PDA

View Full Version : The players and management need to take a long hard look at themselves

Gatecrasher
19-03-2016, 06:06 PM
6 minutes to go in tonight's game and if we somehow manage to win my opinion won't change, the performance has been brutal. It's simply not good enough. We haven't stamped any authority on this league what's so ever and are now suffering a complete loss of form.

Part time teams are showing more urgency and the constant long balls up to our strikers haven't worked all season,why are we persisting with this?

We simply cannot spend another year in this league, I'm not talking finances I'm taking about the desire to watch hibs play these teams it's boring, **** atmosphere and **** football.

Get it sorted or I'm out.

Hibs90
19-03-2016, 06:10 PM
Hard to disagree sadly.

H18 SFR
19-03-2016, 06:11 PM
High ball to El Aligui, said player fouls and the pressure is off. Try again 50 times and hey presto you have Hibs.

We are absolutely murder, the cup runs completely gloss over our league performances.

The happy clappers will be out in force tonight.

hibee1875
19-03-2016, 06:11 PM
See ye!

rcarter1
19-03-2016, 06:17 PM
6 minutes to go in tonight's game and if we somehow manage to win my opinion won't change, the performance has been brutal. It's simply not good enough. We haven't stamped any authority on this league what's so ever and are now suffering a complete loss of form.

Part time teams are showing more urgency and the constant long balls up to our strikers haven't worked all season,why are we persisting with this?

We simply cannot spend another year in this league, I'm not talking finances I'm taking about the desire to watch hibs play these teams it's boring, **** atmosphere and **** football.

Too many games we're playing, the players look completely lost and confused to be honest. Their (and the managers) heads must be mush.

They do need to accept we have a league crisis and then together, respond to it with a plan.

allmodcons
19-03-2016, 06:18 PM
High ball to El Aligui, said player fouls and the pressure is off. Try again 50 times and hey presto you have Hibs.

We are absolutely murder, the cup runs completely gloss over our league performances.

The happy clappers will be out in force tonight.

Totally agree. What an embarrassment we have become in this league.

hibby6270
19-03-2016, 06:19 PM

You're not far wrong with this assessment.

Our defence just need to look at how opposition defences throw themselves at everything. Put their bodies on the line. Hump the ball out of the box. Anything to stop us from playing.

We have lost imagination in our play. Long ball game is not our style. Although I'm beginning to wonder what our style is nowadays.

No point in having majority of possession. Numerous, mostly off target, shots at goal. Hitting woodwork and misses from 6 inches off the line (Cummings how??) are not acceptable.

A long hard look is required right enough, otherwise we're consigned to getting nowt this season and another at full Premiership prices again next season with crowds of 5k if we're lucky.

What would life be like without Hibs? That's a great question. One which at the moment I'm finding hard to find a positive answer.

Pretty Boy
19-03-2016, 06:23 PM
Time the players and manager stopped feeling sorry for themselves and sort themselves out.

There's still time to salvage this season but displays like the last few league games aren't going to cut it.

greenpaper55
19-03-2016, 06:24 PM
lose as much sleep as Rod will tonight.

familyman

Absolute rubbish, what happened to get the ball down and pass...
This team is still a Championship team on that performance,and it happens so often.I wonder sometimes if the players have met before...
having been to the final and now watched this while Falkirk go so well, unless AS sorts this lots out VERY SOON INDEED we wont be going anywhere and the thought of yet another failure to gain promotion is totally unacceptable ..there has been plenty time...What we obviously lack in close ball control we could at least for the next few weeks make up for with a will to win and not just a will to turn up!!!
a shocker ...a disgrace in fact.humiliating..have we not suffered enough?

Pete

Get it sorted or you're "out".

Where are you going to go likes? Real Madrid?

Waxy
19-03-2016, 06:29 PM
Fans need to stay with the team or we'll be playing our part in our own downfall. We're maybe trying too hard. The players look like they're under pressure and a bit fear has crept in.Everyone looked gutted again at the end. We have to get behind them for the run in.

marinello59
19-03-2016, 06:30 PM
Fans need to stay with the team or we'll be playing our part in our own downfall. We're maybe trying too hard. The players look like they're under pressure and a bit fear has crept in.Everyone looked gutted again at the end. We have to get behind them for the run in.

The fans are not the problem here. Nowhere near it.

andyf5
19-03-2016, 06:34 PM

I agree. Last thing we need is to get on their backs. However I'm very very angry at this result. Not a one off.

pedroorange1875
19-03-2016, 06:36 PM
Raith (INSERT ANY NAME HERE) 2 shots on target 2 goals - ratio 100% - That the problem - Utter shambles at the back and Stubbs needs to get it sorted very quickly. The softest defence in the league on ratio

Waxy
19-03-2016, 06:36 PM

I'm not saying the fans are, but the fans can make it worse.

portyhibernian
19-03-2016, 06:38 PM
Agree entirely with Gatecrasher sadly. And Cummings miss was unforgivable. Woeful night AGAIN.

Peevemor
19-03-2016, 06:38 PM
In six days we've played a cup final, travelled to Inverness for a QF replay and then today's match. This on top of a very busy couple of months. We have a young, exciting side who have gone the extra mile in quite a few matches and put smiles on all our faces.

Now they're simply knackered - physically and mentally. Now's the time for the support to dig in too and get behind the guys as much as possible.

This "get it sorted or I'm out" dummy chucking is peurile crap.

Joe6-2
19-03-2016, 06:42 PM

45 years watching Hibs, the fans have always been behind the team, BUT, let down far to often!!

Pete
19-03-2016, 06:43 PM
In six days we've played a cup final, travelled to Inverness for a QF replay and then today's match. This on top of a very busy couple of months. We have a young, exciting side who have gone the extra mile in quite a few matches and put smiles on all our faces.

Now they're simply knackered - physically and mentally. Now's the time for the support to dig in too and get behind the guys as much as possible.

:agree:

Looking at the fixture list it looks like we have a wee break so it's time to plug in the charger.

NAE NOOKIE
19-03-2016, 06:46 PM
Absolute rubbish, what happened to get the ball down and pass...
This team is still a Championship team on that performance,and it happens so often.I wonder sometimes if the players have met before...
having been to the final and now watched this while Falkirk go so well, unless AS sorts this lots out VERY SOON INDEED we wont be going anywhere and the thought of yet another failure to gain promotion is totally unacceptable ..there has been plenty time...What we obviously lack in close ball control we could at least for the next few weeks make up for with a will to win and not just a will to turn up!!!
a shocker ...a disgrace in fact.humiliating..have we not suffered enough?

I'm as disappointed with that result as anybody and I'm not going to pretend that it was a good performance, because it wasn't ................ but don't make me laugh, there's over reacting and then there's just talking pish ...... no will to win?

GlesgaeHibby
19-03-2016, 06:47 PM

Absolutely, and with McGeough, Hanlon and Fyvie all to come back that will only help.

McGinn and Henderson have been fantastic this season, and look absolutely knackered. Hopefully our key players coming back from injury over the next few weeks lifts the team and gives these guys renewed energy for the run in.

Alfred E Newman
19-03-2016, 06:52 PM

I think it's obvious that the players are almost completely done which doesn't augur well for the clutter of games to come including a possible extra two play off games.
I was very surprised to hear Stubbs saying before the game that he was playing more or less the same set up.
Given the over the top chopping and changing a few weeks ago I would have thought there was a case for resting the toiling Cummings , Gray and even McGinn tonight .

rotherhamrob
19-03-2016, 06:55 PM

I agree with this, allied to the fact that we were without 4 of our best players through injury/suspension, however should stubbs not be able to see they are knackered and make changes to freshen things up? I know the easy answer is to ask who he could put in, but let's be honest, he could have put anyone in and the results in the last 4 league games wouldn't have been any worse.

SON OF PADDY
19-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Our team is called HIBERNIAN FC
that stands for " Football Club " not Hoofball !!
Get the ball on the deck and play football,that's what I want to see.
I'll always support my team, but this style of football is horrible !! Get it sorted before it's too late.😞😟😖

greenpaper55
19-03-2016, 06:58 PM
As the mighty Ross County celebrate their cup win !.

kev1875
19-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Something to think about, since Malonga left we have won two league games. One of them was against Alloa. He let Malonga go and left Cummings with only Alagui as a striker he would be familiar with in the team, and with Farids injury problems I think it was a disastrous decision and has no doubt played a part in our league form.

Peevemor
19-03-2016, 06:59 PM

And?

silverhibee
19-03-2016, 07:00 PM

The fans have stayed with Stubbs and his team for this long, we can't start blaming the fans again for the slump that Hibs have hit in the league, that is down to the players and management team.

SlickShoes
19-03-2016, 07:01 PM

Sick fed up reading **** like this, the fans need to do this, the fans need to turn up to this, they do time and time again.

Fans will dwindle away the worse we get, it's the nature of bad football, to win fans back you need to win games, something we are not doing.

Waxy
19-03-2016, 07:01 PM

silverhibee
19-03-2016, 07:02 PM

How can the fans make it worse. ?

SJM
19-03-2016, 07:02 PM
And?

And we ****ed that up too as a club?

SJM
19-03-2016, 07:03 PM

Our fans after everything put through in the past 5 years are the best in the country by a country mile. We still go back, turn up, support the club, forgive it for everything.

SeanWilson
19-03-2016, 07:04 PM
Agree entirely with Gatecrasher sadly. And Cummings miss was unforgivable. Woeful night AGAIN.

.... I've forgiven him. Pretty sure He didn't intentionally miss from one yard out. 😏

The folk going on about 'I'm out' etc... Leave, go support Rangers or man city or some other ***** club with no history... Me, I'll just stick with this ***** cause it's all I know and the team I love.

Pretty Boy
19-03-2016, 07:04 PM

Sone fans, a decent number imo, will make it 'worse' by not renewing STs and ceasing to attend games.

It's not for me but I'm struggling to blame those who do decide to make that decision now.

Pete
19-03-2016, 07:05 PM

****ing BOOOOOOOO!!

:dunno:

ancient hibee
19-03-2016, 07:05 PM

Strange isn't it -it's not so long since everyone was wanting "these teams" in an expanded Premier league.

silverhibee
19-03-2016, 07:06 PM

That's been happening all season, it was only last week our players played infront of 30,000 Hibs fans and we dug deep to get behind the players, we still got beat, if our players can't be motivated by that then that ain't the fans fault, WE are doing our bit.

Schteff
19-03-2016, 07:08 PM
We're not very good are we?!

Oxley, Fontaine, Stevenson are all very very poor and make up 3/5 of our defence, not the best starting point..

Through in Stubbs who seems to think chucking more attackers into the side is the answer, doesn't help either!

Stokes, Cummings, Boyle & Keatings all on from the start?!

Leaving Bartley & McGinn to defend, cover wide areas, create and support attack. No wonder McGinn has been poor lately, he's knackered and wasted playing in a midfield with 1 or 2 others.

We were rank rotten tonight and have been for weeks now!

silverhibee
19-03-2016, 07:08 PM
:agree:

Looking at the fixture list it looks like we have a wee break so it's time to plug in the charger.

Maybe a wee trip abroad in the sun will do the trick. :cb

Gatecrasher
19-03-2016, 07:09 PM

I understand your opinion but I disagree the last month or so has been out of order in terms of performance and what I expect. Losing to teams who have a fraction of the budget and facilities we have, half the teams aren't even full time for gods sake. Another season in this league means dire football, no atmosphere, no big games. Just teams sitting back feigning injury to get that all important 0-0 draw. I have stuck it out, through claderwood through butcher and the prospect of another year in this league is more than spitting the dummy out.

Yes we we have an exiting squad of players but they are underperforming to a massive extent at the moment and it couldn't have happened at a worse time of the season.

silverhibee
19-03-2016, 07:11 PM
Absolutely, and with McGeough, Hanlon and Fyvie all to come back that will only help.

McGinn and Henderson have been fantastic this season, and look absolutely knackered. Hopefully our key players coming back from injury over the next few weeks lifts the team and gives these guys renewed energy for the run in.

Why are players so tired/knackered in the middle of March, we shouldn't be running on empty at this time in the season.

Waxy
19-03-2016, 07:12 PM

By over reacting and heaping needless more pressure on the players. Clearly been a tough week and in no way did Raith outplay us today even though we had an off day.

Peevemor
19-03-2016, 07:14 PM
That's been happening all season, it was only last week our players played infront of 30,000 Hibs fans and we dug deep to get behind the players, we still got beat, if our players can't be motivated by that then that ain't the fans fault, WE are doing our bit.

Do you think last week's result was down to a lack of motivation?

I know fine well that the fans have repeatedly done the business, but this certainly isn't the time to give up on the team (ref. OP) . Promotion is still our objective and we have a winnable SC semi coming up.

Onward and upward - together!

SlickShoes
19-03-2016, 07:16 PM
Sone fans, a decent number imo, will make it 'worse' by not renewing STs and ceasing to attend games.

It's not for me but I'm struggling to blame those who do decide to make that decision now.

I'm the same, i'll be here forever because its a family thing, but some fans choose to go along and watch a team and those fans will slowly decline as we get worse/stay in the second tier.

Borderhibbie76
19-03-2016, 07:43 PM
Can't believe some are being accused of overreacting...ffs we have lost 4 on the spin in this dross league. If it wasn't for cup runs...there would be calls for stubbs head...it's woeful and having to sit and watch that tonight was bloody murder. He continues to play an out of sorts Cummings, keatings at the tip of diamond and the back 4 tonight looked like they had never met before. Every time Raith pumped a high ball forward they looked like scoring. Absolutely woeful...and on current form there is no chance we r winning those play offs...Stubbs simply not good enough please stop your stubbornness with this bloody diamond

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

hibby6270
19-03-2016, 07:43 PM

Exactly the point I was trying to make in my earlier post.

I'll be there again next season no matter what. BUT - and it's a big but - how many others will. ST this season are around 7500. Carry on as we are just now and that will seriously drop. 5000 if we are lucky.

It's a sad fact that fans are fickle. They may still support the club but won't turn up to watch displays like that one tonight. As I've said before, 53 years I've supported Hibs but even I took time out for a few years in the early 80's because it was sad to watch bad football week in week out. At my age I've got nowhere else to go in terms of who I support but there will be a lot of young folks out there who will eventually just say - stuff it, we've had enough.

Joe6-2
19-03-2016, 07:49 PM
Maybe a wee trip abroad in the sun will do the trick. :cb

That's what I'm doing, of to Spain tomorrow!! 😎

Peevemor
19-03-2016, 08:31 PM
Can't believe some are being accused of overreacting...ffs we have lost 4 on the spin in this dross league. If it wasn't for cup runs...there would be calls for stubbs head...it's woeful and having to sit and watch that tonight was bloody murder. He continues to play an out of sorts Cummings, keatings at the tip of diamond and the back 4 tonight looked like they had never met before. Every time Raith pumped a high ball forward they looked like scoring. Absolutely woeful...and on current form there is no chance we r winning those play offs...Stubbs simply not good enough please stop your stubbornness with this bloody diamond

Do you think we would have lost 4 league games in a row if it wasn't for the cup runs?

Alfred E Newman
19-03-2016, 08:36 PM
Exactly the point I was trying to make in my earlier post.

I'll be there again next season no matter what. BUT - and it's a big but - how many others will. ST this season are around 7500. Carry on as we are just now and that will seriously drop. 5000 if we are lucky.

It's a sad fact that fans are fickle. They may still support the club but won't turn up to watch displays like that one tonight. As I've said before, 53 years I've supported Hibs but even I took time out for a few years in the early 80's because it was sad to watch bad football week in week out. At my age I've got nowhere else to go in terms of who I support but there will be a lot of young folks out there who will eventually just say - stuff it, we've had enough.

Most season ticket holders including myself will renew regardless. That's what I like to do on a weekend during the winter months. That does not make this situation any more acceptable.

Borderhibbie76
19-03-2016, 08:44 PM
Do you think we would have lost 4 league games in a row if it wasn't for the cup runs?
No probably not mate...but imo under any circumstances this current league run is unacceptable and is raising more than a few questions of Stubbs ability to get us up

hibbymick
19-03-2016, 08:45 PM
Why are players so tired/knackered in the middle of March, we shouldn't be running on empty at this time in the season.

I blame those pesky cup runs :wink:

Lesson learned for next season if were still in championship,,,,,,,,,,,,get pumped oot early.

Alfred E Newman
19-03-2016, 08:48 PM
I blame those pesky cup runs :wink:

Lesson learned for next season if were still in championship,,,,,,,,,,,,get pumped oot early.

That's what Hearts did last season.

staunchhibby
19-03-2016, 09:11 PM
Just renewed my season ticket.Another season of purgatory lol

Nutmegged
19-03-2016, 09:21 PM
Alan Stubbs is an inexperianced manager and an inexperianced gaffer will make some mistakes, as a genuine League challenger he made the mistake of trying to fix something that wasn't broke and we've paid a heavy price as far as the Title is concerned however the number one objective is and always has been Promotion, by hook or by crook and I genuinely do think we have a better squad now than we did in December, its clear we haven't quite clicked yet though but I'm hopefull we'll find that rythme before the Play-Off's and if (when) we do I genuinely don't see anyone from Raith, Falkirk, Hamilton, Kilmarnock or Dundee Utd stopping us.

this isn't blind faith, I'm as realistic as they come so if I'm wrong I'm wrong but thats how I see it

Nutmegged
19-03-2016, 09:22 PM
That's what Hearts did last season.

Well the Petrofac aye but they met Celtic in both cups, they hardly threw the ties

emerald green
19-03-2016, 09:28 PM

:agree: That's the danger, and I've said that on several occasions on other threads previously.

This run of frankly terrible results has come just as I received a letter from Leeann Dempster this week asking me to renew my season ticket. How many will decide not to renew? I can't see these results encouraging increased sales, that's for sure. I wonder what LD's thoughts are tonight after this latest result?

It's anyones guess what league Hibs will be in next season. If Hibs can't beat the last four teams we've met in this piss poor league there is no chance it will be the Premier Division unless there is a major and immediate improvement all over the pitch.

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2016, 10:49 PM

How many players do RR have or Dum****inbarton or Morton, are their players tired some after putting a shift in during the day doing a proper bloody job?

Forgive for asking as i'm sure we brought in extra players with the HSL money to give is a deep squad to deal with situation like this?

Maybe i'm wrong and we dont have more players than these clubs, and we are the only club who has to deal with injuries too. :rolleyes:

leggeto
19-03-2016, 11:06 PM

I don't think they are knackered, they are fit lads,more a lack of motivation and will to win and get stuck in is the problem

silverhibee
19-03-2016, 11:58 PM

Yeah that is true. And if Hibs make it to the final they will use the buy a ST and assure your self of a cup final ticket for the final in the hope we keep the 8000 fans on board for next season, no final and that carrot can't be dangled and it will see a drop in STs for next season, the prices have been set, some folk might think £400 is to much for a 3rd season in this league and the pods will be done away with as there won't be many walk up fans to watch teams in this pishy league again at ER, somehow we need to get promoted this season, it's a must.

I thought the poster meant it will make it worse for the players on the park during games.

Forza Fred
20-03-2016, 01:37 AM

The problems we have can't be solely be blamed on too many games.

It seems that some, and I don't include you in this, have been seeking to address the 'excuse' instead of the 'cause' of our problems.

A couple of months ago some were saying the cause of our hiccups was the international breaks upsetting our momentum.

Now some of those same people are saying it's not enough breaks, but too many matches!

The problems we have....scoring goals and finishing lesser teams off are NOT new...one only has to go back to the Dunbarton game at the start of the season....and I don't think that was due to too many games.

broondog
20-03-2016, 02:01 AM
we will be in this division for another season, people need to just accept that, its far from the end of the world tho. I think we need to freshen up the team next season and bring someone else in in terms of management. Unless stubbsy wins the cup, he needs to go imo but I dont think thats a bad thing necessarily. I thought he had it in him to get us promoted and win a cup but its looking like only 1 of those things will happen now. terrible run in the league but we have been excellent in the cup so it gives me some optimism. I cant criticise too much because I expected this to happen. need less negativitiy on here about the league and lets go for it in the cup! ggtth

Forza Fred
20-03-2016, 03:13 AM
we will be in this division for another season, people need to just accept that, its far from the end of the world tho. I think we need to freshen up the team next season and bring someone else in in terms of management. Unless stubbsy wins the cup, he needs to go imo but I dont think thats a bad thing necessarily. I thought he had it in him to get us promoted and win a cup but its looking like only 1 of those things will happen now. terrible run in the league but we have been excellent in the cup so it gives me some optimism. I cant criticise too much because I expected this to happen. need less negativitiy on here about the league and lets go for it in the cup! ggtth

Forgive me if I don't really understand, but your last sentence appears to directly conflict with your first.

How can one be less negative about the league, yet state we won't get promoted?

Libby Hibby
20-03-2016, 05:17 AM
The problems we have can't be solely be blamed on too many games.

It seems that some, and I don't include you in this, have been seeking to address the 'excuse' instead of the 'cause' of our problems.

A couple of months ago some were saying the cause of our hiccups was the international breaks upsetting our momentum.

Now some of those same people are saying it's not enough breaks, but too many matches!

The problems we have....scoring goals and finishing lesser teams off are NOT new...one only has to go back to the Dunbarton game at the start of the season....and I don't think that was due to too many games.

Forza, there was a thread back in November discussing this exact issue.

We were winning but not exactly killing teams off. Relying to much on Cummings's goals and what would happen if they dried up.

Sadly, I think we are all finding out.

GlesgaeHibby
20-03-2016, 08:23 AM

After a Derby defeat, just like us in 2007.