PDA

View Full Version : 2014/15 season stats v 2015/16

Kaiserclem
20-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Some interesting reading here, or maybe that's just me. This season in comparison to last. First figure is last season total and second is this season. We do still have 8 games to play but look at the goal difference.

Total goal scored: 70 last and 44 this.
Total goals conceded: 32 last and 26 this.
Total games won: 21 last and 17 this.
Total games lost: 7 last and 7 this.
Total points won: 70 last and 55 this.

With 8 games to play this season we could end up with around the same points probably as last season. No hearts this season and we have a bigger squad. Still think losing 7 games already, same as last, with Rangers and Falkirk still to play could be deemed by some that we have not progressed and built on a years experience in this rubbish league. Are we progressing?

Captain Trips
20-03-2016, 06:40 PM
A lot of the stats are close as of now but the goals scored is the issue, as said all well and good Stubbs being pissed now but we should have been dealing with this issue months ago while still in touch with Rangers but being well behind them with goal difference.

We have stayed pretty much the same as last season so we seemed to have stopped improving. We didn't need to have a better team than Rangers we needed a better team than everyone else and could have taken the Rangers games as they came, unfortunately we have let ourselves down against teams we really should be beating as IMO our team is as good as Rangers.

Danderhall Hibs
20-03-2016, 07:32 PM
A lot of the stats are close as of now but the goals scored is the issue, as said all well and good Stubbs being pissed now but we should have been dealing with this issue months ago while still in touch with Rangers but being well behind them with goal difference.

We have stayed pretty much the same as last season so we seemed to have stopped improving. We didn't need to have a better team than Rangers we needed a better team than everyone else and could have taken the Rangers games as they came, unfortunately we have let ourselves down against teams we really should be beating as IMO our team is as good as Rangers.

I tried to make the argument months ago that we needed to score more cos the goal difference was slipping away from us.

It was rubbished by what felt like a good few folk as "all we need to do is win 1-0 every week and we win the league".

cabbageandribs1875
20-03-2016, 07:43 PM
I tried to make the argument months ago that we needed to score more cos the goal difference was slipping away from us.

It was rubbished by what felt like a good few folk as "all we need to do is win 1-0 every week and we win the league".

as did i, i've noticed a couple of the posters in question now seem to have the same opinions as ourselves had 4/5 months ago, strange that

stantonhibby
20-03-2016, 07:48 PM
Some interesting reading here, or maybe that's just me. This season in comparison to last. First figure is last season total and second is this season. We do still have 8 games to play but look at the goal difference.

Total goal scored: 70 last and 44 this.
Total goals conceded: 32 last and 26 this.
Total games won: 21 last and 17 this.
Total games lost: 7 last and 7 this.
Total points won: 70 last and 55 this.

With 8 games to play this season we could end up with around the same points probably as last season. No hearts this season and we have a bigger squad. Still think losing 7 games already, same as last, with Rangers and Falkirk still to play could be deemed by some that we have not progressed and built on a years experience in this rubbish league. Are we progressing?

That's actually a pretty scary stat re goals scored. 8 games to go we,ll be doing well to get to 60.....confirms I think where the main problem is...we miss too many chances.

Ozyhibby
20-03-2016, 07:53 PM

People have been saying we need to be able to score more goals since the season started.
If this was just a blip then Stubbs would not be getting such a hard time. It's because the evidence has been there for all to see all season. Some people chose to ignore it while we were eking out the 1-0 wins and are now a little surprised people are questioning Stubbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaiserclem
20-03-2016, 08:03 PM
I agree, and have since last season, that we do not score enough goals and we can all see how we struggle to break teams down who sit in against us. Hearts last second and Rangers this season have not. Falkirk also.The coaching team have worked with. Lot of this squad for a long time now but we're going backwards scoring wise and defending wise. I actually hit a fright when I looked at the numbers. Doesn't look like pregression to me.

I await the the shouts of "yeah but we have beaten 5 Premiership teams and only lost to Ross County, which is great, but unfortunately we cannot beat Morton, QOS, Dumbarton (twice), Rangers and Raith in OUR league, the league where it matters. We will lose a few games a season, understandable, but 7 with 8 to play? Not good enough and the boys need to step it up dramatically, if we can, or our season is a joke.

Lago
20-03-2016, 09:07 PM

Yes you did and were rubbished for your efforts to identify a problem.