PDA

View Full Version : To Anyone Who Wants To Get Rid Of Stubbs

hibsboy69
20-03-2016, 12:18 PM
I understand we are all suffering at the moment and 4 losses on the trot in this pishy league is unacceptable.

However please think back to where we've been :-

Williamson
Calderwood
Fenlon
Butcher

The players have let themselves and Stubbsy down badly recently with dreadful individual mistakes. Sometimes a manager cannot legislate for that. Seeing his interview last night I think Stubbs will address this by making needed changes.

Don't get me wrong, the players and manager deserve flak (they've had plenty praise after all). However We need to all stick together.

In Stubbsy We Trust

HIBS TILL WE DIE

AL-Qaholik
20-03-2016, 12:23 PM
Stubbs picks the team, sets the tactics, refuses to change said tactics and fails miserably to make effective, timely substitutions.

I fall just about short of calling for his head but I can certainly understand why some folk might.

Third in this division, having lost more games than the Huns & Falkirk combined, is simply not good enough.

Diclonius
20-03-2016, 12:24 PM
He definitely has until the end of the season. After that, the jury's out.

However, I really can't see who we can bring in to replace him without going dangerously close to the "old guard" of Scottish hoofball merchants.

Pretty Boy
20-03-2016, 12:28 PM
I have only seen a couple of people call for Stubbs to go now.

Most have pointed out that depending on how we go between now and the end of the season there may well be a discussion to be had and I struggle to disagree.

A vast, vast majority gave Stubbs the benefit of the doubt last season as there was a realisation of what he had inherited, the timescale he had to work to and the unique challenges we faced in the league. If many of the same failings costs us this year then again I fail to see how Stubbs future isn't up for debate irrespective of how bad some of his predecessors have been. I accept there are mitigating factors but the same people arguing we are tired or sttuggling with injuries now where only a few short weeks ago telling anyone who would listen we had the 4th or 5th best squad in the entire country.

A 3rd season in this league is, in footballing terms, a disaster for us. As far as I'm concerned Stubbs has however many games we have left this season to relieve the pressure on himself. Replacing him would be a risk but, in my opinion, no more so than giving him a 3rd crack at this league considering that thus far this season our performance has regressed slightly compared to last.

Silky
20-03-2016, 12:33 PM
He definitely has until the end of the season. After that, the jury's out.

However, I really can't see who we can bring in to replace him without going dangerously close to the "old guard" of Scottish hoofball merchants.

I agree. Stubbs has changed the club and we seem to be miles away from where we were, off the park at least. The thought of having to replace Stubbs does scare me, however, it seems that the style we are currently using of pissing about passing around is not working. As much as I can't stand the welt, one of the "old guard" hoof ball meechants is above us in the league. Is that the way to go? I don't know but we need something.

sleeping giant
20-03-2016, 12:36 PM
I think I have only seen one serious poster saying they wanted rid of Stubbs.

doddsy
20-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Crikey by jings. Football fans can be so fickle, just a few weeks ago the atmosphere was electric on here with so many happy hi bees. Take the good with the bad. Okay we've had a few bad games recently but Stubbsy is still the man for me, I was'nt even thinking others would want to replace him until reading some of the stuff on here. Still not as bad as the Jambos who want to get rid of Neilson when he's got them up to third in the SPL.

I hope Stubbsie is here for many a year. :gwa:

chrisski33
20-03-2016, 12:37 PM
i think we will scrape throught the play offs and get prromoted however if we dont id give stubbs til next christmas

Thecat23
20-03-2016, 12:38 PM

I've read 5 who said he should go.

sleeping giant
20-03-2016, 12:39 PM
I've read 5 who said he should go.

I did say serious posters .

ALF TUPPER
20-03-2016, 12:40 PM
Crikey by jings. Football fans can be so fickle, just a few weeks ago the atmosphere was electric on here with so many happy hi bees. Take the good with the bad. Okay we've had a few bad games recently but Stubbsy is still the man for me, I was'nt even thinking others would want to replace him until reading some of the stuff on here. Still not as bad as the Jambos who want to get rid of Neilson when he's got them up to third in the SPL.

I hope Stubbsie is here for many a year. :gwa:

This. 👍🏻

Regrettably some .netters have Stubbs on trial until the end of the season. 🙄

neil7908
20-03-2016, 12:42 PM
Absolutely needs until the end of the season but failure to gain promotion and the board should very seriously consider his future. A Scottish Cup win would also help him massively!

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2016, 12:42 PM
If we dont go up, then his time is up.

hibsboy69
20-03-2016, 12:43 PM
There was a very foolish "Should Stubbs Go" poll on Twitter last night (that I tried to get the originator to delete).

I just wanted to remind people of where we've come from very recently. Stubbs is by far the best manager we've had in recent times.

I have faith in Stubbs to rectify this worrying trend of shocking results.

Iceman1875
20-03-2016, 12:44 PM
I think he is the right man despite the last four weeks results. He has my support.

At Easter Road we play...

hibsboy69
20-03-2016, 12:44 PM

Disagree. Opinions and all that.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2016, 12:48 PM
Disagree. Opinions and all that.

No problem, i will disagree with you on him being one of the best managers we've had in recent times, until such times as he's actually got us up and challenging for Europe in the top division, all he will be is a manager who's won a few cup games and done very average in the 2nd tier of Scottish football.

neil7908
20-03-2016, 12:48 PM
This. 👍🏻

Regrettably some .netters have Stubbs on trial until the end of the season. 🙄

I desperately want Stubbs to succeed and think sacking him now would be crazy. But he's under a bit of pressure now as it's the worst run of results (taking the opposition into consideration) in my time supporting the team. We have played decent football but that has dried up recently and frankly, even at the top of our game we haven't been sweeping many teams away. We are one of the biggest teams in Scotland and our expectations should match that. 3 years (minimum) in this division is devastating for us and the longer were down here the less likely to get back up. Fans will drift away and we'll be a less attractive option for new signings. At a certain point we are no longer an SPL club in a lower league, we're a Championship team. 3 years in this division and I think we're clearly the later

neil7908
20-03-2016, 12:50 PM
I desperately want Stubbs to succeed and think sacking him now would be crazy. But he's under a bit of pressure now as it's the worst run of results (taking the opposition into consideration) in my time supporting the team. We have played decent football but that has dried up recently and frankly, even at the top of our game we haven't been sweeping many teams away. We are one of the biggest teams in Scotland and our expectations should match that. 3 years (minimum) in this division is devastating for us and the longer were down here the less likely to get back up. Fans will drift away and we'll be a less attractive option for new signings. At a certain point we are no longer an SPL club in a lower league, we're a Championship team. 3 years in this division and I think we're clearly the later

Post wasn't very clear there, we've obviously been down here 2 seasons but I'm talking if come summer we fail to get promoted and the board are considering there options

doddsy
20-03-2016, 12:52 PM

You don't mince your words Sir. I disagree but you are of course entitled to your point of view. It seems the worm turns quickly, just a few weeks ago we were riding the crest of a wave.

GreenArmyyy!
20-03-2016, 12:54 PM
To sack him now would be complete and total lunacy. Usual suspects calling for it though. If we don't get promoted or win a trophy I think it will be time for change though.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2016, 12:56 PM
You don't mince your words Sir. I disagree but you are of course entitled to your point of view. It seems the worm turns quickly, just a few weeks ago we were riding the crest of a wave.

Again, no worries. :aok:

Sergey
20-03-2016, 12:58 PM
A lot of supporters have been congratulating the club in moving forward since the appointment of Dempster and Stubbs. If I'm being brutally honest, I've not seen much improvement on the field of play since both were appointed.

Other than a few well worded press releases, the club hasn't moved forward in the best part of two seasons.

Should Stubbs go? If he can't put out a team to beat the likes of Dumbarton and Livingston then there's something wrong.

SJM
Alan has turned the club around as a positive and my concern would be the players not playing for another manager BUT if we don't go up this season, and I would sacrifice the Scottish cup Semi for this, if we don't get promoted then we would have to replace him with a manager with a track record of promotion. Stubbs, like Mowbray is a massive gamble and it's paid off in some areas apart from the main objective. I would rather have a tosser manager like Billy Davies that knows how to prepare a team to win than a nice manager who doesn't get the job done.

Jo McBride
Utterly utterly ridiculous even suggesting "getting rid of Stubbs", this concept should have no traction with Hibs fans.

If there are "fans" out there who think this is an option, they obviously haven't been going to games on a regular basis over a prolonged period of time!

Stop please stop it!!!

skipster7
20-03-2016, 12:59 PM
Im well peed off with this run and reading this MB makes it worse. It genuinely seems some posters seem to take a perverse pleasure in turning the knife. Casting up when others have got behind a manager for some snide comments and one upmanship.
**** knows what type of thrill they get from it.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2016, 01:00 PM
Alan has turned the club around as a positive and my concern would be the players not playing for another manager BUT if we don't go up this season, and I would sacrifice the Scottish cup Semi for this, if we don't get promoted then we would have to replace him with a manager with a track record of promotion. Stubbs, like Mowbray is a massive gamble and it's paid off in some areas apart from the main objective. I would rather have a tosser manager like Billy Davies that knows how to prepare a team to win than a nice manager who doesn't get the job done.

Exactly. :top marks

SJM
20-03-2016, 01:02 PM
Im well peed off with this run and reading this MB makes it worse. It genuinely seems some posters seem to take a perverse pleasure in turning the knife. Casting up when others have got behind a manager for some snide comments and one upmanship.

What about the ones that get ran down for having a worrying point of view? Are they posters any better? We are in a serious situation at the moment.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-03-2016, 01:02 PM

I would suggest that Stubbs knows that for himself. I don't envisage him ever being sacked, but more leaving on his own terms whether that means to another job or whatever.

doddsy
20-03-2016, 01:03 PM
Again, no worries. :aok:

:thumbsup: The world would be a worse place Sir without honest debate, well made arguments and point of view.

matty_f
20-03-2016, 01:03 PM
Promotion is a must, imho. If Stubbs takes us up then he can be considered a success.

However, when you consider the position if strength we are/were in in this league, if we don't go up then that is sackable, imho.

I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that Warburton at The Rangers doesn't get lavish praise because The Rangers are achieving exactly as they would expected to.

When you consider the (justified) expectations at Hibs in this league, third place is under-performing and failing to get out the league is unjustifiable.

That comes with the job. He had a free pass last season and got cut a lot of slack. Stubbs needs to be aware that his job should be on the line if we start next season in the Championship.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-03-2016, 01:05 PM
I did say serious posters .

What is the criteria for serious? Is it the poster or the opinion?

skipster7
20-03-2016, 01:08 PM
What about the ones that get ran down for having a worrying point of view? Are they posters any better? We are in a serious situation at the moment.

Dont need to remind me off that, every reason to be concerned as we need to get back on the rails quickly.
I was referring to posters who " said months ago and been proved right " repeating themselves with a wee touch of snide thrown in. I dont get it.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2016, 01:12 PM
Dont need to remind me off that, every reason to be concerned as we need to get back on the rails quickly.
I was referring to posters who " said months ago and been proved right " repeating themselves with a wee touch of snide thrown in. I dont get it.

Not seen anyone say they predicted this slump?

Baldy Foghorn
20-03-2016, 01:12 PM
I like AS but he is failing to learn from mistakes.

He seems stubborn in his approach, and has an inability to change the game when we are trailing. I got slated for questioning his tactics after the defeat in December to Derhun, saying he had no plan B. I really think 4 straight defeats in this league is unacceptable, and AS will know this too. The pressure is own for sure, but you have to blame those at Club that allowed us to sleep walk into relegation.....

DH1875
20-03-2016, 01:16 PM
Who has actually come out and said we should sack him just now :confused: That is just mental. Finish 3rd or 4th in this division and fail to win promotion then we can talk about sacking him but not just now. FFS, what happens if we win promotion and the Scottish cup.

SJM
20-03-2016, 01:18 PM

I haven't been on here long but I would turn that round and say it's not snide comments and say it's more of a bitchy comment from people who are genuinely hurting at the moment at what is we are staring 3 seasons at least in the lower echelons of Scottish football whilst paying (and I don't mind) top league prices and have patience of saints.

marinello59
20-03-2016, 01:24 PM
I like AS but he is failing to learn from mistakes.

He seems stubborn in his approach, and has an inability to change the game when we are trailing. I got slated for questioning his tactics after the defeat in December to Derhun, saying he had no plan B. I really think 4 straight defeats in this league is unacceptable, and AS will know this too. The pressure is own for sure, but you have to blame those at Club that allowed us to sleep walk into relegation.....

:agree:
This will be the first period of sustained criticism from the support he has had to face. It's in his hands though, now we will see if the is he real deal or not. I hope I am feeling pretty stupid about doubting him by the end of the season.

hibsboy69
20-03-2016, 01:28 PM
Who has actually come out and said we should sack him just now :confused: That is just mental. Finish 3rd or 4th in this division and fail to win promotion then we can talk about sacking him but not just now. FFS, what happens if we win promotion and the Scottish cup.

As I said earlier, some ridiculous Twitter poll that a clown put up last night.

In Stubbsy We Trust.

SJM
20-03-2016, 01:34 PM
As I said earlier, some ridiculous Twitter poll that a clown put up last night.

In Stubbsy We Trust.

Blind trust.

In Stubbsy we hope.

Waxy
20-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Can we stubb out this talk of sackings please.Nowhere near that.

andyf5
20-03-2016, 01:41 PM
A lot of supporters have been congratulating the club in moving forward since the appointment of Dempster and Stubbs. If I'm being brutally honest, I've not seen much improvement on the field of play since both were appointed.

Other than a few well worded press releases, the club hasn't moved forward in the best part of two seasons.

Should Stubbs go? If he can't put out a team to beat the likes of Dumbarton and Livingston then there's something wrong.

Do you think that stubbs football is no improvement on Butchers? When is the last time we got to 2 semi-finals? How many players signed would you not have? There has been a big improvement imho. But I agree our recent form is worrying and even before that we were winning by one goal.

Tapes99
20-03-2016, 01:46 PM
I'll judge him at the end of the season. One thing he has over his predecessors is his eye for a player. I think most folk would be happy with the players we've signed if we were still a premier/ship side.

SJM
20-03-2016, 01:48 PM
I'll judge him at the end of the season. One thing he has over his predecessors is his eye for a player. I think most folk would be happy with the players we've signed if we were still a premier/ship side.

Apart from the goalie. Why we didn't give a shot to Cerny still baffles me. Oxley is mince, everyone can see it, he's a bottler too. Why have we not got an experienced dude in goals? Hearts signed Alexander who has been there done that we loan a flop from Hull who has cost us massively over the past two years.

marinello59
20-03-2016, 01:55 PM
Apart from the goalie. Why we didn't give a shot to Cerny still baffles me. Oxley is mince, everyone can see it, he's a bottler too. Why have we not got an experienced dude in goals? Hearts signed Alexander who has been there done that we loan a flop from Hull who has cost us massively over the past two years.

Geezus. Oxley is nowhere near perfect but that really is a tad OTT.

GreenOnions
20-03-2016, 01:55 PM

Obviously after recent results it's the most difficult of times to look at things positively but, Sergey, do you seriously consider that you haven't seen much improvement on or off the pitch?

Yes - I accept that we need to get promotion for the season to be considered a success but we're still in a position from which we ought to be able to achieve that despite the serious setbacks we've had recently.

Your point though appears to be a more general one about overall progress to date. I think we are all maybe a bit guilty of having short memories.

SJM
20-03-2016, 01:56 PM
Geezus. Oxley is nowhere near perfect but that really is a tad OTT.

I don't think so. He's god awful. And that's in a league that's not even the best in the country.

Tapes99
20-03-2016, 01:58 PM

I'll give you the goalie ain't great. I didn't think Williams was great either and he's the best we've had in years, but to pin everything on the goalie over 2 years in ludicrous. I only care what Hearts are doing when we're playing them.

The only other option is playing an untried youngster in goals. That's down to the manager.

He'll receive my FULL backing until the end of the season and we'll go from there.

coldingham hibs
20-03-2016, 01:58 PM
2 years in the championship and not a single development player deemed good enough to cover any player in the squad. What happened to the back up plan?.

GlasgowHibee
20-03-2016, 02:09 PM
Promotion is a must, imho. If Stubbs takes us up then he can be considered a success.

However, when you consider the position if strength we are/were in in this league, if we don't go up then that is sackable, imho.

I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that Warburton at The Rangers doesn't get lavish praise because The Rangers are achieving exactly as they would expected to.

When you consider the (justified) expectations at Hibs in this league, third place is under-performing and failing to get out the league is unjustifiable.

That comes with the job. He had a free pass last season and got cut a lot of slack. Stubbs needs to be aware that his job should be on the line if we start next season in the Championship.

Good post, sums up my opinion perfectly.

Stubbs has been backed better than any Hibs manager in recent years, I think I read in an article that he's brought in 39 players since he took over. If we don't go up after 2 seasons then it's simply not good enough and his position must be assessed.

Hermit Crab
20-03-2016, 02:10 PM

No posted the MB I've not...

SJM
20-03-2016, 02:14 PM
I'll give you the goalie ain't great. I didn't think Williams was great either and he's the best we've had in years, but to pin everything on the goalie over 2 years in ludicrous. I only care what Hearts are doing when we're playing them.

The only other option is playing an untried youngster in goals. That's down to the manager.

He'll receive my FULL backing until the end of the season and we'll go from there.

I didn't blame it all on Oxley, who I was desperate to do well. I was replying to the eye for a player post. Why didn't the old Inverness goalie get a shot? Why didn't Cerny? The manager puts his faith and trust in players and nothing changes. He's ruthless with others like Forster, Handling, Harris and Stanton which is fair enough but at least be consistent.

highland hibbee
20-03-2016, 02:18 PM
Do you think that stubbs football is no improvement on Butchers? When is the last time we got to 2 semi-finals? How many players signed would you not have? There has been a big improvement imho. But I agree our recent form is worrying and even before that we were winning by one goal.

Personally, i take another season in the Championship, IF we were to go up next season as Champions AND not be struggling in the Bottom half of the Premiership. I know our results have been good against Premiership teams, but I think we are some way off being genuine top 6 challengers. What would be total disaster would be promotion via the playoffs then a poor season up top with the threat of relegation. We need to go up and stay up. Right now we are short of the quality needed for a sustained period in the Premiership. As Dumbarton, Morton, RR, QOS have proven.

Tapes99
20-03-2016, 02:19 PM
I didn't blame it all on Oxley, who I was desperate to do well. I was replying to the eye for a player post. Why didn't the old Inverness goalie get a shot? Why didn't Cerny? The manager puts his faith and trust in players and nothing changes. He's ruthless with others like Forster, Handling, Harris and Stanton which is fair enough but at least be consistent.
Sorry, you're right. You called him a bottler and say he's cost us massively. So almost everything. He appears to be the best we've got so he'll have to do until the end of the season.

He's not the only player that makes mistakes every couple of weeks.

SJM
20-03-2016, 02:22 PM
Sorry, you're right. You called him a bottler and say he's cost us massively. So almost everything. He appears to be the best we've got so he'll have to do until the end of the season.

He's not the only player that makes mistakes every couple of weeks.

He is a bottler and he has cost us massively and yes we have him until the end of the season, have I any confidence in him at all? No.

When was the last time you came away from a game saying " that keeper had a good game"?? He's rubbish.

Lago
20-03-2016, 02:23 PM
Not seen anyone say they predicted this slump?
Don't think anyone saw this coming, certainly not Stubbs and that is part of the problem he only saw it for what it is too late.

Tapes99
20-03-2016, 02:32 PM
He is a bottler and he has cost us massively and yes we have him until the end of the season, have I any confidence in him at all? No.

When was the last time you came away from a game saying " that keeper had a good game"?? He's rubbish.
No need to repeat yourself.

I wasn't at the game last night but he's been ok in the last few games I've been to. Admittedly, he's not a "good" goalkeeper, but who would you swap him for in the championship?

hibsboy69
20-03-2016, 02:35 PM

Not wishing to sound like an "uber fan" but do you go to the games?

The football under Stubbs is FAR better than anything that was on offer under the last 4 managers.

fulshie
20-03-2016, 02:36 PM
Everyone Hibs supporter is entitled to their opinion on Stubbs, mines is that he has been a breath of fresh air and I still believe he'll take us up. if not, I'd still stick with him as I believe he is building us a good future. To those who think he should go well.......maybe your better supporting a team in South America or somewhere like that. Its all about opinions though eh!

Pretty Boy
20-03-2016, 02:42 PM
Everyone Hibs supporter is entitled to their opinion on Stubbs, mines is that he has been a breath of fresh air and I still believe he'll take us up. if not, I'd still stick with him as I believe he is building us a good future. To those who think he should go well.......maybe your better supporting a team in South America or somewhere like that. Its all about opinions though eh!

Everyones entitiled to their opinion but I'll tell the ones who disagree with mine to go and support another club....

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2016, 02:46 PM
Come on the Boca.

Pretty Boy
20-03-2016, 02:46 PM
Come on the Boca.

Schelotto out!

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2016, 02:48 PM
Schelotto out!

:greengrin I will pretend i know who he is. :wink:

SJM
20-03-2016, 02:54 PM

I wasn't at the game last night but he's been ok in the last few games I've been to. Admittedly, he's not a "good" goalkeeper, but who would you swap him for in the championship?

He's not been "ok" at all. What's he done that was "ok"? Falkirk goalie and Rangers goalie to begin with. Every single one in the top league too. Off subject anyway so I'm done here. He's pish and breeds no confidence in the side.

superfurryhibby
20-03-2016, 02:55 PM
Anyone thinking that another season in this league is in any way acceptable is clearly delusional. The financial implications should make you shudder. IMO season tickets sales would plummet, maybe to half of what we have now? I reckon another season of this turgid league would also hasten the departure of any player with ambition and a bit of savvy. If Dundee Utd come down then we will most likely face a club with some significant level of investment and a manager who appears to have them on the right track.

My question is this, what has this seasons roller coaster done to offer any real confidence that Stubbs has the acumen to take this team up? For every positive there is a negative. Even with all the factors like additional games, tactical inflexibility, too much loyalty to out of form players etc, we surely have enough quality and depth of squad to despatch the teams who have beaten us in recent weeks?

Ask yourself is someone like Stuart McCall or Billy Davies would have got more from the same group, I cannae help thinking they would have.

Failure is not an option for Stubbs and for Hibs, promotion or bust.

What a ****ing farce this has become, absolutely bewildering.

Tapes99
20-03-2016, 03:00 PM
He's not been "ok" at all. What's he done that was "ok"? Falkirk goalie and Rangers goalie to begin with. Every single one in the top league too. Off subject anyway so I'm done here. He's pish and breeds no confidence in the side.

I thought he was ok in the cup final, first caley match and the derby replay, ok as in performance wise. You clearly disagree.

SON OF PADDY
20-03-2016, 03:01 PM

I'm with you brother. GGTTH

Waxy
20-03-2016, 03:02 PM
Alot of folk saying another year in the championship is unacceptable, but we knew at the start of the season we'd most likely be in the playoffs due to rangers far bigger budget.

Pretty Boy
20-03-2016, 03:06 PM
Alot of folk saying another year in the championship is unacceptable, but we knew at the start of the season we'd most likely be in the playoffs due to rangers far bigger budget.

I think most expected us to be a bit closer to them than we were Hearts last season and to be a clear 2nd. To, as it stands, show no improvement in terms of points gained or goals scored is the disappointing part.

If we sort ourselves out and lose out in the play off final Stubbs will likely retain enough support to get another go. If we finish lower than 2nd and don't make that final there will be serious questions asked.

sleeping giant
20-03-2016, 03:08 PM

That's an excellent point and it works for both sides of the argument .
It get boring rather quickly when the same folk say the same thing over and over and over again.

Everyone has opinions on this and rightly so.

I think some people (including me) sat through the Butcher collapse and don't have that same patience this time.

No matter what anyone thinks of Stubbs , we are not in a good position and we are going to have no momentum going into the run in.

Sad state of affairs

superfurryhibby
20-03-2016, 03:08 PM

Mmm, size of budget isn't everything. Just ask Dumbarton, Raith Rovers, QoS etc, etc.

I think the minimum expectation was that we would push the Hun all the way.

I would also add that I'm not seeing much evidence for people pleasuring themselves over the results. I think we all love the Hibs in our own way and that patience has been stretched too far in recent weeks. Blind faith is not that clever either. It's a fans message board, what else would you reasonable expect in the circumstances?

Waxy
20-03-2016, 03:16 PM
Mmm, size of budget isn't everything. Just ask Dumbarton, Raith Rovers, QoS etc, etc.

I think the minimum expectation was that we would push the Hun all the way.

I would also add that I'm not seeing much evidence for people pleasuring themselves over the results. I think we all love the Hibs in our own way and that patience has been stretched too far in recent weeks. Blind faith is not that clever either. It's a fans message board, what else would you reasonable expect in the circumstances?It's not really blind faith though is it? We've seen enough really good performances against top league sides in the cup to see we have a cracking squad who can play.Have'nt a clue whats happened in the last bunch of league games but we need to change something.Formation?

Big L
20-03-2016, 03:18 PM

The answer to that question is never!! I've been saying the laddie is not good enough since the Dumbarton game last season and I believe the defence has lost confidence because of him.

Hi Heid Yin
20-03-2016, 03:28 PM
We are in freefall in the league in terms of results.
This is unacceptable at any time of the season, but at the business end we should be in overdrive and putting teams away who are at best mediocre and who in some cases have nothing to fight for.
This said, I am a Stubbs man and supporter, and at this moment in time I feel I have no choice but to trust in him getting it right on the pitch.
He knows he is up against it now and he knows that his ratings have plummeted in some quarters, especially among our support.
The pressure on him has increased ten fold this past month.
I will reserve judgment until the dust has settled on this roller-coaster of a season.
Right now, he could still be an immortal Hibs manager.

Andy74
20-03-2016, 03:32 PM

Pat Fenlon got to two Scottish Cup finals, once he took us clear of relegation where Calderwood left us, we were generally top six until we had a couple of refereeing decisions that seen us ending up 7th.

We were fifth in top league when he was forced to resign.

Can anyone talk me through what Stubbs has achieved that makes him so different that such talk is ridiculous?

Losing 4 in a row in the championship, sitting in 3rd. Never been top in 2 years. Fenlon even had us top of the SPL at one point.

I wouldn't sack him right now but I don't get why it would be crazy for people to suggest such a thing.

superfurryhibby
20-03-2016, 03:35 PM
It's not really blind faith though is it? We've seen enough really good performances against top league sides in the cup to see we have a cracking squad who can play.Have'nt a clue whats happened in the last bunch of league games but we need to change something.Formation?

The ability to beat the SPL teams is the redeeming factor and that's what makes it all the more frustrating for people. My blind faith comment was more aimed at folk who struggle to tolerate debate or criticism and not you Waxy.

Budget is linked to the size of our club and it's fair to say that we've probably always spent more than most of our competitors when in the SPL, that hasn't stopped us being largely ***** under previous manager in the time since Collins bolted and regularly out performed by sides who have way less than us. Whilst I thought the HUn would improve, I was also rather pleased that they didn't appoint McCall to the post. However Warburton has done everything required of him and has shown himself to have been the right man for the,.

To be a fly on the wall at the CEO debrief with Stubbs right now. Surely they must talk about results and responses to them? What can Stubbs reasonably say in defence of what is happening and how does he explain the recent debacle? I wonder if he would recognise that the issues we have highlighted on here contribute or is he so utterly convinced that there can be no deviation from his chosen way?

Gerard
20-03-2016, 03:35 PM
Pat Fenlon got to two Scottish Cup finals, once he took us clear of relegation where Calderwood left us, we were generally top six until we had a couple of refereeing decisions that seen us ending up 7th.

Can anyone talk me through what Stubbs has achieved that makes him so different that such talk is ridiculous?

Losing 4 in a row in the championship, sitting in 3rd. Never been top in 2 years. Fenlon even had us top of the SPL at one point.

I wouldn't sack him right now but I don't get why it would be crazy for people to suggest such a thing.
If a vacancy for HC and MT should arise who would we be able to attract to come to Hibs?

Thecat23
20-03-2016, 03:38 PM

He wasn't forced to do anything. His choice after saying its to big a job. There was no pitch forks Andy and anyone who watched us the ones that were still coming (not many) were seeing the worst brand of football at ER in a while.

Hiber-nation
20-03-2016, 03:39 PM

The football being played under Fenlon was enough to make you greet. 0-7 v Malmo? 1-5? He made some of the worst signings of any Hibs manager and I was delighted the day he left.

matty_f
20-03-2016, 03:41 PM
If a vacancy for HC and MT should arise who would we be able to attract to come to Hibs?

Loads of people. Hibs is a great club and a great job for whoever gets it.

SJM
20-03-2016, 03:41 PM

Billy Davies
Malky McKay
Tommy Wright
Steve Lomas
Jim McIntyre
GJP

There will be plenty, plenty other managers out of work down South with ambitions to take us back to the top table.

I'm not saying for one minute sack Stubbs now because the team do play for him but there is alternatives big time.

Gerard
20-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Loads of people. Hibs is a great club and a great job for whoever gets it.
Can you name any of these people

matty_f
20-03-2016, 03:42 PM
The football being played under Fenlon was enough to make you greet. 0-7 v Malmo? 1-5? He made some of the worst signings of any Hibs manager and I was delighted the day he left.

0-7 v Malmo in European competition, or 2-6 v the Rangers, 0-3 v Morton in the Championship - each as embarrassing as the other imho.

matty_f
20-03-2016, 03:43 PM

I think they will already have names.

SJM
20-03-2016, 03:43 PM
He wasn't forced to do anything. His choice after saying its to big a job. There was no pitch forks Andy and anyone who watched us the ones that were still coming (not many) were seeing the worst brand of football at ER in a while.

To be honest Cat there was pitch forks when we lost to Hearts in the cup and rightly so. Hindsight shows its put us back seasons but there was protests and everything that night although we played well and lost by a fluke.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2016, 03:44 PM

Can you remind me again like you did before, when you said once our infrastructure is finished, we will be a good side playing in the top flight challenging for Europe.

Once the foundations are built, theres nothing to stop us you said.

Kojock
20-03-2016, 03:45 PM

Be careful of what you wish for.

superfurryhibby
20-03-2016, 03:45 PM
Billy Davies
Malky McKay
Tommy Wright
Steve Lomas
Jim McIntyre
GJP

There will be plenty, plenty other managers out of work down South with ambitions to take us back to the top table.

I'm not saying for one minute sack Stubbs now because the team do play for him but there is alternatives big time.

Add Stuart McCall and Owen Coyle. Maybe even Jimmy Calderwood:greengrin

There are always managers who can be attracted to a club with the resources and potential of Hibs, question is would anyone else have got more from what we already know to be a pretty high quality squad?

Andy74
20-03-2016, 03:46 PM
0-7 v Malmo in European competition, or 2-6 v the Rangers, 0-3 v Morton in the Championship - each as embarrassing as the other imho.

Of course, but just depends if you like the guy or not what slant you put on it!

Chuck in losing twice in the same season to part time Dumbarton, losing 4 in a row in the Championship.

Andy74
20-03-2016, 03:47 PM
To be honest Cat there was pitch forks when we lost to Hearts in the cup and rightly so. Hindsight shows its put us back seasons but there was protests and everything that night although we played well and lost by a fluke.

He also didn't say it was too big a job at all. His comments were more in relation to the views of the fans expectations.

SJM
20-03-2016, 03:49 PM
Add Stuart McCall and Owen Coyle. Maybe even Jimmy Calderwood:greengrin

There are always managers who can be attracted to a club with the resources and potential of Hibs, question is would anyone else have got more from what we already know to be a pretty high quality squad?

Correct.

I'm not sure about the more out them comment though, it genuinely seems we are dead on our feet at this stage of the season. Which is a massive massive problem. Especially when we are looking at 6 games in these playoffs if we get that far and to get up and a club of our size and resources it's completely not good enough.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2016, 03:52 PM
Be careful of what you wish for.

Only really have one wish Kojock, and that promotion this season.

SJM
20-03-2016, 03:52 PM
He also didn't say it was too big a job at all. His comments were more in relation to the views of the fans expectations.

The support should expect more than a lot of the stuff Pat brought to the table to be honest. None of us expected debating this on a Sunday after losing to Raith on a Sunday afternoon being six points behind Falkirk who are second in our second year in this division to be honest. If you could turn back time I would keep Fenlon until the following summer but it was AGM Petrie time and the rest is history.

3pm
20-03-2016, 03:53 PM
Of course, but just depends if you like the guy or not what slant you put on it!

Chuck in losing twice in the same season to part time Dumbarton, losing 4 in a row in the Championship.

Exactly. Throw in Fenlon losing 2-0 to QOTS (third tier at the time) in the first cup game since the Hearts cup final and that is a different slant on things.

Leith Green
20-03-2016, 03:54 PM
i think we will scrape throught the play offs and get prromoted however if we dont id give stubbs til next christmas

Thats where i stand too .. He failed to get promotion first time around in difficult circumstances. If he failed this season then id give him one chance next season with the play offs deemed unacceptable. Next season we have to win the league anything else is deemed unacceptable

Leith Green
20-03-2016, 03:58 PM

I disagree. We had stolen a march on Rangers as we had a years preperation whilst Rangers were building from scratch (same as us a year earlier) .. I expected us to win the league this season or for a fight to the end. As i said earlier Stubbs gets one shot next season if we dont get promotion this season

superfurryhibby
20-03-2016, 03:59 PM
Correct.

I'm not sure about the more out them comment though, it genuinely seems we are dead on our feet at this stage of the season. Which is a massive massive problem. Especially when we are looking at 6 games in these playoffs if we get that far and to get up and a club of our size and resources it's completely not good enough.

We have played 40 matches this season, the Hun have played 38? Perhaps not as many with the same intensity, but still games of football. Successful teams have lengthy fixture lists, I might be right in saying this can amount to 60+ games in a season.

Hiber-nation
20-03-2016, 03:59 PM

In these Fenlon games we were lucky not to have been beaten more heavily. These were grim times, the football was horrendous with Griffiths bailing us out on a weekly basis. I had a right go at Stubbs last week for not changing things in the 2nd half of the final and I'm far from happy but we still have time on our hands this season.

SJM
20-03-2016, 04:06 PM
We have played 40 matches this season, the Hun have played 38? Perhaps not as many with the same intensity, but still games of football. Successful teams have lengthy fixture lists, I might be right in saying this can amount to 60+ games in a season.

I agree. There something up that our players are goosed at this stage. Even sitting up at Inverness on weds it was like Ross County, the first match against Calley, Hearts at home and the Morton collapse all over again God knows why they are so unfit.

Thecat23
20-03-2016, 04:07 PM

Hibs were very good for 20 mins that night then sadly folded. I mind a few folk outside the main stand. But he was on his last legs by then and knew he had to go.

The fact he said it himself seems to be completely ignored by some.

Edit... Here is the statement from Pat.

Manager Pat Fenlon has resigned from his post at Hibernian, saying it was "100% my decision".

"It's a difficult decision for me, but it's the right decision," said the 44-year-old, who took over two years ago.

"I think a lot of the negativity is towards me at the moment, so if I take myself out of the firing line it will help everybody else."

Pressure mounted on Fenlon following in the Scottish League Cup.

There was a small fans' protest after Hibs' second Edinburgh derby loss this season but the Irishman insists he had made up his mind to step down following last Saturday's loss to Aberdeen.

"I had no problem with the supporters on Wednesday," he explained. "I felt as bad as them.

SJM
20-03-2016, 04:11 PM
Hibs were very good for 20 mins that night then sadly folded. I mind a few folk outside the main stand. But he was on his last legs by then and knew he had to go.

The fact he said it himself seems to be completely ignored by some.

We went flat when they sucker punched us but up until then we had about 6 amazing chances and worldies from their keeper, who again is 10x better then Oxley. Agree he had to go though, wrong timing with the wrong man though. Butcher was a **** but if he kept us up he would have brought in his own players to play for him what he done with his squad of players there's no doubt we went down.

Gerard
20-03-2016, 04:25 PM
Can you remind me again like you did before, when you said once our infrastructure is finished, we will be a good side playing in the top flight challenging for Europe.

Once the foundations are built, theres nothing to stop us you said.
Very good points perhaps I should have added that a capable HC and MT is also required to achieve the targets mentioned above.

sleeping giant
20-03-2016, 04:28 PM
Very good points perhaps I should have added that a capable HC and MT is also required to achieve the targets mentioned above.

Whats an MT ?
I assume HC is head coach but can't fathom what MT is.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2016, 04:29 PM
Whats an MT ?

Mother Teresa.

Gerard
20-03-2016, 04:33 PM
Whats an MT ?

Management team

matty_f
In these Fenlon games we were lucky not to have been beaten more heavily. These were grim times, the football was horrendous with Griffiths bailing us out on a weekly basis. I had a right go at Stubbs last week for not changing things in the 2nd half of the final and I'm far from happy but we still have time on our hands this season.

Morton could have taken 5 off us the other week. I'm not sure why I'm sticking up for Fenlon, it was right that he went, I suppose I just don't get how one manager gets no slack whatsoever for bad results, while another gets off almost scot-free.

sleeping giant
Management team

Oops.

Cheers

SJM
20-03-2016, 04:35 PM
Mother Teresa.

Not sure how good Le Gods maw is at football management but I'm guessing she would be better than Calderwood.

Sudds_1
20-03-2016, 04:39 PM

if he's reading half the sheite on this thread I wouldn't blame him for packing his bags and leaving. Consider the absolute car crash he inherited.....consider how he has changed the players attitude to one of determination rather than capitulation (a feature of may hibs sides of the past)....consider where STILL are and what we have yet to play for.

Its obvious from his interview post RR that he's as angry at his players as some on here appear to be of him. OK, he hasn't got it right 100% all the time - who does? - and he's still learning. But from his manner, words and body language I think we will see changes. The man is committed to the job - and hibs - and thus far is proving much better than his "illustrious" predecessors.

But hey, lets sack him.......its the Hibs way!

..... jeezo, some on here need a reality check !

Kojock
20-03-2016, 04:42 PM
Only really have one wish Kojock, and that promotion this season.

Likewise, but even if we don't go up I still think he deserves one more crack at it.

SJM
20-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Likewise, but even if we don't go up I still think he deserves one more crack at it.

Why? Can the club as a whole afford for us to fail again?

hibsbollah
20-03-2016, 04:54 PM
I really fear for someone making a hasty decision to remove Stubbs and replacing him with a Jimmy Calderwood type character in an attempt to get a 'safe pair of hands' in. I'm Hibs for life, which means I want to see a project to develop the whole club five ten years in the future. I think Stubbs can start that process off.

heretoday
20-03-2016, 04:57 PM
We definitely do NOT want to get rid of Stubbs. Madness.:confused:

superfurryhibby
20-03-2016, 04:58 PM
if he's reading half the sheite on this thread I wouldn't blame him for packing his bags and leaving. Consider the absolute car crash he inherited.....consider how he has changed the players attitude to one of determination rather than capitulation (a feature of may hibs sides of the past)....consider where STILL are and what we have yet to play for.

Its obvious from his interview post RR that he's as angry at his players as some on here appear to be of him. OK, he hasn't got it right 100% all the time - who does? - and he's still learning. But from his manner, words and body language I think we will see changes. The man is committed to the job - and hibs - and thus far is proving much better than his "illustrious" predecessors.

But hey, lets sack him.......its the Hibs way!

..... jeezo, some on here need a reality check !

If reading Tom Kite on here is enough to undermine a man of such certainty as Stubbs then he would deserve to depart.

Managers commitment are about as strong as the incentives in front of them. We all accept that Hibs are a stepping stone is a reality for any manager who has a level of success at this club. My guess is that Stubbs would take any suitable post, f it advanced his career and family life, why wouldn't he?
That comes hand in hand with last knowing that poor results lead to dismissal, it cuts both ways. Stubbs is no more loyal or committed than any other manager. Nice guy, I'm sure and probably a joy for the players, especially the ones he favours.

Kojock
20-03-2016, 05:13 PM
Why? Can the club as a whole afford for us to fail again?

I would say yes given the income from the cup runs, but then again I'm no financial expert.

superfurryhibby
20-03-2016, 05:14 PM
I would say yes given the income from the cup runs, but then again I'm no financial expert.

There is way more to failure than money.

heretoday
20-03-2016, 05:16 PM
If reading Tom Kite on here is enough to undermine a man of such certainty as Stubbs then he would deserve to depart.

Managers commitment are about as strong as the incentives in front of them. We all accept that Hibs are a stepping stone is a reality for any manager who has a level of success at this club. My guess is that Stubbs would take any suitable post, f it advanced his career and family life, why wouldn't he?
That comes hand in hand with last knowing that poor results lead to dismissal, it cuts both ways. Stubbs is no more loyal or committed than any other manager. Nice guy, I'm sure and probably a joy for the players, especially the ones he favours.

I like what you say but I can't help thinking Stubbs would stay on if we failed to gain promotion. It's just a feeling.

I heard Pat Nevin talking nonsense before the final about AS being a target for Everton. There is absolutely no chance of his getting that job right now whatever happens at Hibs.

He would be more likely to be heading for a sleeping giant at the foot of the English Championship.

The nightmare scene would be his going to Celtic to replace Deila.

Hiber-nation
20-03-2016, 05:18 PM
Morton could have taken 5 off us the other week. I'm not sure why I'm sticking up for Fenlon, it was right that he went, I suppose I just don't get how one manager gets no slack whatsoever for bad results, while another gets off almost scot-free.

He's getting slaughtered!

superfurryhibby
20-03-2016, 05:23 PM
He's getting slaughtered!

Not really.

Questions being asked, frustrations being vented. The vast majority of criticism is within the remits of acceptable reality. Pretty much to be expected. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that Stubbs has just enough goodwill in the bank left to stop the criticism getting too vitriolic. Compared to the volleys aimed at the last four incumbents, including Yogi, I'd say it's all within th boundaries of decency.

Kojock
20-03-2016, 05:25 PM
There is way more to failure than money.

Like what ??

Waxy
20-03-2016, 05:30 PM
Not really.

Questions being asked, frustrations being vented. The vast majority of criticism is within the remits of acceptable reality. Pretty much to be expected. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that Stubbs has just enough goodwill in the bank left to stop the criticism getting too vitriolic. Compared to the volleys aimed at the last four incumbents, including Yogi, I'd say it's all within th boundaries of decency.I'd go as far to say say the scales of goodwill are still well stacked in Stubbs favor.The immediate aftermath of a poor result is something to behold on Hibs.net.Its pretty horrific but you cant help look.

Sudds_1
20-03-2016, 05:30 PM

hmm..........slight misundstanding think. didn't say he was committed to Hibs for ever,,,,,,,,,,just to the job and club at present. He's made no secret of his long term ambitions, and I'd expect that of any good promising manager. But fo now he's with us....committed to the task, and deserving of everyone's support.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-03-2016, 05:38 PM
I'd go as far to say say the scales of goodwill are still well stacked in Stubbs favor.The immediate aftermath of a poor result is something to behold on Hibs.net.Its pretty horrific but you cant help look.

Missed the point that there has been plenty to look at over the last few weeks.

Keith_M
20-03-2016, 05:40 PM
I really want to like Stubbs but admit to being really disappointed with him ATM.

The sad thing is that I don't see replacing him as a good option, given our recent history of disastrous appointments.

Thecat23
20-03-2016, 05:42 PM
I really want to like Stubbs but admit to being really disappointed with him ATM.

The sad thing is that I don't see replacing him as a good option, given our recent history of disastrous appointments.

Think this is where a lot of us are. We know he can do better and some things he does or doesn't do frustrates us but to get rid of him for me is crazy.

Waxy
20-03-2016, 05:44 PM
Missed the point that there has been plenty to look at over the last few weeks.Indeed but some cup results have made it a rollercoaster on here.

familyman
20-03-2016, 05:44 PM
Alan is a decent guy who is LEARNING his management craft and has made mistakes....who has not?Should we have made an appointment for a new first time manager ...I think yes myself and personally will hate to see him fail..but then I hate seeing any Hibs manager fail.
I do often feel he does not change tactics when it is needed and that his substitutions are often far to late to be effective, so yes as I said he is learning.It is tricky to stay in a job and be loyal to failing players though and he will be aware of that. I am sure his TRUST IN THE PLAYERS SPEECH will not be heard so often!!!!!
We have been through the mill and so I and everyone else is frustrated by the latest so called strength in depth. Molonga gone..a mistake yes but what about the rest?
We need to gain promotion if not then we will have achieved NOTHING at all sadly.
Bottom line it is a game for winners and how many decent men have we seen get the heave for poor performances..as they pick and select the players.
I expect Hibs to win every game at least 3-0 that seems unrealistic now...
If we do not gain promotion then he will have failed albeit a sad situation which I really hope does not materialise BUT IT IS A JOB and like all jobs success counts .
NOW more than ever we the fans, THE PLAYERS and Management team need to step up to the mark EVERY GAME without exception...THEY ALL MATTER!

I understand we are all suffering at the moment and 4 losses on the trot in this pishy league is unacceptable.

However please think back to where we've been :-

Williamson
Calderwood
Fenlon
Butcher

The players have let themselves and Stubbsy down badly recently with dreadful individual mistakes. Sometimes a manager cannot legislate for that. Seeing his interview last night I think Stubbs will address this by making needed changes.

Don't get me wrong, the players and manager deserve flak (they've had plenty praise after all). However We need to all stick together.

In Stubbsy We Trust

HIBS TILL WE DIE

Cheshire Hibby
20-03-2016, 05:49 PM
I'm Hibs for life, which means I want to see a project to develop the whole club five ten years in the future. I think Stubbs can start that process off.

For what it's worth I am with this approach. Too many poor managers in recent years IMO. Mr Stubbs has, on the whole, built a squad that is so much better than we've had for some time and restored hope and faith in many supporters, me included.

He still has the vast majority of the support behind him and for once I believe the manager and these players really want to bring the success we all want; promotion and cup success.

The 4 consecutive league defeats have blunted/tainted what has been, so far, a better season and fellow Hibees on here are right to be annoyed, but it's not over yet. I know injuries to players have impacted these results, nevertheless, our squad should have coped. Right now I expect Mr Stubbs to earn his corn and get us back on track in the next match and I expect the available players to shoulder their responsibility and do their bit.

I am keeping faith.

basehibby
20-03-2016, 05:55 PM
Utterly utterly ridiculous even suggesting "getting rid of Stubbs", this concept should have no traction with Hibs fans.

If there are "fans" out there who think this is an option, they obviously haven't been going to games on a regular basis over a prolonged period of time!

Stop please stop it!!!

Totally agree - this board i sswamped with wrist slitting ****ing idiots sometimes

Viva_Palmeiras
20-03-2016, 05:57 PM

G - whilst entitled to an opinion, I'm not too sure how many times he's been able to make it to ER. I've not managed along as often as I'd have liked for a number of reasons but for folks to say that Alan and Leeann have made little difference are doing it from an odd perspective. The feel good factor and taking pride in your team once again has been present (we were light years away from this since early on in Yogis tenure).

Kojock
20-03-2016, 05:57 PM
I can get my hands on a banner that says, NO STYLE NO BOTTLE NEILSON OUT, all we have to do is paint out Neilson and replace it with Stubbs. Anybody know where I can hire an aeroplane ??

Viva_Palmeiras
20-03-2016, 06:25 PM

G - whilst entitled to an opinion, I'm not too sure how many times he's been able to make it to ER. I've not managed along as often as I'd have liked for a number of reasons but for folks to say that Alan and Leeann have made little difference are doing it from an odd perspective. The feel good factor and taking pride in your team once again has been present (we were light years away from this since early on in Yogis tenure).

KWJ
20-03-2016, 06:28 PM
This could be a very humorous thread to look back on in a couple of decades should he go onto win the Cup. Whatever else happens be it another few years in Div 1 or we win playoffs and do well in Europe. A Cup winning Stubbs would be a long term legend.

Hibernia&Alba
20-03-2016, 06:36 PM
We don't need this discussion until the end of the season, IMO. We have no idea what will happen in the play offs and we still have the Scottish Cup to play for; all this after already reaching a cup final. I support Stubbs and think there's a good chance we look back on the last four league results as a bump in the road, but, if we fail on all fronts, there's a valid discussion to be had, and I accept that.

For now I'm not pressing the panic button, but nor am I saying the past four results are acceptable. I think we have a good young manager who is making mistakes, who will continue to make mistakes as he goes along, but who I believe has excellent potential. When the season is finished we'll be in a proper position to make a judgement call.

FranckSuzy
20-03-2016, 06:42 PM
I can only hope some of the posts on this thread can be attributed to Keekback being down or something. There's having an informed opinion and there's talking absolute merde.

Baldy Foghorn
20-03-2016, 06:43 PM
We don't need this discussion until the end of the season, IMO. We have no idea what will happen in the play offs and we still have the Scottish Cup to play for; all this after already reaching a cup final. I support Stubbs and think there's a good chance we look back on the last four league results as a bump in the road, but, if we fail on all fronts, there's a valid discussion to be had, and I accept that.

For now I'm not pressing the panic button, but nor am I saying the past four results are acceptable. I think we have a good young manager who is making mistakes, who will continue to make mistakes as he goes along, but who I believe has excellent potential. When the season is finished we'll be in a proper position to make a judgement call.

Reasoned post:aok:

eastcoasthibby
20-03-2016, 07:04 PM
I am not up for Stubbs to go, however I have to question if he is learning his trade as a manager , when is he going to learn about the right timing of substitutions and changing the shape to influence a game.
Also maybe not so much him but the coaching side ...our full backs still can't cross a ball well enough on a regular basis and why are we so shot shy and poor at finishing ?
I really like him as a person and have to admit I liked our,style of play when we have everyone fit, but I have real concerns about what happens on the pitch as described...so for me I want and think he should be able to resolve the on the pitch stuff but as games go by it doesn't look like it which is,a big worry ....

Sergey
20-03-2016, 07:12 PM

Unfortunately, the game of football isn't about what happens off the pitch. It's a results led industry. Stubbs has had almost two seasons and still isn't capable of fielding a team that can beat the likes of Dumbarton/Morton.

It you had told me 10 years ago that we would be lagging behind the likes of Ross County and Partick Thistle then I would have phoned for a white van. Yesterday wasn't just a blip. The performance at Livingston several weeks ago was utter dross and Stubbs has failed to right the wrongs since then.

Yes I understand the season is far from over, but that performance yesterday is absolutely miles away from what is required to get out of this division. The back 5 are a complete shambles.

The club has possibly the best training facilities in the country, yet we have been in terminal decline since the bleedin' place opened.

I'll say it again - we're no further forward today as we were when Stubbs arrived.

Thecat23
20-03-2016, 07:16 PM

Unfortunately, the game of football isn't about what happens off the pitch. It's a results led industry. Stubbs has had almost two seasons and still isn't capable of fielding a team that can beat the likes of Dumbarton/Morton.

It you had told me 10 years ago that we would be lagging behind the likes of Ross County and Partick Thistle then I would have phoned for a white van. Yesterday wasn't just a blip. The performance at Livingston several weeks ago was utter dross and Stubbs has failed to right the wrongs since then.

Yes I understand the season is far from over, but that performance yesterday is absolutely miles away from what is required to get out of this division. The back 5 are a complete shambles.

The club has possibly the best training facilities in the country, yet we have been in terminal decline since the bleedin' place opened.

I'll say it again - we're no further forward today as we were when Stubbs arrived.

Celtic and The Rangers have great training facilities then I'd say it's us.

Oh and we are miles and I mean miles on the pitch and off from when Stubbs took over. You'd have to be completely blind not to have seen an improvement.

It's easy to attack the club when losing but many on here find it difficult to praise them and only come out shouting from the rooftops when we are losing.

Hibernia&Alba
20-03-2016, 07:16 PM

You can't be serious with that last point, Sergey? No further forward in terms of squad quality, morale, results? Come on, be fair.

Kojock
20-03-2016, 07:18 PM

What does your source in Lithuania say ?

Kojock
20-03-2016, 07:21 PM
You can't be serious with that last point, Sergey? No further forward in terms of squad quality, morale, results? Come on, be fair.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion but if Sergey told me it was raining I would look outside first before believing him.

Sergey
20-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Celtic and The Rangers have great training facilities then I'd say it's us.

Oh and we are miles and I mean miles on the pitch and off from when Stubbs took over. You'd have to be completely blind not to have seen an improvement.

It's easy to attack the club when losing but many on here find it difficult to praise them and only come out shouting from the rooftops when we are losing.

I'm sorry, I don't buy that. We're sitting 3rd in the 2nd tier of Scottish football. Is that honestly an improvement?

Results? A few good results in the cup against Premier opposition is all well and good, but take a look at who we are playing week-in, week-out.

Hibernia&Alba
20-03-2016, 07:30 PM
Results? A few good results in the cup against Premier opposition is all well and good, but take a look at who we are playing week-in, week-out.

This last four league results are terrible, but the league record prior to those was very good. Also, wouldn't you say the team is far better to watch than it was under Fenlon and then Butcher?

Thecat23
20-03-2016, 07:34 PM
I'm sorry, I don't buy that. We're sitting 3rd in the 2nd tier of Scottish football. Is that honestly an improvement?

The whole club has improved including the players so yes.

Kojock
20-03-2016, 07:34 PM

The few good results that saw us in the league cup final and the Scottish cup semi final. Let's ignore all that and concentrate on the last four league games.

Sergey
20-03-2016, 07:36 PM
This last four league results are terrible, but the league record prior to those was very good. Also, wouldn't you say the team is far better to watch than it was under Fenlon and then Butcher?

That's subjective. While it may be better to watch, our current league position is the crux of the matter.

staunchhibby
20-03-2016, 07:49 PM
You are talking keek by saying we are no further forward.Look at the mess butcher left us in.Many on here will agree we are now better off.

Kojock
20-03-2016, 07:51 PM
That's subjective. While it may be better to watch, our current league position is the crux of the matter.

Once the seasons over and we find out where we're at then that will be the crux of the matter.

Hibernia&Alba
20-03-2016, 07:52 PM
Once the seasons over and we find out where we're at then that will be the crux of the matter.

Nail hit squarely on heid.

Andy74
20-03-2016, 08:04 PM

How can we judge that when we hadn't played a game in this league when he arrived? He had a lot of leeway to bring in a whole team and then some. Two years later we are third.

JimBHibees
20-03-2016, 08:08 PM
How can we judge that when we hadn't played a game in this league when he arrived? He had a lot of leeway to bring in a whole team and then some. Two years later we are third.

Yes but he has won numerous games against decent Top league teams in an attractive style. Does that count for nothing or can't be used as a guide of improvement.

Hibernia&Alba
20-03-2016, 08:13 PM

We can judge it by looking at the state of the club/squad on the day Stubbs arrived and where it is now. The club was a shambles on and off the pitch. Leeann Dempster has done a lot of good work in building bridges between club and fans, and in relation to the team Stubbs brought in some very good players, has the team playing football that is far more enjoyable to watch, and, last four league games aside, has gotten good results overall. He has also created a much more professional attitude with the backroom set up. When the season is finished, we'll have all the information to make a considered judgement about achievements, but not before.

percy veer
20-03-2016, 08:17 PM
Alan is a decent guy who is LEARNING his management craft and has made mistakes....who has not?Should we have made an appointment for a new first time manager ...I think yes myself and personally will hate to see him fail..but then I hate seeing any Hibs manager fail.
I do often feel he does not change tactics when it is needed and that his substitutions are often far to late to be effective, so yes as I said he is learning.It is tricky to stay in a job and be loyal to failing players though and he will be aware of that. I am sure his TRUST IN THE PLAYERS SPEECH will not be heard so often!!!!!
We have been through the mill and so I and everyone else is frustrated by the latest so called strength in depth. Molonga gone..a mistake yes but what about the rest?
We need to gain promotion if not then we will have achieved NOTHING at all sadly.
Bottom line it is a game for winners and how many decent men have we seen get the heave for poor performances..as they pick and select the players.
If we do not gain promotion then he will have failed albeit a sad situation which I really hope does not materialise BUT IT IS A JOB and like all jobs success counts .
NOW more than ever we the fans, THE PLAYERS and Management team need to step up to the mark EVERY GAME without exception...THEY ALL MATTER!
Would a Scottish cup win count as nothing?

percy veer
20-03-2016, 08:22 PM
Would a Scottish cup win count as nothing?

jacomo
20-03-2016, 08:31 PM
We can judge it by looking at the state of the club/squad on the day Stubbs arrived and where it is now. The club was a shambles on and off the pitch. Leeann Dempster has done a lot of good work in building bridges between club and fans, and in relation to the team Stubbs brought in some very good players, has the team playing football that is far more enjoyable to watch, and, last four league games aside, has gotten good results overall. He has also created a much more professional attitude with the backroom set up. When the season is finished, we'll have all the information to make a considered judgement about achievements, but not before.

Given our recent history of appointing a succession of short term managers, it is crazy to me to be talking about sacking the guy who helped stop the rot and turn Hibs into a professional outfit again. Personally, I have had enough of unfit journeymen wearing the green and white.

Yes, recent results have been poor (SC excepted). Yes, mistakes have been made. But let's all step back for a moment and consider that this season is far from over. We have a lot to play for and the team need our support.

Kaff
20-03-2016, 09:14 PM
As always happens on here there are posters positioning themselves and spouting the usual tripe in order that they can tell us they 'told you so' in the event we might not get promoted, they'll shrug their shoulders and say so what if we get up. Its a peculiar type of behaviour to say the least.
They did the same when Mowbray had the odd wobble and it was embarrassing then as it is now, it is unfathomable how anyone can claim we have made no progress and although i'm concerned about our possible failure to win promotion our cup form has shown how capable a squad and manager we have.
Without doubt a lack of experience in both is a problem and we've not been able to be consistent in the cups and league, it's a common problem and no coincidence that the English clubs almost ignore the cups for fear of falling out of the league, Crystal Palace were flying in the league yet took the cup seriously and look at them?
FWIW i think our cup form will help us with the playoffs and will give the players confidence in themselves to take on anyone in these games.

SJM
20-03-2016, 09:22 PM
No actual Hibs fan wants to turn round and said i told you so if we don't go up. Heard this loads too and it's ****. Everyone wants the club to succeed, just some are more frightened based on our history than others.

Kaff
20-03-2016, 09:29 PM
No actual Hibs fan wants to turn round and said i told you so if we don't go up. Heard this loads too and it's ****. Everyone wants the club to succeed, just some are more frightened based on our history than others.

'Posters' i said.
Being scared of failing to win promotion is ok but panicking isn't going to help anyone, so i'm backing Stubbs to be level headed and see it through.

Hibernia&Alba
20-03-2016, 09:32 PM
'Posters' i said.
Being scared of failing to win promotion is ok but panicking isn't going to help anyone, so i'm backing Stubbs to be level headed and see it through.

It's all still there to play for.

SJM
20-03-2016, 09:33 PM
'Posters' i said.

Panicking would be something after the Morton match then down Dumfries. It's not panicking at all. We are in a realistic position where we have lost **** loads over the last 7 games including a winnable cup final. I pray to Sauzee he it through but I'm running out of confidence in the manager and this team to see the job done and if it's not then it's a scary scary prospect.

SJM
20-03-2016, 09:34 PM

It's all still there to play for.

Let's start winning football matches again then.

TheMentalHibees
20-03-2016, 09:36 PM
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Watching our games recently has been never ending deja vu and I have to wonder if Stubbs is persevering with the same tactics because he has no plan b or if he's just hoping that it'll click and we'll start winning again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forza Fred
20-03-2016, 09:47 PM
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Watching our games recently has been never ending deja vu and I have to wonder if Stubbs is persevering with the same tactics because he has no plan b or if he's just hoping that it'll click and we'll start winning again.

Sorry to be pedantic, but while your scenario may be an indication of insanity, it is not the 'definition'

And yes, I've got too much time on my hands today.....:greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
20-03-2016, 09:49 PM
Sorry to be pedantic, but while your scenario may be an indication of insanity, it is not the 'definition'

And yes, I've got too much time on my hands today.....:greengrin

I always thought it was walking doon Leith Walk in women's underwear, carrying a fish supper and telling strangers passing by you're meeting Elvis for a pint in the Harp & Castle. I must do that again some time :agree:

hibsboy69
20-03-2016, 10:20 PM

I'll say it again - we're no further forward today as we were when Stubbs arrived.I strongly disagree with the bit in bold Sergey.

I will ask you again what I asked you previously in this thread (I cannot find if you replied, so apologies if you have!) :-

Do you go to the Hibs games ?

If you do, you cannot fail to have seen an improvement in the both the quality and style of football we play under Stubbs. I take my dad and youngest son to almost every home game at ER and they now really look forward to (and enjoy) watching us play. Under previous managers they both stopped coming with me as it was torturous to watch !

In summary, I still have the utmost faith in Stubbs and am confident he will turn things round.:agree:

Dunbar Hibee
21-03-2016, 12:10 AM
Anyone that wants Stubbs out is a ****in idiot

Giro Playboy
21-03-2016, 12:34 AM
FWIW i think our cup form will help us with the playoffs and will give the players confidence in themselves to take on anyone in these games. Its a pity the quarter final result didn't give the players confidence in themselves to beat Raith Rovers

Jones28
21-03-2016, 12:45 AM
What a bizarre place Internet message boards are.

Onion
21-03-2016, 07:30 AM
No right-minded Hibs fan wants rid of Stubbs at this stage but he does need to find the answer to our slump before it's too late. The 2 week break is a real blessing.

IMO our collapse was simply Hibs switching off in prep for the Cup Final, and the successive losses to Morton and Dumbarton killing off our title hopes. By the time we've played Raith, the team still had't recovered from the devastating LCF loss and having to settle for the POs.

Still expect Hibs to come strong in the final games, and probably grab 2nd place. Whether that's good enough to get promo, I'm not so sure as IMO any Scottish Cup Final will be a huge distraction (again). We're still at a point where the season could be one of the most disappointing or best in our history. Stubbs could be out of a job or a legend. That's the craziness of Hibs.

Beefster
21-03-2016, 07:39 AM
I only want Stubbs binned if we don't go up. It seems like some posters are giving Stubbs the credit for a lot of the work that Dempster and Craig have been responsible for though.

hibsbollah
21-03-2016, 07:42 AM

Attention seeking nonsense, as usual.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-03-2016, 07:47 AM
What a bizarre place Internet message boards are.

I agree - the halcyon days of good old fashioned, honest duel to the death or two does have its plus points ;) Maybe a Trump victory will see a return...

Jdawg
21-03-2016, 08:07 AM
What does your source in Lithuania say ?

Brilliant.

Thecat23
21-03-2016, 08:21 AM
I only want Stubbs binned if we don't go up. It seems like some posters are giving Stubbs the credit for a lot of the work that Dempster and Craig have been responsible for though.

In what way Beefster?

Beefster
21-03-2016, 08:34 AM
In what way Beefster?

I've read a number of comments in defence of Stubbs that say stuff like "look at the state of the club when he took over". The 'club' is Dempster and Craig's responsibility. Stubbs is a head coach, not a manager.

Ozyhibby
21-03-2016, 09:19 AM
I've read a number of comments in defence of Stubbs that say stuff like "look at the state of the club when he took over". The 'club' is Dempster and Craig's responsibility. Stubbs is a head coach, not a manager.

Also the recruitment policy is not just left to Stubbs although he is part of the process and has a veto if he doesn't want a player.
There are some very good players at the club just now, the problem is the manager just can't get them to score goals and it's getting worse.
Last season we scored 1.94 goals per game and we all agreed it was not enough. This season we are scoring 1.57 goals a game.
This is not about the last 4 games. This is about an expensive squad seriously under performing over the course of the whole season.
This season has been like watching Fenlon's Hibs. Lots of possession but no cutting edge. No goal threat.

Ozyhibby
21-03-2016, 09:25 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160321/cda38547e72c565dac1aebfd202cd7a2.jpg
Here is a comparison between this season and last. It's clear we have not improved at all from last season.

SlickShoes
21-03-2016, 09:32 AM
The most worrying thing for me here is the pattern of folk saying "we have been fine APART from X games" and "IF we can just put a run together". Those two phrases I have read many times over the last 7 or 8 years, "just get behind the team and stop moaning".

These are the same folk that think that it's the fans fault for being on edge that causes us not to win big games or bottle it, whatever you want to call it.

There are too many times over the last 7 years where we have just supported the team and expected things to get better, you can't blame the fans for being worried and thinking the worst when the last 7 years of horrific football ending up in a relegation that could see us out of the top flight for 3 years.

As much as we as fans get carried away with good performances, we are entitled to be down on bad ones, and we have had many bad games in the last 2 months, we have lost 4 league games in a row in the second tier of Scottish football, if you aren't worried about that then I wouldn't say you are a supporter maybe just a fan.

No way would I be calling for Stubbs to be sacked, the pressure is now fully on him and his players, we have turned up and supported the team, we will continue to do that but the only ones capable of actually winning anything or being promoted are them. If he can't get us promoted this year I don' think it's unrealistic come the summer for his position to be considered.

Betty Boop
21-03-2016, 09:48 AM
Surely Stubbs remit was to get us promotion this season ? Cannae see him hanging about here for another season in the first division.

Thecat23
21-03-2016, 09:58 AM

He's responsible for bringing in players and identifying what players needed. But it's certainly a team effort that's for sure. I've also read a lot saying Stubbs hasn't improved our team since it went down which its utter pish.

Thecat23
21-03-2016, 10:00 AM
Also the recruitment policy is not just left to Stubbs although he is part of the process and has a veto if he doesn't want a player.
There are some very good players at the club just now, the problem is the manager just can't get them to score goals and it's getting worse.
Last season we scored 1.94 goals per game and we all agreed it was not enough. This season we are scoring 1.57 goals a game.
This is not about the last 4 games. This is about an expensive squad seriously under performing over the course of the whole season.
This season has been like watching Fenlon's Hibs. Lots of possession but no cutting edge. No goal threat.

Like watching Fenlons team? 😂

Remember when Hibs didn't have shots on goal because I do! Guess what that was unde Fenlon, we have shots at goal our strikers just aren't sticking them away.

eastmainsmsh
21-03-2016, 10:00 AM
There's something not quite right here If we fail to go up which would be a disaster Stubbs has been great his management team Cummings mcginn mcgeouch Hanlon Henderson stokes all go another year in the championship who takes over unthinkable

Ozyhibby
21-03-2016, 10:08 AM
Like watching Fenlons team? [emoji23]

Remember when Hibs didn't have shots on goal because I do! Guess what that was unde Fenlon, we have shots at goal our strikers just aren't sticking them away.

I don't think this is down to the strikers.

Turkish Green
21-03-2016, 10:18 AM
If the club fails again to win promotion then I do not blame Stubbs, I blame the person that recruited an inexperienced manager in the first place and gave him substandard tools to work with.

Last season can be forgiven due to Hearts unexpectedly running away with the league and Rangers winning the Championship Play-off final after Hibs conceding 2 goals at Ibrox in the 1st leg.

This season is different. Stubbs is no longer a novice manager. He has a full compliment of players in his squad. At the halfway point of the season, Hibs were only 3 pts behind Rangers. Now, 12 games later and the difference is 20 pts. Personally, I believe that the cup runs have affected the league form and will continue to do so.

If Hibs do not win promotion then Stubbs will have to go, unless he brings home the Cup (and Europe qualification) when all will be forgiven for a season.

Ronniekirk
21-03-2016, 10:21 AM
Surely Stubbs remit was to get us promotion this season ? Cannae see him hanging about here for another season in the first division.

Turkish Green
21-03-2016, 10:29 AM
I heard Pat Nevin talking nonsense.

FTFY

The older Nevin gets the bigger the slaver.

Kaff
21-03-2016, 10:32 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160321/cda38547e72c565dac1aebfd202cd7a2.jpg
Here is a comparison between this season and last. It's clear we have not improved at all from last season.

Purely league form of course.
You have to put the cup results into any comparison and this season's being against mainly SPL teams especially so.
There is no doubt in my mind that the players are struggling to cope mentally with the highs and pressure attached to the big cup ties followed by the more low key league fixtures, we can't dismiss this and i for one am happy to take the gamble of promotion for the glory of the cup runs especially the derby games within them.
I'll say it again, 99% of English teams don't field the same teams in cup and league so those criticising Stubbs now must ask themselves if they would have been happy AT THE TIME if we fielded weakened teams against Aberdeen and Hearts. Hindsight is wonderful.

Thecat23
21-03-2016, 10:33 AM
I don't think this is down to the strikers.

It's certainly not just the strikers, it's the whole team and yes the manager. We can all see it and Stubbs interview on sat tells me he's ready to do something about it. No doubt some will rip him for something he's said in the interview though.

Thecat23
21-03-2016, 10:35 AM
You have to put the cup results into any comparison and this season's being against mainly SPL teams especially so.
There is no doubt in my mind that the players are struggling to cope mentally with the highs and pressure attached to the big cup ties followed by the more low key league fixtures, we can't dismiss this and i for one am happy to take the gamble of promotion for the glory of the cup runs especially the derby games within them.
I'll say it again, 99% of English teams don't field the same teams in cup and league so those criticising Stubbs now must ask themselves if they would have been happy AT THE TIME if we fielded weakened teams against Aberdeen and Hearts. Hindsight is wonderful.

There is no chance in hell the posters having a go at Stubbs now would have accepted that mate. They'd be calling for his head pure and simple! Look at the state some got into after the final.

Ozyhibby
21-03-2016, 10:38 AM
It's certainly not just the strikers, it's the whole team and yes the manager. We can all see it and Stubbs interview on sat tells me he's ready to do something about it. No doubt some will rip him for something he's said in the interview though.

What he says is not nearly as important as what he does.

Ozyhibby
21-03-2016, 10:40 AM

Our goal scoring problems pre date our hectic fixture schedule though?

Thecat23
21-03-2016, 10:45 AM

Let's wait and see what he does then, give the guy a chance!! Maybe it would be better if he came out and said "I'm a piss poor manager" that would make some much happier.

paddy1875
21-03-2016, 10:49 AM
Everyone's getting anxious about Stubbs on here. A bad run of results in a bad league yes. I doubt it will continue. Everybody relax. Hibs never do things the easy way. Surely we're all used to it. Falkirk are due a bad run and I'm sure we'll be the team to start it. RELAX

Ozyhibby
21-03-2016, 10:52 AM
Let's wait and see what he does then, give the guy a chance!! Maybe it would be better if he came out and said "I'm a piss poor manager" that would make some much happier.

Only winning games will make me happy. I suspect that he won't change anything and will be hoping that a return of injured players will bring a change in results. I doubt he will find a way for us to start scoring more goals at this stage of the season, so he will be hoping the defence return to form when Paul Hanlon returns.

SJM
21-03-2016, 11:06 AM
Everyone's getting anxious about Stubbs on here. A bad run of results in a bad league yes. I doubt it will continue. Everybody relax. Hibs never do things the easy way. Surely we're all used to it. Falkirk are due a bad run and I'm sure we'll be the team to start it. RELAX

I'm getting Déjà vu from the relegation season with that post.

Kaff
21-03-2016, 11:16 AM

Its results that count as well you know, but we've scored 1.75 goals per game against SPL teams.
There is no doubt we struggle to break down a 10 man defence but we're still creating enough chances to win our league games, this break might settle the players and get a couple of league wins too.

Big L
21-03-2016, 11:53 AM
Supporters views are all very well and obviously important but just how long do you think the Hibs board will sit on their fingers? Their has been massive investment in this team and they will not be happy at this sudden loss of league form. From a purely financial point of view, the club needs to go up this season!! Stubbs is LD's protege and she stands and falls by her decision to bring Stubbs to the club and their is no doubt that she has supported him in bringing in the players he wanted, she to will be feeling the heat.

CropleyWasGod
21-03-2016, 11:57 AM
Supporters views are all very well and obviously important but just how long do you think the Hibs board will sit on their fingers? Their has been massive investment in this team and they will not be happy at this sudden loss of league form. From a purely financial point of view, the club needs to go up this season!! Stubbs is LD's protege and she stands and falls by her decision to bring Stubbs to the club and their is no doubt that she has supported him in bringing in the players he wanted, she to will be feeling the heat.

We don't.

From a forecast loss this season, the team has probably played its way into break-even, or even profit. That profit will help to fund what losses might have been expected in the Championship next season (no parachute payment, no Rangers games).

Are you saying that LD's position is on the line if we don't go up?

HappyHanlon
21-03-2016, 12:01 PM

This.

People talk about cup finals but seem to forget Fenlon took us to back to back cup finals - with a worse squad

SJM
21-03-2016, 12:06 PM
We don't.

From a forecast loss this season, the team has probably played its way into break-even, or even profit. That profit will help to fund what losses might have been expected in the Championship next season (no parachute payment, no Rangers games).

Why would it be? She's done everything in her power to back the manager and make changes to the club. The team failing to get promoted lies at the door of the football manager.

Springbank
21-03-2016, 12:26 PM

Not so sure Peter Houston is about to oversee a collapse at Falkirk.
Around 55 weeks ago he told the media at Hampden that his side were in a cup final at Hibs expense because Hibs play too narrow (meaning we don't work hard enough to stop cross balls coming in) and we are too hesitant defending a cross ball

I thought he was a babag at the time.
But as time goes on, we look at our best when circumstances force a 352 on us mid fixture. With 442 it's groundhog day.
Houston seems to react quickly to stop a rot, and punch above his weight.

Btw this is a constructive criticism. I love the football under Stubbs but the goalie is now nationally known for his cross ball weakness & needs dropped, and our best play in recent times have been 352 with gunnarsson on the field.

WeeRussell
21-03-2016, 12:42 PM
I recall us being concerned that we wouldn't be able to keep hold of Stubbs, and he could well be Scottish top division champions' new manager in the summer, a matter of weeks ago.

Now we're debating whether he should keep his job.

C'est la football.

Ronniekirk
21-03-2016, 12:57 PM

Yep they do ,and as much as i would have loved to keep Malonga he wasn't getting played regularly and hadn't scored as many as he had at the same time last season
Although at the present time no one looks capable of scoring the type of goal he scored on his last Visit to Raith

You can see what dagnal adds when he comes on but when he cant score it defeats the purpose of brining on another striker ,and lack of goals when we are giving soft goals away puts pressure on the strikers to score when they get their chance , but its just not happing at present and Stokes is the an on form at present so e has to be first pick.

Hermit Crab
21-03-2016, 01:04 PM
Unless the board have specifically told him in his contract he must get promotion then he probably won't be sacked anytime soon. If after the playoffs he hasn't done that then he may be emptied.

Ronniekirk
21-03-2016, 01:07 PM

Agree but at least not coming out and defending the players to the hilt was a change from him
He had some tome to work on things and find solutions till we play our next game I would expect he will follow through on changing things for that next game Time will tell if that has desired effect as St Mirren have started winning more games than they are losing so players need to be up for their trip To Paisley whatever team he picks
Think i will take in the st mirren raith game this week and under 21game for Scotland if playing at home to see how Cummings and henderson do if they get game time

Big L
21-03-2016, 01:41 PM
We don't.

I said " she will be feeling the heat" but she is in the same boat as anyone else in this game, she needs to get success! Their is also a possibility that we will be facing Dun Utd and another premier ship side next season with no guarantees that we will go up then,we need to get out of this league and now is the time!!

Kaff
21-03-2016, 01:49 PM
Not quite sure how someone can have a post with baseless accusations that the club has not progressed left unedited yet others pointing out his poor track record are removed?

Edit Removed quote that wasnt relevant

marinello59
21-03-2016, 01:52 PM
Not quite sure how someone can have a post with baseless accusations that the club has not progressed left unedited yet others pointing out his poor track record are removed?

Edit Removed quote that wasnt relevant

You could always challenge the poster directly.
Discussions about individual posters have never been allowed here.

staunchhibby
21-03-2016, 01:54 PM
My post has been removed.Was it for not agreeing with the point of no progress being made.

marinello59
21-03-2016, 01:55 PM
My post has been removed.Was it for not agreeing with the point of no progress being made.

No.
See above.

staunchhibby
21-03-2016, 02:00 PM
No point in being on the board if we disagree with what others say.

marinello59
21-03-2016, 02:01 PM
No point in being on the board if we disagree with what others say.

Eh?
Who is stopping you from disagreeing?
Quote somebody and answer their points, it's why the board is here. Disagree all you like.

staunchhibby
21-03-2016, 02:03 PM
I responded to the point sergey made re no progress.I felt it was a fair comment but obviously not.

marinello59
21-03-2016, 02:07 PM
I responded to the point sergey made re no progress.I felt it was a fair comment but obviously not.

Your comment had nothing to do with the topic. It was merely a dig at another poster. We try and keep that off of the boards at the best of times. Even more so at times like this when tempers are raised and we have to spend far too much time firefighting.
Nobody is stopping you from directly quoting Sergey and answering his points.

paddy1875
21-03-2016, 02:33 PM
I'm getting Déjà vu from the relegation season with that post.

Aye you might be right mate. What was I thinking!

patlowe
21-03-2016, 02:34 PM
While I totally understand the temptation, it seems a bit arbitrary to decide Stubbs' position based solely on the outcome of the playoffs. There is a chance we could hit a rich vein of form and secure 2nd easily, but still lose out for whatever reason in the final of the playoffs, such is the nature of the format. Likewise, we could finish 3rd but sneak promotion through the playoffs - it wouldn't change the fact that the recent run of form and lack of progress on last season is of huge concern. For me, whether we go up or not, decisions should be taken based upon performance over a longer period and whether there are others who offer a better chance of success in the future.

The lack of progress in the league this season is very difficult to explain away - we have a huge economic advantage over the rest of the teams but a lack of tactical and stylistic flexibility really seems to hold us back. While he can put an impressive looking 11 on the park, I'm not convinced Stubbs has worked out a way of converting our moderate superiority into chances, particularly when facing defensively-minded teams. We shouldn't be coming away from matches bemoaning a missed chance here or there - we should be creating so many chances that the odd missed one is irrelevant.

There are also huge concerns around what seems to be a buzz-phrase at the moment - 'game management'. Whatever you call it, on countless occasions in recent weeks the team has been caught out or the fans put through torture due to an unwillingness to adapt in-game. 2nd half at ER v Hearts; the winner at Hampden; allowing ICT back in then the crazy last few minutes to follow; being caught on the break three times v Morton etc. It can appear as though Stubbs is happy for the guys to 'go out and do what they do', without reacting to changes in the flow of a game or a clear idea of what the team should be doing in specific scenarios; retaining possession when 1-0 up in a derby for example, or accepting extra time at 1-1 in a major cup final. All easier said than done of course but Stubbs seems extremely reluctant to adjust during a game unless it is forced upon him.

Having said all that, I'm hugely impressed with the way Stubbs has galvanised the club and recruited/built a very talented squad - Allan, McGinn, Henderson et al have provided more entertainment in the last couple of years than the previous five or six combined. Before we got relegated, going to ER was an absolute chore and for the most part that has completely changed under Stubbs' management.

Stubbs has also managed to get the upper hand on Neilson in derbies and this should not be underestimated. Some may argue with this, but IMO the hysteria among the Hearts support towards their manager following the derby defeat shows that winning/losing the derby in many ways transcends the drudgery of what league you are in or the more prosaic measurements of football success. Since McLeish we've not had a manager that enjoyed sustained success against Hearts. However, I suppose you could argue that unless Stubbs gets us promoted, we won't have any derbies to win in the first place!

SJM
21-03-2016, 02:35 PM
I said " she will be feeling the heat" but she is in the same boat as anyone else in this game, she needs to get success! Their is also a possibility that we will be facing Dun Utd and another premier ship side next season with no guarantees that we will go up then,we need to get out of this league and now is the time!!

Off topic but if we don't go up then Dundee Utd will be a lot easier to get the better off than Rangers that's for sure. I would say we would be certainties for promotion if we played things correctly.

SJM
21-03-2016, 02:37 PM
Aye you might be right mate. What was I thinking!

Apologies if I came across as an arse with my reply 👍

paddy1875
21-03-2016, 02:47 PM
Apologies if I came across as an arse with my reply ddc4d

Not at all mate. Your right in your reply, iv been following this forum for years but only recently signed upto it. And my post did remind me of some of the stuff written in that catastrophic run up to relegation with that big fat smelly blue nose fud butcher as manager.

Alan Stubbs is most certainly not terry butcher tho. We'll turn it round. A Wee break this weekend and we'll come back firing again.

The playoffs will be tough tho. But like i said before. We always do it the hard way.

SJM
21-03-2016, 02:48 PM
Not at all mate. Your right in your reply, iv been following this forum for years but only recently signed upto it. And my post did remind me of some of the stuff written in that catastrophic run up to relegation with that big fat smelly blue nose fud butcher as manager.

Alan Stubbs is most certainly not terry butcher tho. We'll turn it round. A Wee break this weekend and we'll come back firing again.

The playoffs will be tough tho. But like i said before. We always do it the hard way.

Sound mate and likewise. I hope your right in fact I think so too! 🍻

silverhibee
21-03-2016, 04:51 PM
Oops.

Cheers

It's okay, I never got it either. :thumbsup:

coldingham hibs
21-03-2016, 06:15 PM
Off topic but if we don't go up then Dundee Utd will be a lot easier to get the better off than Rangers that's for sure. I would say we would be certainties for promotion if we played things correctly.

Wow!, that's a confident statement. Remember we will have Dunfermline, St.Mirren, Dundee Utd, QOS, Raith, Morton & Falkirk or another SPL team. We haven't handled most of the teams in the current league particularly well so far, even with a higher budget than next season.

ekhibee
21-03-2016, 07:03 PM
I like what you say but I can't help thinking Stubbs would stay on if we failed to gain promotion. It's just a feeling.

I heard Pat Nevin talking nonsense before the final about AS being a target for Everton. There is absolutely no chance of his getting that job right now whatever happens at Hibs.

He would be more likely to be heading for a sleeping giant at the foot of the English Championship.

The nightmare scene would be his going to Celtic to replace Deila.
Very good points. Nevin usually talks nonsense anyway, and if anybody on here had read the Everton fans blog at the time Stubbs came to Hibs (I did), they would have been left in no doubt about their feelings on the matter. The Everton fans didn't rate him at all and were glad to see the back of him(they rated Sheedy as a much better coach). That was then, and I'd be very surprised if the attitude had changed. I was more than pleasantly surprised when they seemed to be proved wrong and we started to look like a decent team again, even if it was in the Championship. But now the pressure's on big time, because this slump in form really couldn't have come at a worse time. If we don't go up this season, it probably won't be just some of the more negative punters on here saying 'I told you so', it'll probably be them too. We can still make this into a good season, so I will keep the faith, but paying over £400 for a season ticket if we're still in the Championship is asking a bit much in my opinion.

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2016, 07:30 PM
Very good points. Nevin usually talks nonsense anyway, and if anybody on here had read the Everton fans blog at the time Stubbs came to Hibs (I did), they would have been left in no doubt about their feelings on the matter. The Everton fans didn't rate him at all and were glad to see the back of him(they rated Sheedy as a much better coach). That was then, and I'd be very surprised if the attitude had changed. I was more than pleasantly surprised when they seemed to be proved wrong and we started to look like a decent team again, even if it was in the Championship. But now the pressure's on big time, because this slump in form really couldn't have come at a worse time. If we don't go up this season, it probably won't be just some of the more negative punters on here saying 'I told you so', it'll probably be them too. We can still make this into a good season, so I will keep the faith, but paying over £400 for a season ticket if we're still in the Championship is asking a bit much in my opinion.

Not really sure any Hibs fan could say i told you so, none of us had much of a clue what his merits were as a coach? Christ some folk were wetting their pants over us appointing Butcher, just because he might be able to kick some ass.

Most people have a look and actually see what the new manager has achieved and where it was done. Surely if a clown like Butcher can get a team like ICT promoted from this division, its not beyond our wildest dreams to think those in charge would appoint someone better in their opinion to do similar?

SJM
21-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Wow!, that's a confident statement. Remember we will have Dunfermline, St.Mirren, Dundee Utd, QOS, Raith, Morton & Falkirk or another SPL team. We haven't handled most of the teams in the current league particularly well so far, even with a higher budget than next season.

I would be a lot less worried about the likes of the teams mentioned than Rangers who it was a disaster stayed down.

hibsboy69
22-03-2016, 09:34 PM
Not really sure any Hibs fan could say i told you so, none of us had much of a clue what his merits were as a coach? Christ some folk were wetting their pants over us appointing Butcher, just because he might be able to kick some ass.

Most people have a look and actually see what the new manager has achieved and where it was done. Surely if a clown like Butcher can get a team like ICT promoted from this division, its not beyond our wildest dreams to think those in charge would appoint someone better in their opinion to do similar?

Agree - however I don't think Butcher's ICT had to play against teams with a far higher playing budget.

That said, we have a far higher budget than Falkirk (presumably) so it would be extremely disappointing to finish below them in the league. The only redemption would be if we beat them in the playoffs and then got promoted.

We do things the hard way, that's for sure ! :dunno:

doddsy
22-03-2016, 09:45 PM

Great post paddy 1875. Just a few weeks ago everyone was in a very relaxed party mood. I have a similar attitude in so much as Hibs never do things easily, it's just the way. I have been very disappointed at recent results as we could have been up there still challenging for the title but hey ho.:flag: