PDA

View Full Version : no cup top up?

familyman
20-03-2016, 10:54 PM
Seems an actuary has decided it is not value for money,clearly it was for us this year.It should also be noted that the regular rescheduling of games due to Tv means I and many others cannot manage all the games we have paid for, so the real cost to us(not the club)is more.
Way back in the dark ages when league cup was in sections I seem to recall VERY LOW ATTENDANCES in earlier rounds, I believe that will remain the same this time around unless the charge is significantly lower in earlier stages(£10).In fact when we had a first division of 16 Hibs were notorious for underperforming against the so called lower teams..sound familiar?
To be fair to Hibs they have said it will be reviewed..but the timing is not great as we are being asked to fork out for which league exactly?
that should be taken into account as well.

Bothar Casca
20-03-2016, 11:03 PM
There's no cup top up next season because the League Cup has been restructured meaning guaranteed home games.

hibbybob
21-03-2016, 09:08 AM
There's no cup top up next season because the League Cup has been restructured meaning guaranteed home games.

I don't see why the price of a cup top up couldn't be increased to take account of the guaranteed games.

Scouse Hibee
21-03-2016, 09:59 AM
I don't see why the price of a cup top up couldn't be increased to take account of the guaranteed games.

Then there would be a thread with people moaning about how it was too expensive to gamble on :-)

21-03-2016, 08:55 PM
Just a thought - why not half the Cup Top Up price and make it just for the Scottish Cup if its now a problem with the League Cup. Think I'd be happy with that.

Billy Whizz
21-03-2016, 08:56 PM
Just a thought - why not half the Cup Top Up price and make it just for the Scottish Cup if its now a problem with the League Cup. Think I'd be happy with that.

I hate to say it, what if we're in the Petrofac Cup?

21-03-2016, 09:05 PM
I hate to say it, what if we're in the Petrofac Cup?

I "hope" that won't be an issue next season because we will be promoted.
Regardless as I said, just make it the Scottish Cup - keeps it simple and for those of us who like to take a punt on being at home I'd be happy to take the gamble.