PDA

View Full Version : Fitness

neil7908
20-03-2016, 06:05 AM
It's hard at the moment and whenever going on a bad run you are always looking for answers (sometimes in the wrong place). I do feel that we look shattered at the moment which is hugely disappointing if that is the case. Yes I know we've played a few extra games in the cup but it's only mid March. We have a pretty young team and given some of the sides in this league are part time, should be running rings around them.

Earl of Currie
20-03-2016, 06:22 AM
I think the firness is generally quite poor from Scottish teams , appreciate some teams are part-time but fo the full time teams there is no excuse.
Think in general the fitness approach in general has fallen behind other sports. We do not have European ties or significant travel , so there should be no reason why we are not fit enough to play 2 games a week , every week.

If you look at the Championship / League 1 teams from England , they have already played 37/38 league games as well as cup matches without complaint of fixture congestion/winter shutdowns etc and do this season after season.

rcarter1
20-03-2016, 06:41 AM
It's hard at the moment and whenever going on a bad run you are always looking for answers (sometimes in the wrong place). I do feel that we look shattered at the moment which is hugely disappointing if that is the case. Yes I know we've played a few extra games in the cup but it's only mid March. We have a pretty young team and given some of the sides in this league are part time, should be running rings around them.

The players may be mentally drained. The club is under pressure - more so than the other league sides to achieve promotion (apart from Rangers). The Cup games have seen some massive occasions, Cup Final, Derby etc. I could imagine this has taken a lot out of the players. In addition Stokes has taken time to get sharp, Cummings has lost form since being touted for bigger things, and perhaps Gray is coming to the end of his career and his performances are suffering. Injuries have not helped either.

Tough times, but we just need to focus on winning play off games when they come. Unfortunately we will be chasing hard for 2nd so there is no let up.

J-C
20-03-2016, 07:06 AM
He has heaped a lot of pressure on young lad's like McGinn, Henderson and Cummings,they're still learning their trade and all look like they need a rest. Also Stubbs refusal to freshen things up or make tactical changes isn't helping, plus too many youngsters on loan like Sammy or Martin where fresh legs are needed in these games.

Ozyhibby
20-03-2016, 07:20 AM
I don't think it's fitness. We were not scoring enough goals at the beginning of the season either. This is a long term problem we have had and there appears to be no solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colr
20-03-2016, 07:31 AM
I don't think it's fitness. We were not scoring enough goals at the beginning of the season either. This is a long term problem we have had and there appears to be no solution.

This is it. Look how many shots on goal yesterday again. They are working hard but still only draping through when they win at all. If they were converting the chances they make they could relax and enjoy their football more. They must be pretty drained.

Ronniekirk
20-03-2016, 08:18 AM

The solution was supposed to be stokes and Dagnall s goals augmenting Cummings goals with Keating's chipping in
But as we now know Cummings confidence looks like it has gone and cant buy a goal and Stubbs must know what the cause is surely
Keating's is going through his worst spell Dagnall what can you say always seems unlucky not to score .but always the bridesmaid never the Bride
The midfield need to chip in more but none are prolific ,and Agree with someone else, too much is expected of young players like McGinn and Henderson ( international games are the last thing we need them to be playing Right now
Stubbs did look shell shocked yesterday and rightly so as that just wasn't acceptable
But he is the one picking team and tactics and ultimately has to carry the can
Now he has criticised the players publicly he needs a reaction