PDA

View Full Version : 16,925 - hearts 'official' attendance from Saturday

Hibs90
21-03-2016, 12:24 PM
This is about them yes but that was the official attendance giving out on Saturday. I seen this picture on Facebook earlier. Does that look like 16,000 to you? Does it ****. More proof that their attendance figures are complete lies. Just wanted to mention this.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-03-2016, 12:29 PM
Do they include the rats that infest the condemned shed in their figures?

SJM
21-03-2016, 12:31 PM
What do they gain by lying?

Scottie
21-03-2016, 12:34 PM
We are getting more like that shower of **** every day with some poster's obsession with the gimps.

Personally i couldn't give a flying **** about their attendances or Brokeback or anything to do with them.

F&&K the Hearts. :giruy2:

Toldo123
21-03-2016, 12:38 PM
There was certainly a lot less than that with 15 minutes to go !!

Geo_1875
21-03-2016, 12:38 PM
I assume they only gave St Johnstone half the stand and apparently only 450 turned up. With seats unavailable for segregation and every home seat filled the figure of 16,925 would be reasonably accurate. I do know a few ST holders who don't go to every game but they will be counted in attendances. Maybe they lend them to fellow puddle-drinkers.

Alfred E Newman
21-03-2016, 12:43 PM
Is it not just a case of manufacturing a higher attendance than Hibs v St Johnstone?

Captain Trips
21-03-2016, 12:44 PM
People say on here they are obsessed with us as well. F%%% them and their attendance.

NAE NOOKIE
21-03-2016, 12:46 PM
I wish all 400,000 of the puddle drinkers had been there to watch them get pumped :greengrin

Waxy
21-03-2016, 12:50 PM
16,925 Watching hearts whilst thinking about Hibs.

LithgaeHibby
21-03-2016, 01:00 PM
Here's the difference: we sell out the derby replay and then tell the truth about the attendance on the night. All 20,500 tickets were sold and then a few people must have been unable to come for whatever reason, so the official attendance was given as 19k or whatever it was.

greenginger
21-03-2016, 01:00 PM

Maybe it satisfies their long standing Big Team delusion.

Maybe they get more money out of their advertisers with bigger crowds or will use the fake figures when selling ad. space for next season. They're Yams remember.

The figure is 16,295 according to BBC not 16,925, but still a good few thousand more went through the Gorgie turnstiles on Saturday.

Hermit Crab
21-03-2016, 01:23 PM
Lets leave it to the Hearts fans to empty their nuts in their underpants over attendance figures.

Hibernia&Alba
21-03-2016, 01:25 PM
Do they have season ticket holders not turning up who are still counted in the figures?

stantonhibby
21-03-2016, 01:26 PM
Here's the difference: we sell out the derby replay and then tell the truth about the attendance on the night. All 20,500 tickets were sold and then a few people must have been unable to come for whatever reason, so the official attendance was given as 19k or whatever it was.

Maybe we took a bit off the official attendance to cover the inevitable seat breakages ?

PHEONIXHIBS
21-03-2016, 01:28 PM
Slightly off topic , This will sound like an odd question to many ... But anyone know the story behind the loafs of bread ? I was unfortunate enough to be at haymarket station as great unwashed arrived. Seemed every last one of them had several loafs of hovis...

Smartie
21-03-2016, 01:41 PM
Slightly off topic , This will sound like an odd question to many ... But anyone know the story behind the loafs of bread ? I was unfortunate enough to be at haymarket station as great unwashed arrived. Seemed every last one of them had several loafs of hovis...

I'm imagining a Forest Gump/ Edinburgh jakey hybrid voice saying "and I just kept on baking".

Casey1875
21-03-2016, 01:45 PM

The feeding of the 400,000?

Hibernia&Alba
21-03-2016, 01:46 PM
The feeding of the 400,000?

:greengrin

:top marks

hibs0666
21-03-2016, 02:14 PM

It's in your/their DNA. Oops.

Mikey09
21-03-2016, 02:28 PM

Ooh... Naughty :greengrin

SJM
21-03-2016, 02:32 PM

Mines aye? Away and gtf pal.

SJM
21-03-2016, 02:33 PM
Ooh... Naughty :greengrin

If being a prick and saying another poster is a hearts ******* and that is "naughty" and not arsey then fair enough 👍

marinello59
21-03-2016, 02:36 PM
Can we please cut out the petty name calling etc.
Thanks.

SJM
21-03-2016, 02:38 PM
Can we please cut out the petty name calling etc.
Thanks.

I would rather get called any name rather than be accused of being one of them to be fair but point taken. 👍

Turkish Green
21-03-2016, 02:44 PM
Who cares. They claim full houses for all of their home games, does it really matter to anyone if there are empty seats.

I suspect that ST holders who do not turn up will still be accounted for.

son of haggart
21-03-2016, 03:02 PM
Do they have season ticket holders not turning up who are still counted in the figures?

Don't think so but we sell about 100 season tickets which are returned for resale through the ticket office - that definitely happened on saturday as there were only about 20 tickets available first thing in the morning and seats were appearing then being resold. I didn't use mine but it was used by a friend. I believe the figures are through the turnstiles. There were no tickets available for sale from about 1.30pm. Not sure how many St Johnstone sold but the 16,295 is about right IMO as it's about 900 short of capacity (it includes an area in the Roseburn sheeted off for segregation.

broondog
21-03-2016, 03:12 PM
another thread about the cheats, great.

green.oracle
21-03-2016, 03:24 PM
This is about them yes but that was the official attendance giving out on Saturday. I seen this picture on Facebook earlier. Does that look like 16,000 to you? Does it ****. More proof that their attendance figures are complete lies. Just wanted to mention this.

Heading wrong. Attendance was 16295 not as in thread title. Biggest crowd a0 that piggery all season is our semi final. 2nd biggest, our scottish cup tie there. Common denominator.... HIBS. Big team my ****

Hibernia&Alba
21-03-2016, 03:29 PM
To be fair, the Hearts support responded well to their near demise and have put their money in to save their club via tickets and direct debit scheme.

LithgaeHibby
21-03-2016, 03:36 PM
To be fair, the Hearts support responded well to their near demise and have put their money in to save their club via tickets and direct debit scheme.

That is only because even they managed to realise that, if they didn't do so, they would have no club left.

We on the other hand don't have the same urgency with our debt situation, hence the HSL take-up has been slower, but we've shown time and time again that the support is there.

Hibernia&Alba
21-03-2016, 03:42 PM
That is only because even they managed to realise that, if they didn't do so, they would have no club left.

We on the other hand don't have the same urgency with our debt situation, hence the HSL take-up has been slower, but we've shown time and time again that the support is there.

Totally agree. If Hibs were in the same situation Hearts found themselves in, I have no doubt the response would be huge, as it was 25 years ago during the takeover issue.

stanton_4
21-03-2016, 03:54 PM
We are getting more like that shower of **** every day with some poster's obsession with the gimps.

Personally i couldn't give a flying **** about their attendances or Brokeback or anything to do with them.

F&&K the Hearts. :giruy2:

Couldn't agree more :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin
I am getting severely miffed reading anything about them on here.

Frazerbob
21-03-2016, 06:35 PM
Couldn't agree more :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin
I am getting severely miffed reading anything about them on here.

Yet you open a thread, read it and add your own comment when it's clearly about Hearts.

Pete
21-03-2016, 06:41 PM
I think they must be counting seats sold instead of actual attendance. Maybe a few of them have purchased the cheap season tickets to help the club out or guarantee their seat even though they can't make it. It's similar to our FF, there are practically no seats for sale at the top of the lower but there are always spaces.

Keith_M
21-03-2016, 06:51 PM
Slagging Hearts about attendances? Really?

stanton_4
21-03-2016, 07:13 PM
Yet you open a thread, read it and add your own comment when it's clearly about Hearts.

Indeed and it would have been difficult to make my point if I hadn't.

greenginger
21-03-2016, 07:32 PM
Indeed and it would have been difficult to make my point if I hadn't.

15 minutes after posting you are still on this thread. :confused:

jgl07
21-03-2016, 07:44 PM
Yes they always have done.

Most clubs in England also base attendances on tickets sold not on 'attendance'.

green&left
21-03-2016, 07:56 PM
And some say Hearts are obsessed with us? Who gives a flying f..... what their crowd was.

stanton_4
22-03-2016, 05:51 AM
15 minutes after posting you are still on this thread. :confused:

Simple really.
I make a point... someone questions my reasons for it... I get an e-mail telling me they have made a comment using my quote... I respond... I get another mail saying you have commented using another of my quotes... I respond again.
That's how message boards work.

Ringothedog
22-03-2016, 01:24 PM

Most clubs in England also base attendances on tickets sold not on 'attendance'.

and if we did the same most of our crowds would be over the 10k mark

22-03-2016, 02:26 PM

A pathetic delusion they they are some big super mighty club.

Mcpakeisgod
22-03-2016, 02:36 PM
Simple really.
I make a point... someone questions my reasons for it... I get an e-mail telling me they have made a comment using my quote... I respond... I get another mail saying you have commented using another of my quotes... I respond again.
That's how message boards work.

Well said

son of haggart
22-03-2016, 05:37 PM

I don't think we do. May have done in the past but that doesn't square up with the attendances at games where all tickets have been sold and 100 or so resold by 1.30 - 2pm on a Saturday. Allowing for some seats being empty between away and home fans, attendances declared would have been much bigger than those announced if we were counting tickets sold (including season tickets).

An example was the Aberdeen game back in september. I attended that and there were no tickets available several hours before kick off. Aberdeen sold all their 700. The crowd was 16,702 against a capacity of around 17,200. There were a smattering of seats around the ground not occupied (ST holders not attending)but this would have been around 200 max, plus a round 250 for the segregation. Clearly the only way the crowd could be as low as 16,702 is if it was based on the turnstiles not tickets 'sold'

since90plustwo
23-03-2016, 11:35 AM

Only seats left in the place were in the hospitality

greenginger
23-03-2016, 03:35 PM
Only seats left in the place were in the hospitality

No, there were people like myself and two others in our group who had Cup top-ups and could not go.

If Hibs included those people in the Attendance , they would have to give Hearts a share of the ticket price.

Best count only those attending when its a shared gate. The Yams sell-outs never occur on matches where gates are shared, unless of course its us they are playing.

jgl07
24-03-2016, 02:41 PM
No, there were people like myself and two others in our group who had Cup top-ups and could not go.

If Hibs included those people in the Attendance , they would have to give Hearts a share of the ticket price.

Best count only those attending when its a shared gate. The Yams sell-outs never occur on matches where gates are shared, unless of course its us they are playing.
The cup matches will have the tickets sold. People who go out of their way to buy a ticket will generally attend. League match attendances include those who buy a season ticket for reasons of solidarity but rarely go to matches.