PDA

View Full Version : The next phase of Easter Road re-development

Hibernia&Alba
24-03-2016, 02:36 PM
Ideal scenario, and looking ahead to when we're back in the big time with bigger crowds, including Europe (well, we can dream :greengrin) I'd love to see the corners filled in at ER, giving an enclosed bowl effect to the stadium. If that pipe dream were done:
a, How much would it cost?
b, What would capacity then be?

ER is a cracking stadium now. It's amazing to think it's been completely re-built in the past twenty years. When I went to my first game in the late 1980s, it was a dump really, like almost every other Scottish ground. Ibrox had been re-built by then, was all seater, and was miles ahead of every other Scottish stadium. Nothing of that ER now remains, and only Ibrox and Parkhead are better.

What else would you like to see change at the stadium? Be as modest or fanciful as you like :greengrin

Since90+2
24-03-2016, 02:43 PM
This was asked previously and I said it would be great to have a "Fanzone" area in the space behind the East similar to what they have in alot of European grounds. Would they be allowed to sell alcohol as its not inside the ground?

If you done that with some tunes and maybe past games , or live matches , on big screens with some scran it would be class.

GreenLake
24-03-2016, 02:47 PM
Ideal scenario, and looking ahead to when we're back in the big time with bigger crowds, including Europe (well, we can dream :greengrin) I'd love to see the corners filled in at ER, giving an enclosed bowl effect to the stadium. If that pipe dream were done:

ER is a cracking stadium now. It's amazing to think it's been completely re-built in the past twenty years. When I went to my first game in the late 1980s, it was a dump really, like almost every other Scottish ground. Ibrox had been re-built by then, was all seater, and was miles ahead of every other Scottish stadium. Nothing of that ER now remains, and only Ibrox and Parkhead are better.

What else would you like to see change at the stadium? Be as modest or fanciful as you like :greengrin

That would be cool for noise and a bigger capacity but might be result in a new name for the stadium when it gets foggy. The Souper Bowl.

TheFall
24-03-2016, 02:58 PM
Getting good numbers of fans into the south stand, a gated hoarding between south and west stand to stop the wind and give an enclosed look, a permanent television structure between the west and north stands to give an enclosed look.
The last 2 would cost buttons. Getting lots of fans for the south will be more difficult.

MWHIBBIES
24-03-2016, 03:03 PM
Utterly pointless right and for a long time to come. We need to get back up and start being consistently top 4/5 before we consider this and even then I don't think it would be worth it, I don't see Hibs getting that many consistently for it to work out financially.

silverhibee
24-03-2016, 03:07 PM
Where does the helicopter pad fit in to all of this.

Bostonhibby
24-03-2016, 03:14 PM
I think petrie buried this one when he knew there was interest because he only has a microlight. Not really fair on fans who want to land their helicopters.

The yams will have to have a couple of helipads now[emoji1]

Hibernia&Alba
24-03-2016, 03:17 PM
There is a need for more club branding on the outside and inside of the stands.

CropleyWasGod
24-03-2016, 03:21 PM
There is a need for more club branding on the outside and inside of the stands.

In case people don't know where they are? :greengrin

truehibernian
24-03-2016, 03:22 PM

Easy SH, first things first - seats in the West Stand installed with chocolate Freddo dispensers first buddy - you know the drill !

Ronniekirk
24-03-2016, 03:24 PM
We now need to focus on getting promotedAnything else can wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
24-03-2016, 03:27 PM
In case people don't know where they are? :greengrin

That may apply to a few :greengrin, but more to proudly display the stadium to the fullest. :flag:

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-03-2016, 03:28 PM
Tin hat on time :wink:

I think the East Stand should be reduced in height and the corners filled in to produce maximum atmosphere, also a sign in the bottom tier of the Famous Five saying no folding of arms please.

:agree: :wink:

le bill
24-03-2016, 03:53 PM
Easy SH, first things first - seats in the West Stand installed with chocolate Freddo dispensers first buddy - you know the drill !

A "Prawn Cocktail" Vending machine (in my opinion) is much higher priority than any "chocolate based dispensing" in the WEST :wink:

Bishop Hibee
24-03-2016, 03:54 PM
Full size indoor pitch at East Mains before we do anything else to the stadium.

Hibernia&Alba
24-03-2016, 03:56 PM

That's a good shout, BH.

easty
24-03-2016, 03:58 PM

As long as they're back at 10p each :agree:

Waxy
24-03-2016, 04:10 PM
Like to see the North east corner filled in with a safe standing section. That would be awesome.

Smartie
24-03-2016, 04:18 PM
I don't think we should give Petrie any ideas that there are any other real estate projects out there that we could piss money away on.

We don't even get close to filling our current White Elephant anything like often enough as it is.

Every penny and every ounce of our effort should be put into getting our FOOTBALL club back to the level at which it belongs.

Anyone who wants a helipad or sexswing can get one at home.

It's not as if our ground is like Tynecastle - what we already have is more than good enough for our current needs.

GordonHFC
24-03-2016, 04:27 PM
As long as they're back at 10p each :agree:

And season ticket holders get first go at two for the price of one. We deserve it dont you know.

3pm
24-03-2016, 04:30 PM
We have 9 annual payments of £500K to make and we get about 9000.

Reckon this can wait!! :o)

snedzuk
24-03-2016, 04:36 PM
A "Prawn Cocktail" Vending machine (in my opinion) is much higher priority than any "chocolate based dispensing" in the WEST :wink:

From a West ST holder, I am not having a prawn cocktail machine replace our caviar ones - no siree

LaMotta
24-03-2016, 04:56 PM
Tin hat on time :wink:

I think the East Stand should be reduced in height and the corners filled in to produce maximum atmosphere, also a sign in the bottom tier of the Famous Five saying no folding of arms please.

:agree: :wink:

Agreed..that is what the ground should have been like!

ruthven_raiders
24-03-2016, 05:02 PM

Yup....that would be the next spend after promotional and consistent top 4.......anything else can only happen with success on the pitch, tho putting in screens to make Easter Road a summer venue for gigs might be worth it. Tho a hybrid pitch might be needed.....

scoopyboy
24-03-2016, 05:08 PM
Utterly pointless right and for a long time to come. We need to get back up and start being consistently top 4/5 before we consider this and even then I don't think it would be worth it, I don't see Hibs getting that many consistently for it to work out financially.

Funnily enough I heard talk of two corners getting filled in quite recently.

The south east was one and cant remember if the other was north east or the south west.

Only logic I could think of was to make the away end bigger to get more tin from Celtic, hearts and Rangers fans.

Not so sure I believe it though.

djs69
24-03-2016, 05:10 PM
Our biggest average attendance over last 20 years is approx 15k max , no chance of it ever needed I'm afraid

NAE NOOKIE
24-03-2016, 05:28 PM
Nobody was suggesting that changes to ER are a priority including the OP .... but there's nothing wrong with passing a few moments when there's nothing better to do musing about it.

There is no chance Hibs will ever fill the corners with seats ..... as I've posted on other threads I would fill the East/South and West/FF corners with big screens like at Ibrox. I would fill the South/West gap with something like 'behind the goals' for away fans, built above the entrance to the stadium for service and emergency vehicles.

The FF/East gap I would either fill with an hotel or a purpose built Hibs supporters club gifted to them on condition it is never used for any other purposes and reverts to club property if the HSA cant maintain it.

To finish I would extend the roofs of the FF and South to meet the other stands and probably the roof of the East by a few yards as well.

10 million quid and Bobs yer uncle :greengrin

Waxy
24-03-2016, 05:51 PM
As the population of Edinburgh keeps on rising, who knows what football attendances will be like in 25 years. Whats our record attendance?

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-03-2016, 05:53 PM

That was left for the grass to grow over it after Jim Duffy landed on it.

cabbageandribs1875
24-03-2016, 06:04 PM
As the population of Edinburgh keeps on rising, who knows what football attendances will be like in 25 years. Whats our record attendance?

65,860, tincastles is 58k+ (or 400,000+)

Waxy
24-03-2016, 06:27 PM

Exactly

eastterrace
24-03-2016, 07:20 PM
I would like padded seat instead of those plastic crap in the west stand

The Harp
24-03-2016, 07:43 PM

The Yams' official record attendance is 53,396 for a cup game in 1932 against the old Rangers.
Firhill has held more, having had an attendance of 54,728 for a Scotland v England international in 1928. So historically, Tynecastle is 5th in terms of Scottish record attendances (outwith Hampden) TWO places behind Easter Road.

Pete
24-03-2016, 07:49 PM
The Yams' official record attendance is 53,396 for a cup game in 1932 against the old Rangers.
Firhill has held more, having had an attendance of 54,728 for a Scotland v England international in 1928. So historically, Tynecastle is 5th in terms of Scottish record attendances (outwith Hampden) TWO places behind Easter Road.

To be fair it's still a decent crowd. Back then the grounds were full of rival teams fans as they just went along to whoever was playing at home that week. Half day on a Saturday, nowt else to do in the afternoon so it's straight to the football.

Giro Playboy
24-03-2016, 07:49 PM
We have 10'000 empty seats every game so god forbid we are saddled with even more. Just leave the corners as they are.

Hibernia&Alba
24-03-2016, 07:54 PM

Oh aye, and would you like your padded seat heated for winter matches, and with a complimentary tartan blanket for when it's truly Baltic? :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
24-03-2016, 07:55 PM
Nobody was suggesting that changes to ER are a priority including the OP .... but there's nothing wrong with passing a few moments when there's nothing better to do musing about it.

:agree:

But we can dream. When I win the Euro lottery, you're gonna see changes. :na na:

3pm
24-03-2016, 07:58 PM
:agree:

But we can dream. When I win the Euro lottery, you're gonna see changes. :na na:

Reconstruction I hope. It's our only hope. Allegedly.

Feed McGraw
24-03-2016, 08:31 PM
65,860, tincastles is 58k+ (or 400,000+) Of course you are correct and there are 400,000 sparryheids ready and waiting to fill any new cesspit they build, but wrong about their record which is actually 52,000 + - another reason for their obsessive jealousy of all things Hibs.

Hibernia&Alba
24-03-2016, 08:39 PM
Of course you are correct and there are 400,000 sparryheids ready and waiting to fill any new cesspit they build, but wrong about their record which is actually 52,000 + - another reason for their obsessive jealousy of all things Hibs.

That's PLEASING :agree:

Hibernia&Alba
24-03-2016, 09:19 PM
I think a retractable roof might be good, considering the Scottish winter. What do you think? :greengrin

.Sean.
24-03-2016, 09:22 PM
Something to fill the gaps between the West and the two stands behind the goals would be decent, even some cladding and would cost relative pennies. Could even try and get a sponsor to foot the bill.

cabbageandribs1875
24-03-2016, 09:26 PM

Of course you are correct and there are 400,000 sparryheids ready and waiting to fill any new cesspit they build, but wrong about their record which is actually 52,000 + - another reason for their obsessive jealousy of all things Hibs.

c'mon guys lets get this right eh :greengrin for over 40 years i've thought ours was 65k+ and hertz 58k+, everyday's a school day :agree:

The Harp
24-03-2016, 09:45 PM
c'mon guys lets get this right eh :greengrin for over 40 years i've thought ours was 65k+ and hertz 58k+, everyday's a school day :agree:

Ach, these figures ain't really relevant now anyway, they're from a different era entirely. It's just one in the eye for the Yams wi' their obsession wi size.

Hibernia&Alba
24-03-2016, 09:48 PM
Ach, these figures ain't really relevant now anyway, they're from a different era entirely. It's just one in the eye for the Yams wi' their obsession wi size.

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M82afc2f0099a4146c02560f945e95924o1&w=172&h=264&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0 (https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Frankie+Howerd&view=detailv2&&id=45210148931D996ECEBDB89E6EC1919505017775&selectedIndex=1&ccid=gq%2fC8Ama&simid=608025502982342089&thid=OIP.M82afc2f0099a4146c02560f945e95924o1)

GreenCastle
24-03-2016, 09:51 PM
The current and future best stadium in Edinburgh needs to fix the sound system in the East.

More Hibs branding / signage also.

We need to focus on getting this team promoted and attendances will then increase and we will see the stadium busier on match days.

A supports bar like the behind the goals but more casual would go down very well also.

silverhibee
24-03-2016, 09:59 PM
The current and future best stadium in Edinburgh needs to fix the sound system in the East.

We need to focus on getting this team promoted and attendances will then increase and we will see the stadium busier on match days.

A supports bar like the behind the goals but more casual would go down very well also.

Like the Mash Tun, nice and casual :tee hee:

NAE NOOKIE
24-03-2016, 10:01 PM
We have 10'000 empty seats every game so god forbid we are saddled with even more. Just leave the corners as they are.

It doesn't have to be seats ....... go on, use yer imagination :rolleyes:

Michael
24-03-2016, 10:04 PM
Stadium is already too big really...when it was 17.5K it was more or less the perfect capacity for us.

silverhibee
24-03-2016, 10:35 PM
I predict a 3G pitch if we are in this league next season. :panic:

TheFall
24-03-2016, 10:50 PM

yeah the current sound system is total pish

California-Hibs
24-03-2016, 10:52 PM

I do reporting for the San Jose Earthquakes here in California. (MLS team) and I couldn't believe my first match experience - whole stadium (18,000) with padded seats and cup holders. It's superb and folk would be delighted with this kind of set up at Easter Road.

Problem I guess is though that we have a large number of idiots in Scotland who love to vandalize and have a big lack of respect. The cost id imagine would be considerably more to replace a padded seat than plastic.

Waxy
24-03-2016, 10:59 PM
Everyones obsessed with empty seats these days. Back in the early Eighties we had a huge ground capable of holding 65000 but we were getting gates around 5000. Never ever heard anyone moan about the 60000 spare standing spaces.

Nicho87
24-03-2016, 11:19 PM
Would fill the corners in at east and west side to famous five and leave the away end exposes. Us v them

cabbageandribs1875
24-03-2016, 11:22 PM

quite scary there was even plans for a 100,000k capacity ER (iirc)

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-03-2016, 11:31 PM
Wish we would just tidy the place up a bit. The Famous Five stand in particular is looking really tatty. The silver tubing stuff above the entrance to BTG is shocking. It's been bashed to bits for years now and never fixed. That's the entrance often used for functions etc. Above the club store is a mess as well. These should be simple, regular tidy ups instead of being allowed to build up for years.
Would love to see the corners filled in with something. Some good ideas on here. Far better than just empty space at either end of the West like at present

Colr
25-03-2016, 04:30 AM

I'd like to see a new trophy cabinet with some cups in it.

Yorkshire HFC
25-03-2016, 06:46 AM
Everyones obsessed with empty seats these days. Back in the early Eighties we had a huge ground capable of holding 65000 but we were getting gates around 5000. Never ever heard anyone moan about the 60000 spare standing spaces.

No internet in these days - everyone's a critic now.

Let's develop a team that can get into the SPL before thinking about anything else.

.Sean.
25-03-2016, 07:51 AM
Wish we would just tidy the place up a bit. The Famous Five stand in particular is looking really tatty. The silver tubing stuff above the entrance to BTG is shocking. It's been bashed to bits for years now and never fixed. That's the entrance often used for functions etc. Above the club store is a mess as well. These should be simple, regular tidy ups instead of being allowed to build up for years.
Would love to see the corners filled in with something. Some good ideas on here. Far better than just empty space at either end of the West like at present
The stadium in general is looking a bit tatty and could do with minor maintenance here and there :agree:

Keith_M
25-03-2016, 08:11 AM
The girders on the FF and South Stands have an outline of the old flying saucer badge built in to them.

We really should replace them all with the latest badge and put thoughts of promotion on hold until that embarasment is dealt with first.

Waxy
25-03-2016, 08:14 AM
Why cant we have padded ortheothingy seats in the east, like the "important" people have in the middle of the west?

Keith_M
25-03-2016, 11:20 AM
Why cant we have padded ortheothingy seats in the east, like the "important" people have in the middle of the west?

Because the people in the East aren't important enough?

:dunno:

:greengrin

Keith_M
25-03-2016, 11:27 AM
I vote we knock down the East and replace it with something like this

(http://www.stadionwelt.de/sw_stadien/index.php?folder=sites&site=stadionfotos_detail&id=212&ordner=gegen&page=1)

allezsauzee
25-03-2016, 11:30 AM
How about a sun roof like they have in the old stand at Tincastle?

TheFall
25-03-2016, 11:44 AM

because people actually sit in the seats in the East so they would get worn oot

NAE NOOKIE
25-03-2016, 12:21 PM
I vote we knock down the East and replace it with something like this

(http://www.stadionwelt.de/sw_stadien/index.php?folder=sites&site=stadionfotos_detail&id=212&ordner=gegen&page=1)

That looks ok ..... but they need to fill the corners in :greengrin

Keith_M
25-03-2016, 12:28 PM
That looks ok ..... but they need to fill the corners in :greengrin

True, true.

NAE NOOKIE
25-03-2016, 12:35 PM

That's true ..... it must have been bashed not that long after the stand was opened, must have been something really big to make such a big dent so high up. To be fair you can only see the roof of the club store from inside BTG ..... but you are right, it could do with a tidy up.

What the roof of the club store really needs is some decking and a door into BTG so that I can have a fag without having to go down 3 flights of stairs :greengrin

GreenCastle
25-03-2016, 12:44 PM
Have been saying for years they need to add some sort of signage which lights up on the main stand / FF or South - ideally something visible from a distance / Arthur Seat etc.

Would also be an idea to name the East, West and South stands.

NAE NOOKIE
25-03-2016, 12:55 PM
Have been saying for years they need to add some sort of signage which lights up on the main stand / FF or South - ideally something visible from a distance / Arthur Seat etc.

:agree: ..... I was up Calton Hill a few months ago ( During the day http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/tsk%20tsk.gif ) and you can clearly see the whole stadium from up there. How cool would it be if we had a big 'HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB neon sign on top of the west stand.

Thousands of tourists go up there and it might make a few of them curious to pay us a visit :aok:

WhileTheChief..
26-03-2016, 08:57 AM
Big TV in the West/FF corner, safe standing in FF/East with normal seating filling in the other 2.

Kinda remember some chat saying that an extra tier could be put on top of the west if required. There was talk of this if Scotland ever hosted the Euros or whatever. Capacity could go to approx 30k.

Keith_M
26-03-2016, 09:26 AM

How about the East is renamed to the Petrie Stand?

:duck:

CropleyWasGod
26-03-2016, 10:15 AM

You mean cheap?
Or one that refuses to be blown away when all kinds of stuff gets chucked at it?
Or one that can look the other way when things are going badly?

Discuss. ....[emoji48]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
26-03-2016, 11:10 AM

It will be named after the manager who wins us the Scottish cup ............ hell, rename the whole stadium after him :greengrin

Delboy4
26-03-2016, 11:58 AM

That's not going to happen as we are going to be leasing part of Heriot Watt along with Hearts, SFA and SRU.
Didn't know until last week that there has been a massive building project which is going to be the biggest complex in the uk.

Seemingly out of this world..!

Aldo
26-03-2016, 12:04 PM
Our FIFA Grade 2 Stadium (the only one in Scotland out with the Grade 1's in Glasgow is looking fine IMHO!

20k plus and our own training facilities.

Unlike others in Scottish football!

I am very proud of our Stadium!

jgl07
26-03-2016, 12:15 PM
Big TV in the West/FF corner, safe standing in FF/East with normal seating filling in the other 2.

Kinda remember some chat saying that an extra tier could be put on top of the west if required. There was talk of this if Scotland ever hosted the Euros or whatever. Capacity could go to approx 30k.
That was Petrie's 'Raise the Roof' idea.

blackpoolhibs
26-03-2016, 12:42 PM
That was Petrie's 'Raise the Roof' idea.

How's his 5 year plan going? :rolleyes:

Keith_M
26-03-2016, 01:10 PM
How's his 5 year plan going? :rolleyes:

I hope that's not the name of the plan to get promoted!

:paranoid:

NAE NOOKIE
26-03-2016, 01:14 PM
That's not going to happen as we are going to be leasing part of Heriot Watt along with Hearts, SFA and SRU.
Didn't know until last week that there has been a massive building project which is going to be the biggest complex in the uk.

Why the hell would you spend 5 million quid on a training centre and whatever it costs a year to run it and then rent somewhere else ?

Ronniekirk
26-03-2016, 01:52 PM
[QUOTE=Aldo;4630702]Our FIFA Grade 2 Stadium (the only one in Scotland out with the Grade 1's in Glasgow is looking fine IMHO!

20k plus and our own training facilities.

Unlike others in Scottish football!

I am very proud of our Stadium![/

Says you Armchair fan

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160326/8ffa5044bf9ebcb1a781a0d9824381f5.jpg

Aldo
26-03-2016, 01:59 PM
Mmmmm!!

Turkish Green
26-03-2016, 02:08 PM
Like a full stadium for each fixture, like what they broadcast at the PBS, before filling in the corners.

Delboy4
26-03-2016, 02:18 PM
Why the hell would you spend 5 million quid on a training centre and whatever it costs a year to run it and then rent somewhere else ?

That's what I thought as well. Probably because it will have a full size pitch for training in the winter?

ruthven_raiders
26-03-2016, 02:52 PM
That's what I thought as well. Probably because it will have a full size pitch for training in the winter?

Any team can rent the facilities. Suppose hibs will want to occasionally have a full sized indoor pitch to train on during bad weather, no need for us to be wasting money on one at East Mains.

Delboy4
26-03-2016, 03:10 PM
Any team can rent the facilities. Suppose hibs will want to occasionally have a full sized indoor pitch to train on during bad weather, no need for us to be wasting money on one at East Mains.

They've seemingly signed up to have a certain amount of time. The SFA, SRU and Hearts will have offices there but I'm not sure if Hibs will.

ruthven_raiders
26-03-2016, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=Delboy4;4630785]They've seemingly signed up to have a certain amount of time. The SFA, SRU and Hearts will have offices there but I'm not sure if Hibs will

Don't suppose we will need offices there when we have East Mains, makes perfect sense to use this when it's in Edinburgh and easy to get to for all players

Alfred E Newman
26-03-2016, 04:24 PM

No doubt Hawrts will be claiming this facility as theirs.

itslegaltender
26-03-2016, 04:43 PM
The pitch at the edges is really tatty. Patches of grass growing on the edges and the touch line is not neat and tidy.

Sort it out Petrie!!!!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-03-2016, 05:19 PM
I think the stadium capacity should be increased to trump the new look tincastle by +1. :nerd:

Shore Thing
26-03-2016, 05:25 PM
I think the stadium capacity should be increased to trump the new look tincastle by +1. :nerd:

Or reduced to give the same effect :cb

Callum7
26-03-2016, 05:44 PM
If we were filling the corners of ER it would be quite a long process. First we would need to buy some land so that we are able to fill the rest of the FF and South, second we would need to take away some seats from west and bring the roof back (optional), after that we would need to actually build the corners and lastly I don't know how the FF and South will connect onto the east because of the two tiers. All shown below in a diagram I made.http://i63.tinypic.com/szu55k.png

Hibernia&Alba
26-03-2016, 05:48 PM
If we were filling the corners of ER it would be quite a long process. First we would need to buy some land so that we are able to fill the rest of the FF and South, second we would need to take away some seats from west and bring the roof back (optional), after that we would need to actually build the corners and lastly I don't know how the FF and South will connect onto the east because of the two tiers. All shown below in a diagram I made.http://i63.tinypic.com/szu55k.png

Minor details :greengrin. It looks great, though. What's the capacity? :cb

Callum7
26-03-2016, 05:49 PM
Minor details :greengrin. It looks great, though. What's the capacity? :cb

More than 20,421

Hibernia&Alba
26-03-2016, 05:55 PM
More than 20,421

It makes a huge difference when there's an enclosed stadium rather than four separate stands, IMO. Perhaps 1500-2000 each corner? Never going to happen, but it would terrific.

cabbageandribs1875
26-03-2016, 06:01 PM
i've wondered for a while now whos cars are parked in that wee bit where the ticket pod is between East and FF, i assume that's the clubs property ? knock it down and fill in that corner :)

Pete
26-03-2016, 06:20 PM
A 28000-30000 seat stadium is just what the country needs to host semi finals and some cup finals. Filling the corners in would produce one of those in the capital city. I don't think it would negatively effect the atmosphere either for games with 10,000 fans etc...

Nice idea but I don't think we can afford it. The SFA/SPFL would have to chip in I suppose...come on guys you need a 30000 stadium so let us help you. :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-03-2016, 06:24 PM
I'm sure it's far more expensive to build corners as opposed to actual stands because of the curvature. Is that the case? Another reason-along with our attendances-that it won't happen unfortunately. Would look amazing

silverhibee
26-03-2016, 06:29 PM
i've wondered for a while now whos cars are parked in that wee bit where the ticket pod is between East and FF, i assume that's the clubs property ? knock it down and fill in that corner :)

Players and players family use that bit for parking.

Keith_M
26-03-2016, 06:34 PM
If we were filling the corners of ER it would be quite a long process. First we would need to buy some land so that we are able to fill the rest of the FF and South, second we would need to take away some seats from west and bring the roof back (optional), after that we would need to actually build the corners and lastly I don't know how the FF and South will connect onto the east because of the two tiers. All shown below in a diagram I made..........

There's also the minor problem that there are roads and building in both corners. You would need to purchase and knock down the buildings, negotiate with the council about rebuilding the roads then pay for the new roads.

As another poster has mentioned, it's also more expensive (cost per seat) to build corners of a stadium. Oh and add in the fact that we can hardly even half fill the ground as it is.

Apart from that, it's a smashing idea :wink:

Hibernia&Alba
26-03-2016, 06:35 PM
A 28000-30000 seat stadium is just what the country needs to host semi finals and some cup finals. Filling the corners in would produce one of those in the capital city. I don't think it would negatively effect the atmosphere either for games with 10,000 fans etc...

Nice idea but I don't think we can afford it. The SFA/SPFL would have to chip in I suppose...come on guys you need a 30000 stadium so let us help you. :greengrin

That's actually a good shout. Hampden is often too big, same goes for Ibrox and Celtic Park. If you had the likes of Hearts/Aberdeen/ the Dundee clubs in semi-finals, a 25-30k stadium would be perfect for atmosphere and travel, and there isn't a stadium that can offer that just now.

cabbageandribs1875
26-03-2016, 06:44 PM

ah righty :(

Callum7
26-03-2016, 06:49 PM
There's also the minor problem that there are roads and building in both corners. You would need to purchase and knock down the buildings, negotiate with the council about rebuilding the roads then pay for the new roads.

As another poster has mentioned, it's also more expensive (cost per seat) to build corners of a stadium. Oh and add in the fact that we can hardly even half fill the ground as it is.

FF side : buy some flats, knock them down, move the road.
south side : buy a building, knock it down, no need to move road it's a dead end.

problem solved

silverhibee
26-03-2016, 07:05 PM
ah righty :(

Very handy. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
26-03-2016, 07:36 PM

**** them. They can park round the corner or get the bus.

PatHead
26-03-2016, 09:46 PM
Should build a property that could be let out in that carpark for players. Council Offices or a Doctors surgery. That would provide us with a regular income above football income and fill in a corner.

monktonharp
26-03-2016, 10:31 PM
I don't think we should give Petrie any ideas that there are any other real estate projects out there that we could piss money away on.

We don't even get close to filling our current White Elephant anything like often enough as it is.

Every penny and every ounce of our effort should be put into getting our FOOTBALL club back to the level at which it belongs.

Anyone who wants a helipad or sexswing can get one at home.

It's not as if our ground is like Tynecastle - what we already have is more than good enough for our current needs.OK I I get your point, I think. but, can we blame Petrie for the current attendances? possibly because we spent money on the ground, rather than the team. should he have made it fit for 14/15000? that would be silly imho. the ground had to be made up to standard and I for 1 am glad it is. I saw huge crowds there, 35k against Leeds, almost 40k when Celtic won the league there, and 30+ against the gorgie mob, on any normal game against them. In the modern football day in Scotland, we have one of the best stadiums, and yet I'd love to see a bit of filling in, with regards to the corners etc. why not? let 5k in at the opposing end, make money. let another few thousand in at the home end, at big games. We have had a couple of very good turnouts over the season. the cup replay was given as 19k but most know it was more. what's the problem with extending it a bit and filling a couple of corners?:confused:

JennaFletcher
26-03-2016, 10:33 PM
If a G&T bar in every stand is out of the question :greengrin then I would just like some hot water in the toilets! :aok:

Hibernia&Alba
26-03-2016, 11:13 PM
Some things could be done with little expense which would look good -

Some white seats in the East to spell out the club name
Big harp (not an actual harp) on top of the west
Big TV screen somewhere
Improve the loudspeaker system
Lick of green paint here and there

Bob's yer uncle

monktonharp
26-03-2016, 11:14 PM

aye, negotiating with the council seems to be a real problem. other clubs have had that in the city of Edin.:rolleyes:dont know how building seats in a corner, suddenly becomes a real problem if the stands were designed to accommodate the coupling of all the stands.HFC own the ticket office, naw/ or is it council owned like gorgie? Let's simplify. Knock down the ticket office, built that end into the west/ff .Incorporate the ticket office into the new part building, or is that too simple?

silverhibee
26-03-2016, 11:22 PM
**** them. They can park round the corner or get the bus.

Totally agree.

NAE NOOKIE
26-03-2016, 11:30 PM

Jeezo ..... Its a good mock up mate, but I just don't get why folk are so taken with filling the corners with seats. As I said on another post .. big screens enclosed like at Ibrox in the West/FF and East/South corners could be done without Hibs having to buy any land. Buildings filling the FF/East and South/West corners. That gets rid of the gaps ... extend the FF and South roofs to meet the West and East stand roofs and you end up with a fully enclosed stadium at a fraction of the cost of turning the stadium into a copy of the Riverside or King Power stadiums.

Hibernia&Alba
26-03-2016, 11:35 PM
Jeezo ..... Its a good mock up mate, but I just don't get why folk are so taken with filling the corners with seats. As I said on another post .. big screens enclosed like at Ibrox in the West/FF and East/South corners could be done without Hibs having to buy any land. Buildings filling the FF/East and South/West corners. That gets rid of the gaps ... extend the FF and South roofs to meet the West and East stand roofs and you end up with a fully enclosed stadium at a fraction of the cost of turning the stadium into a copy of the Riverside or King Power stadiums.

You've convinced me :greengrin

Plus a few other suggestions mentioned, I'll compromise :wink:

WhileTheChief..
27-03-2016, 12:50 AM
More seats means more money. Anything else just adds costs.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-03-2016, 08:59 AM
A team performing to a level where the only real guarantee of getting in to the ground is a season ticket would provide the revenue to do whatever. Not so much team first and then the ground to match, but just team first.

judas
27-03-2016, 07:02 PM
I'd like to see an extra tier on all the stands and the corners filled in. Extra capacity 10k min.

Perhaps we could build a 5* hotel and hell, maybe a small airport too.

Investment in the actual team should be secondary.

Hibernia&Alba
27-03-2016, 07:12 PM
I'd like to see an extra tier on all the stands and the corners filled in. Extra capacity 10k min.

Why does it have to be either or? Let's go with your plan and spend millions we don't have on the team. It's called cheating and it worked for Rangers and Hearts. Bump the taxman, take ten points off and it's happy days :aok:

Archie70
27-03-2016, 07:51 PM
At the moment they have filled the corners in with advertising hoarding about half way up. They apparently can't do it all the way up as it would be a hazard in strong winds.
However for an absolute minimal cost they could take they same sort of netting up that they use on scaffolding, they usually have advertising or a photo of the building underneath.
We could have the club crest or photos of ex-players.

We should also have the club name along the top of the east stand, similar to Newcastle.

Renfrew_Hibby
27-03-2016, 08:11 PM
Was googling some stadiums and came across Anderlecht's stadium. Its of similar size to ours but has all 4 corners filled in (26,000 capacity).
What's interesting about this stadium is that one of the corners is just like our north-west and southeast corners in that its been designed to fit in with the road running outside.
It shows what we could have, they have done a very good job of it, rows of executive boxes stacked on top of each other by the looks of it but it could simply be just video screens or something else for us.
Canny post a link but just look it up at world stadiums.com

monktonharp
27-03-2016, 08:39 PM
That's what I thought as well. Probably because it will have a full size pitch for training in the winter?thought this thread was more or less about stadiums?we have a modern training centre, so much so that it has impressed fans, players and potential players over the years. the gorgie mob don't own such., they allegedly hire one, owned by a charity called Heriot Watt University. they did not pay rent, for a number of years, and it is still in some doubt as to the fscts that they are paying rent as we speak.

doddsy
27-03-2016, 08:47 PM
thought this thread was more or less about stadiums?we have a modern training centre, so much so that it has impressed fans, players and potential players over the years. the gorgie mob don't own such., they allegedly hire one, owned by a charity called Heriot Watt University. they did not pay rent, for a number of years, and it is still in some doubt as to the fscts that they are paying rent as we speak.

It has alway's irked me that the Yams have had the run of the Heriot Watt Uni facilities. The Uni fell sharply in my estimation not that they would bother too much about that the barstewards.:confused:

monktonharp
27-03-2016, 08:56 PM
At the moment they have filled the corners in with advertising hoarding about half way up. They apparently can't do it all the way up as it would be a hazard in strong winds.
However for an absolute minimal cost they could take they same sort of netting up that they use on scaffolding, they usually have advertising or a photo of the building underneath.
We could have the club crest or photos of ex-players.

We should also have the club name along the top of the east stand, similar to Newcastle.Aye, you've got to consider strong winds. let the wind blaw in through the gaps and equalise the ambient pressures from the street and the playing surface, thats the answer.I have a smallish trampoline with netting in the back gairden for my wee grandaughter. It keeps getting blown over if windy. I cant do anything about it because I cant fill in the ends of the blocks surrounding our hoose so I know where the club is coming from:rolleyes:

doddsy
27-03-2016, 09:05 PM

Seems to me you've played Playstation Football Manager extensively and have found Stadium improvements eat into the budget significantly so hard choices have to be made. Money on improving team v stadium? Does'nt grow on trees does it?

NAE NOOKIE
27-03-2016, 10:06 PM

This would never work. The flats and houses around the stadium would object because of the loss of light and we would never need the extra capacity.

We are probably too far from the city centre for a 5 star hotel to be viable and where on earth would we put an airport .... I presume you mean a small heliport :dunno:

I disagree with your point about the team, we have already suffered enough doing that ... the stadium should only be upgraded if it wont affect the team.

Hibernia&Alba
27-03-2016, 10:19 PM
This would never work. The flats and houses around the stadium would object because of the loss of light and we would never need the extra capacity.

We are probably too far from the city centre for a 5 star hotel to be viable and where on earth would we put an airport .... I presume you mean a small heliport :dunno:

I disagree with your point about the team, we have already suffered enough doing that ... the stadium should only be upgraded if it wont affect the team.

I have a feeling Judas was being sarcastic, NN :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
27-03-2016, 11:12 PM
I have a feeling Judas was being sarcastic, NN :greengrin

I know mate, annoying isn't it :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
28-03-2016, 09:14 AM
Was googling some stadiums and came across Anderlecht's stadium. Its of similar size to ours but has all 4 corners filled in (26,000 capacity).
What's interesting about this stadium is that one of the corners is just like our north-west and southeast corners in that its been designed to fit in with the road running outside.
It shows what we could have, they have done a very good job of it, rows of executive boxes stacked on top of each other by the looks of it but it could simply be just video screens or something else for us.
http://footballtripper.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/stade-constant-vanden-stock-aerial.jpg

It looks like there are press or hospitality boxes in that corner.

Ozyhibby
28-03-2016, 10:43 AM
We obviously don't need anymore seats in the stadium. An income producing hotel in the corner between the FF and the East would be a great solution for closing of that corner. If it could be leased out to a big operator, the club could be looking at an extra £1m every year.

Peevemor
28-03-2016, 10:46 AM
We obviously don't need anymore seats in the stadium. An income producing hotel in the corner between the FF and the East would be a great solution for closing of that corner. If it could be leased out to a big operator, the club could be looking at an extra £1m every year.

I'm not sure that it's an ideal location for a hotel.

NAE NOOKIE
28-03-2016, 11:08 AM

I've been saying this for ages Ozy but never seem to get much enthusiasm for it. Edinburgh has the 2nd highest hotel room occupancy rate in the whole of Europe ... we are 10 minutes from the city centre and the Scottish parliament, we have views over the Forth on one side and the interior of the stadium on the other.

You could fit a fair sized building in that space and do it at no cost to the club. If we entered into the right kind of arrangement with a hotel chain we could turn a useless hole in the ground into a money spinner.

Ozyhibby
28-03-2016, 11:17 AM

It's in Edinburgh, which means it's a great location for a hotel.

Since90+2
28-03-2016, 11:21 AM
A hotel at ER would be a white elephant. Its not the correct location and despite what alot of people think Hotels are expensive to run , and construct , and the GP is generally low (or not at all in some instances).

Keith_M
28-03-2016, 12:00 PM
More seats means more money. Anything else just adds costs.

More empty seats doesn't, though.

NAE NOOKIE
28-03-2016, 12:13 PM
A hotel at ER would be a white elephant. Its not the correct location and despite what alot of people think Hotels are expensive to run , and construct , and the GP is generally low (or not at all in some instances).

The whole point is that Hibs wouldn't be running it, just taking a rent for the land its on ........ correct me if I'm wrong but we pay £25,000 per annum to rent our own ticket office.

The hotel trade might be a bit hit or miss, but of all the places in the UK or Europe to take a punt on one Edinburgh probably tops the list ...... have you ever tried to book a room between June and September?

During the quieter winter months I'm sure empty rooms could be sold at a discount to out of town Hibbies as part of a matchday package ... game in the afternoon, uptown and a show in the evening .... I know that's something I would be interested in.

I just don't get the wrong location argument when you can get to the city centre by bus in 15 minutes and 10 by taxi ........ I don't know about you, but if my partner told me she had booked us a mini break in one of Europe's most beautiful and historic cities and 'by the way the hotel is part of a football stadium 15 minutes from all the sights' I would be bloody well made up.

If you just mean coz its next to Lochend geeza break, its not exactly south central LA .... and besides the punters would be heading in the other direction when they went for a wander. :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
28-03-2016, 12:41 PM

i remember a few years after we played at the Anderlecht stadium there was an article in the evening news saying that hibs were possibly going to use the Anderlecht stadium design for our own new look stands, think the club must have changed their minds :greengrin

Tha Cabbage Kid
28-03-2016, 12:45 PM
Our biggest average attendance over last 20 years is approx 15k max , no chance of it ever needed I'm afraid
I agree I think we should consider making the stadium bigger once we start getting a consistent 18/19 k a game

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
28-03-2016, 12:47 PM
I agree I think we should consider making the stadium bigger once we start getting a consistent 18/19 k a game

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Or when we win the Champions league, whichever comes first :greengrin

Turkish Green
28-03-2016, 12:47 PM
I just don't get the wrong location argument when you can get to the city centre by bus in 15 minutes and 10 by taxi ........ I don't know about you, but if my partner told me she had booked us a mini break in one of Europe's most beautiful and historic cities and 'by the way the hotel is part of a football stadium 15 minutes from all the sights' I would be bloody well made up.

Due to currently living/working abroad I make quite a few visits to the city and stay in hotels in the centre when I do. I much rather stay in a city centre hotel (High Street, Grassmarket, etc.) and take a taxi (or bus or walk) to ER on a match day than vice versa. Maybe it is just me but apart from ER itself there is little to tempt me to stay in the area.

Since90+2
28-03-2016, 12:56 PM
The whole point is that Hibs wouldn't be running it, just taking a rent for the land its on ........ correct me if I'm wrong but we pay £25,000 per annum to rent our own ticket office.

The hotel trade might be a bit hit or miss, but of all the places in the UK or Europe to take a punt on one Edinburgh probably tops the list ...... have you ever tried to book a room between June and September?

During the quieter winter months I'm sure empty rooms could be sold at a discount to out of town Hibbies as part of a matchday package ... game in the afternoon, uptown and a show in the evening .... I know that's something I would be interested in.

If you just mean coz its next to Lochend geeza break, its not exactly south central LA .... and besides the punters would be heading in the other direction when they went for a wander. :greengrin

A big proportion of hotels business midweek is corporate and in order to get the big contracts you need an attractive location. A hotel based at ER would likely sit empty most of the during the week and the rate would need to be very low on order to attract any business it did get.

I could be wrong, but from my experience of management roles in Edinburgh hotels it would struggle.

Keith_M
28-03-2016, 01:25 PM
A big proportion of hotels business midweek is corporate and in order to get the big contracts you need an attractive location. A hotel based at ER would likely sit empty most of the during the week and the rate would need to be very low on order to attract any business it did get.

I could be wrong, but from my experience of management roles in Edinburgh hotels it would struggle.

It would have a lovely view of the cemetery.

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2016, 01:31 PM
I'd be willing to come out of retirement to run any hotel built on the grounds of the stadium.

People still pay in cash for their room right? :wink:

Keith_M
28-03-2016, 01:35 PM
I'd be willing to come out of retirement to run any hotel built on the grounds of the stadium.

People still pay in cash for their room right? :wink:

Only if there's 'extras' involved

:wink:

Ozyhibby
28-03-2016, 01:44 PM
It doesn't have to be a hotel, it could be student accommodation, office block etc.
There are lots of hotels outside the city centre. There is a premier inn on willowbrae road, a holiday inn at the bottom of North Junction street, premier inn at Newhaven and the Pilton Hilton at Crewe toll.
Edinburgh hotels do well all year round.

raeburnhibs
28-03-2016, 02:00 PM
Kilmarnock fc anyone? and, I recently stayed at Beckton Premier Inn for business in London, miles and miles from anything of note. It was full of tourists who want to pay Premier Inn style prices and didn't mind a 20 minute commute to the sites

Since90+2
28-03-2016, 02:07 PM
Edinburgh hotels do well all year round.

Depends how you define "well".

I've worked in some hotels in the city that have struggled to break 50 percent occupancy in certain months of the year. The average rate and revpar also falls through the floor.

Anyway, I am sure the club have looked at the feasibility of such a plan.

McIntosh
28-03-2016, 02:26 PM
Our healthcare village concept is the way a head both in terms of community involvement and turnover.

PatHead
28-03-2016, 02:49 PM

With you on that. As I posted a while ago an alternative such as an office block/gym/health centre/community centre/Tesco Metro type thing or even flats could be built on that site.

If rented out it would create a regular income to the club for a long/long time

Gerard
28-03-2016, 03:51 PM
Edinburgh is seeing several hotel chains build hotels. Premier hotels comes to mind one in York place and two off the canongate If a hotel was built it could be used for player use. It could also be used for commercial use. Edinburgh is a city that is a all round year attraction.

Keith_M
28-03-2016, 04:08 PM
FF side : buy some flats, knock them down, move the road.
south side : buy a building, knock it down, no need to move road it's a dead end.

problem solved

Right enough, it's really simple when you put it like that.

dafthibby
28-03-2016, 05:33 PM
Would be good to have a Travelodge on site for travelling supporters

NAE NOOKIE
28-03-2016, 05:49 PM

Right, you've convinced me.

What about Edinburgh's biggest sauna then .... or is Scorpio leisure too close? :greengrin

Renfrew_Hibby
28-03-2016, 05:53 PM
Kilmarnock fc anyone? and, I recently stayed at Beckton Premier Inn for business in London, miles and miles from anything of note. It was full of tourists who want to pay Premier Inn style prices and didn't mind a 20 minute commute to the sites

We like to travel round the UK visiting various cities and we always stay at travelodges or premier inns, sometimes miles away maybe in an industrial estate, its always far far cheaper than city centre premier inns ect, we don't mind the travel.
In Renfrew where I stay the travel lodge is always busy with people up to see concerts at the Hydro and visit Glasgow, its a fair bit out from the city centre.
A travelodge , like what Norwich City have would be great!

Keith_M
29-03-2016, 06:19 AM
When do we get the Hibs Museum we were promised?

Never mind paying the debt and a decent squad, that has to be the Number1 priority!!

Hibs07p
29-03-2016, 07:35 AM
Not expecting anything like this to be built anytime in my lifetime, but, the corner between North and East would be perfect for something like this. Don't know how it would tie in with HFC owned / Private operator, especially hospitality etc?

http://www.lccc.co.uk/emirates-old-trafford/

We paid the £5 extra at the time, for a balcony looking onto the Old Trafford Cricket pitch, enjoyed the sunshine, watched the groundsmen working away, before / after we went about our leisure persuits. No cricket was being played during our stay. These balconies become hospitality suites during games. I don't know who owns the premises or what tie in to the leisure / cricket sector is, but the premises were full during our June visit. It obviously pays due to close proximity to Man U as well.

GGTTH

NAE NOOKIE
29-03-2016, 06:06 PM
Boavista

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWSy2spzTATtBY5NczXoufaxFgfmNb3 Gy_JJgLJD0fYie-ex8JfQhttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRh05syUQKn1Kkim-4HvO-n-JvNVDWFJhhuFqVbu-ovjEHYev_EiQ

Keith_M
29-03-2016, 06:13 PM
Boavista

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWSy2spzTATtBY5NczXoufaxFgfmNb3 Gy_JJgLJD0fYie-ex8JfQhttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRh05syUQKn1Kkim-4HvO-n-JvNVDWFJhhuFqVbu-ovjEHYev_EiQ

That really looks like Sampdoria's ground

Peevemor
29-03-2016, 06:19 PM
One of the original hand drawn perspectives for the 'new' ER showed an office building in the NE corner - IIRC someone on here had it as either their avatar or signature pic.

NAE NOOKIE
29-03-2016, 06:22 PM
That really looks like Sampdoria's ground

It does, but Sampdoria is bigger

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMnTRLAKWMP9DGeQcZwRVJ5sQqSqID1 eYTjUexOZE-XkqEtjsT8g

Peevemor
29-03-2016, 06:38 PM
One of the original hand drawn perspectives for the 'new' ER showed an office building in the NE corner - IIRC someone on here had it as either their avatar or signature pic.

Found it.