PDA

View Full Version : Promotion not that big a deal

Sejaca
22-03-2016, 08:52 PM
If we cannot pump Championship teams then why are people so desperate for promotion?

The club has come so far from the Butcher era, and in my opinion getting relegated was the best thing to happen to the club - it let us take a step back to reform so that we can return to the Premiership as a threat.

If we cannot dominate at Championship level we will struggle at Premiership level.

I would FAR rather spend another year in the Championship and continue to reform, than scrape a promotion by beating Falkirk or Raith Rovers and have a rough 2016/17 season in the bottom six of the Premiership.

I want to be out of this ***** league as soon as possible just like everyone else, but another year in the Championship might benefit us more in the long run.

GGTTH

SJM
22-03-2016, 08:54 PM
Absolutely mental post.

blackpoolhibs
If we cannot pump Championship teams then why are people so desperate for promotion?

The club has come so far from the Butcher era, and in my opinion getting relegated was the best thing to happen to the club - it let us take a step back to reform so that we can return to the Premiership as a threat.

If we cannot dominate at Championship level we will struggle at Premiership level.

I would FAR rather spend another year in the Championship and continue to reform, than scrape a promotion by beating Falkirk or Raith Rovers and have a rough 2016/17 season in the bottom six of the Premiership.

I want to be out of this ***** league as soon as possible just like everyone else, but another year in the Championship might benefit us more in the long run.

GGTTH

:faf: They are not even trying now.

Haymaker
Sniff sniff

Jonnyboy
22-03-2016, 08:55 PM

GGTTH

Jeez

Gerard
22-03-2016, 08:58 PM
Promotion is not an optional extra. When we are promoted we get apprx another 1 million pound. It will help us keep our better players and attract good players.:wink:

Golden Bear
22-03-2016, 09:00 PM
April 1st has arrived early this year it would seem.

CallumLaidlaw
22-03-2016, 09:00 PM

GGTTH

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Caversham Green
22-03-2016, 09:01 PM
April 1st has arrived early this year it would seem.

The day hasn't but the fools have.

Bostonhibby

GGTTH
It's an odd one right enough, comfortably beat Aberdeen when they were top of the premier league and dumped the team that were third in the same league out the cup. They were a distant third granted.

We've beaten so many premier sides it's probably better to be there.

Winston Ingram
Eh???:confused:

Smartie
22-03-2016, 09:02 PM
Not getting promoted this year would be more damaging to the club than any previous season - including relegation, last season's failure to get promoted, selling the golden generation and failing to replace them, etc etc……..

It's a very big deal and it is nonsense to suggest otherwise.

djs69
22-03-2016, 09:03 PM
SPL is *****, look at hearts, and look at our record against SPL teams, I don't know how much extra income the SPL generates but I'd still accept another year in the championship for the Scottish :-)

Zazu62
22-03-2016, 09:03 PM
Ltyf

surreyhibbie
22-03-2016, 09:05 PM
:faf: They are not even trying now.

Takes all the fun out of yam spotting doesn't it?

:greengrin

jgl07
22-03-2016, 09:05 PM
LTYF. That is the most pathetic wind up attempt for some time.

Hibs record against Premiership teams this season is rather good. P8 W5 D2 L1. All bar Dundee United were at or around the top half of the table when Hibs played them. Aberdeen were top (on 100%), Hearts were third, Ross County fourth, St Johnston fifth, and Inverness around sixth.

So maybe its not such a big deal. Get out if one crap League to get into another crap League? Dundee United were by far the worst team I have seen at Easter Road all season.

hibeemikey21
22-03-2016, 09:06 PM
SPL is *****, look at hearts, and look at our record against SPL teams, I don't know how much extra income the SPL generates but I'd still accept another year in the championship for the Scottish :-)

Kind of in the same boat. Only thing I miss about the top flight are the derbies. Scottish football is broken at present and there is no major incentive from a spectator's point of view to be up there. It's all much of a muchness.

Scouse Hibee
22-03-2016, 09:13 PM

GGTTH

Come out,come out wherever you are.

hibee_nation
22-03-2016, 09:14 PM
I would take another season in championship if we won the cup especially if it was against celtc

Scouse Hibee
22-03-2016, 09:14 PM
Come out,come out wherever you are.

Waxy
22-03-2016, 09:36 PM

GGTTH
Only reason we're strugglin (BB) to go up is we've been extremely unlucky enough to have went down just as Rangers entered the championship.No matter what anyone thinks they are an SPFL side in a lower league and it's us who've suffered for it.

Haymaker
22-03-2016, 09:36 PM
Sniff sniff

Edson Arantes
22-03-2016, 09:39 PM

GGTTH

That's a minimum of two in 16 posts.

You are at it chum.

hibee_nation
22-03-2016, 09:45 PM
The standard in the championship is better than when we were last down. Regardless if we go up we should move to a bigger premier league

silverhibee
22-03-2016, 09:53 PM
Good yin Adam.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-03-2016, 09:56 PM
Hahaha. Poppy thieves.

No shame.

Thecat23
22-03-2016, 10:05 PM

GGTTH

Past few weeks folk have accused other's of being Hearts fans on the wind up. But holy **** you take the biscuit 😂

What a strange bunch of welts you lot are!

NAE NOOKIE
22-03-2016, 10:05 PM

GGTTH

Yer right ...... no point in going up and risk getting pumped by the likes of St Johnstone

Thecat23
22-03-2016, 10:07 PM
He's not even bothered to come back on the *****bag 😂😂

Eyrie
22-03-2016, 10:09 PM
Yer right ...... no point in going up and risk getting pumped by the likes of St Johnstone

It could be even worse - imagine if your team got knocked out of its special relationship cup by a wee team from a lower league.

Well, you and I can only imagine that but the OP knows how it feels.

iwasthere1972
22-03-2016, 10:12 PM

GGTTH

Already my nomination for 'Daftest Post of the Year 2016'

Thecat23
22-03-2016, 10:16 PM
Already my nomination for 'Daftest Post of the Year 2016'

Me too, funny how we performed well enough to knock his team out the Scottish 😎

Ronniekirk
22-03-2016, 10:22 PM
I will day it for Aldo. Grade A Roaster no question about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
22-03-2016, 10:35 PM
I don't like calling new members Yams, as I think there's a danger it makes folk reluctant to say what they think and potentially narrows debate, but sometimes you just shake your head in disbelief. I'm waiting for next Einstein to start a thread advocating relegation to Division One as best for the club, on the basis Hibs would win every game and attendances would rise.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Vmn52dG-o54/TXC4D4taTXI/AAAAAAAAAH4/MDxzvdYuh4M/s1600/facepalm_implied.jpg

LancsHibs
22-03-2016, 10:37 PM
I see he's lurking on the thread browser list. Sniff sniff:na na:

FranckSuzy
22-03-2016, 10:40 PM

GGTTH

I take it you were either in a coma, or Outer Mongolia, when we beat Aberdeen, Dundee Utd., St. Johnstone, The Big Team (after they were 2-0 up at home) and finally ICT (away, on a Wed night, days after a cup final)?

Hi Heid Yin
22-03-2016, 11:29 PM
I think the op is either playing devils advocate or at the wind up.

wee davie
23-03-2016, 12:24 AM

GGTTH
Stay off the drugs m8, if we don't go up do you think there's any chance of any of our half decent players staying?

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk