PDA

View Full Version : Prediction Time: Will it be tears of joy or sadness?

theonlywayisup
22-03-2016, 01:16 PM
So, we've got a wee break to re-group. We've hit a rocky road, but will the season end on a high or a low?

There's no right or wrong answer! You can be at your "happy clapping" or "bedwetting" best or worst!

Will Cummings put his miss at Raith behind him a score a hat-trick every game? Will Oxley save all penalties in the cup final, to be the hero? Will the Hibs build us up, only to lose the final two games of the season.

There's no right or wrong answer!

mutley
22-03-2016, 01:24 PM
I had to go with win SC and win Play offy. Now in all honesty I think we will win at least one of them, but there is so much negativity around here just now, I thought I'd try and put some positivity back in.

Diclonius
22-03-2016, 01:26 PM
Given what I've witnessed over the last ten or so years, I think the script is set for more of the same. We'll get to the final of the Scottish Cup, but a comfortable win for Rangers in the final will follow a limp defeat to Falkirk in the playoff semi-final.

Really hope I'm proved wrong as I would much rather see us actually do something than eat humble pie.

high bee
22-03-2016, 01:28 PM
Got to love the vote for failing to get into the play offs, Morton are 17 behind with 18 available, QOS are 18 behind with 21 available, St Mirren are 21 behind with 21 available

SJM
22-03-2016, 01:33 PM
Lose in the Scottish Cup Semi's. Pick ourselves up and win the play-offs.

AL-Qaholik
22-03-2016, 01:40 PM
Went for fail on both counts as, whatever I predict, we inevitably do the bleedin' opposite...

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2016, 01:43 PM
History tells us we invent new ways most years how to fail, its Stubbs turn this time and i'm not confident.

Did not answer as i have no idea how this ends.

Mango Man
22-03-2016, 01:44 PM
We will do what we normally do, sadly.

Basically, whatever is the worst thing that can happen to the fans, will happen.

When did we last finish a season strongly?

SlickShoes
22-03-2016, 01:53 PM
Hope for the best but expect the worst.

Zazu62
22-03-2016, 02:25 PM
We have good players, Cummings,stokes,Bartley,Henderson,McGinn,mcgeouch,
Fyvie.. It's our defence I worry about the full backs and the keeper are too soft IMHO

JeMeSouviens
22-03-2016, 02:32 PM
I think we've just run out of steam. We might get through the play offs but I wouldn't put any money on it. Much more likely if we lose the semi.

Anyway, what's the injury situation? Any latest news on Fyvie, McGeouch and especially Hanlon?

Dalianwanda
22-03-2016, 02:38 PM
Think we will succeed in the play offs...my guess is we will win the semi and come up short in the final

Edson Arantes
22-03-2016, 03:02 PM
We'll get past United and probably lose the final.

Play-offs? Recent form suggests a loss. Step up in form and there's every chance. :thumbsup:

GGTTH :flag:

HibsNutter
22-03-2016, 03:16 PM
Fail to get into the play-offs? Our form may be poor, but we are 17 points clear of fifth placed MORTON and have two games in hand on them, with them having eight games left. If we fail to finish fourth we may as well pack it in all together.

FWIW I'm still confident after the break we can come back refreshed, find our early season form again and win the play-offs. I expect that we can beat Dundee United and get to the final of the Scottish Cup, which we will not be expected to win so we have nothing to lose.

Onion
22-03-2016, 03:19 PM
All the Hibs teams that have won anything meaningful have had top quality players in the key positions and one or more strong leaders on the park. That applies to the 72, 91, 07 and Red Lex's promotion winning side.

What we have at present is an iffy keeper, pretty weak defence, good bunch of young midfielders, 2 good, misfiring goal scorers and very few natural leaders. Sorry, but just don't see this team as our first SC Winners in 114 years or good enough to battle through the PO cup finals.

Hibernia&Alba
22-03-2016, 03:36 PM
Hope for the best but expect the worst.

I think you've summed up life as a Hibs fan right there. We've had so much end of season pain since 2012, I've come to expect it. You never know, maybe, just maybe, we'll have something to celebrate this time, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high this time.

I didn't choose an option; I'm feart tae :greengrin

leggeto
22-03-2016, 04:14 PM
Loads of teams have won silverware while not at their best,hopefully we will be next

southern hibby
22-03-2016, 04:17 PM
Forever an optimist, I'm going for both and I predict it to be a Hibs v The newest team in Scotland final and stokes double.

Also predict Falkirk to come third and get beat in play offs before they meet us.

GGTTH

TheFall
22-03-2016, 04:27 PM
We will lose to Celtic in the Scottish Cup Final.
We will get promoted in the play offs unless we finish 3rd in which case we will beat Raith & Falkirk but run out of steam against the premier leagues 2nd bottom team.

Assessing all factors I do believe we will beat Falkirk in the league and finish second after they drop points elsewhere.

If i could be granted one wish I would readily accept another season in the Championship to finally win the Scottish Cup just to get the monkey of our back once and for all.

Lago
22-03-2016, 04:36 PM
Our season has all the signs of unravelling, unfortunately.

Hermit Crab
22-03-2016, 05:15 PM
5 undercovers have voted for option number 1 :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
22-03-2016, 05:18 PM
i'm a happy clapper compared to the 5 that voted not even getting in to play-off's :greengrin

Waxy
22-03-2016, 05:18 PM
If the football god said to me "You will defo win one but not the other" in a lucky dip, i'd take it.

JeMeSouviens
22-03-2016, 05:28 PM
If the football god said to me "You will defo win one but not the other" in a lucky dip, i'd take it.

Actually so would I. :agree:

Saint Hibee
22-03-2016, 05:32 PM
So, we've got a wee break to re-group. We've hit a rocky road, but will the season end on a high or a low?

There's no right or wrong answer! You can be at your "happy clapping" or "bedwetting" best or worst!

Will Cummings put his miss at Raith behind him a score a hat-trick every game? Will Oxley save all penalties in the cup final, to be the hero? Will the Hibs build us up, only to lose the final two games of the season.

There's no right or wrong answer!

There is a right and wrong answer - we just don't know what it is yet!

frazeHFC
22-03-2016, 06:09 PM
Went for fail on both counts as, whatever I predict, we inevitably do the bleedin' opposite...

Let's hope so!

OtleyHibs
22-03-2016, 06:40 PM
Can't see how to vote on my phone but I really believe we can do both. Hoping we get The Rangers in the final so Henderson and Stokes can play and what better way to make up for messing up the title challenge than taking revenge on them to finally get our hands on the holy grail.

Have thought all season we would go up via the play offs and though we have had a bad run recently I still think we will do it.

greenpaper55
22-03-2016, 06:42 PM
5 undercovers have voted for option number 1 :greengrin

Hands up to making an erse of my vote, it should be 4 undercovers , meant to go for number 3 but never read it properly, can i get another go ?

Michael
22-03-2016, 06:43 PM
And I thought I was pessimistic!!! Who is voting that we fail to reach the play-offs!?

Golden Bear
22-03-2016, 06:44 PM
Why change the habits of a lifetime? We've all been sentenced to a lifetime of misery so bring it on. (no appropriate smiley available from phone)

Hibernia&Alba
22-03-2016, 06:48 PM
And I thought I was pessimistic!!! Who is voting that we fail to reach the play-offs!?

Mr A Yam
Mr J Robertson
Mr A Preston
Mr C Thomson
Mr R Skacel
Mr J Savile
Mr G Glitter

theonlywayisup
22-03-2016, 06:48 PM
There is a right and wrong answer - we just don't know what it is yet!

That's why it's Prediction Time.:greengrin

theonlywayisup
22-03-2016, 06:50 PM
Mmmmmmmmm fail to get into the play-offs, could be because we win the Championship. What else could it be:dunno:

snooky
22-03-2016, 07:11 PM
Que sera sera however, if we're going by previous form, I've had a lot more downers than uppers since the days of the Tornados.

BTW, I think the sorest was the 4-0 defeat by the Jams in the Scottish semi. Zibi! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

eastterrace
22-03-2016, 07:14 PM
Que sera sera however, if we're going by previous form, I've had a lot more downers than uppers since the days of the Tornados. BTW, I think the sorest was the 4-0 defeat by the Jams in the Scottish semi. Zibi! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. must agree that game hurt me more than the other game, zibbie the biggest balloon ever how Mowbray dug him up from just wish we had never signed him

Keith_M
22-03-2016, 08:11 PM
Oh good, my vote is the one in the lead...

Big L
22-03-2016, 08:20 PM
We have good players, Cummings,stokes,Bartley,Henderson,McGinn,mcgeouch,
Fyvie.. It's our defence I worry about the full backs and the keeper are too soft IMHO

I don't worry to much about the defence when Hanlon partners McGregor or if we play a 3 at the back with Fontaine playing central, I think he's to slow in mind and body and I have never trusted Oxley since the first Dumbarton game last season.

Eyrie
22-03-2016, 08:46 PM
I think we'll finish second and get promoted, but lose to Dundee United in the semi.

Hi Heid Yin
23-03-2016, 01:24 PM
I'm surprised to find that only 108 of us have bothered to vote in this thread. I'm curious to know why the overwhelming majority of .netters have not.

marinello59
23-03-2016, 01:25 PM
I'm surprised to find that only 108 of us have bothered to vote in this thread. I'm curious to know why the overwhelming majority of .netters have not.

You could start another poll to find out. :greengrin

Billy Whizz
23-03-2016, 01:29 PM

Can't vote on a mobile phone

ALF TUPPER
23-03-2016, 01:29 PM
win win for me. i must get it right some day :rolleyes:

silverhibee
23-03-2016, 03:06 PM

I can't be arsed predicting something, I will just take it at a game at a time and see where we are at the end of the season.

I'm sure every Hibs fan wants to get promoted and win the cup, that would be the best outcome for us.

But, it's Hibs.

Waxy
23-03-2016, 03:09 PM

Maybe because the outcomes are hard to predict. This is not a bad thing.

Hi Heid Yin
23-03-2016, 05:16 PM
Maybe because the outcomes are hard to predict. This is not a bad thing.

I see my own vote as a nothing more than a gut-feeling indicator at this stage and nothing more. None of us can possibly know how things will turn out.

Hi Heid Yin
23-03-2016, 05:17 PM
You could start another poll to find out. :greengrin

:tee hee:

Hi Heid Yin
23-03-2016, 05:18 PM
I can't be arsed predicting something, I will just take it at a game at a time and see where we are at the end of the season.

I'm sure every Hibs fan wants to get promoted and win the cup, that would be the best outcome for us.

But, it's Hibs.

Fair do's. I see my own vote as nothing more than a gut-feeling indicator at this stage. None of us can possibly know what will actually happen.

IWasThere2016
23-03-2016, 05:34 PM
Why change the habits of a lifetime? We've all been sentenced to a lifetime of misery so bring it on. (no appropriate smiley available from phone)

:agree: Yup, everyone one of us was a baddie in a previous life :greengrin

Had to select "Lose PO and won't win SC" - it is the Hibs way :boo hoo:

Biggie
23-03-2016, 05:36 PM
I've just given us the kiss of death, voted Scottish cup win and promotion....cmon hibs

Pete
23-03-2016, 05:49 PM
:agree: Yup, everyone one of us was a baddie in a previous life :greengrin

Had to select "Lose PO and won't win SC" - it is the Hibs way :boo hoo:

Where's the option for our fans to stop using jambo like phrases like "hibs way"?

Who needs enemies? :hmmm:

Man Down Under
25-03-2016, 06:07 AM
This is hibs, anything can happen. I feel like we are more likely to win the cup than get promoted though, which means the opposite will probably happen.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

mjhibby
25-03-2016, 07:45 AM
No scottish cup but promotion. Only problem I see is we are very likely to win the semi which makes winning promotion a lot harder. Btw would we have hit the buffers if we had lost the cup tie at the pbs. Just a thought.

Waxy
25-03-2016, 08:22 AM
I'd say we have a better than 50/50 chance of reaching the cup final and better than 50/50 for finishing second.Sure the bookies will agree too.

Zazu62
25-03-2016, 08:45 AM
What odds are hibs to get promoted ?

theonlywayisup
26-03-2016, 07:56 PM
What odds are hibs to get promoted ?

Don't know about promotion, but to win the championship it is:

The Huns 1/100
Hibernian 33/1
Falkirk 66/1

Hi Heid Yin
27-03-2016, 12:57 AM
I'm gobsmacked that 9 voted for us not making the playoffs!:confused:
Surely on the wind-up:hmmm:

NAE NOOKIE
27-03-2016, 01:15 AM

Coz after 40 odd years of following Hibs if they are odds on to win they will probably lose and odds on to lose they will probably win ....... When it comes to the dear old Hibees anybody who tries to second guess what they are likely to do hasn't been following them for very long.

I wouldn't try to predict the outcome of a Hibs game, never mind a Hibs season.

lapsedhibee
27-03-2016, 08:20 AM

5-6% can't read well enough to choose? :greengrin

theonlywayisup
27-03-2016, 09:44 AM
I'm gobsmacked that 9 voted for us not making the playoffs!:confused:
Surely on the wind-up:hmmm:

When I decided the options, there was still a chance that we could win the Championship and thus not make the play-offs. Think positive!!:cb

Onion
27-03-2016, 10:03 AM
No scottish cup but promotion. Only problem I see is we are very likely to win the semi which makes winning promotion a lot harder. Btw would we have hit the buffers if we had lost the cup tie at the pbs. Just a thought.

Good question. There's a general assumption that the cup games have scuppered us, but as others have said Hibs need no reason to cock things up all by ourselves. IMO we don't have the luxury of being able to pick and choose what we win and need to grab every opportunity we can. To coast or not put 100% into the SC would be insulting to all the clubs we've beaten 😊. Also, we've a squad that is good enough to win this Cup if only we could get a wee break.

Waxy
27-03-2016, 10:19 AM
Good question. There's a general assumption that the cup games have scuppered us, but as others have said Hibs need no reason to cock things up all by ourselves. IMO we don't have the luxury of being able to pick and choose what we win and need to grab every opportunity we can. To coast or not put 100% into the SC would be insulting to all the clubs we've beaten 😊. Also, we've a squad that is good enough to win this Cup if only we could get a wee break.

A wee break? What like taking the squad to la mingo or where its called? No point in us moaning about cups spoiling our chances in the leagues now. We've came too far to turn back now. If anyone actually thinks we should not bother about the grail then thats just preposterous(is that how it's spelt?) preposterous i say.

Billy McKirdy
27-03-2016, 11:40 AM
Can't get an option to vote on my phone but I predict a cup final appearance and play off final. losing both on current form but a change of fortune could see us win promotion but I still can't see us winning the cup.

cabbageandribs1875
28-03-2016, 01:32 AM
Que sera sera however, if we're going by previous form, I've had a lot more downers than uppers since the days of the Tornados.

BTW, I think the sorest was the 4-0 defeat by the Jams in the Scottish semi. Zibi! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

must agree that game hurt me more than the other game, zibbie the biggest balloon ever how Mowbray dug him up from just wish we had never signed him

aye, and what did Mr Mowbray leave us with as a (surprise) going away present ?.............******* extension for the clown, which iirc took several months before the club even acknowledged said clown had got an extension to his contract

theonlywayisup
09-04-2016, 05:08 PM
Think I'll change my prediction - went for Win the play-offs but not the Scottish Cup.

I'm struggling to see how we could possibly hope to win over 4 or 6 games, when we are getting beat by the likes of Alloa, Dumbarton and Morton and nearly by Livingston.

I keep thinking "wait this is the team that's beaten Hertz, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, St. Johnstone and ICT, surely we can up our game when it's really needed".

Yet, we can't even beat a team of relegated part-timers (no disrespect meant), when it's getting to crunch time.

Think it's going to be Lose in the play-offs and the Scottish Cup. :boo hoo::boo hoo:

Sir David Gray
09-04-2016, 06:08 PM
We won't win either of them.

I would be shocked if I'm wrong.

theonlywayisup
26-04-2016, 06:56 PM
So the "fail to get into the play-offs" option has gone, but we're still in the mix for promotion and the SC. Any more thoughts on how it's going to pan out?

theonlywayisup
27-05-2016, 06:41 AM
Well only 9 people (less than 5%) got the prediction right. Well done to those who predicted SC glory, though disappointed we didn't win the play-offs too!

Those 9 being:

Bill Milne (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?23442-Bill-Milne),
Cameron1875 (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?15128-Cameron1875),
G B Young (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?32664-G-B-Young),
gazmac (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?13252-gazmac),
muzzando (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?22074-muzzando),
mvteng (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?31207-mvteng),
Off the bar (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?24615-Off-the-bar),
SchaedesBoots (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?32690-SchaedesBoots),
thebausburst (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?929-thebausburst)

Joe6-2
27-05-2016, 06:43 AM
Who are the 9??

theonlywayisup
27-05-2016, 06:53 AM
Who are the 9??

I added them to the post above probably about the same time as you were posting.

Joe6-2
27-05-2016, 07:06 AM
Sorry, and thanks!
Well done guys for your belief!