PDA

View Full Version : League reconstruction our only hope

Agnes Gordon
20-03-2016, 08:39 AM
Not just this year but next year too with Dundee Utd likely to come down and probably dominate the championship.
I've never subscribed to the bottle theory but always thought we never consistently carried any luck.
Some of the goals we've conceded recently continue this trend and when you factor in too many mediocre players you end up on the downward spiral we are witnessing.
A late season spiral similar to our last year in the top league where apart from scrambling a home point v Thistle we completely imploded right up to conceding the late equaliser v Hamilton.
Looks like we will be playing Raith in the first play off game if we win that I can't see us coping with the energy, movement and pace of Falkirk never mind negotiating a third tie against the 2nd last SPL side.
I really like AS and want him to succeed however looks like this season is going to be typical Hibs, promising so much but fizzling out in the end.

J-C
20-03-2016, 08:40 AM
Won't happen Rangers are back up there.

Agnes Gordon
20-03-2016, 08:42 AM
Won't happen Rangers are back up there.

Probably agree apart from your use of the word back

Ozyhibby
20-03-2016, 08:43 AM
We have no chance next year. Dundee Utd have had a year to prepare for this. That's how it works isn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KeithTheHibby
20-03-2016, 08:45 AM
Not just this year but next year too with Dundee Utd likely to come down and probably dominate the championship.
I've never subscribed to the bottle theory but always thought we never consistently carried any luck.
Some of the goals we've conceded recently continue this trend and when you factor in too many mediocre players you end up on the downward spiral we are witnessing.
A late season spiral similar to our last year in the top league where apart from scrambling a home point v Thistle we completely imploded right up to conceding the late equaliser v Hamilton.
Looks like we will be playing Raith in the first play off game if we win that I can't see us coping with the energy, movement and pace of Falkirk never mind negotiating a third tie against the 2nd last SPL side.
I really like AS and want him to succeed however looks like this season is going to be typical Hibs, promising so much but fizzling out in the end.

Jesus go back to bed Agnes.

'League reconstruction out only hope'

'Dundee United likely to come down and dominate the championship'

Have a word.

Agnes Gordon
20-03-2016, 08:54 AM

Have a word.

Will I wake up and find the last few a weeks have been a bad dream Keith?

OtleyHibs
20-03-2016, 09:13 AM
We have had a terrible run of league games, there's no denying that but why are people just giving up??!

The play offs are a mini knock out tournament, our cup runs this season give me hope for the play offs.

I hope after this short break the squad have a lot more fight in them than some fans in this board! The defeatist chat is bollocks, we fight on for crying out loud. Both promotion and the holy grail are still achievable, but we all need some backbone for the battle.

People need to stop throwing the towel in 9 rounds into a 12 round fight!

Hibeewilly
20-03-2016, 09:16 AM

Have a word.
Its a fair post KTH a lot of people will agree with it. We are in freefall in tge league no doubt about that and when I left the ground yesterday I kept thinking about the latter part of last season. Personally howevee In tge eternak optimist and think we'll win the play offs but I certainly wouldn't knock Agnes's post

Hibeewilly
20-03-2016, 09:18 AM
Sorry for the spelling - predictive text for you!!

killie-hibby
20-03-2016, 09:18 AM

League reconstruction is unnecessary as the Bigot Twins will be satisfying our television masters next season.Everything is now perfect. You should know by now that Scottish professional football exists only for two Glasgow clubs,the remaining forty are only a nuisance.
Substantial numbers of supporters want a bigger top league. It won't happen because Doncaster et al have more consideration for Sky/BT subscribers than mugs like me who pay to get into football grounds.
Leeann Dempster in a recent interview stated the current set up as being her preference.
So,in the meantime somebody has to give Stubbs a big kick up the backside to ensure we win our remain league games. Winning games is the only available solution.

hibsbollah
20-03-2016, 09:20 AM
Our 'only hope'?

hibs0666
20-03-2016, 09:21 AM

You'll have to man up mate, just like the team.

SkintHibby
20-03-2016, 09:22 AM
Would not surprise me in the slightest if Hibs stay down and Dundee Utd romp the Championship next season.

Blaster
20-03-2016, 09:25 AM
Would not surprise me in the slightest if Hibs stay down and Dundee Utd romp the Championship next season.

I think they will struggle financially to be honest

Phil MaGlass
20-03-2016, 09:28 AM
League reconstruction is unnecessary as the Bigot Twins will be satisfying our television masters next season.Everything is now perfect. You should know by now that Scottish professional football exists only for two Glasgow clubs,the remaining forty are only a nuisance.
Substantial numbers of supporters want a bigger top league. It won't happen because Doncaster et al have more consideration for Sky/BT subscribers than mugs like me who pay to get into football grounds.
Leeann Dempster in a recent interview stated the current set up as being her preference.
So,in the meantime somebody has to give Stubbs a big kick up the backside to ensure we win our remain league games. Winning games is the only available solution.

Hopefully she was speaking for herself and not on behalf of the club when she said it.

Pretty Boy
20-03-2016, 09:31 AM

I'm not too sure we are all too great in that department either.

A cup final appearance could be our big hope for maintaining ST sales at current level as there would be opportunity for an incentive, walk ups will fall, parachute payments are gone, a 3rd season of decreased TV revenue and we have a squad that had quite a bit of cash chucked at it this season.

The cup runs will offset some of that in the short term but the belt will meed to be tightened. We need to drag ourselves up this season.

killie-hibby
20-03-2016, 09:48 AM
Hopefully she was speaking for herself and not on behalf of the club when she said it.

The interview was in the Glasgow Herald. Cannot clarify if it was her or the clubs opinion.

Hibby70
20-03-2016, 09:51 AM
Our 'only hope'?

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi.

Forza Fred
20-03-2016, 09:54 AM
Another thread with a distinctive whiff about it

Jim44
20-03-2016, 09:55 AM
I think there's more chance of us winning the cup or getting promotion from the playoffs than there is of reconstruction.

DH1875
20-03-2016, 09:57 AM
Our 'only hope'?

No........There is another :big grin:

League reconstruction isn't happening.

Blaster
20-03-2016, 10:07 AM
I'm not too sure we are all too great in that department either.

A cup final appearance could be our big hope for maintaining ST sales at current level as there would be opportunity for an incentive, walk ups will fall, parachute payments are gone, a 3rd season of decreased TV revenue and we have a squad that had quite a bit of cash chucked at it this season.

The cup runs will offset some of that in the short term but the belt will meed to be tightened. We need to drag ourselves up this season.

I think the share issue and HSL are our saving grace just now but season ticket sales will be key.

hibsbollah
20-03-2016, 10:35 AM
No........There is another :big grin:

League reconstruction isn't happening.

A New Hope?

Let's hope the Hibs force awakens and the evil empire doesn't strike back.

Coat etc.

SeanWilson
20-03-2016, 10:37 AM
Wrong. We could also win some football matches.

Steve20
20-03-2016, 10:42 AM
We're in the playoffs. Even though it's unlikely we will win them, there's still hope we can.

Dundee Utd won't dominate anything next season.

tamig
20-03-2016, 10:47 AM
What an awful attitude. To compare this season's recent run to the late January to May slump under Butcher is a tad OTT.
What makes you think Dundee United would be in a position to "dominate" next season in any case - whether we are there or not?

Bostonhibby
20-03-2016, 10:53 AM

:agree: Reads like Richard Gordon's rehearsing his Hibs kicking speech for after the play offs are finished.

JK Rolling
20-03-2016, 11:12 AM
Wrong. We could also win some football matches.

This.

C'mon folks, we've had more than our fair share of knocks in recent times but now, more than ever, is the time to get behind the team and show our support. Let's not forget that when we 'play' the outcome has resulted in some very memorable wins. The cup runs cannot be viewed as a negative as they've, in the main, produced some great memories.

I genuinely believe we will make it through the play offs, will make the SC final (the outcome of which will lie in the lap of the gods) and will personally be giving my all in support of the team in the hope that they will deliver the results.

Call me naive if you will but don't forget, we're all on the same side looking to achieve the same objectives.

http://www.hibs.net/webkit-fake-url://B5EB839F-58FA-4D1F-815E-91E1E2C14DEB/imgres.jpg

Waxy
20-03-2016, 11:21 AM
Teams seem to be getting a run of the ball against us lately.We've made the initial mistake but made it worse by getting unlucky (rick-o-shays) to set up taps ins.
No sure what our ratio to shot and goals is?
Guess
Hibs shots 56 goals 6
Away shots 8 goals 9

I'll take our luck in the Scottish cup thanks.

coldingham hibs
20-03-2016, 12:09 PM

Did Dundee Utd not make a profit off £2M in their last accounts, also a Scottish Cup Semi, possible final. I think they will be in a better financial position than us. Also, they will invest heavily to get back up first time, assuming they go down.

Eyrie
20-03-2016, 12:51 PM
League reconstruction won't happen for 2016/17, which suits me.

I want us to earn our promotion through the playoffs, not sneak up via some grubby little back room deal that has been hidden from Scottish football fans all year and which then renders that year irrelevant. And if we're not good enough to earn promotion then we don't deserve to be in the top division.

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2016, 01:10 PM
I'm going to be very PATIENT, and wait until all the infrastructure is finished. Only then will we take our rightful place at the top table of Scottish football.

Reconstruction does not look on the agenda now sevco have been given a free shot at winning this league, lets just get bloody up and they can do what the hell they like with the leagues then.

KeithTheHibby
20-03-2016, 01:19 PM
Its a fair post KTH a lot of people will agree with it. We are in freefall in tge league no doubt about that and when I left the ground yesterday I kept thinking about the latter part of last season. Personally howevee In tge eternak optimist and think we'll win the play offs but I certainly wouldn't knock Agnes's post

A lot of people will agree that Dundee United will dominate the Championship? Nonsense.

KeithTheHibby
20-03-2016, 01:22 PM

Obviously not however you are being a bit dramatic. Have you seen how honking Dundee United are in the first place?

Spike Mandela
20-03-2016, 01:26 PM
Why don't we just wait and see what happens by end of season. So far we are league cup runners up, in the Scottish cup semi final and pretty much assured of being in the playoffs.

nairn hibee
20-03-2016, 01:28 PM
We have managed to get to one cup final,and at least the semis of another,surely winningthe play offs are very much achievable,long way to go yet,always figured this season would have to be the playoffs still on course

PercyHibs
20-03-2016, 01:30 PM
We have had a terrible run of league games, there's no denying that but why are people just giving up??!

The play offs are a mini knock out tournament, our cup runs this season give me hope for the play offs.

I hope after this short break the squad have a lot more fight in them than some fans in this board! The defeatist chat is bollocks, we fight on for crying out loud. Both promotion and the holy grail are still achievable, but we all need some backbone for the battle.

People need to stop throwing the towel in 9 rounds into a 12 round fight!

My thoughts exactly. Too many defeatists on here.

Ozyhibby
20-03-2016, 02:46 PM
I think the share issue and HSL are our saving grace just now but season ticket sales will be key.

There are only 1400HSL members and about 150 new shareholders. Believe me when I say that it is not enough.

Blaster
20-03-2016, 04:53 PM
There are only 1400HSL members and about 150 new shareholders. Believe me when I say that it is not enough.

More than Utd have got coming in though Ozy. Where is their extra income going to come from? They've sold all their assets already hence the previous profit

I want more HSL members too though!!

basehibby
20-03-2016, 05:54 PM
What an utterly pathetic thread

Ringothedog
20-03-2016, 06:06 PM

Based on what ? Their current form ? Their far superior playing squad ? Their bigger resources ? Or is just your opinion ?

Ringothedog
20-03-2016, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;4626988]There are only 1400HSL members and about 150 new shareholders. Believe me when I say that it is not enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

So the funds raised from existing shareholders doesn't count or am I included in your figure of 150, and can I ask what your comment "it's not enough" means, we are obviously not going to go bust, every penny from HSL should be a bonus not a given, our cup runs should cover any loss this season and more.

1875STEVE
20-03-2016, 06:43 PM
If you had said to me at the start of the season, play offs with Raith, Falkirk, and either Hamilton or Killie id have bitten you hand off.

We will turn the corner, Imsure of it.

broondog
20-03-2016, 11:59 PM

have a word mate. as much as I agree it is looking very bleak in terms of coming up this season I have no doubt we will do it next season. Dundee Utd are nothing special and I doubt Falkirk can hit this kind of form again assuming they stay down as well. We will win the league comfortably next season.

Jones28
21-03-2016, 12:56 AM
Ain't gonna happen so we must be ****ed

ekhibee
21-03-2016, 01:56 AM
Well of course I'm hoping we go up via the play-offs this season. But if we are still in the Championship next season we'll still have most of the teams that we've been beaten by or beaten by the odd goal still in the same league as us, so we will need to invest, bearing in mind we'll lose the loan deals and other players might move on. And I don't think Falkirk would be a shoe-in to go up either. Didn't Hamilton stuff them 7-1 or something earlier in a cup game?

Turkish Green
21-03-2016, 09:47 AM
Pessimists the lot of you. Hibs only need another 6 pts to ensure a play-off place, and that assumes QOTS wins all their remaining 7 games (which they won't as they still have to play us and the Huns away). By then, all the current injured players should be back to full fitness.

Of course it is a decided benefit to finish 2nd (less play-off rounds and home advantage) but I am confident that a full strength Hibs can get through the play-offs and beat Killie in the final (after the split I see Hamilton picking up enough points to stay ahead of Killie).

My only concern is the number of fixtures Hibs may end up playing in May if they reach the SC Final and have to play in Rd 1 of the play-offs: Potential 7 fixtures in 19 days.

And currently the 2 Premiership Play-off Final legs are sandwiched either side of the SC Final and will need re-scheduling should Hibs reach both finals.

MAY
4 Championship play-off semi-finals, 1st leg
7 Championship play-off semi-finals, 2nd leg
11 Championship play-off final, 1st leg
15 Championship play-off final, 2nd leg
19 Premiership play-off final, 1st leg
21 Scottish Cup Final
22 Premiership play-off final, 2nd leg

All that is needed is a settled side and players to perform on the day..

Hermit Crab
21-03-2016, 11:38 AM

This is a Dundee Utd side we beat convincingly in the league cup. A Utd mate of mine to this day still says Hibs are the best team that's played Utd all season.

brog
21-03-2016, 11:50 AM
Pessimists the lot of you. Hibs only need another 6 pts to ensure a play-off place, and that assumes QOTS wins all their remaining 7 games (which they won't as they still have to play us and the Huns away). By then, all the current injured players should be back to full fitness.

Of course it is a decided benefit to finish 2nd (less play-off rounds and home advantage) but I am confident that a full strength Hibs can get through the play-offs and beat Killie in the final (after the split I see Hamilton picking up enough points to stay ahead of Killie).

My only concern is the number of fixtures Hibs may end up playing in May if they reach the SC Final and have to play in Rd 1 of the play-offs: Potential 7 fixtures in 19 days.

And currently the 2 Premiership Play-off Final legs are sandwiched either side of the SC Final and will need re-scheduling should Hibs reach both finals.

MAY
4 Championship play-off semi-finals, 1st leg
7 Championship play-off semi-finals, 2nd leg
11 Championship play-off final, 1st leg
15 Championship play-off final, 2nd leg
19 Premiership play-off final, 1st leg
21 Scottish Cup Final
22 Premiership play-off final, 2nd leg

All that is needed is a settled side and players to perform on the day..

Thank goodness for a commonsense post! Firstly we still have an excellent chance of finishing 2nd. At worst we finish 3rd & play Raith where we've won 4 & lost 1 this season. We could then play Falkirk where we have 1 win & 2 draws & then possibly play Hamilton, karma? There's no doubt our fixture list is a major concern, we're victims of our cup success, but hopefully key figures such as Hanlon, McGeouch & Fyvie will be back by then. Where's Carmichael incidentally?

Salt N Sauzee
21-03-2016, 11:50 AM
Bed wetters. Bed wetters everywhere.

My_Wife_Camille
21-03-2016, 12:25 PM
Bed wetters. Bed wetters everywhere.
Remember when people were being called bed wetters when we finished 4th instead of 3rd

Remember when people were being called bed wetters when we then struggled to finish in the top 6

Remember when people were being called bed wetters when we then failed to finish top 6

Remember when people were being called bed wetters when we then finished 10th and 11th

Remember when people were being called bed wetters when we looked like we were heading for the play offs

Remember when people were being called bed wetters when we made the play offs and got relegated

Remember when people were being called bed wetters when Hearts took a huge lead in the Championship and we struggled. "They'll drop points, you'll see"

Remember when people were being called bed wetters when we failed to go up through the play offs

Remember when people were being called bed wetters when we started this season poorly again and Rangers took a huge lead. "Only 5 points in it, nothing to worry about, still well clear of Falkirk"

Remember when people were being called bed wetters when we drew with Livingston, then lost to Morton, then lost to Dumbarton (again) "ok we've dropped to 3rd but we have 3 games in hand, all is good

Now we have people being dismissed at bed wetters(again) again after losing (again) to Raith Rovers and watching us fall further adrift from Falkirk.

And people wonder why they get accused of accepting mediocrity? The thing is, we've gone well past the point of being mediocre. Finishing mid table in the SPL was mediocre but the position we are in now, 3rd in the Championship, and desperat to make up points with our games in hand is shocking.

These people aren't accepting mediocrity, they are accepting failure as they have been doing for years.

hibee_nation
21-03-2016, 12:26 PM
I was looking forward to the semi against DU now i find out they are some footballing gods who are going to stroll the championship next season. FFS if they were that good they wouldnt be getting relegated.

hibee_nation
21-03-2016, 12:29 PM
Remember when people were being called bed wetters when we finished 4th instead of 3rd

Remember when people were being called bed wetters when we then struggled to finish in the top 6

Remember when people were being called bed wetters when we then failed to finish top 6

Remember when people were being called bed wetters when we then finished 10th and 11th

Remember when people were being called bed wetters when we looked like we were heading for the play offs

Remember when people were being called bed wetters when we made the play offs and got relegated

Remember when people were being called bed wetters when Hearts took a huge lead in the Championship and we struggled. "They'll drop points, you'll see"

Remember when people were being called bed wetters when we failed to go up through the play offs

Remember when people were being called bed wetters when we started this season poorly again and Rangers took a huge lead. "Only 5 points in it, nothing to worry about, still well clear of Falkirk"

Remember when people were being called bed wetters when we drew with Livingston, then lost to Morton, then lost to Dumbarton (again) "ok we've dropped to 3rd but we have 3 games in hand, all is good

Now we have people being dismissed at bed wetters(again) again after losing (again) to Raith Rovers and watching us fall further adrift from Falkirk.

And people wonder why they get accused of accepting mediocrity? The thing is, we've gone well past the point of being mediocre. Finishing mid table in the SPL was mediocre but the position we are in now, 3rd in the Championship, and desperat to make up points with our games in hand is shocking.

These people aren't accepting mediocrity, they are accepting failure as they have been doing for years.

Bedwetter

Waxy
21-03-2016, 12:43 PM
Dare we even think about actually gaining promotion AND winning the holy grail?

Salt N Sauzee
21-03-2016, 12:53 PM
Bedwetter

:hilarious

MrSmith
21-03-2016, 12:58 PM
Relegation will have dire consequences for Dundee Utd. I'd like to know where the financial part came in re winning the league at a canter??

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/6939351/No-clause-for-Dundee-United-players-to-take-DROP-in-wages.html

Fergus52
21-03-2016, 12:59 PM
We're in the playoffs. Even though it's unlikely we will win them, there's still hope we can.

Dundee Utd won't dominate anything next season.

You think Falkirk, Raith, Dundee utd and Kilmarnock are way better than us :confused:

stantonhibby
21-03-2016, 12:59 PM
Dare we even think about actually gaining promotion AND winning the holy grail?

No, we're doomed apparently.

My_Wife_Camille
21-03-2016, 01:03 PM
Bedwetter

:hilarious
Yams IMO

Kato
21-03-2016, 01:05 PM

Stinks to high heaven.

Hermit Crab
21-03-2016, 01:07 PM
Stinks to high heaven.

Just folk with a different opinion so they must be hearts fans.... This is getting ridiculous now.

Mango Man
21-03-2016, 01:14 PM
The play offs are such a big gamble, I don't know how any fan would be confident of going up through them, particularly Hibs, who have the worst luck of any football team in the history of football. I personally think we will not go up this season, the season for me was winning that final, but no.

I would take the league reconstruction in a heartbeat, hope it happens, because we are getting too comfortable in this league.

Couldn't have got relegated at a worse time. Bloody Hibs eh?!

NAE NOOKIE
21-03-2016, 01:19 PM
Any hope of reconstruction disappeared over the horizon with the currant buns ..... I would have bet on it happening if we had been in their position, but not now.

We are capable of beating any of the teams we will face in the play offs and if we don't I will worry about Dundee Utd when I see what personnel they and we get left with after relegation. If Falkirk stay down they are going to get pillaged by bigger clubs for their best players the way Queen of the South were.

Salt N Sauzee
21-03-2016, 01:46 PM
Yams IMO

:crazy:

away n have a lie doon or something :wink:

Mikey09
21-03-2016, 02:14 PM

I would!! The only hope we have?!
Utd will come down and dominate the league?! Aye cos they're a brilliant side eh?!
Get a grip! We've had some poor results of late but are folk really being serious saying this? Last I looked we still have the play offs as a route back to the top league. So aye I will knock Agnes's post!!!

My_Wife_Camille
21-03-2016, 02:16 PM
:crazy:

away n have a lie doon or something :wink:
The only people I have come across that are happy with our situation are yams. You are a yam imo as no Hibs fan would be happy with where we are right now.

Well maybe not a yam, you could be a Hun

Kato
21-03-2016, 02:20 PM
Just folk with a different opinion so they must be hearts fans.... This is getting ridiculous now.

Is it ridiculous that I hold a different opinion to you on the OP - or is your "opinion" always right ?

For what it's worth I think the statement "with Dundee Utd likely to come down and probably dominate the championship." stinks.

If you don't then fair's fair.

Salt N Sauzee
21-03-2016, 02:30 PM
The only people I have come across that are happy with our situation are yams. You are a yam imo as no Hibs fan would be happy with where we are right now.

Well maybe not a yam, you could be a Hun

Where did I say I was happy with our current situation?

Not even biting at the rest of your comment, deary me :hilarious

Turkish Green
21-03-2016, 02:37 PM
I was looking forward to the semi against DU now i find out they are some footballing gods who are going to stroll the championship next season. FFS if they were that good they wouldnt be getting relegated.

Their bad form was pre-Mixu apparently. Since Mixu it has been P24 W7 D4 L13. Be afraid, be very afraid.

My_Wife_Camille
21-03-2016, 03:57 PM

The bed wetter comment said it all. You think people are over reacting don't you? Which means you think the current situation is fine, which make you a yam imo

hibee_nation
21-03-2016, 04:01 PM

That will teach you not to laugh at my posts :greengrin
Think he is upset as it took him ages to write and no one said great post. :agree:

Salt N Sauzee
21-03-2016, 04:46 PM
The bed wetter comment said it all. You think people are over reacting don't you? Which means you think the current situation is fine, which make you a yam imo

The situation we're in isn't fine but we've got plenty time to get out of it. Which we will.

The season is far from finished Mr Bed wetter :aok:

Ringothedog
21-03-2016, 05:10 PM
Did Dundee Utd not make a profit off £2M in their last accounts, also a Scottish Cup Semi, possible final. I think they will be in a better financial position than us. Also, they will invest heavily to get back up first time, assuming they go down.

would it not have made more sense to invest that money this season to avoid relegation ? I think you will find that Dundee Utd don't have a bolt.

CropleyWasGod
21-03-2016, 05:28 PM
would it not have made more sense to invest that money this season to avoid relegation ? I think you will find that Dundee Utd don't have a bolt.

The player sales were largely used to pay off debt.

That, and Jackie's slice...

DH1875
21-03-2016, 05:33 PM

They'll get their parachute payment, which we won't.

Vini1875
21-03-2016, 05:40 PM
With players rested and injured players back the next three games are very winnable, which with a win in the semi gets us back to winning ways and able to over take Falkirk. All we need is a bit of momentum. I'm not saying the play offs won't be difficult, but this team has thrived on confidence and faded badly through a lack of confidence. Still all to play for.

Caversham Green
21-03-2016, 05:56 PM
The player sales were largely used to pay off debt.

That, and Jackie's slice...

The 2014 profit was actually made up entirely of debt forgiveness - that's money that was spent years ago. The 2015 accounts aren't in yet.

Paisley Hibby
21-03-2016, 06:30 PM
:troll:

:troll:

As plain as the hair on Agnes' chinny chin chin :wink:

jgl07
21-03-2016, 09:26 PM
Sniff, sniff.

One Day Soon
21-03-2016, 09:53 PM
This thread is absolutely reeking.

Its good to have people narrating how bad things are and how terrible it might all turn out to be though. That will make a huge difference.

rotherhamrob
21-03-2016, 10:07 PM

After reading this I may have to watch an eastenders omnibus edition, just to cheer myself up of course.
Talk about doom and gloom, I'm a glass half full guy and would prefer to think that with a full and fit squad in may we are more than capable of beating anyone over 2 legs.

Nicho87
21-03-2016, 10:18 PM
Whilst we still have a chance of promotion theres no doubt about it could be another strong year in the championship whether we're in it or not. Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock, Dunfermline, St Mirren, Rovers, certainly not a lot of gimmies in the league. Really hope we get there a third year out the top league is awful

broondog
21-03-2016, 11:25 PM

Give it a rest ffs, to be giving up on next season already is ridiculous. I admit that it looks unlikely we will make it this season and I accept that but to write off next season is madness. dundee utd will not be in better shape than us they are awful and no way falkirk are repeating their excellent form again next year. we still have a great squad and even with a couple of departyres we will be in good shape. couple that with the fact rangers will be out and we will likely be under a new manager who will hopefully have tactical ability as well as man management skills. I am confident of winning the league by some distance next year.

Giro Playboy
21-03-2016, 11:32 PM
I admit that it looks unlikely we will make it this season . And considering our budget that scenario is outrageous. I refuse to even contemplate a 3rd season in this league.

Forza Fred
21-03-2016, 11:59 PM
Give it a rest ffs, to be giving up on next season already is ridiculous. I admit that it looks unlikely we will make it this season and I accept that but to write off next season is madness. dundee utd will not be in better shape than us they are awful and no way falkirk are repeating their excellent form again next year. we still have a great squad and even with a couple of departyres we will be in good shape. couple that with the fact rangers will be out and we will likely be under a new manager who will hopefully have tactical ability as well as man management skills. I am confident of winning the league by some distance next year.

With players rested and injured players back the next three games are very winnable, which with a win in the semi gets us back to winning ways and able to over take Falkirk. All we need is a bit of momentum. I'm not saying the play offs won't be difficult, but this team has thrived on confidence and faded badly through a lack of confidence. Still all to play for.

Interesting post, and not seeking to start a long debate, but several times this season on another set of exchanges when I questioned our relative stuttering progress at that particular time, the fairly terse response I received from some was similar to what is offered above...namely that once we got the injured players back, who were not far off fitness,the everything would be OK.

It didn't quite turnout like that these past couple of times.

Dashing Bob S
22-03-2016, 12:08 AM
Don't think we should be preparing for defeat by Dundee United in next season's championship, when we're still in the running for promotion and are coming up against them in a Scottish Cup semi-final.

The only message this thread sends is that whether or not the team have lost their bottle, some of our supporters certainly have.

Baader
22-03-2016, 12:19 AM
Talk about defeatist. We can still go up and I expect us still to do so.

How will Utd 'dominate' exactly? We absolutely tore them apart in our last meeting. Sorry but the op is hysterical and this is just knee jerk negativity.

MWHIBBIES
22-03-2016, 12:36 AM
The bed wetter comment said it all. You think people are over reacting don't you? Which means you think the current situation is fine, which make you a yam imoNo it doesn't.

Pete
22-03-2016, 01:01 AM

The "different opinions" on show are unnecessarily negative though. You're zipped up the back if you don't think there are sad hearts trolls on here trying to spread despair amongst our support (not sure how effective the exercise is though considering fans don't get on the pitch).

The best case scenario is now being competitive in the championship next season and the worst case is being down here forever, financial ruin, fans deserting and a big sink hole opening up and swallowing the ground. Any counter argument is met with "the last four games" or "Dumbarton".

A slight exaggeration but I'm again just glad that fans don't really effect the attitude of the players on the pitch. We are more than capable of finishing above Falkirk and getting through the play offs even if we finish third and the players know this.

It is indeed getting ridiculous.

JOD
22-03-2016, 03:09 AM
I live in Falkirk. They think they are Hosed in. Srry for all you doubters out there.

Play off Final US v Dundee Hibs.

Sc Cup Final US v Derr Hun.

Whether we win them that's the question???? :pray:

Niffy
22-03-2016, 07:05 AM
Is going up via reconstruction any worse than say to win the Scottish cup for example having played really bad, played off the park and get a dodgey 90th min penalty ?

How many of us would settle for that.

You could say it's the same thing, not deserve , but got the end result.