PDA

View Full Version : I despair

Wellbankhibby
20-03-2016, 07:03 PM
I have supported Hibs for more years than I care to say, I have seen the good the bad and the ugly side of my beloved Team. I despair sometimes at some of the comments made on here. Get rid of Stokes get rid of Stubbs. The Team have been a disaster for a number of years now and it is a slow process to get back where we feel we should be. WE ARE HIBERNIAN and we should all be proud. Like many others I want us back in the Premier League but we don't have a Devine right to be there. For most of this season we have played good attacking football and won lots of games. Now we have come off the rails some of our support want rid of Stokes and Stubbs. I didn't think Stubbs was the right Man for the task of rebuilding our great club but we have done well until the last month. I continue to have reservations in that I don't think Stubbs has a plan B if things go wrong and I feel he struggles to motivate the Team but he does have excellent Man Management skills. As for Stokes he has gone through a lean time but you have to remember he lacked game time. He has started scoring again and in my opinion I feel we will benefit from this, for fans to want rid of him makes me despair. Cummings is going through a real lack of confidence since paper talk was touting him to be the best striker in Scotland. He was like a Man in torment when he was subbed yesterday. There is no doubt that was a dreadful miss from right under the posts and all he had to do was roll it into the net instead of blasting it off the bar. If we can rally again I still feel we can achieve our goal of promotion. As Supporters we have to stick together and support each other and the Team. The time for blame is at the End of the season if we don't achieve our goals.

JK Rolling
20-03-2016, 07:34 PM
I have supported Hibs for more years than I care to say, I have seen the good the bad and the ugly side of my beloved Team. I despair sometimes at some of the comments made on here. Get rid of Stokes get rid of Stubbs. The Team have been a disaster for a number of years now and it is a slow process to get back where we feel we should be. WE ARE HIBERNIAN and we should all be proud. Like many others I want us back in the Premier League but we don't have a Devine right to be there. For most of this season we have played good attacking football and won lots of games. Now we have come off the rails some of our support want rid of Stokes and Stubbs. I didn't think Stubbs was the right Man for the task of rebuilding our great club but we have done well until the last month. I continue to have reservations in that I don't think Stubbs has a plan B if things go wrong and I feel he struggles to motivate the Team but he does have excellent Man Management skills. As for Stokes he has gone through a lean time but you have to remember he lacked game time. He has started scoring again and in my opinion I feel we will benefit from this, for fans to want rid of him makes me despair. Cummings is going through a real lack of confidence since paper talk was touting him to be the best striker in Scotland. He was like a Man in torment when he was subbed yesterday. There is no doubt that was a dreadful miss from right under the posts and all he had to do was roll it into the net instead of blasting it off the bar. If we can rally again I still feel we can achieve our goal of promotion. As Supporters we have to stick together and support each other and the Team. The time for blame is at the End of the season if we don't achieve our goals.

Excellent post, you have my total agreement on all points.

Islington Hibs
20-03-2016, 07:45 PM
Great post.

The season is far from over- although we will see what they are made of as our footballers are technically good enough to go up.

We are all disappointed but Stubbs inherited a shambles and has, at times, brought some pride back to the club. He has my full support for next season regardless of what happens this because he has shown integrity, an ability to buy good players, develop teamwork, and have good motivational skills. Sure recent results have not been good enough but frankly it was always a tough ask against The Rangers who still have many times our resources.

I would also politely point out that the overwhelming majority of this board fully supported getting rid of Fenlon (probably correctly) , but also the appointment of Butcher and were in cartwheels when Stokes re-signed.

Comiston Hibee
20-03-2016, 08:02 PM
I firmly believe that we will still go up this season, even if we have to play 2 more play off games.
I firmly believe we can put Dundee Utd to the sword in the semi [ I also think that the NEW Rangers will beat Celtic in their semi thus making it an easier final to WIN]

But if my belief is delusional or wrong then I know I will still always love and support my club
that is all :gwa::thumbsup::flag:

brog
21-03-2016, 11:56 AM

Excellent post though I disagree re AS not having a Plan B. On several occasions this season he's changed formation & personnel mid match, or from one game to another & its been successful. You can't legislate for giving away soft goals, bad decisions & ludicrous misses. I 100% agree your final 2 sentences in bold.

Turkish Green
21-03-2016, 02:51 PM
I firmly believe that we will still go up this season, even if we have to play 2 more play off games.
I firmly believe we can put Dundee Utd to the sword in the semi [ I also think that the NEW Rangers will beat Celtic in their semi thus making it an easier final to WIN]

But if my belief is delusional or wrong then I know I will still always love and support my club
that is all :gwa::thumbsup::flag:

I am with you bud. Regardless of the pessimist that post on here, Stubbs has the strongest squad in the championship outside of the Huns. If the players stay injury free, then they will be promoted. We can only get beaten by ourselves.

Vini1875
21-03-2016, 04:08 PM
I think we are beating ourselves at the moment from missing chances to lapses in concentration at the back. Personally I feel we ought to adopt the 3-5-2 formation to dominate the midfield again as I think the last few games teams have got at us by doing just that.

Bronson
21-03-2016, 04:47 PM
The talk of punting Stubbs fries my brain. 4 weeks ago we were treble-chasing heroes and Stubbs' stock was rising by the day. There was talk and fear of Celtic coming in for him, or even teams down south, and now, after 4 or 5 bad (albeit pretty horrible) results some people want him gone. In amongst which we've still managed to reach the Scottish Cup semis and book another trip to the national stadium.

'I despair' pretty much sums it up, deary me:rolleyes:

The Green Goblin
21-03-2016, 05:22 PM
The talk of punting Stubbs fries my brain. 4 weeks ago we were treble-chasing heroes and Stubbs' stock was rising by the day. There was talk and fear of Celtic coming in for him, or even teams down south, and now, after 4 or 5 bad (albeit pretty horrible) results some people want him gone. In amongst which we've still managed to reach the Scottish Cup semis and book another trip to the national stadium.

No, they don't. Who is suggesting we "punt" Stubbs? People are debating and asking tough questions of Stubbs following a poor run of results, which is fair enough. Your post, and one or two others from other posters, keep referring to this as if people were calling for his head, but it is not true. That is not what they are doing at all.

marinello59
21-03-2016, 05:23 PM
No, they don't. Who is suggesting we "punt" Stubbs? People are debating and asking tough questions of Stubbs following a poor run of results, which is fair enough. Your post, and one or two others from other posters, keep referring to this as if people were calling for his head, but it is not true. That is not what they are doing at all.

Well said.

cmcd
21-03-2016, 05:34 PM
I have seen posts on here and elsewhere where people wanted AS sacked

Andy74
21-03-2016, 05:38 PM

4 weeks ago was 4 weeks ago. We are now approaching the business end.

There's been a few managers who could have been legends. As it stands the last few weeks have led Stubbs to fall in closer to those who didn't quite do it.

We could win the cup, we could get promoted. That would be a great turaround from here and he would be a hero again. We can only debate where we are now.

In terms of Hampden we've been twice with Stubbs and both times we've been disappointed against teams we really could have beaten. Third time lucky maybe and then we need another one on top of that to actually win something.

Bronson
21-03-2016, 05:48 PM

Whilst you personally might not have said you want him gone, I've seen a few hibs fans on twitter say those very words. I didn't just pull that out of thin air to make for a more dramatic post.

4 weeks ago was 4 weeks ago. We are now approaching the business end.

There's been a few managers who could have been legends. As it stands the last few weeks have led Stubbs to fall in closer to those who didn't quite do it.

We could win the cup, we could get promoted. That would be a great turaround from here and he would be a hero again. We can only debate where we are now.

In terms of Hampden we've been twice with Stubbs and both times we've been disappointed against teams we really could have beaten. Third time lucky maybe and then we need another one on top of that to actually win something.

I hear what you're saying, but please bear in mind where we were when he took over. He's transformed the club along with Dempster, don't underestimate how far we've come. We're back to playing good football, with young talented, home-grown lads, and (bar the last few weeks) we're getting results.

Worst come to worst, if we lose in the Scottish Cup and if the unthinkable happens and we don't get promoted, he'll still have my full backing. That's not because I'm happy to accept mediocrity, that's because I feel, based on what I've watched over the last 2 seasons, that he's the man to take us forward.

Too many people have a knee-jerk reaction to a string of disappointing results, it's pathetic.

Hibernia&Alba
21-03-2016, 05:53 PM
I have seen posts on here and elsewhere where people wanted AS sacked

Yes, one or two only on here have said he should go immediately. The vast majority of those questioning Stubbs have said we need to wait until the season is finished before assessing things, which is fair enough.

Andy74
21-03-2016, 06:00 PM
Whilst you personally might not have said you want him gone, I've seen a few hibs fans on twitter say those very words. I didn't just pull that out of thin air to make for a more dramatic post.

I hear what you're saying, but please bear in mind where we were when he took over. He's transformed the club along with Dempster, don't underestimate how far we've come. We're back to playing good football, with young talented, home-grown lads, and (bar the last few weeks) we're getting results.

Worst come to worst, if we lose in the Scottish Cup and if the unthinkable happens and we don't get promoted, he'll still have my full backing. That's not because I'm happy to accept mediocrity, that's because I feel, based on what I've watched over the last 2 seasons, that he's the man to take us forward.

Too many people have a knee-jerk reaction to a string of disappointing results, it's pathetic.

The 'how far we've come' thing is a difficult one to quantify because we previously weren't kicking about in 3rd place in the championship.

He started with virtually a blank sheet of paper where the team is concered and the sturcture around him has also been put in place by Dempster and Craig.

I think there have been more marked turnarounds in league placing and cup appearances in recent years that also didn't end well because it wasn't far or quick enough for some. A third year in this league would not represent progress against what was really a shocking six month period before he arrived with most of those responsible, if not all, cleared out.

The Green Goblin
21-03-2016, 07:02 PM

I honestly don't know anything about twitter and had assumed you were talking about posters on here. I didn't think you were trying to be dramatic or anything, it's one of those things where something grows legs and becomes a 'fact' because people repeat it from others. I agree with the other paragraph you wrote, as you will see from my post on the other Stubbs thread.