, but the person who made up the phrase 'with great age comes great wisdom' was probably the same one who made up the myth that women have intuition.

In my 56 years I have found little evidence to support either theory http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/helmet%20smiley.gif

I knew you were going to post that :tee hee:

NAE NOOKIE
25-03-2016, 08:41 PM
I knew you were going to post that :tee hee:

I'm nothing if not predictable FS :wink:

I have had 2 marriages and one long term relationship ( current ) and worked in a mainly female environment for 36 years ..... my best friend of 30 odd years is female. I know whereof I speak :greengrin

This is not a claim to understand women by the way ....... even I'm not that mental:confused:

The Green Goblin
25-03-2016, 08:57 PM

Fair enough HC. And you're right. :agree: But if you dish it out etc. etc.:

Cue the site Billy Broons.

Some Hibs fans are however, much more deluded than Broon and others are an embarrassment to the generally decent folk that support the club.

There are lots of people on here with interesting views but there are also a number of paranoid polarized Billy Broons

TheFall
25-03-2016, 09:02 PM
He sits next to you at Tynie :na na:

Seriously, though, HC is right. The OP may or may not be a Yam, but I don't think what he's said warrants the accusations. Sometimes they're so blatant, they'd be as well just posting 5-1 and leaving. We mustn't be in the habit of accusing new members of Maroonic behaviour, as it will put people off contributing. If he's a Jambo, he'll blow his cover sooner rather than later.

Now, you won't let me down, The Fall - right?

Not sure how anything I have written could be considered yammish.
One poster was giving me a hard time about calling people on here paranoid Billy Broons. Point proved.

My posts in this thread are positive, the thrust of which are that I believe we are ahead of the curve with all the expensive infrastructure in place and ready to become the third team in Scotland
Of course Celtic and Rangers will always be in our way because of the level of funding large crowds and European football provides but given the misery of the last few years I would settle for that meantime.
A lot hangs on us getting promoted this season. An additional 1200 season ticket sales next season would service the yearly debt repayment on it's own and leave a proportion of the existing season ticket holders money to be spent on team improvement including keeping the likes of Hanlon.

The futures so bright you will need to wear shades:flag:

JimBHibees
25-03-2016, 09:12 PM

Yep place is hooching.

TheFall
25-03-2016, 09:15 PM
Fair enough HC. And you're right. :agree: But if you dish it out etc. etc.:

I've got no problem with you coming back at me.
It's only an exchange of words and viewpoints

TheFall
25-03-2016, 09:21 PM
Yep place is hooching.

Alex Edwards would be embarrassed by your paranoia :hibees

Mr White
25-03-2016, 09:26 PM

I'd be amazed if alex Edwards gives a flying **** about the pish being spouted on .net

blackpoolhibs
25-03-2016, 09:29 PM
I'd be amazed if alex Edwards gives a flying **** about the pish being spouted on .net

He's a Dumfermline fan., :agree:

TheFall
25-03-2016, 10:19 PM
I was born in 1960 too

Oh ............ and its 'cerebral' mate:greengrin

Bah, I wanted to be board pedant :greengrin

and you live in my hometown!

JimBHibees
25-03-2016, 10:39 PM

Well you wouldn't know about how the forum used to be having just registered a month ago but it used to be very good. The sheer multitude of for want of a better term absolute nonsense threads mostly hugely negative about the club or players makes it hugely tiresome at present.

Pete
25-03-2016, 10:57 PM
Well you wouldn't know about how the forum used to be having just registered a month ago but it used to be very good. The sheer multitude of for want of a better term absolute nonsense threads mostly hugely negative about the club or players makes it hugely tiresome at present.

When people used to join they were very mindful of their surroundings but now they are in the door two minutes before they become very opinionated, negative or argumentative.

Before one of the peoples champions butts in..."it's just my opinyun"

green day
25-03-2016, 11:03 PM
Not sure how anything I have written could be considered yammish:

Because you clearly are one - or a troll.......

FranckSuzy
25-03-2016, 11:05 PM

:faf:

The Green Goblin
25-03-2016, 11:18 PM
This is a popular thread. 58+ guests alone looking at it right now. Fantastic! :aok:

It's great to see such spirited debate taking place on the forum.

FranckSuzy
25-03-2016, 11:21 PM
This is a popular thread. 58+ guests alone looking at it right now. Fantastic! :aok:

It's great to see such spirited debate taking place on the forum.

:agree: and just think of all the advertising revenue it's generating, most of which will be donated to Hibs. Good effort :thumbsup:

The Green Goblin
25-03-2016, 11:22 PM
:agree: and just think of all the advertising revenue it's generating, most of which will be donated to Hibs. Good effort :thumbsup:

:agree: I love this forum and I love Hibs. Best club in the world.

Ringothedog
25-03-2016, 11:29 PM
One poster was giving me a hard time about calling people on here paranoid Billy Broons. Point proved.

My posts in this thread are positive, the thrust of which are that I believe we are ahead of the curve with all the expensive infrastructure in place and ready to become the third team in Scotland
Of course Celtic and Rangers will always be in our way because of the level of funding large crowds and European football provides but given the misery of the last few years I would settle for that meantime.
A lot hangs on us getting promoted this season. An additional 1200 season ticket sales next season would service the yearly debt repayment on it's own and leave a proportion of the existing season ticket holders money to be spent on team improvement including keeping the likes of Hanlon.

I have never wanted to be third best in anything, why would I want my football club to be third.seriously give me an effing break.

Thecat23
25-03-2016, 11:40 PM

'Billy Broons'

This board gets stranger every day! Have you posted here before under another username by any chance??

The Green Goblin
25-03-2016, 11:47 PM
'Billy Broons'

This board gets stranger every day! Have you posted here before under another username by any chance??

This forum has a "global" audience, so I suppose it's possible. :dunno: Before this forum was upgraded in 2002, I had a different username too.

TheFall
26-03-2016, 12:37 AM

and 70 years old

Mibbes Aye
26-03-2016, 12:42 AM
I had no idea who they were going to appoint, they would always pull someone out a hat that we'd no real idea they were after, Butcher apart.

It makes diddly squat difference who i want or didnt want, i was not paid the salary he was getting to make those decisions. Yet when you look at each one individually, you have to think where was the plan, where was the continuation plan.

We went from McLeish to Sauzee the fans choice, so where was the thinking behind that? 60 odd days later, its Williamson, Mr negative then to Mowbray a man hell bent on attractive attacking football, then through a number of managers who's philosophy was tight negative lets not lose first managers.

I put more thought into what colour socks go with what colour shoes i'm wearing each day.

Yet you choose the luxury of sitting behind an anonymous username, at your keyboard, slagging off someone in public for the choices they made.

You don't know where the club was at when it appointed the people it did.

You don't know the other options and why they weren't taken.

How easy to have the benefit of hindsight and be 100% correct.

And how lazy.

You want the right to slag off the club for taking decisions but don't want to accept the responsibility that they might get it wrong.

Keep matching your socks to your shoes, if someone criticised your choice on social media I'm sure you would suck it up :wink:

TheFall
26-03-2016, 12:43 AM
I have never wanted to be third best in anything, why would I want my football club to be third.seriously give me an effing break.

I would be delighted to hear your strategy for Hibs to consistently be Scotland's top team on a budget supplied by home attendances of 12,000. Bring it on.

TheFall
26-03-2016, 12:47 AM
Because you clearly are one - or a troll.......

I give up :cb

Doh :greengrin

TheFall
26-03-2016, 01:01 AM
Ahhhhhh!

TheFall
26-03-2016, 01:13 AM

Always happy to help generate our wonderful club an extra few quid :na na:

TheFall
26-03-2016, 01:33 AM
'Billy Broons'

No. But have looked at it many times as a visitor.

Even travelled to Hampden on a Hibs.net bus to both the last Hibs v Celtic cup final and last seasons semi final with Falkirk.
Travelled on a different bus to the Ross County Cup Final.
Same fricken outcome!

On the up side I now know your buses are not responsible for the lack of success.

On the downside I now think it might be down to me!

Pete
26-03-2016, 02:22 AM
no. But have looked at it many times as a visitor.

Even travelled to hampden on a hibs.net bus to both the last hibs v celtic cup final and last seasons semi final with falkirk.
Travelled on a different bus to the ross county cup final.
same fricken outcome!

On the up side i now know your buses are not responsible for the lack of success.

On the downside i now think it might be down to me!

You just can't help it, can you? :rolleyes:

Why did you leave it so long to join if you were travelling on the sites buses in 2013 and have been looking in as a visitor?

You can put the people who think you are at it in their place by letting us know what site member got you the tickets for your buses to Hampden . :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
26-03-2016, 02:38 AM
could 'The Fall' possibly become 'The Fallen'

One Day Soon
26-03-2016, 08:03 AM

Yup, third best is classic Rover driving yellow cardigan grille badge polishing Jambottler mentality. A bit like Mita won the league but were just Kidding themselves on.

blackpoolhibs
26-03-2016, 08:59 AM
Yet you choose the luxury of sitting behind an anonymous username, at your keyboard, slagging off someone in public for the choices they made.

Plenty of people know me on this board, perhaps we should use our real names like you have.......

You don't know where the club was at when it appointed the people it did.

You don't know the other options and why they weren't taken.

How easy to have the benefit of hindsight and be 100% correct.

Which is what a messageboard is all about, especially when you have the facts out there.

And how lazy.

Yip i am lazy.

You want the right to slag off the club for taking decisions but don't want to accept the responsibility that they might get it wrong.

I reserve the right to an opinion on a public messageboard, especially when that opinion shows the man who appointed all these managers had no real plan, no real football plan.

Keep matching your socks to your shoes, if someone criticised your choice on social media I'm sure you would suck it up :wink:

Today i have no socks on, they wouldn't go with my slippers. :wink:

3pm
26-03-2016, 09:31 AM
Today i have no socks on, they wouldn't go with my slippers. :wink:

Wise move Mike.

sleeping giant
26-03-2016, 10:04 AM

Careful now :greengrin

Ronniekirk
26-03-2016, 10:13 AM
That must of been some fine you had to pay green grin

Eyrie
26-03-2016, 10:36 AM
That must of been some fine you had to pay green grin

He's lucky he's not American (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35899697) ...

silverhibee
26-03-2016, 05:09 PM
You just can't help it, can you? :rolleyes:

Why did you leave it so long to join if you were travelling on the sites buses in 2013 and have been looking in as a visitor?

You can put the people who think you are at it in their place by letting us know what site member got you the tickets for your buses to Hampden . :aok:

Who are you. :thumbsup:

Turkish Green
26-03-2016, 07:21 PM
You would have thought we would have kicked on many years a go when all this was in place, and never mind 3rd place in 3 years time we could have been playing Barca in the next round of the CL by now.

But all is fine now, the future is bright as we sit 3rd in the lower leagues.

The fall ends here.

All clubs suffered to different degrees when the Setanta deal collapsed. We've had clubs going into administration and apparently into liquidation. Hibs have been luckier than most.

I am not a RP supporter but I can see that his frugality has kept the club on a readonable finacial footing. The trouble for me is that I cannot see any viable alternative to more of the same.

Pete
28-03-2016, 05:15 AM
Who are you. :thumbsup:

Who am I?

The one who asks awkward, unanswerable questions by the looks of it. :wink: