PDA

View Full Version : John McGinn-- credit

bruno
21-03-2016, 06:26 PM
I'm sure 95% of footballers are the same but John McGinn was an absolute credit to his club himself and his family last night
My son was one of 300 young sports ambassadors at the Roxburgh hotel for an award ceremony.
JM was handing out the awards but spent much of his time after speaking and getting his picture taken. Now to pose for a selfie I guess is second nature to his age group but to chat away with the kids was most appreciated
He was aware of what their role was in school so had obviously prepared well and again that was much appreciated
When it was time to leave there were still almost 100 people looking for a photo and he did each one leaving his mum? waiting as that was his lift home
So in an era when it is easy to criticise those up town for a young man to give up his Sunday night and leaving a lasting impression says a lot for the guy
My son has been a season ticket holder at Tynecastle for 12 years since the age of 5 but he said without hesitation he will be looking out for him when he plays for Scotland and JM definitely has a new fan

bawheid
21-03-2016, 06:28 PM
Good stuff. They don't call him Super for nothing.

Smartie
21-03-2016, 06:45 PM
Great to hear.

I've heard a few people say he's a great lad who goes out of his way to help.

Pete
21-03-2016, 06:49 PM
Nice story. :thumbsup:

Keith_M
21-03-2016, 06:50 PM
I'm sure 95% of footballers are the same but John McGinn was an absolute credit to his club himself and his family last night
My son was one of 300 young sports ambassadors at the Roxburgh hotel for an award ceremony.
JM was handing out the awards but spent much of his time after speaking and getting his picture taken. Now to pose for a selfie I guess is second nature to his age group but to chat away with the kids was most appreciated
He was aware of what their role was in school so had obviously prepared well and again that was much appreciated
When it was time to leave there were still almost 100 people looking for a photo and he did each one leaving his mum? waiting as that was his lift home
So in an era when it is easy to criticise those up town for a young man to give up his Sunday night and leaving a lasting impression says a lot for the guy
My son has been a season ticket holder at Tynecastle for 12 years since the age of 5 but he said without hesitation he will be looking out for him when he plays for Scotland and JM definitely has a new fan

Thanks for sharing that Bruno, much appreicated.

:aok:

Schteff
21-03-2016, 06:50 PM
Great thread, nice of you to post it too! The game needs more young players with the attitude of JMc

Simkin911
21-03-2016, 07:03 PM
My son was a mascot at the recent Hibs v Hearts game. We met a significant number of players after the game. I was very impressed by the way they handled themselves (and represented the club) when meeting the kids & parents.

matty_f
21-03-2016, 07:52 PM
He's better than Zidane.

Billy Whizz
21-03-2016, 07:53 PM
Thanks for sharing Bruno

McD
21-03-2016, 10:06 PM
JM definitely seems to be a genuinely decent young man, went out his way to visit the poorly young lad in hospital a few months ago, and appeared to be genuinely upset when the lad sadly passed away.

A cracking footballer, but more importantly, an excellent young man.

Green Fish
21-03-2016, 10:13 PM
My wee girl was the mascot at Falkirk game where JM was sent off. I spoke to him after the game, he was totally gutted but despite this was fantastic with all the mascots. Great guy!

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
22-03-2016, 05:26 AM
A Wee oasis amongst a maelström of inconsequential energetic waste.
I salute you Bruno!

JimBHibees
22-03-2016, 10:02 AM

Thanks for sharing too much is made of footballers apparent discretions and it is good to hear the other side of the story.

Monts
23-03-2016, 02:33 PM
Good positive story at a time of negativity.

Much appreciated! :aok:

Radium
23-03-2016, 02:50 PM
He is at the development match today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk