PDA

View Full Version : What have Hibs done to Peter Houston to make him so bitter about us?

G B Young
19-03-2016, 08:43 AM
It strikes me that while Falkirk boss Peter Houston carries a chip around on his shoulder when it comes to repeatedly stressing how well Falkirk are doing despite their limited player budget, he nevertheless lavishes praise on Rangers while never missing an opportunity to put the boot into Hibs.

Is there some long forgotten score he feels he has to settle with us or is it simply down to his Hearts connections? While he was happy to admit his side could have been five or six goals down to Rangers at half time last night, in last season's Scottish Cup semi-final which was dominated by Hibs he refused to even acknowledge his team had rode their luck to a large degree.

There are numerous other niggly little asides he throws in when referring to Hibs, the worst being his attempt to have John McGinn branded a serial diver - and while he apologised for that you got the impression he'd been put under pressure by his club to do so.

I guess the fact Falkirk have failed to beat Hibs in four attempts since that semi-final, including conceding a late equaliser to us when we had only nine men on the pitch, frustrates him but is there any need for what seems to me to be a very obvious anti-Hibs stance?

The Green Goblin
19-03-2016, 08:46 AM
It strikes me that while Falkirk boss Peter Houston carries a chip around on his shoulder when it comes to repeatedly stressing how well Falkirk are doing despite their limited player budget, he nevertheless lavishes praise on Rangers while never missing an opportunity to put the boot into Hibs.

Is there some long forgotten score he feels he has to settle with us or is it simply down to his Hearts connections? While he was happy to admit his side could have been five or six goals down to Rangers at half time last night, in last season's Scottish Cup semi-final which was dominated by Hibs he refused to even acknowledge his team had rode their luck to a large degree.

There are numerous other niggly little asides he throws in when referring to Hibs, the worst being his attempt to have John McGinn branded a serial diver - and while he apologised for that you got the impression he'd been put under pressure by his club to do so.

I guess the fact Falkirk have failed to beat Hibs in four attempts since that semi-final, including conceding a late equaliser to us when we had only nine men on the pitch, frustrates him but is there any need for what seems to me to be a very obvious anti-Hibs stance?

He's an absolute roaster?

Thecat23
19-03-2016, 08:47 AM
He's one of the biggest roasters in football. Up there with the likes of Preston from Sportsound who just hate us.

kaimendhibs
19-03-2016, 08:48 AM
He is a detestable character.

Albanian Hibs
19-03-2016, 08:48 AM
Obsessed just like the rest of the jambo welts

Spike Mandela
19-03-2016, 08:50 AM
I hope Falkirk finish 2nd and we beat them in the playoff just to see that roaster's pus.

Onion
19-03-2016, 08:51 AM

He's got a serious mental problem and had no idea why Sctratchel chose 51 when at DUFC :cb. Half expecting Houston to do the big 5-1 in his post match interviews, even when the game has nowt to do with Hibs. All in all, just another Hibs Obsessed Yam.

Col2
19-03-2016, 08:52 AM
The Skacel 51 shirt denial when clearly he knew fine what was going on just shows his true colours. His defending of the worst Scotland management in history is laughable.

A bitter fat Harry Potter loving cretin.

Mark my words we will finish above them and they will be staying in the Championship.

Alex Trager
19-03-2016, 08:55 AM
He's an absolute cretin

Bostonhibby
19-03-2016, 08:58 AM
He wants to be loved by the yammish, a dangerous thing in itself, but that's the limit of his ambition - to be a popular turd in a sea of turds.

He even has his team playing in the best yam traditions FFS. I used to like Falkirk as I remember them being a very good club back in the day but they currently seem to have a manager with the footballing nous of Harry Potter and the appearance and snivelling attitude of Billy Broon.

Ronniekirk
19-03-2016, 09:02 AM
Whatever it is ,it is his driving force to finish above us So we still have a fight on our hands for second
Should avoid any complacency on players behalf
A few folk have assumed their bid for promotion would fizzle out but last nights result is a reminder they will push us all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2016, 09:03 AM
He wants to be loved by the yammish, a dangerous thing in itself, but that's the limit of his ambition - to be a popular turd in a sea of turds.

He even has his team playing in the best yam traditions FFS. I used to like Falkirk as I remember them being a very good club back in the day but they currently seem to have a manager with the footballing nous of Harry Potter and the appearance and snivelling attitude of Billy Broon.

Did he not win the cup with Dundee utd, and got Falkirk to another final? He's currently got his current Falkirk side 2nd in the league above us. Maybe having a nice guy who everyone loves is not all its cracked up to be?

Jones28
19-03-2016, 09:05 AM
Can't stand him, an absolute roaster of the highest order.

Bostonhibby
19-03-2016, 09:11 AM
Did he not win the cup with Dundee utd, and got Falkirk to another final? He's currently got his current Falkirk side 2nd in the league above us. Maybe having a nice guy who everyone loves is not all its cracked up to be?

:agree: All that's on the credit side but I was trying to answer the question originally posed.

There seems to be something not linked to his achievements that makes him come out and have a swipe at us the way he does. There are plenty winning managers out there who don't have the "style" this guy has and his attitude to all things Hibs does seem to be there for all to see whether he won a cup with Dundee Utd or not.

greenpaper55
19-03-2016, 09:15 AM
He is a sad man who looks like Victor Meldrew !

Gordy M
19-03-2016, 09:17 AM

Yeh so did butcher with ict...how did that work out when tried it???

Scorrie
19-03-2016, 09:17 AM
Even in his post match interview last night he mentioned us "expecting Falkirtk to lose and we would be disappointed". He is very motivated though and I think we will have areal fight on our hands to best them in the playoffs. We will need to mentally and physically on our game

The_Horde
19-03-2016, 09:21 AM
Will make it all the sweeter when we pump them in the playoffs.

Coco Bryce
19-03-2016, 09:23 AM
He's just your average jambo really.

Beefster
19-03-2016, 09:25 AM
I'm not sure why some Hibs fans give two hoots what that tragic, bitter, classless Hearts **** thinks about anything. We do our job and his downward managerial trajectory continues.

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2016, 09:29 AM
Yeh so did butcher with ict...how did that work out when tried it???

No he didnt.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-03-2016, 09:30 AM
If he is trying to get Rangers out of the equation and narrow it down to us and them and then stir things up, you would have to say he is succeeding. I would have said there were no issues or agendas between us and them or even him and Stubbs unless we let them happen.

Stokesy's on fire
19-03-2016, 09:31 AM
He's bitter because he hates the fact we are in his way and his Falkirk team know fine well they won't be able to hold out their bottle will crash big time.

Gordy M
19-03-2016, 09:41 AM
No he didnt.

Butcher most certainly had ict above hibs.....

bawheid
19-03-2016, 09:43 AM
Ugly bald merrick syndrome.

Waxy
19-03-2016, 09:53 AM
We beat rangers to 2nd last year and it didnt do us any good or them any harm.

Torto7062
19-03-2016, 09:57 AM
He's bitter because he hates the fact we are in his way and his Falkirk team know fine well they won't be able to hold out their bottle will crash big time.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160319/3ba1e20d6bad775db52ffce19d08745a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
19-03-2016, 09:58 AM
The reason Falkirk are above is because of two reasons. They're obviously a good side with a system that allows their players to play to their strengths. The second reason is simple, our inability to beat gash teams like Dumbarton.

GreenLake
19-03-2016, 10:02 AM
Whoever he is, I doubt anyone has heard of him outside of Scottish football.

Bostonhibby
19-03-2016, 10:18 AM
Whoever he is, I doubt anyone has heard of him outside of Scottish football.

That's what they said about Billy Broon, only for him to prove everyone wrong with his famous "been places and dun hings" speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOQWTdhRZw8

flash
19-03-2016, 10:23 AM
The reason Falkirk are above is because of two reasons. They're obviously a good side with a system that allows their players to play to their strengths. The second reason is simple, our inability to beat gash teams like Dumbarton.
And the third reason is they have played 3 more games but to mention that wouldn't suit your agenda.

Waxy
19-03-2016, 10:23 AM
That's what they said about Billy Broon, only for him to prove everyone wrong with his famous "been places and dun hings" speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOQWTdhRZw8Hahahahaha

eastcoasthibby
19-03-2016, 10:38 AM
Hahahahaha

We can say all we want about how Houston presents, what he says and doesn't say but he is doing so.etching right at Falkirk , I think we ridicule or ignore what where he has them at our peril, the facts are in the league table , our problem I think is that we get complacent and a bit arrogant about ourselves , then start believing it and then don't give it everything on the park, he won't let his players do that and we need to respect that and get our mentality right in every ga.e from now on in.
No point in having the better players if they don't deliver every week, game by game .

jdships
19-03-2016, 10:39 AM

If you have ever spent time in his company you will answer your questions
A strange man who seems to find it difficult to be objective and " hunts with the hare and runs with the hounds"
Find it difficult to say anything praisworthy about him :na na:

Bostonhibby
19-03-2016, 10:41 AM
We can say all we want about how Houston presents, what he says and doesn't say but he is doing so.etching right at Falkirk , I think we ridicule or ignore what where he has them at our peril, the facts are in the league table , our problem I think is that we get complacent and a bit arrogant about ourselves , then start believing it and then don't give it everything on the park, he won't let his players do that and we need to respect that and get our mentality right in every ga.e from now on in.
No point in having the better players if they don't deliver every week, game by game .

:agree: I expect a tough niggly game every time we play them because of how he sets them up, its not entertaining but its effective most of the time. Still don't like the guy or his attitude but there you go.

Beefster
19-03-2016, 10:41 AM
We beat rangers to 2nd last year and it didnt do us any good or them any harm.

Finishing third would be completely unacceptable unless we went on to win the playoff final.

Its impossible to say whether last year's placing had an impact btw. Maybe the break before the semifinal harmed us and maybe The Rangers were fatigued by the two extra games by the time they faced Motherwell.

hibee62
19-03-2016, 10:42 AM

There are two reasons but not those you give:

They have a plastic pitche giving them an unfair advantage.
They've played 3 more games than us.

marinello59
19-03-2016, 10:44 AM

Well said. The advantage their pitch gives them is seldom mentioned.

19-03-2016, 10:54 AM
Houston is a horrible, classless, bitter hearts ****. Couldn't care less if he can't stand us because the feeling is mutual.

Borderhibbie76
19-03-2016, 11:00 AM
And the third reason is they have played 3 more games but to mention that wouldn't suit your agenda.
Beat me to it mate 😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Wee Effen Bee
19-03-2016, 11:12 AM

Being Hibbies, I really can't see anyone of us ignoring Falkirk. History has drummed it in to us that the dice doesn't tend to fall in our favour too regularly when they are expected to. As for the arrogance and mentality part, I just can't see it. Every game I have watched this year the players look as if they are giving their all - even on-loan players like Henderson who runs himself into the ground every match. We have regularly missed chance after chance in games only to see the other team go on to score. Continuing to create these chances is what we need...then to start putting most of them away.

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-03-2016, 11:26 AM
He's a yam. It's in his DNA to be utterly obsessed with Hibs. Freaks, the lot of them.

Jack Hackett
19-03-2016, 11:55 AM
Houston! You have a problem! :yw:

Turkish Green
19-03-2016, 11:57 AM
I hope Falkirk finish 2nd and we beat them in the playoff just to see that roaster's pus.

Careful what you wish for. Even if we finish 2nd, we'd end up p,aying Falkirk but on better terms.

Hibernia&Alba
19-03-2016, 12:02 PM
Ugly bald merrick syndrome.

Spot on analysis. He's a dobber and very bitter.

Betty Boop
19-03-2016, 01:27 PM
He's a yam. It's in his DNA to be utterly obsessed with Hibs. Freaks, the lot of them.
Nah he's a Celtic fan.

Iggy Pope
19-03-2016, 01:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOQWTdhRZw8

Still cuts about wearing his Wonga Hertz coat. Like a jakey that's been places. Places like the bookies in Musselburgh. A Jakey

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-03-2016, 01:32 PM
Nah he's a Celtic fan.

I just meant he has previous Hearts connections which is enough to turn you into a slavering mess of a man with an absurd obsession with Hibs. Look at Danny Grainger for example.

hibees 7062
19-03-2016, 01:34 PM
Will make it all the sweeter when we pump them in the playoffs.

If we play them . Raith Rovers will beat them

Keith_M
19-03-2016, 01:40 PM

Does not having a plastic pitch give Hibs an advantage against teams that do... like Falkirk for instance?

rcarter1
19-03-2016, 01:41 PM

Exactly this.

And I suspect this may be a reason why he likes to give us a dig. We spout rubbish about passing the ball, football, possession, yada yada yada. Its all junk. Win games - end of story.

Lago
19-03-2016, 01:45 PM
:top marks
Exactly this.

And I suspect this may be a reason why he likes to give us a dig. We spout rubbish about passing the ball, football, possession, yada yada yada. Its all junk. Win games - end of story.

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2016, 01:47 PM
I see a lot more seething on here about him than anything he's ever said about us. :confused:

Peevemor
19-03-2016, 01:49 PM
Does not having a plastic pitch give Hibs an advantage against treams that do... like Falkirk for instance?

Not really. Teams that have artificial pitches play at least 50% of their league games on them, allowing them to get used to both plastic and grass. For teams like Hibs it's only occasionally.

Franck Stanton
19-03-2016, 01:58 PM

Take it the fact we haven't played as many games as them has nothing what-so-ever to do with it then ?

Bostonhibby
19-03-2016, 02:01 PM
Still cuts about wearing his Wonga Hertz coat. Like a jakey that's been places. Places like the bookies in Musselburgh. A Jakey

Not surprised to hear it.

eastcoasthibby
19-03-2016, 02:05 PM
:agree: I expect a tough niggly game every time we play them because of how he sets them up, its not entertaining but its effective most of the time. Still don't like the guy or his attitude but there you go.

Will never say I like or ever like him, he has a terrible attitude and demeanour, is disrespectful and has a clear vendetta against everything Hibs ....so let's do our talking on the park !!!!

hibees 7062
19-03-2016, 02:06 PM
What have Hibs done to Peter Houston to make him so bitter about us?

They can't beat us :wink:

hibee62
19-03-2016, 02:07 PM
Does not having a plastic pitch give Hibs an advantage against teams that do... like Falkirk for instance?

As answered above, not really. It is allowed by the rules but my opinion is that it is giving an unfair advantage. My impression every time I've seen one is that the ball bounces or rolls in very different ways to grass, and it never seems to be uniform across the pitch either.

Of course, once Rangers had a bad reaction to one it got into the news, and the discussion pointed to most players not liking them unless their team had one.

rcarter1
19-03-2016, 02:10 PM
As answered above, not really. It is allowed by the rules but my opinion is that it is giving an unfair advantage. My impression every time I've seen one is that the ball bounces or rolls in very different ways to grass, and it never seems to be uniform across the pitch either.

Of course, once Rangers had a bad reaction to one it got into the news, and the discussion pointed to most players not liking them unless their team had one.

Rangers were handing Falkirk their innards on the plastic last night. Don't think the plastic had much to do with their late collapse.

banarc7062
19-03-2016, 02:43 PM
Treat the man with the contempt he and his comments deserve and ignore him. GGTTH

KeithTheHibby
19-03-2016, 02:52 PM
He's a Wee baldy yam ****stain who talks *****.

Moulin Yarns
19-03-2016, 03:01 PM
Not sure if it's just him. My nephew is a Falkirk supporter and he always posts on Facebook when Hibs get beat. I think they have a chip on their shoulders when it comes to Hibs

Biggie
19-03-2016, 05:05 PM
Jambo prick...end of