PDA

View Full Version : No more weekend matches at Easter Road

Cammy
22-03-2016, 01:58 PM
Just had a look at the upcoming fixtures and it seems, with all the re-arranged games, that we have no home fixtures on a Saturday or Sunday until the last game of the season on 30th April against QOS.

I'm sure this will have a big affect on attendances particularly with a lot of kids unable to attend. It's a shame as, despite recent results, I know my 2 kids love going to ER. I guess I'll just have to persuade her indoors that I need to take them to more away games. :greengrin

Onceinawhile
22-03-2016, 02:45 PM
I bought a half season for my son in the North lower thinking we'd get 9 home games that I could take him to. I think, it'll have been three maybe 4.

He's only 5 so night games our out the equation.

Frustrating but still cheaper than the patg option which seems ridiculous.

Thecat23
22-03-2016, 02:49 PM
I bought a half season for my son in the North lower thinking we'd get 9 home games that I could take him to. I think, it'll have been three maybe 4.

He's only 5 so night games our out the equation.

Frustrating but still cheaper than the patg option which seems ridiculous.

Exactly the same for me. My son is also 5 so night games are out because of school. Not sure I'll bother getting him one next season!

Smartie
22-03-2016, 02:56 PM
I think you've just got to view a season ticket as a donation to the club these days rather than offering value or giving you much in return.

There can't be many people who have the flexibility in their lives in order to be able to make every match that we play in.

It is unfortunately looking like a luxury that I'm not really going to be able to afford from next season.

Onceinawhile
22-03-2016, 04:05 PM
Exactly the same for me. My son is also 5 so night games are out because of school. Not sure I'll bother getting him one next season!

It still worked out as better value for us (3 games being £36) but a season ticket being 25, but I was hoping to get into a routine of going and it's been impossible.

Stoney Hibee
23-03-2016, 03:01 AM
I think you've just got to view a season ticket as a donation to the club these days rather than offering value or giving you much in return.

There can't be many people who have the flexibility in their lives in order to be able to make every match that we play in.

It is unfortunately looking like a luxury that I'm not really going to be able to afford from next season.

Totally agree with this. For me living in Aberdeen, midweek games are difficult and will involve a minimum of half a days holiday and being like a zombie the following day.you can justify that once in a while, but when it is 4 times in a month it becomes difficult. Those with season tickets do have to realise that it is no longer working out to be the cheapest way to watch your team.

G B Young
23-03-2016, 09:11 AM
It also means the two remaining Hibs Kids days this season are night matches, which will rule a lot of people out. The five-match package for £15 is great value, but it entails an adult buying a match ticket in order to accompany their child - and if the child is too young to go to night matches the club will likely lose out on the adult ticket too. Not the club's fault that the cup runs and TV rescheduling have affected things, but for the Hibs Kids days it might be worth having them all earlier in the season when fixtures tend not to be tampered with so much.

Gatecrasher
23-03-2016, 12:38 PM

I agree to an extent but since January we will have had a total of 4 weekend games at ER out of 9 come end of the season, that's beyond what's expected. I would give 2 or 3 games an exception over that part of the year but 5 is out of order IMO.

Marco G
23-03-2016, 04:18 PM
I agree to an extent but since January we will have had a total of 4 weekend games at ER out of 9 come end of the season, that's beyond what's expected. I would give 2 or 3 games an exception over that part of the year but 5 is out of order IMO. Part of the "problem" is our excellent cup runs using up weekend slots! Added to that, for international weekends Championship fixtures are still scheduled, so there are some more gone! I am missing a few rearranged midweek home games but am not giving up on my ST but agree it's not great.

hibsbollah
23-03-2016, 07:54 PM
It's mad we have four midweek games under the floodlights in consecutive weeks just in April! You can't beat an evening KO, I'm looking forward to it.

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2016, 08:02 AM
It's mad we have four midweek games under the floodlights in consecutive weeks just in April! You can't beat an evening KO, I'm looking forward to it.

There is something magical about an evening game under lights, but crowds do dip for them. Parents might not take their kids and folk that live a distance away may not be able to make it in time.

All in all it does devalue a season ticket. :boo hoo: