PDA

View Full Version : No game next weekend?

G B Young
20-03-2016, 12:00 PM
I thought we were at St Mirren next Saturday but I now see that game's not for two weeks and we don't seem to have a fixture next weekend. Is that due to the Challenge Cup final?

Whatever, maybe a break will do us good although it might be worth fixing up a friendly against some side we are capable of scoring a few goals against in a bid to boost confidence.

SJM
20-03-2016, 12:03 PM
No. The side for whatever reason in mid March need as much rest as possible.

hibee_girl
20-03-2016, 12:15 PM
We were meant to be playing Dumbarton at home but it's been postponed due to international call ups

hibbysam
20-03-2016, 12:15 PM
I thought we were at St Mirren next Saturday but I now see that game's not for two weeks and we don't seem to have a fixture next weekend. Is that due to the Challenge Cup final?

Whatever, maybe a break will do us good although it might be worth fixing up a friendly against some side we are capable of scoring a few goals against in a bid to boost confidence.

Next weekend is international weekend, our game with Dumbarton is postponed due to our call ups.

G B Young
20-03-2016, 01:03 PM
Next weekend is international weekend, our game with Dumbarton is postponed due to our call ups.

OK, thanks. Didn't know Scotland were playing. Seems odd that they've arranged a fixture when they're not even at the Euros this summer (as usual). But I guess it sums up where we're at as a club that we can't be confident of beating Dumbarton without a couple of players. On balance I'd have been tempted to play the fixture as I think we need get this slump out of our system asap and considering Dumbarton took a 6-0 doing yesterday you'd hope that even Hibs would be capable of beating them in spite of our woeful run of league results.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-03-2016, 06:10 PM
I told the club that I was going for a day out to Preston wi my old man so they requested a change of date for the game, pretty decent of them I thought.

Lago
20-03-2016, 06:49 PM
Scotland friendly, bore fest.

adhibs
20-03-2016, 06:54 PM

A very well timed borefest

Billy Whizz
20-03-2016, 07:09 PM

2 Scotland friendlies and 2 Scotland under 21's euro qualifiers

Lago
20-03-2016, 07:38 PM
2 Scotland friendlies and 2 Scotland under 21's euro qualifiers
May give young Jason an opportunity to re discover his goal touch.

HibbyAndy
21-03-2016, 02:55 PM
Normally easter weekend in England has fixtures Saturday AND Monday yet there is nowt this weekend !

SJM
21-03-2016, 02:57 PM
Normally easter weekend in England has fixtures Saturday AND Monday yet there is nowt this weekend !

Friday mate, England's playing Germany Saturday evening full card on Friday though.

JimBHibees
21-03-2016, 03:56 PM

Yep rubbish isnt it.

Borderhibbie76
22-03-2016, 12:14 PM
Perhaps we should have played this weekend regardless of call ups as fixture congestion next month is a massive concern. But on the other hand in current form could we really risk it minus the 4 call ups...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Diclonius
22-03-2016, 12:36 PM
For the first time in a while I'm glad we have no fixture this weekend.

We NEED a rest, given our form recently (which is partly down to injuries and exhaustion) and the fact we have 10 (ten) games in the following five weeks.

silverhibee
23-03-2016, 03:17 PM
What players are away on International duty.

Cummings, who are the others.

JimBHibees
23-03-2016, 03:19 PM
What players are away on International duty.

Cummings, who are the others.

Henderson, McGinn, Virtanen?

Smartie
23-03-2016, 03:21 PM
For the first time in a while I'm glad we have no fixture this weekend.

We NEED a rest, given our form recently (which is partly down to injuries and exhaustion) and the fact we have 10 (ten) games in the following five weeks.

:agree:

I don't know about the players but tbh I'm feeling pretty worn out with it all. The last month and a bit has felt like a chore as times, we're meant to enjoy going to the football.

I'm quite happy to have a weekend off with no meaningful football taking place.

It's been a busy year so far, April and May could be just as busy too.