PDA

View Full Version : Stevenson in the Scotsman

J-C
21-03-2016, 09:55 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/lewis-stevenson-hibs-will-benefit-from-time-apart-on-break-1-4077674

Decent wee read and can understand what he means.

doddsy
21-03-2016, 10:05 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/lewis-stevenson-hibs-will-benefit-from-time-apart-on-break-1-4077674

Decent wee read and can understand what he means.

Spot on. A wee break to recharge engine batteries will do good. I was shocked at the state of the Raith pitch which did not help a team that likes to pass the ball on the ground. It was very bumpy and did not help the team to play the game as it should be with it probably being extra heavy on already tired legs. Wee Lewis talks a lot of sense. A good article by the Scotsman.

mmmmhibby
21-03-2016, 12:22 PM
[QUOTE=J

A wee break "on the bench" is whats required for you Lewis.....so yer spot on pal.

J-C
21-03-2016, 02:34 PM
[QUOTE=J

A wee break "on the bench" is whats required for you Lewis.....so yer spot on pal.

Your name sums you up, mmmmmm.maybe a hibby or not.

Salt N Sauzee
21-03-2016, 02:38 PM
[QUOTE=mmmmhibby;4627743]

Whilst I don't agree with MH's comment about Stevenson being benched; What's with this weird trend on .net right now? If someone posts something you disagree with that instantly makes them a yam, a hun or less of a Hibs fan. It's strange and pathetic behavior from grown men.

MWHIBBIES
21-03-2016, 02:46 PM
A wee break "on the bench" is whats required for you Lewis.....so yer spot on pal.Who do you suggest replaces him?

JimBHibees
21-03-2016, 02:55 PM
Who do you suggest replaces him?

It is surprising we havent got an obvious replacement for that position IMO. Lewis has a tremendous appetite and energy however his final ball is regularly poor.

hibee-boys
21-03-2016, 03:24 PM
Lewis is a solid left back who bursts a gut for hibs every time he wears the shirt. He does not however have the skills necessary to play in that wide role within the diamond formation that Stubbs asks of him.

Baldy Foghorn
21-03-2016, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE=J

????????????????

Hermit Crab
21-03-2016, 03:44 PM
[QUOTE=J

A tad harsh. There's others in the team that need benched before Stevenson. Cummings being one and oxley being another. Just my opinion.

hibbymick
21-03-2016, 03:50 PM
Get a better left back then we can think about benching him. It's surely not that difficult.

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2016, 03:54 PM
Play a flat back 4 and Stevenson is the first name on the sheet, what he's not is a marauding wing back mainly because his crosses are not the best and he normally turns inside and pushes the game narrow.

We dont have sufficient quality from either wide players to benefit from this ploy.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-03-2016, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=J-C;4627827]

Whilst I don't agree with MH's comment about Stevenson being benched; What's with this weird trend on .net right now? If someone posts something you disagree with that instantly makes them a yam, a hun or less of a Hibs fan. It's strange and pathetic behavior from grown men.

Grown men could be a bit of an assumption here ;)

ancient hibee
21-03-2016, 05:09 PM
Play a flat back 4 and Stevenson is the first name on the sheet, what he's not is a marauding wing back mainly because his crosses are not the best and he normally turns inside and pushes the game narrow.

We dont have sufficient quality from either wide players to benefit from this ploy.

Wide men must get to the bye line-ours don't do it enough.

MWHIBBIES
21-03-2016, 05:14 PM
It is surprising we havent got an obvious replacement for that position IMO. Lewis has a tremendous appetite and energy however his final ball is regularly poor.It isn't that surprising, Lewis has been very good and not been injured since Stubbs came in, it makes sense to focus on other areas.

J-C
21-03-2016, 05:56 PM
[QUOTESalt N Sauzee;

Whilst I don't agree with MH's comment about Stevenson being benched; What's with this weird trend on .net right now? If someone posts something you disagree with that instantly makes them a yam, a hun or less of a Hibs fan. It's strange and pathetic behavior from grown men.[/QUOTE]

1st chance some people get to have a dig at either players or the team and out they come with their nasty snide remarks, don't have to be a grown man or a wee kid to get fed up with so much negativity on here.

The thread was posted as I thought it was a good wee insight into what may be going on behind closed doors at ER and hopefully the break will do them the world of good, the last thing it needed was for someone to come on and have a go at Stevenson, uncalled for.

J-C
21-03-2016, 05:58 PM

Fully agree, Lewis is a good solid defensive fullback, play him as such and use natural attacking wide men for width.

mmmmhibby
21-03-2016, 06:49 PM

A Hibby till I die . Having a different opinion from yourself doesn't justify your instant assumption of me being a Yam....cringe!!!

Stantons Angel
21-03-2016, 06:51 PM
[QUOTESalt N Sauzee;

1st chance some people get to have a dig at either players or the team and out they come with their nasty snide remarks, don't have to be a grown man or a wee kid to get fed up with so much negativity on here.

The thread was posted as I thought it was a good wee insight into what may be going on behind closed doors at ER and hopefully the break will do them the world of good, the last thing it needed was for someone to come on and have a go at Stevenson, uncalled for.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you there!

You started the thread to let us know of the article in the Scotsman you thought was interesting.

Then it turns into another Lewis witch hunt. As another poster says, there are more players than Lewis needing benched for a rest!

We have still got so much to play for this season and need to put the negativity aside and concentrate on whats ahead. If we dont there will be nothing ahead and then all the doubters and moaners can have their day.

Lets get over this slump before slating of individual players yet again!

emerald green
21-03-2016, 06:59 PM
I think a very significant part of the article was the following part:

He (Stevenson) went further: the problems went back some way and had been masked by results (I'm assuming he meant mainly cup results?). "I don't think we've been playing well going back to Christmas. This (slump) has been a while coming and to be honest we need to get out of it quick."

My question is simply this. Why has this squad, widely thought of as being one of the strongest in the Championship, and the equal of many in the Premier Division, not been playing well going back to Christmas?

He (Stevenson) doesn't say, and the journalist doesn't ask.

doddsy
21-03-2016, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE=J

You sound so 'threatening' towards wee Lewis, what has he done to you to make you hate him so much. You don't say he's a poor player or make any good points as to why you seem to detest him?

Poor wee Lewis.

mmmmhibby
21-03-2016, 07:04 PM

You sound so 'threatening' towards wee Lewis, what has he done to you to make you hate him so much. You don't say he's a poor player or make any good points as to why you seem to detest him?

Poor wee Lewis.

What!!!! I expressed an opinion that he needs to be benched, now you have me wanna lynch the guy.....Jesus Wept.

J-C
21-03-2016, 07:16 PM
I think a very significant part of the article was the following part:

He (Stevenson) went further: the problems went back some way and had been masked by results (I'm assuming he meant mainly cup results?). "I don't think we've been playing well going back to Christmas. This (slump) has been a while coming and to be honest we need to get out of it quick."

My question is simply this. Why has this squad, widely thought of as being one of the strongest in the Championship, and the equal of many in the Premier Division, not been playing well going back to Christmas?

He (Stevenson) doesn't say, and the journalist doesn't ask.

I think the worrying thing here is it looks like the players and even now the manager ( going by his after match interview ) have struggled to find the answers, fingers crossed this break helps.

emerald green
21-03-2016, 07:25 PM
I think the worrying thing here is it looks like the players and even now the manager ( going by his after match interview ) have struggled to find the answers, fingers crossed this break helps.

I hope the break helps too. It's vital the coaching staff, and the players, get to grips with whatever the problem is (or problems are), and sort it out immediately. Time is not on their side now unfortunately.

Jonnyboy
21-03-2016, 08:11 PM
It is surprising we havent got an obvious replacement for that position IMO. Lewis has a tremendous appetite and energy however his final ball is regularly poor.

And yet he has the same number of assists this season as David Gray.

doddsy
21-03-2016, 08:15 PM
[QUOTE=doddsy;4628040]

What!!!! I expressed an opinion that he needs to be benched, now you have me wanna lynch the guy.....Jesus Wept.

:greengrin:thumbsup:It was kind of tounge in cheek, apologies if I wound you up a wee bit bud.

Danderhall Hibs
21-03-2016, 09:00 PM

They both struggle though and it does seem we use the left hand side more than the right. I genuinely think teams allow us to have the ball out left cos of our lack of threat.

Sir David Gray
21-03-2016, 09:04 PM
I hope the break helps too. It's vital the coaching staff, and the players, get to grips with whatever the problem is (or problems are), and sort it out immediately. Time is not on their side now unfortunately.

Especially when we have nine matches to play during April.

Captain Trips
21-03-2016, 09:43 PM
Jeez a witch hunt one person thinks he is off form all the rest on here think Lewis is fine including me.

IMO I think some of the comments about what people post is the only thing over the top on Hibs.net of late. I disagree with mmmmmhibs but do not think he hates or detests LS.

Anyway back on point, LS has been a good servant to club and hopefully after break we can get back to winning ways.

doddsy
21-03-2016, 09:58 PM
Jeez a witch hunt one person thinks he is off form all the rest on here think Lewis is fine including me.

IMO I think some of the comments about what people post is the only thing over the top on Hibs.net of late. I disagree with mmmmmhibs but do not think he hates or detests LS.

Anyway back on point, LS has been a good servant to club and hopefully after break we can get back to winning ways.

I take it you're referring to the tongue in cheek comments I made about mmmmmmmhibs comments about hating wee lewy. I did say later I was winding him up a bit. lighten up.

Stantons Angel
21-03-2016, 10:48 PM
I take it you're referring to the tongue in cheek comments I made about mmmmmmmhibs comments about hating wee lewy. I did say later I was winding him up a bit. lighten up.

Yeah, only after everyone else slated you for your remarks and the manner they were made

doddsy
22-03-2016, 07:35 AM
Yeah, only after everyone else slated you for your remarks and the manner they were made

Really?

You're not a Yam by any chance are you?

Lol

Stantons Angel
22-03-2016, 08:07 AM
YAM... you can be so insulting!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

doddsy
22-03-2016, 08:11 AM
YAM... you can be so insulting!

Good Golly man- Lighten Up!

:na na:

Stantons Angel
22-03-2016, 08:27 AM
Tongue in cheek....ha ha.

Arch Stanton
22-03-2016, 08:27 AM

If he had said that LS was off form and would benefit from a break then there would be no talk of witch hunt. The derogatory, in your face, remark he made was nothing more than a gratuitous insult.

If I told you to go and shut your stupid face would you be just as relaxed about that? And yet it isn't any more insulting than saying LS isn't good enough to be playing, is it?

doddsy
22-03-2016, 08:29 AM
Tongue in cheek....ha ha.

And your point is caller?

doddsy
22-03-2016, 08:38 AM
If he had said that LS was off form and would benefit from a break then there would be no talk of witch hunt. The derogatory, in your face, remark he made was nothing more than a gratuitous insult.

If I told you to go and shut your stupid face would you be just as relaxed about that? And yet it isn't any more insulting than saying LS isn't good enough to be playing, is it?

That's a fair assessment. mmmmmmhibs could have given points why he thought Lewy needed time on the bench. I'm sure he'll be more thoughtful in the future and give reason why he makes a statement.

:aok:

Captain Trips
22-03-2016, 05:15 PM

I think it is more insulting actually so there this ends.

pennyhibee
22-03-2016, 06:33 PM
Honest as ever from Lewis but it's a bit worrying if they have been expecting a bad run since Christmas and now that they've hit it don't seem to know how to get out of it

JimBHibees
22-03-2016, 08:00 PM

Just think how many he could get if he could cross the ball. :greengrin

Gray was robbed of one on Saturday with Jason's miss.

Jonnyboy
22-03-2016, 08:09 PM
Just think how many he could get if he could cross the ball. :greengrin

Gray was robbed of one on Saturday with Jason's miss.

As in the first goal v ICT in the replay? :wink: :greengrin

JimBHibees
22-03-2016, 08:22 PM
As in the first goal v ICT in the replay? :wink: :greengrin

Yes. :greengrin