PDA

View Full Version : Farid

Mango Man
20-03-2016, 01:14 PM
I thought the big man made a right nuisance of himself yesterday, he won nearly every header punted up to him, just need the players to start making good runs, wonder if he is anywhere near fit enough to start?!

Really like him as well, that injury robbed us of a cracking forward.

coldingham hibs
20-03-2016, 01:31 PM
I thought the big man made a right nuisance of himself yesterday, he won nearly every header punted up to him, just need the players to start making good runs, wonder if he is anywhere near fit enough to start?!

Really like him as well, that injury robbed us of a cracking forward.

Agreed, won every header and did more in his short spell to unsettle the Raith defence than Stokes, Cummings & Keatings.

Hermit Crab
20-03-2016, 01:33 PM
Him in place of cummings next time out.

500miles
20-03-2016, 01:43 PM
I really like Farid. I just wonder if he has more than half an hour per game in his knees. You don't get better from the injuries that he's suffered.

ben johnson
20-03-2016, 01:50 PM
Him in place of cummings next time out.

I would have him in first pick. When we enter the play offs yesterday is exactly what we are going to face x2. I don't care if he plays the long ball up to Farid and upsets a few fans who want it on the deck. If we are going to build this club back up we can't have another season out the top flight. A packed defence we have struggled to break down on numerous occasions this season has to be tackled in a different way so I don't have a problem playing long to Farid in the lottery of a play off. Plenty time to play football when we are out this division.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2016, 01:52 PM
When we hopefully get McGeouch Fyvie and Hanlon back, things will improve, having Farid as back up will be an asset if he's fit and a different option should the manager put him on with enough time to change things if needed.

Itsnoteasy
20-03-2016, 01:57 PM
Agreed, won every header and did more in his short spell to unsettle the Raith defence than Stokes, Cummings & Keatings.

Did stokes not unsettle them by scoring.

Jdawg
20-03-2016, 02:15 PM
If we play him we need to width and pace in the team, get to the byline and have him attacking the ball.

So often it's a floated cross from about 30 yards, which is ideal for the defending team.

Alex Trager
20-03-2016, 02:27 PM
I would have him in first pick. When we enter the play offs yesterday is exactly what we are going to face x2. I don't care if he plays the long ball up to Farid and upsets a few fans who want it on the deck. If we are going to build this club back up we can't have another season out the top flight. A packed defence we have struggled to break down on numerous occasions this season has to be tackled in a different way so I don't have a problem playing long to Farid in the lottery of a play off. Plenty time to play football when we are out this division.

We play the long ball to Cummings and stokes anyway

leither17
20-03-2016, 02:49 PM

And that is exactly where we are going wrong

ben johnson
20-03-2016, 03:03 PM

You will get a different result playing it up to a man who is comfortable in the air. Very good on the deck as well so we could mix it up.

superfurryhibby
20-03-2016, 03:06 PM
If we play him we need to width and pace in the team, get to the byline and have him attacking the ball.

So often it's a floated cross from about 30 yards, which is ideal for the defending team.

It's a footballing fundamental, has been since the dawn of footballing time surely. How often do our wide outlets manage this? Yet many, including Stubbs feel it's not necessary. For me it must always be an option.

Alex Trager
20-03-2016, 03:14 PM
You will get a different result playing it up to a man who is comfortable in the air. Very good on the deck as well so we could mix it up.

Couldn't agree more

Alex Trager
20-03-2016, 03:14 PM

Preaching to the converted mate

Forthview
20-03-2016, 03:38 PM
Sometimes playing on pitches more like public parks like yesterday getting it wide and quickly into the mixer is more fruitful than passing and trying to control the ball.

20-03-2016, 03:40 PM
Holds the line better than Jason and offers us a bit of physical presence.

I'd give him a chance at starting.

staunchhibby
20-03-2016, 03:57 PM
Time for cummings to be dropped and hopefuly this will have the desired effect as he is not playing well just now.Give Farid the opportunity to get game time before the semi.

MWHIBBIES
20-03-2016, 04:03 PM
We play the long ball to Cummings and stokes anywayWhen Fyvie and McGeouch aren't playing and no one else is helping get the ball off the back 4 when we play long balls. The purpose of those long balls isn't really for Cummings to win them, it is for our midfield to win the second ball, McGinns goal in the semi being the perfect example.

Lago
20-03-2016, 05:02 PM
Hooooof

3pm
20-03-2016, 05:10 PM
When we hopefully get McGeouch Fyvie and Hanlon back, things will improve, having Farid as back up will be an asset if he's fit and a different option should the manager put him on with enough time to change things if needed.

He had plenty time yesterday. We even played to one of his strengths with the number of long balls.

He didn't really influence the game though.

Ronniekirk
20-03-2016, 05:24 PM
He had plenty time yesterday. We even played to one of his strengths with the number of long balls.

He didn't really influence the game though.

He hasn't played since the Dumbarton game when he did score But if he isn't getting regular game time and he isn't playing for development team then its harder for him to get a partnership going He wouldn't of played in a game with stokes or dagnall before i don't think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3pm
20-03-2016, 05:43 PM
He hasn't played since the Dumbarton game when he did score But if he isn't getting regular game time and he isn't playing for development team then its harder for him to get a partnership going He wouldn't of played in a game with stokes or dagnall before i don't think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stubbs sent him to get something from the game. He had 35 minutes.

Stubbs must have thought he was fit enough / sharp enough to contribute.

eastcoasthibby
20-03-2016, 05:47 PM
Did stokes not unsettle them by scoring.

I thought Stokes did quite well yesterday , he looked to be trying to make things happen in the second half !
We can't have Cummings gs and Keatings in the same line up ....Farid did well...something needs to change up front ..Dagnall actually looked sharper than Cummings and keatings ...they are too lightweight against the big burly defenders ...

Colr
20-03-2016, 06:13 PM

and has been for 30 years.

ancient hibee
20-03-2016, 07:57 PM
and has been for 30 years.

Pretty nonsensical if you don't mind my saying so.

Jdawg
20-03-2016, 09:36 PM
It's a footballing fundamental, has been since the dawn of footballing time surely. How often do our wide outlets manage this? Yet many, including Stubbs feel it's not necessary. For me it must always be an option.

We rely on LS and DG, LS gets the ball in space runs forward then comes to a shuddering halt, checks inside and passes inside. That brings any momentum to an end. Yesterday he actual went down the wing and put a good ball in. He should be doing that far more often.

When the opposition is on the back foot it causes problems. For example, County's second goal, yes a mistake from Fontaine but a great drive forward from Gardyne.