PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hanlon

coldingham hibs
19-03-2016, 09:40 PM
Is it just coincidence or do we always go on a horrific run of results whenever Paul Hanlon is injured?

dp00
19-03-2016, 09:53 PM
Nope, I think defence looks miles better when he is in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJP
19-03-2016, 10:35 PM
Said this on another thread but it's not a good enough excuse for me. I rate Hanlon but Fontaine and McGregor are experienced players and adequeite replacements.

LaMotta
19-03-2016, 10:42 PM
Is it just coincidence or do we always go on a horrific run of results whenever Paul Hanlon is injured?

Was thinking the same earlier.

The_Horde
19-03-2016, 10:59 PM
Hanlon played in our defeat to Dumbarton didn't he?

Fergos
19-03-2016, 11:07 PM
Hanlon played in our defeat to Dumbarton didn't he?

He rightly did.

IMHO our best and most consistent performer season to date as a whole. Lost some silly goals since he's been out. Not the whole of our issues at the moment it has to be said unfortunately....

GGTTH

The_Horde
19-03-2016, 11:09 PM
He rightly did.

IMHO our best and most consistent performer season to date as a whole. Lost some silly goals since he's been out. Not the whole of our issues at the moment it has to be said unfortunately....

GGTTH

Our main. And biggest problem is keeping the ball.

ekhibee
19-03-2016, 11:48 PM
He was regularly in the team that was relegated, so I take it you mean THIS season? Hanlon's played well and improved as a player out of all recognition. A couple of years ago I could never quite understand why the managers always played him as I didn't rate him at all, he seemed slow, his ball control and passing was poor and he didn't even seem that good a defender. He must've shown something as he was captain of the Scotland Under-21's.I'm happy to admit that for me he's transformed into a good, reliable and solid player who is sorely missed at the moment.

MWHIBBIES
20-03-2016, 12:46 AM
He was regularly in the team that was relegated, so I take it you mean THIS season? Hanlon's played well and improved as a player out of all recognition. A couple of years ago I could never quite understand why the managers always played him as I didn't rate him at all, he seemed slow, his ball control and passing was poor and he didn't even seem that good a defender. He must've shown something as he was captain of the Scotland Under-21's.I'm happy to admit that for me he's transformed into a good, reliable and solid player who is sorely missed at the moment.We were 7th when Hanlon got injured.

20-03-2016, 01:21 AM
Sooner Hanlon's back in the defence the better.
Not the most aggressive centre-half in the game but until injured I would have ranked him as our best defender this season. Thought he was showing great maturity in his play this season. Also have to give him a special mention for that goal and especially that celebration v Hearts.

Speedy recovery Paul.

Yorkshire HFC
20-03-2016, 04:37 AM
Every Hibs player gets better when they're not playing!

Libby Hibby
20-03-2016, 05:22 AM
Our main. And biggest problem is keeping the ball.

Correct. The ball never ever feels like it sticks when it goes up top. What I mean by that is it always bounces off the strikers which leads to the opposition winning it back far too easily.

Cummings is constantly guilty of this and deserves a spell on the bench...indefinitely, until his displays start warranting a starting place. Dagnal and Stokes to start a run of games.

Aldo
20-03-2016, 06:44 AM
Correct. The ball never ever feels like it sticks when it goes up top. What I mean by that is it always bounces off the strikers which leads to the opposition winning it back far too easily. Cummings is constantly guilty of this and deserves a spell on the bench...indefinitely, until his displays start warranting a starting place. Dagnal and Stokes to start a run of games.

Edit: wrong thread