PDA

View Full Version : Alex Harris

Eaststandee
20-03-2016, 01:29 PM
Seen that he netted two goals yesterday, does anyone know if he is looking like the player he once was? And what's his future with Hibs looking like?

Would really like to see him back playing well in a Hibs jersey.

easty
20-03-2016, 01:35 PM
If we see him playing for hibs again it'll show just how bad we've got. In my opinion.

Eaststandee
20-03-2016, 01:46 PM
If we see him playing for hibs again it'll show just how bad we've got. In my opinion.

That's fair enough, but the Harris who last played for us wasn't getting a goal against anyone never mind two. Just wondering about his development really.

Scouse Hibee
20-03-2016, 01:57 PM
That's fair enough, but the Harris who last played for us wasn't getting a goal against anyone never mind two. Just wondering about his development really.

You have to remember he's only playing in the championship, not that great a level.

Danderhall Hibs
20-03-2016, 02:03 PM
You have to remember he's only playing in the championship, not that great a level.

:tee hee:

HibsNutter
20-03-2016, 02:26 PM
Would he perform for us right now while things aren't going our way and heads are down? Would he *****.

MWHIBBIES
20-03-2016, 04:18 PM
Would he perform for us right now while things aren't going our way and heads are down? Would he *****.Performed pretty well when we were 3-0 down against Falkirk.

Forthview
20-03-2016, 04:35 PM
He could be the same player as Boyle, one running down each wing.

20-03-2016, 04:37 PM
Listened to the scores coming in on the radio yesterday and his name was mentioned atfer every goal, either scoring them or playing a part in setting them up. Sounded like he was having the game of his life.

Alfred E Newman
20-03-2016, 06:13 PM
Listened to the scores coming in on the radio yesterday and his name was mentioned atfer every goal, either scoring them or playing a part in setting them up. Sounded like he was having the game of his life.

You are wasting your breath. He has been hung drawn and quartered on here and nothing you say will change some people's opinion of him.

HibsNutter
20-03-2016, 06:17 PM
Performed pretty well when we were 3-0 down against Falkirk.

A game at the time when he'd just broken through and nothing was expected of him. What's he done since then that merits giving him another chance?

Joe's ice cream
20-03-2016, 06:23 PM
You are wasting your breath. He has been hung drawn and quartered on here and nothing you say will change some people's opinion of him.

I live in Dumfries and know a fair few QOS fans- I would say that the general opinion held by them is split regarding Harris's contribution - it's worth noting that he only got a start yesterday due to some injuries.

When he arrived he was very well received and I was asked my opinion based on watching him for ourselves - I rated him like Werherspoon as a talent who can turn it on and light up a game but then go two or three performances contributing very little.

This now seems to be the concencious held by my QOS supporting mates down here.

If he was able to perform more consistently then he would be able to no doubt play at a higher level, that thou I guess could be said about many players.

MWHIBBIES
20-03-2016, 06:38 PM
A game at the time when he'd just broken through and nothing was expected of him. What's he done since then that merits giving him another chance?I didn't say anything about giving him another chance.

emerald green
20-03-2016, 06:42 PM
He was playing against a pub team yesterday. One which has beaten Hibs twice this season. Ridiculous really.

Smartie
20-03-2016, 06:43 PM
A game at the time when he'd just broken through and nothing was expected of him. What's he done since then that merits giving him another chance?

I don't think we can ever say that there has ever been a player selected to play for Hibs in a Scottish Cup semi-final that has "nothing expected of him".

He may only have been young but he was selected, on merit, and expected to do a job for us.

A job that he did well.

The Harp
20-03-2016, 06:54 PM
Good luck to the laddie. He's been through a hell of a lot emotionally and physically. Sounded like he played a blinder yesterday, which is great to hear. Would be delighted to see him back at ER and challenging for a 1st team place again.

yekimevol
20-03-2016, 08:51 PM
Good luck to the laddie. He's been through a hell of a lot emotionally and physically. Sounded like he played a blinder yesterday, which is great to hear. Would be delighted to see him back at ER and challenging for a 1st team place again.

:top marks:top marks:top marks

bookert
20-03-2016, 09:16 PM
Agree with this. Thought him and stanton were going to be the next big thing. I wish them both all the best.

SJM
20-03-2016, 09:43 PM
He won't be back at Easter Road. He's been told he has no future but he's on a decent contract and doesn't want to leave for a quarter of what he's on.

Jamesie
20-03-2016, 10:35 PM

:top marks - I remain firmly of the view there is a player in there and I'd really like to see his potential realised at Easter Road rather than elsewhere.

mmmmhibby
21-03-2016, 02:35 PM

Talk about exaggerating the truth....mibby he's just no good enough...in fact he aint!!!

staunchhibby
21-03-2016, 02:42 PM
It is the same with Sam.A decent contract.Presently he is enjoying his time at Livi where he is getting game time.

hughio
21-03-2016, 03:03 PM

:aok:

Winston Ingram
21-03-2016, 04:54 PM
He's an attacking wide player so that automatically ensures he has no chance here.

Delboy4
21-03-2016, 05:08 PM
Lovely laddie, he was in my house over the weekend with my son in law. Whatever happens next season, I hope it goes well for him. Think he just needs his confidence back...maybe just kick on from Saturday with the brace he got!!
GGTTH

cmcd
21-03-2016, 05:39 PM
Talk about exaggerating the truth....mibby he's just no good enough...in fact he aint!!!

In youre opinion

Unseen work
21-03-2016, 07:00 PM
I feel the alex Harris story is being exaggerated something awful.

Butchers wasn't a good manager but some of the stuff people are saying about Harris is ridiculous.

He's just not good enough for what we want to achieve for us imo.

I seen someone compare him to spoony. Imo spoony is a far far superior player

J-C
22-03-2016, 05:13 PM

Tell me are there any Hibs players you actually like or do you not rate any of them, so far we have Harris and Stevenson on your crap list .

bookert
22-03-2016, 05:22 PM

Butchers wasn't a good manager but some of the stuff people are saying about Harris is ridiculous.

Did think a combination of Butcher and Hutchison destroyed his confidence. I always liked him and I hope he goes on to have a decent career, although it seems unlikely to be with us.

easty
22-03-2016, 05:36 PM

Of course Wotherspoon is better, that's why he's a regular at St Johnstone while Harris is at QotS.