PDA

View Full Version : Spectacular sitter.

Hibrandenburg
19-03-2016, 06:40 PM
https://youtu.be/Kmc5CGkhSt0

How can you miss that? :confused:

DaveF
19-03-2016, 06:42 PM
Aye, it's a shocker but you could show a montage of all the goals he's scored to win us games and points too.

Pete
19-03-2016, 06:44 PM
To be fair he didn't mean it. He's scored enough goals to be remembered for something other than this.

He missed and we move on.

marinello59
19-03-2016, 06:47 PM
The header at Tynecastle alone more than makes up for missing that one.
It wasn't his day today and he deserved to be hooked but let's not pile more misery on the lad. He will be horrified enough at that one.

Hibernia&Alba
19-03-2016, 06:49 PM
Still can't believe it; he'll always be reminded of that miss. He's playing with no confidence just now.

gaz1875
19-03-2016, 06:50 PM
Missed some easy looking chances this season, his goals have blinded people to them. Now he couldn't buy a goal they are standing out big time.

Pete
19-03-2016, 06:51 PM
Still can't believe it; he'll always be reminded of that miss. He's playing with no confidence just now.

Well whoever tries to remind him will get his goal stats shoved back in their face and told tae sook the boaby.

**** it. Time to circle the wagons and Jase is one of our boys.

Thecat23
19-03-2016, 06:52 PM

Not if he fires us into the top flight. I've calmed down now and I think he needs a week or two on the bench. Rest may do him good and come back stronger.

marinello59

So why has Stubbs hung him out to dry? An arm round the shoulder and a rest might have been better than chucking him out there again tonight.

murray26
Anyone can miss a sitter.. The important thing is he gets over it and starts banging them in again.. I certainly don't hold it against him.. The best thing he could do is sign a new deal and get his head back in the right place..

coldingham hibs
19-03-2016, 06:54 PM
He misses sitters week on week, what's another one?.

P.s he's not the only one.

stubru59
19-03-2016, 06:54 PM

He shouldn't, he can't, but he does. And just prior to that, he wanted two touches on a ball that should have been hit first time and consequently allowed the defender time to clear. Never looked like scoring.

Waxy
19-03-2016, 07:05 PM
What i like is how gutted he is. Give us that everytime over someone who doesnt give £&@&.The hammer of the Hearts.

emerald green
19-03-2016, 07:09 PM
FFS my grannie could have knocked that in from there. I know the lad is gutted but it's his job to put chances like that away. No excuse for that miss, and I bet Cummings would agree with that.

Schteff
19-03-2016, 07:12 PM
He'll be more pissed off tonight than any of us

Hibernia&Alba
19-03-2016, 07:13 PM
So why has Stubbs hung him out to dry? An arm round the shoulder and a rest might have been better than chucking him out there again tonight.

It's one of those calls managers are paid to make. Do you drop a striker who is out form, in order to freshen him up; or would that further undermine his confidence? There comes a point, of course, when an out of form player can't justify his place.

SeanWilson
19-03-2016, 07:17 PM

Hindsights' a wonderful thing though, isn't it? Cummings scores that sitter and who knows what that leads him on to? He's fit, he's young and he's hungry, perhaps he needs a spell on the bench, however perhaps our manager who's been in the game a wee while thought a game against Raith f'n rovers might have been an opportunity for him to get his confidence back.... It didn't work out, hardly hanging him out to dry.

emerald green
19-03-2016, 07:19 PM
Hindsights' a wonderful thing though, isn't it? Cummings scores that sitter and who knows what that leads him on to? He's fit, he's young and he's hungry, perhaps he needs a spell on the bench, however perhaps our manager who's been in the game a wee while thought a game against Raith f'n rovers might have been an opportunity for him to get his confidence back.... It didn't work out, hardly hanging him out to dry.

Cummings hasn't scored a goal since February 16th.

Nicho87
19-03-2016, 07:20 PM
Start el alagui next week and boyle

SteveHFC
19-03-2016, 07:22 PM
Start el alagui next week and boyle

And Gunnarson. Drop Gray and Cummings.

marinello59
19-03-2016, 07:22 PM

When did he last score? A wee spell in the devolpment squad to let him get some scores on the door wouldn't be a bad thing would it?

cmcd
19-03-2016, 07:27 PM
Aye, it's a shocker but you could show a montage of all the goals he's scored to win us games and points too.

If Stokes had missed that he would have got dogs abuse (again) Sorry but no excuse for that miss

lyonhibs
19-03-2016, 07:29 PM
Wow. That's appalling. Almost impossible to miss from there. On his left as well.

Like I said, wow.

Tyler Durden
19-03-2016, 07:31 PM
People talking rubbish to suggest he's in terrible form. Terrible miss today yes.

However he had a hand in both goals during the week, was very unlucky not to score and also laid one on a plate for Stokes in injury time. Had probably our two most threatening efforts on goal in the cup final too.

Let's get the rest of the team sorted please before we worry about Cummings

Edit - having said all that, wouldn't disagree that he should/could be benched for next game for his own good!

One Day Soon
19-03-2016, 07:34 PM
Jason is the kind of guy who will be going nuts with himself for missing it but by Monday morning will champing at the bit to get training and get over it. He's a cracking player and everyone can have a dry spell.

I've seen more spectacular sitters missed. The league title at Dens Park in 1986 comes to mind. Now THAT was a sitter.

skipster7
19-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Well whoever tries to remind him will get his goal stats shoved back in their face and told tae sook the boaby.

**** it. Time to circle the wagons and Jase is one of our boys.
Spot on.

Coco Bryce
19-03-2016, 07:38 PM
It's a howler to be fair.

Stokesy's on fire
19-03-2016, 07:39 PM
That's the worst miss I have seen since van vossen

Smartie
19-03-2016, 07:41 PM
I've been on his case for weeks.

He's not been good enough, he shouldn't have been getting picked, it doesn't work for him when he's up front with Stokes. His attitude gets on my nerves at times, I was really annoyed at his red card against Hearts.

I have to say though I have never felt for a Hibs player as much as I did tonight. The camera kept cutting to him on the bench and he was clearly devastated. This is a guy who has had a very serious injury, been binned by the club he supported and he's missed a penalty in a shoot out that saw his team relegated - all as a teenager.

Yet he's also scored wining goals in derbies, scored in almost all of our big games and been top scorer for a season.

He really needs our support right now and he needs the RIGHT kind of support from his manager.

The thing I've always liked about him is his ability to bounce back - he's always missed chances but gone back for more.

This is a bad one, no doubt about it, but he'll be back.

Johnny_Leith
19-03-2016, 07:42 PM
I like Cummings as a player. But that's probably one of the worst misses I've ever seen. Fully expect it to go viral and see it in YouTube worst miss compilations in the future unfortunately.

HappyHanlon
19-03-2016, 07:43 PM
Dreadful miss. Needs dropped unfortunately.

Borderhibbie76
19-03-2016, 07:47 PM
Agreed it's bad management from stubbs continuing to start a player so off form...he should have been rested weeks ago...he is only 20.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
19-03-2016, 07:50 PM
Dreadful miss. Needs dropped unfortunately.

Think that needs reworded, maybe needs a few subs appearances to build up his confidence again. Let's not rip Jason, anyone can miss an easy chance

Alfred E Newman
19-03-2016, 08:04 PM

The miss was a shocker and the lad was totally distraught but subbing him immediately was poor man management . Cummings might not recover from that.
I expected better from Stubbs.

JimBHibees
19-03-2016, 08:14 PM
He misses sitters week on week, what's another one?.

P.s he's not the only one.

Bollocks

19-03-2016, 08:15 PM
Been off the boil for a while now. Maybe time to drop him and give him a rest. Give Farid a chance in the starting 11.

This is in no way a dig at Jason, just think he needs a rest for a bit.

TonyStokeprano
19-03-2016, 08:17 PM
The miss was a shocker and the lad was totally distraught but subbing him immediately was poor man management . Cummings might not recover from that.

Spot on mate, thought he should be given 5 or 10 minutes redeem himself instead of being hooked off with that being his last contribution.

The Harp Awakes
19-03-2016, 08:17 PM
Agreed it's bad management from stubbs continuing to start a player so off form...he should have been rested weeks ago...he is only 20.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Don't forget he was also 1 on 1 with the goalie before that miss and somehow forgot to take the ball with him. Jason is suffering from a poor run of form just now and lacking confidence. I'm sure he'll turn things around but I agree, Stubbs has done him no favours keeping on playing him. He needed benched several games ago and if he had been, his poor form might have been a blip.

Billy Whizz
19-03-2016, 08:18 PM
Spot on mate, thought he should be given 5 or 10 minutes redeem himself instead of being hooked off with that being his last contribution.

Farid had been called back to replace him, a few mins before the miss

stirling_hibee
19-03-2016, 08:24 PM
FFS my grannie could have knocked that in from there. I know the lad is gutted but it's his job to put chances like that away. No excuse for that miss, and I bet Cummings would agree with that.

Mind how good you were at doing your job when you were 20? The boy has scored 20ish goals this season, missed a sitter then you could see replayed it through his mind on he bench.

Personally think he needs a rest, he'll play at a far higher level than the scottish championship in his time.

Hi Heid Yin
19-03-2016, 08:44 PM
I like Cummings as a player. But that's probably one of the worst misses I've ever seen. Fully expect it to go viral and see it in YouTube worst miss compilations in the future unfortunately.

:agree: Sadly

emerald green
19-03-2016, 08:53 PM
Mind how good you were at doing your job when you were 20? The boy has scored 20ish goals this season, missed a sitter then you could see replayed it through his mind on he bench.

Personally think he needs a rest, he'll play at a far higher level than the scottish championship in his time.

I was actually quite good even if I say so myself, but that is totally irrelevant. I was not a full time professional footballer.

I know he will be very disappointed, but he has to score with that. He will admit that himself I'll bet.

TheMentalHibees
19-03-2016, 09:15 PM
That miss is a metaphor for our season so far: a great opportunity squandered. Obviously a glaring error like that is going to stand out but Jason's performances have been no worse than some of our defenders in recent weeks. Singling out one player when the whole team is underperforming is wholly unfair. It's not like the rest of the team covered themselves in glory after he went off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack
19-03-2016, 09:15 PM
Oft!

Twas a frigging shocker!

He's off the boil just now. We might want to try Boyling things differently.

DaveF
19-03-2016, 09:17 PM
On the bright side, it didn't count as a shot on target so the stats don't look as bad :greengrin

Lago
19-03-2016, 09:21 PM
Not if he fires us into the top flight. I've calmed down now and I think he needs a week or two on the bench. Rest may do him good and come back stronger.
Glad your calm, but your right the boy needs a breather, he was absolutely distraught tonight and I felt for him. Hibs fans need to get behind and support him we need him firing on all cylinders for the play offs. One final point I thought Stubbs was wrong to sub him the way he did, should have waited 5 mins rather than right after miss, it made it look as he and he along was to blame for Hibs poor display, and that was not the case.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-03-2016, 09:36 PM
It was a shinny. **** happens.

penihibs
19-03-2016, 10:02 PM

Your bamg on !! What's that going to do for team moral, Keating's never kicked a ball again today.
He looked distraught about it but he's done the business plenty time this season for us,
Stubbs subs has been shocking this term,let the lad play on to try and sort it out,he's done it with Stokes.
Bad management I think..

monktonharp
19-03-2016, 10:34 PM
To be fair he didn't mean it. He's scored enough goals to be remembered for something other than this.

He missed and we move on.to be fair Peter, we all ken he did not mean it. what is really puzzling is how could he miss it. That must be the biggest miss of the century. my F/ckin washine machine could have scored from there. un effin believable. nice to see him hanging his heid in shame. wonder how he thought the Hibernian fans went though that or was he thinking.....this will affect my chances of a move.! It was his demeanor when hitting it as if it was in, when he went past the post that annoyed me so much. It was as if he assumed it was done. dear god, please give me strength.

Captain Trips
19-03-2016, 10:43 PM
As bad as any keeper error, sorry but this is actually why we were not only miles behind Rangers points wise but also goals wise.

Asking for a goal from 2yds is now too much. Oxley and the defence are not the problem at ER.

monktonharp
19-03-2016, 10:49 PM
As bad as any keeper error, sorry but this is actually why we were not only miles behind Rangers points wise but also goals wise.

Asking for a goal from 2yds is now too much. Oxley and the defence are not the problem at ER.sorry Carlsberg, but I think your calculations are slightly off. 2 yards? I question that. maybe a yard and a bawhair!

Pete
19-03-2016, 10:57 PM
to be fair Peter, we all ken he did not mean it. what is really puzzling is how could he miss it. That must be the biggest miss of the century. my F/ckin washine machine could have scored from there. un effin believable. nice to see him hanging his heid in shame. wonder how he thought the Hibernian fans went though that or was he thinking.....this will affect my chances of a move.! It was his demeanor when hitting it as if it was in, when he went past the post that annoyed me so much. It was as if he assumed it was done. dear god, please give me strength.

I don't know about your washing machine but Jason did make a Meile of it.

skipster7
19-03-2016, 10:59 PM

Asking for a goal from 2yds is now too much. Oxley and the defence are not the problem at ER.

Not the only problem but for me the major one. Chasing games every week because we're gifting goals.very similar to his goal against Hearts but he mis-hits this one.
He's going through a bad spell but hopefully it ends soon.
Fwiw theres been posts slating Stubbs for weeks for not hooking him early and now hes being slated for mot keeping him on longer when he's having a poor game. You couldn't make it up 😂

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2016, 11:01 PM
I think he's a headless chicken who's somehow managed to score a lot of goals, but doesn't look like he will score another. I agree he should have a few games in the development squad, perhaps that might get his confidence back?

leggeto
19-03-2016, 11:03 PM

He will get over it,it come off his shin

Hibrandenburg
20-03-2016, 05:26 AM

What I found interesting was his reaction after the miss or more his reactions. The laddie couldn't decide how to react. I get the feeling he's got more on his mind than just fitba and maybe a wee time out from the first team is what's best to get his head together.

neil7908
20-03-2016, 05:51 AM
Terrible miss my Jason but it's our defence that's causing us issues at the moment along with a midfield that seems to have stopped creating and it's getting overrun.

lucky
20-03-2016, 06:38 AM
It was a bad miss but every week someone is getting singled out. What happened to winning and losing as a team?

emerald green
20-03-2016, 11:00 AM
Without actually naming Jason Cummings, (rightly so) Alan Stubbs in his post match interview more or less said there was simply no excuse for that miss.

One of the things Stubbs said was along the lines of players must "do their jobs". Jason's job was to knock that ball into an unguarded net from a couple of feet, with no defender anywhere near him. He didn't do it.

I could see Cummings was mortified, and I hope he recovers from it quickly and starts scoring goals again very quickly.

Hermit Crab
20-03-2016, 01:11 PM
That miss will be on xmas football bloopers dvd. Do people still think cummings is good player? He's getting worse every week imo.

Hermit Crab
20-03-2016, 01:12 PM
He will get over it,it come off his shin

No it never.

Hermit Crab
20-03-2016, 01:13 PM
Cummings hasn't scored a goal since February 16th.

Shouldn't be in the team with form like that.

HiBremian
20-03-2016, 01:45 PM
I think he's a headless chicken who's somehow managed to score a lot of goals, but doesn't look like he will score another. I agree he should have a few games in the development squad, perhaps that might get his confidence back?

What I found interesting was his reaction after the miss or more his reactions. The laddie couldn't decide how to react. I get the feeling he's got more on his mind than just fitba and maybe a wee time out from the first team is what's best to get his head together.

Funny, I wis thinking at the time his concentration had completely deserted him. Maybe for some folks fitba' delays puberty 'till 21 years old. All that play acting and :giruy2:foolin around suddenly looks super-uncool, and identity crises start kicking in :hide:

GreenLake
20-03-2016, 01:52 PM
A simple tap in missed with an attempt to hit the roof of the net will be a lesson seared into his consciousness. A bench sit next game should help direct him to score for the result rather than the spectacle.

3pm
20-03-2016, 01:59 PM
I'd stick with him.

HibeeHendo
20-03-2016, 02:01 PM
Seen him on George street last night. Absolutely not against players going out to enjoy themselves win or lose but I wouldn't want to show my face for a wee while after that miss.

Ronniekirk
20-03-2016, 02:30 PM
He is clearly put of sorts no question .
He hasn't signed his new contract and Stubbs went public highlighting how good a deal it was and hinting he was hopeful Jason would sign it but he hasn't and assume he isn't going to now
Stokes signing has this unsettled him as he isn't the no 1 Striker ?
Missing Malonga Who knows but playing him week in week out ,expecting him to hit form again ,isn't currently working

Hamish
20-03-2016, 02:38 PM
It was a bad miss but every week someone is getting singled out. What happened to winning and losing as a team?

Most sensible post this weekend.

Onion
20-03-2016, 03:40 PM
A simple tap in missed with an attempt to hit the roof of the net will be a lesson seared into his consciousness. A bench sit next game should help direct him to score for the result rather than the spectacle.

You can bet all his suitors down South will get a copy of the vid too. Not a great time of the season to lose your form when pressed to sign a new deal or looking for a big money move.

Alfred E Newman
20-03-2016, 04:21 PM
Shouldn't be in the team with form like that.

Who takes his place, Keetings , Dagnall, Boyle? Not exactly a lethal strike force. Keetings has one goal in umpteen games, Dagnall has had loads of chances to open his account and missed them all and Boyle was as poor as anybody yesterday.

The_Horde
20-03-2016, 04:23 PM
Who takes his place, Keetings , Dagnall, Boyle? Not exactly a lethal strike force. Keetings has one goal in umpteen games, Dagnall has had loads of chances to open his account and missed them all and Boyle was as poor as anybody yesterday.

Dagnall or Farid. Last time Dagnall started we won 3-0 and Farid has been a right handful recently too. Both would compliment Stokes. Who looks to be hitting some form.

JimBHibees
20-03-2016, 05:20 PM
That miss will be on xmas f ootball bloopers dvd. Do people still think cummings is good player? He's getting worse every week imo.

Of course he is a good player he is young an under 21 regular and has scored loads of goals for Hibs plus scoring for fun against Hearts. You do appear to have a soft spot for Hearts but surely he hasn't annoyed you that much by scoring against them every game. Were you hit on the head by a muffin a while back. :greengrin

Tyler Durden
20-03-2016, 07:15 PM
That miss will be on xmas football bloopers dvd. Do people still think cummings is good player? He's getting worse every week imo.

Do I think he's a good player? Absolutely yes.

I also think you're either a Jambo or a weird troll.

leither17
20-03-2016, 07:22 PM
Do I think he's a good player? Absolutely yes.

I also think you're either a Jambo or a weird troll.

Possibly both

Yorkshire HFC
20-03-2016, 07:34 PM

How's that going to help Hibs? Remember Hibs pay his wages - why should we have players who need time out to get their head together - just when they're needed. He's just back from a trip to Spain, a cup final, a Derby victory, he's got a SC semi final to come - when's it ever going to get better for him? Life is tough for everyone, but he needs to get over it and start contributing I'm afraid.

ancient hibee
20-03-2016, 07:39 PM
Funny game being a striker.Cummings makes a good connection and somehow hits the bar-this afternoon Hemmings hits the ball with his right foot and manages to hit his own left foot and the ball trundles away from the goalie and in.

skipster7
20-03-2016, 07:50 PM
Funny game being a striker.Cummings makes a good connection and somehow hits the bar-this afternoon Hemmings hits the ball with his right foot and manages to hit his own left foot and the ball trundles away from the goalie and in.
Stop being rational 😉. Hes went from a young guy guaranteed 20 goals a season and the hammer of hearts to a headless chicken whos getting worse every week.
The laddies having a bad spell but probably needs a goal like Hemmings to kick start him again. Every confidence in the laddie coming through this and getting plenty more important goals this season.

ancient hibee
20-03-2016, 07:52 PM
Stop being rational . Hes went from a young guy guaranteed 20 goals a season and the hammer of hearts to a headless chicken whos getting worse every week.
The laddies having a bad spell but probably needs a goal like Hemmings to kick start him again. Every confidence in the laddie coming through this and getting plenty more important goals this season.

:top marks

Billy Whizz
20-03-2016, 07:53 PM
Stop being rational 😉. Hes went from a young guy guaranteed 20 goals a season and the hammer of hearts to a headless chicken whos getting worse every week.

He is the hammer of Hearts, too many fans have short memories
He's our "John Robertson"

leggeto
20-03-2016, 08:19 PM
No it never.

Aye it did

B.H.F.C
20-03-2016, 08:24 PM
His form just mirrors what has happened to the whole team.

A seat on the bench for a few weeks will do him good. His goals had carried us this season up until we hit this shocking be run. He'll start scoring again, but does need a wee spell out the team.

leggeto
20-03-2016, 08:26 PM
His form just mirrors what has happened to the whole team.

A seat on the bench for a few weeks will do him good. His goals had carried us this season up until we hit this shocking be run. He'll start scoring again, but does need a wee spell out the team.

I dont think he should be dropped,it was a bad miss but he needs a chance to redeem himself, if we were 3-0 up at the time it would all be forgotten about

GreenLake
20-03-2016, 08:31 PM
I don't like his miss, but I like the vast part of his game for us since he entered. He is still a young lad with oodles of possibilities and I think we are lucky to have him. We expect so much in this world where we see example les of the very best sportsmen in all sports every day on TV.

Come on Jason, rise above with genius.

leither17
20-03-2016, 08:48 PM
Ibrahimovic has just missed a worse one for PSG there two yards out and he has put it over the bar so it can happen to the very best

shamo9
20-03-2016, 08:49 PM
He's overcome serious injury and missing the crucial penalty that got his team relegated. He may be young but he's tough as nails and I expect to see him rise to the occasion by the time the play offs come around. A spell on the bench for now will do him no harm. He was dropped after the shambles at Dumbarton in the first league game and responded, he'll do so again:thumbsup:

Forza Fred
20-03-2016, 08:58 PM
He's overcome serious injury and missing the crucial penalty that got his team relegated. He may be young but he's tough as nails and I expect to see him rise to the occasion by the time the play offs come around. A spell on the bench for now will do him no harm. He was dropped after the shambles at Dumbarton in the first league game and responded, he'll do so again:thumbsup:

Cummings is an up and coming young player who is still developing.

History has shown that young players WILL have periods of inconsistency and most managers agree that from time to time it is in their interests to bench them and give them a chance to turn the pressure valve off.

I think Jason would benefit from having less pressure on him just now, instead of more being heaped upon him.

We need him at top form for the play offs ...whatever position we start in them, and a couple of weeks on the bench in our next couple of games may help him recharge.

B.H.F.C
20-03-2016, 09:42 PM
I dont think he should be dropped,it was a bad miss but he needs a chance to redeem himself, if we were 3-0 up at the time it would all be forgotten about

I don't think he needs dropped on the basis of that miss. More so that his performances have been poor for a number of weeks now.

You just need to see his reaction after that miss and the way he was sitting on the bench. I think taking the pressure off him for a couple of weeks would do him good.

Newcastlehibby
20-03-2016, 09:56 PM
Aye it did
Having watched it several times, it most certainly came off his shin.

monktonharp
20-03-2016, 10:02 PM
Spot on mate, thought he should be given 5 or 10 minutes redeem himself instead of being hooked off with that being his last contribution.I don't. I had a look at him being interviewed last week after the Final. this was with the young Irish guy InterviewLol , if I am correct. he spoke to a fair few Hibs players who were all gutted. he also spoke to J Cummings and I'm sure the camera caught him more than once but when I watched and listened, I did not feel the vibes! Cummings did not seem to be a guy saying I totally feel sorry for the fans, my teammates my management and on that note I will be even more determined to drive us on to better things in the league and ensure that we are there or thereabouts at the death , along with at least a cup final, mark my words! , nope, it didnae come across as that. In fact I felt he was just condescending, and blank.

Giro Playboy
20-03-2016, 11:24 PM
That is the worse miss I have ever seen in professional football. He looked mortified and no wonder but I wouldn't have hooked him straight away.

mim
21-03-2016, 01:23 AM

I thought at the time that Jason was thinking more about his goal celebration than doing his job.
He is a young lad with his head full of nonsense, but he is talented and will have a great future when he matures.

KWJ
21-03-2016, 01:34 AM
Should never have let King Dom go, he'd never miss a chance like that. Especially away to Livingston, no chance. Never.

Yorkshire HFC
21-03-2016, 04:53 AM
There's an article on the BBC website showing this miss - our players are now being mocked by the BBC. How far we have fallen. We need to get back into the SPL and raise our status again.

Pete
21-03-2016, 05:05 AM

I thought at the time that Jason was thinking more about his goal celebration than doing his job.
He is a young lad with his head full of nonsense, but he is talented and will have a great future when he matures.

On reflection, I think people are looking too much into his reactions.

He might come across as slightly detached and self absorbed but I think he's just an artist who is doing what comes naturally. That was the reaction of such an individual and I think this will hit him harder than your run of the mill, mechanical striker. I'm not sure he's even capable of planning what he's having for his tea.

His reaction will probably be spectacular when it comes, and it definitely will.

Pete
21-03-2016, 05:08 AM
There's an article on the BBC website showing this miss - our players are now being mocked by the BBC. How far we have fallen. We need to get back into the SPL and raise our status again.

It's ok. We haven't been relegated even further because the bbc have shown a miss by one of our players.

Calm down pet.:aok:

johnbc70
21-03-2016, 05:53 AM
Surprised nobody has made the point if he had any confidence in his right foot it was even more of a tap in and would have been a goal, maybe some practice in training this week with his right.

BoomtownHibees
21-03-2016, 05:54 AM
Surprised nobody has made the point if he had any confidence in his right foot it was even more of a tap in and would have been a goal, maybe some practice in training this week with his right.

It shouldn't have mattered what part of his body he hit it with tbf

easty
21-03-2016, 06:36 AM

Nah, I'd say it would always be easier to let the ball come across your body and hit it with your good foot, than stick out your swinger and try to deflect it in.

lapsedhibee
21-03-2016, 07:27 AM
Nah, I'd say it would always be easier to let the ball come across your body and hit it with your good foot, than stick out your swinger and try to deflect it in.

Ball floats in from the left wing, you hook it in with your left foot.
Ball floats in from the right wing, you hook it in with your right foot.
ENDOF :greengrin

Waxy
21-03-2016, 07:30 AM
Anyone remember that miss by a Rangers player? Van vossen think it was. That was much worse than Jasons.

SJM
21-03-2016, 07:58 AM
The international break will do him good. Change of scenery etc.
Horrendous miss though. He's got the character to come out the other side of this form, no doubt about it.

Turkish Green
21-03-2016, 07:59 AM
Horrible, horrible miss but at least he was at the back post. He needs to find his mojo.

CRAZYHIBBY
21-03-2016, 08:08 AM
He won't get the switch to ibrox that he craves( according to ibrox noise) with misses like that

SJM
21-03-2016, 08:08 AM
Anyone remember that miss by a Rangers player? Van vossen think it was. That was much worse than Jasons.

His miss against Celtic was in a match they were already winning and no, it wasn't as bad a miss.

Waxy
21-03-2016, 08:38 AM
His miss against Celtic was in a match they were already winning and no, it wasn't as bad a miss.ooOOOoooooo

Hermit Crab
21-03-2016, 09:02 AM

Alagui with stokes playing off him would be the obvious option.

chrisski33
21-03-2016, 09:20 AM
A bad miss but feel for him after seeing his expression on tv. Clearly has upset him and he needs support to regain his confidence. Nothing wrong with having him on the bench and getting others like farid a start

Hermit Crab
21-03-2016, 09:25 AM
A bad miss but feel for him after seeing his expression on tv. Clearly has upset him and he needs support to regain his confidence. Nothing wrong with having him on the bench and getting others like farid a start

He needs to learn to use his right foot!!

paddy1875
21-03-2016, 09:36 AM
It was a bad miss, it really is. 999 out of 1000 times its a goal. Sadly this miss sums up everything hibs at the moment.

paddy1875
21-03-2016, 09:42 AM
Also the bounce slows it down and raises the ball about a foot higher, I'm clutching at straws here but maybe that wee bit extra time just throws him off.

truehibernian
21-03-2016, 09:50 AM
He needs to learn to use his right foot!!

All our 'lefties' do in my opinion - Lewis is extremely poor on his right, as is Jason. One positive thing from the youth academies is youngsters are now encouraged to work on weaker foot technique.

I also despair at our strikers and midfielders unwillingness to take shots on or strike first time - practice practice practice !!

The Green Goblin
21-03-2016, 09:56 AM

:hmmm:

The Green Goblin
21-03-2016, 09:59 AM
It's a loss of form. It happens to much more experienced players than JC. Misses like that do too. Cummings has plenty of credit in the bank for me, but this is a crucial moment for him and he needs to get his head together asap. I hope he does.

Smartie
21-03-2016, 10:08 AM
All our 'lefties' do in my opinion - Lewis is extremely poor on his right, as is Jason. One positive thing from the youth academies is youngsters are now encouraged to work on weaker foot technique.

I also despair at our strikers and midfielders unwillingness to take shots on or strike first time - practice practice practice !!

To be fair, I think Paul Hanlon has a fairly under-rated right foot.

He never seems to struggle on his weaker side and has played very well on the right side of a CH pairing on many occasions.

Hermit Crab
21-03-2016, 10:25 AM
To be fair, I think Paul Hanlon has a fairly under-rated right foot.

He never seems to struggle on his weaker side and has played very well on the right side of a CH pairing on many occasions.

Yes. He scored with his right foot at tynecastle.

WhileTheChief..
21-03-2016, 03:13 PM
If he's smart he'll sign the contract extension that he's been offered.

In a couple of years time we can all blame Stubbs for the length of deal that he's on.

Hibrandenburg
21-03-2016, 03:46 PM
I don't get those who think it's harsh to drop him to the bench. Professional football is a dog eat dog world and if he can't use being dropped after a dip in form to knuckle down and fight for his place in the team then maybe he's not cut out for the job. Besides what message would that send to those pushing for a place in the team?

banarc7062
21-03-2016, 04:50 PM
Missed some easy looking chances this season, his goals have blinded people to them. Now he couldn't buy a goal they are standing out big time.
Well it is now we should be giving him every encouragement to help get back to form for the run in and vital games ahead. GGTTH

ancient hibee
21-03-2016, 04:55 PM
I don't get those who think it's harsh to drop him to the bench. Professional football is a dog eat dog world and if he can't use being dropped after a dip in form to knuckle down and fight for his place in the team then maybe he's not cut out for the job. Besides what message would that send to those pushing for a place in the team?

So not only does he get blamed for missing a sitter he gets blamed for not being prepared to fight for his place after a non existent dropping?

sleeping giant
21-03-2016, 04:57 PM
So not only does he get blamed for missing a sitter he gets blamed for not being prepared to fight for his place after a non existent dropping?

Brilliant post :greengrin

Unseen work
21-03-2016, 05:39 PM
Can't believe some of the posts on here about this.

Reading into his reaction after the miss etc.

He reacted the way most strikers would.

I sometimes think fans want the player to break down and cry as that's the only way they show that they care.

It's a bad miss.

Every striker misses the odd sitter, he will get over it.

Of all the players to criticise he would be one of the last imo.

SkintHibby
21-03-2016, 07:27 PM
Jeez, it's now on the front page of the national BBC website entitled "Absolute sitter! Is this the miss of the season?":rolleyes:

The Spaceman
21-03-2016, 07:35 PM
Absolute shocker of a miss, make no bones about it. That will haunt him for some time to come, however I do believe Jason is the kind of character who will have gone and absolutely battered the goal for 10 hours at East Mains the next day. Pick yourself up, dust yourself down and get those scoring boots back on for us Jase, need it now!:aok:

SJM
21-03-2016, 07:55 PM
Absolute shocker of a miss, make no bones about it. That will haunt him for some time to come, however I do believe Jason is the kind of character who will have gone and absolutely battered the goal for 10 hours at East Mains the next day. Pick yourself up, dust yourself down and get those scoring boots back on for us Jase, need it now!:aok:

Nah, score a couple for the U21s this week and all will be forgotten. :aok:

silverhibee
21-03-2016, 07:58 PM
Nah, score a couple for the U21s this week and all will be forgotten. :aok:

Do we have a U21s team :confused: , the players are resting this week.

S**t happens, he will get over it.

stantonhibby
21-03-2016, 08:00 PM

Scotland u-21's

Billy Whizz
21-03-2016, 08:03 PM

Hibs development team are playing St Mirren at Ainslie park on Wednesday, 2pm KO
Danny Handlng expected to play

SJM
21-03-2016, 08:06 PM

Scotland I meant. A goal against France would be a good start. :agree:

Jonnyboy
21-03-2016, 08:17 PM
Hibs development team are playing St Mirren at Ainslie park on Wednesday, 2pm KO
Danny Handlng expected to play

And Virtanen, I hope

silverhibee
21-03-2016, 08:27 PM
Scotland I meant. A goal against France would be a good start. :agree:

Gotcha :aok:

It would be. :agree:

SJM
21-03-2016, 08:31 PM
Gotcha :aok:

It would be. :agree:

:aok:

silverhibee
21-03-2016, 08:31 PM
And Virtanen, I hope

Has he played much for the development team J ?

He certainly needs to be getting some games under his belt with the development squad, but can you risk it, the last thing we need is our back up keeper getting injured.

Jonnyboy
21-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Has he played much for the development team J ?

He certainly needs to be getting some games under his belt with the development squad, but can you risk it, the last thing we need is our back up keeper getting injured.

Not sure he's played at all, P. Defo needs game time :agree:

The Green Goblin
21-03-2016, 08:58 PM
Jeez, it's now on the front page of the national BBC website entitled "Absolute sitter! Is this the miss of the season?":rolleyes:

They never miss an opportunity though do they (to put the boot into our club). Absolutely pathetic. Cummings has scored loads for us, so as bad a miss as it is, it can happen to anyone as a one off. We can say that the Scottish football broadcasts from the BBC don't suffer the same "one off" bad night or moment though, can't we? It's the quality of their entire broadcasting product that has plummeted over the last few years. Perhaps they should be more worried about that instead of publicly mocking an upcoming young Scottish player on their website.

silverhibee
21-03-2016, 09:27 PM
Not sure he's played at all, P. Defo needs game time :agree:

Strange, surely he needs some game time to keep him ticking over and ready for his semi final appearance.

stantonhibby
21-03-2016, 09:33 PM
Strange, surely he needs some game time to keep him ticking over and ready for his semi final appearance.

Seems to have gone quiet on talk of appealing Oxleys booking.

Ronniekirk
21-03-2016, 09:52 PM
Seems to have gone quiet on talk of appealing Oxleys booking.

Wouldn't win it so no point imo
The ox had just as much responsibility to communicate what the issue was
He clearly didn't and situation descended into farce and could of cost us a goal
But everyone involved needs to learn the lesson

Dunbar Hibee
21-03-2016, 10:56 PM
Can't believe some of the posts on here about this.

Reading into his reaction after the miss etc.

He reacted the way most strikers would.

I sometimes think fans want the player to break down and cry as that's the only way they show that they care.

It's a bad miss.

Every striker misses the odd sitter, he will get over it.

Of all the players to criticise he would be one of the last imo.

Exactly. Hibs fans really are fannies sometimes.

Dashing Bob S
21-03-2016, 11:03 PM
Bouncing ball, should be a tap-in, but he misjudged the strength of the bounce a little and struck the bottom of the ball. Doesn't matter who the player is, 19 times out of 20 they score from that, but the other one in twenty they look silly. That was his 1 in 20. It doesn't look pretty but it can happen to anybody. Unfortunately it happened to him when both he and the club are going through a nightmare spell and leveling at that point, we probably would have gone on to win.

But it goes to show that when your luck isn't in, it isn't in.

He's a good young striker and he'll get past it. The most encouraging thing was that he was exactly when a striker needs to be.

KWJ
21-03-2016, 11:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBnQQv0jY3Q Apologies for Danny Dyer.

Some of these players went on to have decent careers.

Neymar needs dropped. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v04htGzxNaM

Hermit Crab
22-03-2016, 03:12 AM

Hermit Crab
22-03-2016, 03:27 AM
Bouncing ball, should be a tap-in, but he misjudged the strength of the bounce a little and struck the bottom of the ball. Doesn't matter who the player is, 19 times out of 20 they score from that, but the other one in twenty they look silly. That was his 1 in 20. It doesn't look pretty but it can happen to anybody. Unfortunately it happened to him when both he and the club are going through a nightmare spell and leveling at that point, we probably would have gone on to win.

But it goes to show that when your luck isn't in, it isn't in.

He's a good young striker and he'll get past it. The most encouraging thing was that he was exactly when a striker needs to be.

He missed a howler like that at home to Morton at 0-0 and missed in a similar fashion as Saturday there away to Dumbarton to make it 3-3, also missed 2-3 very good chances up in Inverness. Not a one off in my opinion, he's well off form and you can't keep playing players who are off form as it sends the wrong signals to the players on the fringe.

Hibrandenburg
22-03-2016, 06:35 AM
He missed a howler like that at home to Morton at 0-0 and missed in a similar fashion as Saturday there away to Dumbarton to make it 3-3, also missed 2-3 very good chances up in Inverness. Not a one off in my opinion, he's well off form and you can't keep playing players who are off form as it sends the wrong signals to the players on the fringe.
:agree:

Hibrandenburg
22-03-2016, 07:28 AM

Stupid reply but I guess you know that. My response was to those who suggested dropping him from the team would destroy his confidence.

Ronniekirk
22-03-2016, 07:29 AM

Unpalatable for some on here but its true He was always going to go through a sticky spell at some point and this is it
When he scores we tend not to get beat ,so when off form he is a big miss as stokes apart our other strikers dont seem able to step into the breach
So lets hope Jason and the backroom staff find a way to support him back to goalscoring form

Hibrandenburg
22-03-2016, 07:30 AM
Brilliant post :greengrin

The post was only made to create conflict for marketing purposes.

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2016, 07:36 AM
While it was clear on Saturday the miss affected him, i dont think he will worry about it now. He's a cocky lad with that gallus streak in him which in my opinion has got him where he is today, obviously along with the ability to score goals.

He will be more worried why the goals have dried up, and hopefully working out the remedy.

drumatic44
22-03-2016, 07:45 AM
Let's not beat the guy up folks, it happens to the best of them, he'll be hurting just as much as us. !! He's young yet, remember the penalty miss against Hamilton in the play offs ?. He's recovered well from that, and he'll come back stronger from this. The wee international break will do him good , fresh challenge, different environment etc.

Allez les Vertes Originales !!

QMU-1875
22-03-2016, 08:06 AM

A Hearts fan is the sports editor for Scotland, sticking the boot in as he is hurting from losing a 2 goal lead at home.

JimBHibees
22-03-2016, 09:24 AM
While it was clear on Saturday the miss affected him, i dont think he will worry about it now. He's a cocky lad with that gallus streak in him which in my opinion has got him where he is today, obviously along with the ability to score goals.

He will be more worried why the goals have dried up, and hopefully working out the remedy.

Agree his self confidence is his best trait, at Ibrox at Xmas when the mutants were abusing him all game he played really well and scored an excellent goal. Weaker characters would have wilted not JC. He will bounce back.

snooky
22-03-2016, 09:34 AM
Confucius he say "The man that never made a mistake never made anything".

Rock on, Jase.

Billy Whizz
22-03-2016, 10:15 AM
And Virtanen, I hope

Jonnyboy, think he's away with Finland under 21's. Hope he gets some game time

SJM
22-03-2016, 10:41 AM
Jonnyboy, think he's away with Finland under 21's. Hope he gets some game time

Is Fyvie in the Dev' squad Billy?

Billy Whizz
22-03-2016, 10:44 AM
Is Fyvie in the Dev' squad Billy?

No idea, but would be good if he got a run out. The only reason I know that Handling is in, he said on his Hibs TV interview at the weekend that he'd be playing against St Mirren

SJM
22-03-2016, 10:47 AM
No idea, but would be good if he got a run out. The only reason I know that Handling is in, he said on his Hibs TV interview at the weekend that he'd be playing against St Mirren

Fair enough, cheers :)

Peevemor
22-03-2016, 10:59 AM
This is how it's done Jason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX60evT2js0

ancient hibee
22-03-2016, 04:36 PM
Stupid reply but I guess you know that. My response was to those who suggested dropping him from the team would destroy his confidence.

No it's not a stupid reply unlike your original post which constructs a scenario and then criticises the player-keep your insults to yourself.

Hibrandenburg
22-03-2016, 05:30 PM
No it's not a stupid reply unlike your original post which constructs a scenario and then criticises the player-keep your insults to yourself.

I didn't criticise anyone on this thread apart from you're inability to understand a hypothetical scenario aimed at those who think it would be too harsh to drop him. Jesus wept.

midfield_maestro
22-03-2016, 06:53 PM
I didn't criticise anyone on this thread apart from you're inability to understand a hypothetical scenario aimed at those who think it would be too harsh to drop him. Jesus wept.

Who are these guys who are pushing for a place at Cummings' expense? You know, the ones who aren't already getting a game and rarely scoring?

SJM
22-03-2016, 07:02 PM
Who are these guys who are pushing for a place at Cummings' expense? You know, the ones who aren't already getting a game and rarely scoring?

There's a good chance with the midfielders coming back that we will go one up top again. Would you drop Stokes?

3pm
22-03-2016, 07:04 PM
There's a good chance with the midfielders coming back that we will go one up top again. Would you drop Stokes?

We've not been one up top all season.

Bostonhibby
22-03-2016, 07:05 PM
Most strikers miss chances, it's a pity about this one but the guy is learning, he's been great for us, and will be again.

Lucky he never misses many against the yam, the team who gave him away or we'd not be able to say Jason remains the hammer of the yams. Always seems to score against them, didnae half spoil the special relationship cup for them this year.

steakbake
22-03-2016, 07:18 PM
Probably not that difficult to miss it. Ball was flying in and it must've made his foot all angles like a 50p piece. At pace, it's as likely to nestle in the onion bag as it is to hit the bar.

sleeping giant
22-03-2016, 07:29 PM
The post was only made to create conflict for marketing purposes.

What a hoot you are .

SJM
22-03-2016, 07:52 PM
We've not been one up top all season.

Yeah we have. :aok:

Broken Gnome
22-03-2016, 08:01 PM
Probably not that difficult to miss it. Ball was flying in and it must've made his foot all angles like a 50p piece. At pace, it's as likely to nestle in the onion bag as it is to hit the bar.

He was as likely to miss it as score. Really?

lapsedhibee
22-03-2016, 08:41 PM
He's young yet, remember the penalty miss against Hamilton in the play offs ?. He's recovered well from that, and he'll come back stronger from this.
:agree: Actually missing the sitter of the season will have taken away any fear he might have had of missing the sitter of the season.

midfield_maestro
22-03-2016, 09:00 PM
Yeah we have. :aok:

All the stats are here http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/fixtures . Find one where we played 5 midfielders and 1 striker.

Just Alf
22-03-2016, 09:05 PM
Can't belive this thread still has legs.... not read much past the 1st couple of pages but I can categorically confirm he's raging at the miss himself!

Getting a lot of grief from his pals (Yams) might concentrate the laddies mind in upcoming games.but it's an.instinct thing a lot.of the time.... sometimes it works sometimes is disnae

GGTTH!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hibrandenburg
22-03-2016, 09:08 PM
What a hoot you are .

:greengrin

The Green Goblin
22-03-2016, 11:09 PM
Can't belive this thread still has legs.... not read much past the 1st couple of pages but I can categorically confirm he's raging at the miss himself!

Getting a lot of grief from his pals (Yams) might concentrate the laddies mind in upcoming games.but it's an.instinct thing a lot.of the time.... sometimes it works sometimes is disnae

GGTTH!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Have a wee browse mate. Between all the silly stuff, there are a good few posts which show a bit of commn sense and understanding and support him. :aok:

SJM
23-03-2016, 08:43 AM
All the stats are here http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/fixtures . Find one where we played 5 midfielders and 1 striker.

Our best peformance of the season against Aberdeen we had one up top. Squirrel played out wide with Cummings on his own. Other games too but that one sticks out.

R'Albin
23-03-2016, 08:51 AM
Our best peformance of the season against Aberdeen we had one up top. Squirrel played out wide with Cummings on his own. Other games too but that one sticks out.

We went with Malonga and Cummings did we not?

Danderhall Hibs
23-03-2016, 08:56 AM

No - Malonga came off the bench to score. Boyle definitely started - I had a Carragher and Neville wannabee double act behind me that were on his case from the first minute.

SJM
23-03-2016, 09:09 AM

Dom came on for Cummings late. Tactic worked a treat.

SJM
23-03-2016, 09:10 AM
No - Malonga came off the bench to score. Boyle definitely started - I had a Carragher and Neville wannabee double act behind me that were on his case from the first minute.

👍

midfield_maestro
23-03-2016, 07:07 PM

Boyle isn't a midfielder, nor was he playing as one in that game. Playing "out wide" doesn't turn you into a midfielder.

SJM
23-03-2016, 08:08 PM
Boyle isn't a midfielder, nor was he playing as one in that game. Playing "out wide" doesn't turn you into a midfielder.

We played that match with one up top. Trivial arguement over nothing regardless. Playing more than one "forward" doesn't always indicate playing them up front either.

Tyler Durden
24-03-2016, 07:29 AM
We played that match with one up top. Trivial arguement over nothing regardless. Playing more than one "forward" doesn't always indicate playing them up front either.

Yes and we also played one up front at home to Morton in August before Cummings came off the bench. Played one up front away at Ibrox in August.

Whoever said we haven't played one up front all season is talking rubbish

midfield_maestro
25-03-2016, 01:25 PM

Yes, but according to you everything is about to change because "the midfielders are coming back". Whereas he could be playing a wide man and a striker now, if he wanted, because Boyle isn't a midfielder nor has he been away anywhere.