PDA

View Full Version : Lets support Jambottlers Hunchback get us into Oxford Dictionary-Hibsing it.

doddsy
20-03-2016, 12:15 PM
Another thread on Jambottlers hunchback this time saying hibsing it should be in the Oxford Dictionary. Apparently the term was used across the media this weekend, by K Jackson in the Daily Ranger, Richard Wilson on Sportsound, Tam Cowan on his radio show on saturday morning, Fat Alan Preston and others. I doubt any hi bee will be surprised by the names of this lot. Especially 'Wealth off the Radar' K Jackson one of the worst sports journos ever seen by scottish football.

My definition-

Hibsing it - A very proud edinburgh football club that has tried to live within its means for manies a year. Has a long great tradition and does not bump the local community or taxman in order to lord it over others. An honest hard working club in the local and wider scottish football community. An open club that welcomes all people without discrimination. A club which seems to operate within a somewhat bigoted culture of scottish media and the SFA. A really proud superb club with a passionate support. I as a Hibernian fan am proud to hibs it. :not worth

Jambottling it - Used to be a proud edinburgh football club until running up debts a small country would find difficult to maintain until just avoiding being liquidated and were put into administration instead. Won Scottish Cup 5-1 against the Hibs with players they clearly could not afford to pay whilst bumping the taxman and lots of others including sadly Poppythieving. Seem to think the 5-1 was won honestly, sadly delusion is a common disease amonst Jambos with them constantly referring themselves as the Big Team and are totally obsessed with the Hibs. Were lumped out of the Scottish Cup this year by the 'Wee Team' Hibs this year yet weirdly seem to think being beaten is Hibsing it. Need to get a grip on reality is what this club's supporters have to do in order to be taken seriously not sure if it is at all possible though.

Bostonhibby
20-03-2016, 12:19 PM
Nah. Has to be poppythieving it if we're going to do it properly

Stokesy's on fire
20-03-2016, 09:31 PM
Keith Jackson is vile

macca70
21-03-2016, 07:37 AM
So the definition of 'Hibsing it':

Going on a long cup run only to be knocked out in the latter stages or final when only decent teams are still involved, whilst your Edinburgh rivals were pumped out in the earlier stages.

QMU-1875
21-03-2016, 07:40 AM
Jambottling is embarrassing please stop. I'd rather we won promotion, then we can run this hibsing it p**h in everyone's faces.

scm70nyd1973
21-03-2016, 09:54 AM
Jambottling it or not (personally I don't think that it is snappy enough and I prefer the Poppy Thieves)but can anyone tell me if I am imagining this. In 1982 (in the second tier of Scottish football which they were often frequenting in these days) on the last game of the season did the PTs not bottle it by losing at the PBS to Murawell (Willie Irvine scoring the winner and then joining a team in Edinburgh who pays what they owe) and with Killie winning about 5 scud against QOS (vague recollection of the score and their opponents) they stayed down for another year. Crowds back then were under about 5,000 and for a big team that was not too flash ! I have a memory of working on my first ever car, listening to the radio and just about tearing my fingers off with one of the tools I was using when the scores were coming through - my memory might be playing tricks on me and as I say it is a vague recollection !

doddsy
21-03-2016, 10:00 AM
Jambottling is embarrassing please stop. I'd rather we won promotion, then we can run this hibsing it p**h in everyone's faces.

Did nt you read the thread properly, the mouthpiece trumpets like K Jackson and Fat chesty presty Preston were the ones on the media talking of hibsing it.

If you're going to have a go at people's threads at least get your facts right please. I am merely throwing a bit truth back at the foaming at the mouth media A holes.

Doddsy.

broondog
21-03-2016, 10:11 AM
em how about lets not support them with this. Its pathetic that the media have been using this tbh and just goes to show the cheats, being the establishment club, have friends in these places that are prepared to amplify their deluded ****.

Lets just go on and win the scottish cup which will put all this hibsing it nonsense to bed and really rub it in their cheating faces. Also as regards jambottling can we also not use this, its as cringeworthy as hibsing it.

ionahibby
21-03-2016, 10:18 AM
Why do hibs even let these clowns into Easter road? I say ban the record, bbc scotland from Easter road and any commentary and journalist work on match days they would soon get the message. As usual though we are too soft.

doddsy
21-03-2016, 10:24 AM
em how about lets not support them with this. Its pathetic that the media have been using this tbh and just goes to show the cheats, being the establishment club, have friends in these places that are prepared to amplify their deluded ****.

Lets just go on and win the scottish cup which will put all this hibsing it nonsense to bed and really rub it in their cheating faces. Also as regards jambottling can we also not use this, its as cringeworthy as hibsing it.

People seem to be missing the point of the thread. It was'nt about coining a term of Jambottlers which was just a term i used. The main point of it is to highlight the media A holes outward bias and just a bit truth of the situation of how Hibs are an honest great club worthy of respect not the media A holes disrespect towards our club. The media displayed a shocking 'cringeworthy' juvenile attitude by using the hunchbacks term of 'hibsing it' when being beaten on the park. That's all. In no way am I embarresed at all by highlighting such obvious media bias against the hi bees.

doddsy
21-03-2016, 10:26 AM
Why do hibs even let these clowns into Easter road? I say ban the record, bbc scotland from Easter road and any commentary and journalist work on match days they would soon get the message. As usual though we are too soft.

:agree: A fair point indeed. However I'm against bans as we can rise above such juvenile garbage by the biased media. Fair point though.

Turkish Green
21-03-2016, 10:35 AM
I find it fascinating that there are so many on this board that care what supporters of another team in another league think of us. Conversely, there are times on their board when most of the threads are Hibs orientated. Maybe because I do not interact with their supporters on a daily basis that I do not get fixated about the Yams goings on.

doddsy
21-03-2016, 10:41 AM
I find it fascinating that there are so many on this board that care what supporters of another team in another league think of us. Conversely, there are times on their board when most of the threads are Hibs orientated. Maybe because I do not interact with their supporters on a daily basis that I do not get fixated about the Yams goings on.

Such an unintelligent reply. If the term 'hibsing it' had merely been retained within the hunchback, no problem. However when the media begin using it on live radio and in newspapers by K Jackson, Chesty Presty, Tam Cowan, Richard Wilson amongst others then how can you say it is only caring what the hunchback say's.

It was clearly used with gusto across the biased scottish media to disrespect us, worthy of a bit fightback on here, surely?

Doddsy.