PDA

View Full Version : Jordon Forster

Zazu62
19-03-2016, 08:24 PM
I know he got injured out on loan but why did we let him go in the first place? I thought he was a great young defender

murray26
19-03-2016, 08:29 PM
Better ask Stubbs.. Personally I thought he could have come in and done a job when needed.. The defence really needs rotated and freshened up.. They look done in at the moment..

Smartie
19-03-2016, 08:30 PM
Strange things happened in January.

I can't believe we let Forster go, we were always going to need him at some point.

I'm equally confused as to why we haven't played Gunnarson more - he's looked sound when he's played.

Booked4Being-Ugly
19-03-2016, 08:34 PM
Thought the same myself - I still can't believe we let such a good young talent go out on loan and leave us short.

Biggie
19-03-2016, 08:35 PM

I can't believe we let Forster go, we were always going to need him at some point.

I'm equally confused as to why we haven't played Gunnarson more - he's looked sound when he's played.

These fringe players must be devastated at not getting game time when you see the defenders making mistakes that cost us points...and the strikers not being able to hit a coos Arse with a banjo......yet Stubbs keeps picking them. He clearly doesn't rate/trust the squad players....

Billy Whizz
19-03-2016, 08:35 PM

Forster has had a lot of injury problems the last few seasons or so, maybe he had to go out on loan to get some game time. I'm disappointed we haven't seen more of Gunnarson. I thinks Stubbs is stubborn, excuse the pun, as he seems to pick the same players game after game.

Schteff
19-03-2016, 08:45 PM
IMO Forster is a better player than Fontaine, he's quicker at least

The Harp Awakes
19-03-2016, 08:51 PM

I agree with you that Forster is a better player than Fontaine, and he certainly carries more of a goal threat in the opposing box, but like Fontaine he has no pace. We are suffering from a lack of pace in the team generally, particularly at the back. Ross County's winning goal in the Cup Final was due to the fact they broke at pace and we couldn't live with it.

hibs0666
I know he got injured out on loan but why did we let him go in the first place? I thought he was a great young defender

So that he could get games. You just don't seem to understand.

Centre Hawf
Let's not quickly jump about pretending Forster would have won us a cup or kept us behind Rangers. He is an ok defender who is constantly injured and tbh is not that good with the ball at his feet. I much prefer the choice of the 4 we have now, what I would however like us to do is bring Gunnarsson in for a few games and give him a run and freshen the squad up.

Bishop Hibee
19-03-2016, 08:59 PM
Neither goal was Fontaine's fault. Gray was poor for both.

That said, Forster going was a strange decision. Gunnarson seems no better.

Nicho87
19-03-2016, 09:05 PM
He was a first pick when stubbs first joined the faded out came back early this season, mcgregor signed and aint got a sniff since. I really like forster, shame it worked it out this way

MWHIBBIES
19-03-2016, 10:06 PM
Another player becomes better when he leaves. Forster was murder in the season of our relegation, he had 18 months to prove he was better than Fontaine and he didn't do it.

gaz1875
19-03-2016, 10:21 PM
Another player becomes better when he leaves. Forster was murder in the season of our relegation, he had 18 months to prove he was better than Fontaine and he didn't do it.

Spot on...he was sometimes good and sometimes poor not consistent, he had and has potential but kept picking up injuries and not in my opinion better than Fontaine for now.

Big L
19-03-2016, 10:33 PM

Totally agree with that.

Onceinawhile
19-03-2016, 11:39 PM
We always play a left footer at centre back.

It might be two left footers (Hanlon and fonts) or one of each (Hanlon/fonts) and mcgregor, but forster still wouldn't get a game, because we have Fontaine and mcgregor fit.

One thing for sure though. We'd have scored a lot more from corners.

lucky
20-03-2016, 06:45 AM
It appears that the longer a player does not play for us the better he becomes. Forster has barely kicked a ball for Hibs in the last 18 months. The decision to let him go was easy for Stubbs. We had 3 established CHs who up until January were all playing well. Stubbs then brought in Gunnerson who can cover at RB or CH and freshen the squad up. I believe that there is stronger argument for Gunnerson getting game time than Forster being let go.

Scouse Hibee
20-03-2016, 07:09 AM

Not so sure he is that bad a player to be honest but agree that nearly every player who either leaves or is out the team through injury for a long period is always remembered as being better than he actually was.

Tyler Durden
20-03-2016, 07:46 AM
So that he could get games. You just don't seem to understand.

These games would be of no benefit to Hibs though, he won't be back.

McGregor was faultless until the Morton game, been all over the place since then but we've very few options to drop players in defence

hibs0666
20-03-2016, 08:20 AM
These games would be of no benefit to Hibs though, he won't be back.

McGregor was faultless until the Morton game, been all over the place since then but we've very few options to drop players in defence

But the games would have benefited the player hugely.

SJM
20-03-2016, 08:44 AM
Jordon won't be back at Hibs under Stubbs he's been made clear of that. I always thought he was future captain.

Tyler Durden
20-03-2016, 09:22 AM
But the games would have benefited the player hugely.

Who cares?!

That would be fine if Forster had 2/3 years left on his deal. As it stands he won't return to Hibs. Stubbs is meant to put the interests of Hibs first, not the player. Obviously he thought he could do without Forster, I just think he'd have been a good option to have had these past few months

Billy Whizz
20-03-2016, 09:29 AM
Jordon won't be back at Hibs under Stubbs he's been made clear of that. I always thought he was future captain.

Thought he's been offered a contract?

Tyler Durden
20-03-2016, 09:33 AM

His comments when leaving were quite clear. Why would he sign when he knows Fontaine and McGregor are ahead of him? It would take something quite drastic to happen (ie Stubbs leaving) for Forster to sign.

Understandably he wants first team football

Billy Whizz
20-03-2016, 09:38 AM
His comments when leaving were quite clear. Why would he sign when he knows Fontaine and McGregor are ahead of him? It would take something quite drastic to happen (ie Stubbs leaving) for Forster to sign.

Understandably he wants first team football

I think he's because of his age, Hibs are due a development fee, if we offered him one. Whether he signs it or not, is another question

blackpoolhibs
20-03-2016, 10:25 AM
The manager wont play Gunnarson who had come on to a very good game, so he's not going to bring Jordon back who he clearly doesnt rate.

Kojock
20-03-2016, 10:49 AM
Now this is probably a load o p155 but the story I heard was that Stubbs told him there was a good chance of playing in the next game as one of our defenders was carrying an injury. Jordan then went and got a back tattoo done. The injured player was ruled out and when Jordan was told he was playing he said he couldn't as his tattoo was too painful.

SJM
20-03-2016, 10:59 AM

No, it was never there. He will hopefully be back one day, just not under current management.

SJM
20-03-2016, 11:01 AM
Now this is probably a load o p155 but the story I heard was that Stubbs told him there was a good chance of playing in the next game as one of our defenders was carrying an injury. Jordan then went and got a back tattoo done. The injured player was ruled out and when Jordan was told he was playing he said he couldn't as his tattoo was too painful.

Tattoos done in pre season as club policy.

since90plustwo
21-03-2016, 03:05 PM
Last season Fontaine was one of our best players. Start of this season him and hanlon were the preffered combination and Fozzy as reserve. Then Darren McGregor became available which is a player you cannot afford top say no to, and rightly so going by his performances thus far. Forster never played at all this year and wanted a move away. I rate him very highly, a good hibby, but not as good as Hanlon, Fointaine or McGregor.

Silky
21-03-2016, 03:58 PM
Tattoos done in pre season as club policy.

The club has a tattoo policy? Wow. What about piercings?

Mcpakeisgod
21-03-2016, 03:58 PM
Last season Fontaine was one of our best players. Start of this season him and hanlon were the preffered combination and Fozzy as reserve. Then Darren McGregor became available which is a player you cannot afford top say no to, and rightly so going by his performances thus far. Forster never played at all this year and wanted a move away. I rate him very highly, a good hibby, but not as good as Hanlon, Fointaine or McGregor.

Bang on, as simple as that

Smartie
21-03-2016, 04:38 PM
The club has a tattoo policy? Wow. What about piercings?

In the highly unlikely event that Dylan McGeouch's "troublesome groin injury" is something to do with a foosty "Prince Albert" then they may have to introduce one.

J-C
22-03-2016, 08:12 AM

What a load of croc, tats are only painful when getting done, they heal fairly quickly and are a bit tender for maybe a day or so.

Jonnyboy
28-03-2016, 03:06 PM
Playing at right back for Plymouth today. 3-0 up at half time to York who have Deek on the bench.

Edit: oops just seen the other thread

Hamish
28-03-2016, 03:33 PM
Perhaps the thread title threw you JB?. My bad.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
28-03-2016, 03:47 PM
Perhaps the thread title threw you JB?. My bad.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Nah, it's just old age :greengrin

Ryan69
28-03-2016, 03:58 PM
What a load of croc, tats are only painful when getting done, they heal fairly quickly and are a bit tender for maybe a day or so.

Have you ever had a tattoo done???
They can take weeks to heal....and be very painful for a few days depending where you get it done,and how good a tattooist it was that did it!

J-C
28-03-2016, 05:00 PM
Have you ever had a tattoo done???
They can take weeks to heal....and be very painful for a few days depending where you get it done,and how good a tattooist it was that did it!

I have 7 tats, painful at the time depending where, can be a bit sore a day after but no player would ever get a tat done during the season due to the fact it takes a couple of weeks for it to heal and scab over, playing a physical game would and could damage any work done by knocking scabs off and ruin it.

Weststandwanab
28-03-2016, 06:14 PM
I have 7 tats, painful at the time depending where, can be a bit sore a day after but no player would ever get a tat done during the season due to the fact it takes a couple of weeks for it to heal and scab over, playing a physical game would and could damage any work done by knocking scabs off and ruin it.

When you said tat, I read that as tart and thought it was a whole different ball game.

theonlywayisup
28-03-2016, 08:15 PM
Playing at right back for Plymouth today. 3-0 up at half time to York who have Deek on the bench.

Edit: oops just seen the other thread

http://www.pafc.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-report/?matchid=3834403&tcmuri=2516359

Some of his highlights or lowlights! The guy in front of me used to hate Forster!

Following the Pilgrims' 2-0 win at Morecambe on Good Friday, manager Derek Adams made just one change, and that was an enforced one. Oscar Threlkeld picked up a thigh strain at the Globe Arena that had not had sufficient time to heal over the Easter weekend. Jordan Forster, who had not even travelled to the north-west - a victim of the ruling that allows just five loanees in a match-day squad - returned to the side for his first appearance since departing the match at Barnet, four weeks previous, on a stretcher.

Summerfield was the first to show as York looked to hit back, showing a nifty turn of pace on the edge of the area. He tried to play in Fewster, but a hugely important touch from a lunging Forster diverted the ball just enough to make Fewster pause. By the time he did, and got the ball under his control, he was off balance, and clipped an easy effort into Luke McCormick's arms.

Forster showed up at the other end presently, receiving a ball laid back to him by Jake Jervis, and played a teasing far-post aerial ball. Reid attacked it; perhaps too strongly, as he headed over the bar.

A York corner to the far post saw Forster the wrong side of Boyle, and as the Argyle man desperately attempted to regain his ground, he pulled his opponent to the deck. Another penalty was awarded, and York won the battle of the Lukes, as Summerfield blasted past McCormick.

A ball Argyle half-cleared three times fell to Penn, who also had a shot partially blocked. The referee then gave Argyle a free-kick after Forster - who has been missing with a facial injury, lest we forget - caught a boot in the face as substitute Vadaine Oliver attempted an overhead kick.

Booked: Forster 86.

KWJ
29-03-2016, 02:59 AM

whs.

Reckon Forster has the potential to be a very good player but he does seem to struggle to get a run of games together. Hope he makes it though.

I do reckon the only defender in our team whose place should be looked at for now is Gray, his form has dipped and we have a hungry Gunner that's looked impressive whenever he's played alongwith the option of pushing DM to right back and reintroducing Hanlon to centre back.

Or there's the 3-5-2...