PDA

View Full Version : 6 points

Torto7062
18-03-2016, 08:40 PM
So the Zombies lay down to Falkirk tonight...nae surprises there then eh...

6 points to battle back with 3 games in hand.....

It's do-able the players just have to have trust in what Stubbsy wants them to do....

GGTTH http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160318/24cb94c2082f17a4e7472a8a06eaed80.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hibby Bairn
18-03-2016, 08:43 PM
Aye and we should be on 64 puts with 2 in hand over huns and 3 in hand over Falkirk. With both to play at ER. Chucked it.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2016, 08:44 PM
Did Falkirk get lucky again? :rolleyes:

Frazerbob
18-03-2016, 08:46 PM
Or, we could win our games in hand, beat the Huns at ER and we're only 5 off top again.

eastterrace
18-03-2016, 08:48 PM
So the Zombies lay down to Falkirk tonight...nae surprises there then eh... 6 points to battle back with 3 games in hand..... It's do-able the players just have to have trust in what Stubbsy wants them to do.... GGTTH Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk we just have to beat Falkirk at Easter road then everything will be fine, but if we lose then we're in the crap but I fully expect us to beat them so no problem

SON OF PADDY
18-03-2016, 08:51 PM
Did Falkirk get lucky again? :rolleyes:

I hate to admit it !! But Falkirk really deserved their win.

JimBHibees
18-03-2016, 08:53 PM
I hate to admit it !! But Falkirk really deserved their win.

Did they really? Rangers were horrific last part of the game.

Hibee87
18-03-2016, 08:55 PM
Or, we could win our games in hand, beat the Huns at ER and we're only 5 off top again.
8 point, only 2 games in hand over rangers. 3 in hand over falkirk

Frazerbob
18-03-2016, 08:59 PM
8 point, only 2 games in hand over rangers. 3 in hand over falkirk

Baws!

SON OF PADDY
18-03-2016, 09:07 PM
Did they really? Rangers were horrific last part of the game.

Yes really !! Ranger's thought the points where in the bag,
Falkirk never gave up and deserved their win.
Hardly Falkirk's fault if the Huns where horrific ?

JimBHibees
18-03-2016, 09:12 PM
Yes really !! Ranger's thought the points where in the bag,
Falkirk never gave up and deserved their win.
Hardly Falkirk's fault if the Huns where horrific ?

Didn't mean they deserved to win though being on top for a tiny part of the game. Rangers should have been 5 up first half.

SON OF PADDY
18-03-2016, 09:24 PM
Which bit of they didn't give up don't you get ? It's the tiny part's that won them the game.

Callum7
18-03-2016, 09:25 PM
Turned off around half time as I was bored, I come back now and read that Falkirk have won...

...how did that happen?

Pete
18-03-2016, 09:26 PM
Turned off around half time as I was bored, I come back now and read that Falkirk have won...

...how did that happen?

They Jambottled it.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Anyone else see the same pattern forming here that we see year after year after year? We have posts telling us we are only 3 points of Europe, then its we are only 5 points off Europe. Then its we are only 2 points off the top 6, if we win our game in hand and Ross County lose by 3 goals we will make the top 6.

If we win one more game we will stay up, now if we win our 3 games in hand we will overtake Falkirk.

Just for bloody once Hibs, wouldnt it be nice to hear if we win our next game we will go clear of the chasing pack.

We really do need to make 2nd place this season, the fixture pile up could cripple us towards the end.

Sergey
18-03-2016, 09:34 PM
Anyone else see the same pattern forming here that we see year after year after year? We have posts telling us we are only 3 points of Europe, then its we are only 5 points off Europe. Then its we are only 2 points off the top 6, if we win our game in hand and Ross County lose by 3 goals we will make the top 6.

If we win one more game we will stay up, now if we win our 3 games in hand we will overtake Falkirk.

Just for bloody once Hibs, wouldnt it be nice to hear if we win our next game we will go clear of the chasing pack.

We really do need to make 2nd place this season, the fixture pile up could cripple us towards the end.

:top marks

43,520 posts and you've finally said something that I agree with!

...and at 10:30 on a Friday night.

keep the faith
18-03-2016, 09:36 PM
Gotta laugh at some people are blaming hibs and those who choose to support out club positively for falkirk beating rangers and playing very well. Mon the hibees!!

Keep the faith

JimBHibees
18-03-2016, 09:38 PM
Which bit of they didn't give up don't you get ? It's the tiny part's that won them the game.

The bit that just because they won didn't mean they deserved to win, not that difficult is it. They were bossed for the majority of the game yet won mostly due to Rangers awful defending. Yes they never gave up but no way they deserved to win.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2016, 09:40 PM
:top marks

43,520 posts and you've finally said something that I agree with!

...and at 10:30 on a Friday night.

Come back from Tenerife with a bloody virus, no drink for a while so staying in for a bit. :boo hoo:

greenpaper55
18-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Rangers could have had four or five before Falkirk scored , they missed a few sitters and thought they had it won but to be honest they were both pretty crap, remember we have beaten them both.

Hibernia&Alba
18-03-2016, 09:44 PM
Falkirk are a good side, with only three league defeats, and tonight's win will give them a boost. Not going to be easy to overhaul them, particularly when we have so many fixtures to play in a short period. Back on the rollercoaster everyone!

JOD
18-03-2016, 09:56 PM
I really want Der Huns in the final of SC cup.

We can beat them and oh so sweet that would be. :pray:

Forza Fred
18-03-2016, 09:59 PM
Falkirk are a good side, with only three league defeats, and tonight's win will give them a boost. Not going to be easy to overhaul them, particularly when we have so many fixtures to play in a short period. Back on the rollercoaster everyone!

A couple of months back when some were berating Rangers for their perceived arrogance in dismissing our challenge, I pointed out that we could be accused of being guilty of the same in regard to Falkirk.

This resulted in many posts suggesting we would finish 10 or so points minimum in front of the Bairns.

Fwiw I think we will still pip Falkirk for second place, but don't know how we will go against them in the play offs.

They have quietly went about their business with a lot less resources than us, and are definitely punching above their weight as the story goes.

There must be a lesson in there somewhere for us, as to what they are doing right that perhaps we aren't.

Forza Fred
18-03-2016, 10:01 PM

I must have missed the semi, what was the result again?:agree:

high bee
18-03-2016, 10:06 PM
A couple of months back when some were berating Rangers for their perceived arrogance in dismissing our challenge, I pointed out that we could be accused of being guilty of the same in regard to Falkirk.

This resulted in many posts suggesting we would finish 10 or so points minimum in front of the Bairns.

Fwiw I think we will still pip Falkirk for second place, but don't know how we will go against them in the play offs.

They have quietly went about their business with a lot less resources than us, and are definitely punching above their weight as the story goes.

There must be a lesson in there somewhere for us, as to what they are doing right that perhaps we aren't.

What worries me is the playoffs are just cup finals, it doesn't matter who has the better team or who performed over a season, it's all about that game. They're designed to give the neutral excitement and drum up interest in games for people who wouldn't normally care. Unfortunately it doesn't matter who we play in the playoffs we will be favourites and have the bigger support so extra pressure comes with that.

That's all my doom and gloom for tonight but they are genuine concerns.

Onion
18-03-2016, 10:13 PM

:agree: Been waiting all my life for a moment like that. Winning the SC would always be special but to beat the Huns in the final ..... not sure if you could ever cap that.

Craig_in_Prague
18-03-2016, 10:17 PM
Both Falkirk and Hibs should be in the top league. We're a small country, we shouldn't have bigger clubs in 2nd league. Seriously, Falkirk and Hibs crowd wise vs. Partick, Hamilton or even very recent successful cup teams of county and St J....it's mental.
D UTD, the envy of many, not long ago, will be down as well. Is it all worth it? Is the top league and bottom six all so so exciting? No.
Is our national team anywhere near acceptable? Not for a long time.

BTW none of this is because Hibs are down. Its just sad and does nothing for our no.1 sport overall.

monktonharp
18-03-2016, 10:22 PM
I hate to admit it !! But Falkirk really deserved their win.I worry about you

Onion
18-03-2016, 10:24 PM

The Huns have won the league, but the recent love in between Warbs and Houston has been boak inducing. Warbs thinks Houston should be named manager of the year, Houston fawning over the Huns, how great team they are and how they deserve to win the league. Their common link is their despise of Hibs.

Huns played some great stuff in the first 30 mins and should have blown them away, but as we found last Sunday, possession counts for nowt, it's goals that matter and the Bairns showed real character to overturn the Huns. Would the Huns have collapsed like that against us, no chance. They would have dug in, kicked th hell out of every Hibby on the ball and stopped us somehow.

Hibs will not win the league but Stubbs and the boys can stick it right up both of them by winning the games in hand and securing 2nd place, leaving Houston to sweat out 6 matches for a Prem place.

Thecat23
18-03-2016, 10:28 PM
Falkirk and the Huns are two clubs I actually hate. Funny as I also hate both managers as well. Hope both have a horrible future and THE Rangers go bust and Falkirk fall down the divisions 😁

Sergey
18-03-2016, 10:29 PM
Both Falkirk and Hibs should be in the top league. We're a small country, we shouldn't have bigger clubs in 2nd league. Seriously, Falkirk and Hibs crowd wise vs. Partick, Hamilton or even very recent successful cup teams of county and St J....it's mental.
D UTD, the envy of many, not long ago, will be down as well. Is it all worth it? Is the top league and bottom six all so so exciting? No.

BTW none of this is because Hibs are down. Its just sad and does nothing for our no.1 sport overall.

Craig - Falkirk and Hibs are in this league because they weren't good enough to compete at the top level. Crowds have nothing to do with it - just ask Leeds and numerous other clubs dotting around the lower leagues.

We could play the likes of QoS for many seasons to come.

Be prepared.

monktonharp
18-03-2016, 10:32 PM
Come back from Tenerife with a bloody virus, no drink for a while so staying in for a bit. :boo hoo:you seem to have a different life style from the common people. hope your health improves .must remind myself, nip out and buy a half loaf to last next week.

Andy74
18-03-2016, 10:33 PM
Falkirk and the Huns are two clubs I actually hate. Funny as I also hate both managers as well. Hope both have a horrible future and THE Rangers go bust and Falkirk fall down the divisions 😁

Agree with that.

Craig_in_Prague
18-03-2016, 10:36 PM
Craig - Falkirk and Hibs are in this league because they weren't good enough to compete at the top level. Crowds have nothing to do with it - just ask Leeds and numerous other clubs dotting around the lower leagues.

Be prepared.

Agree, but Czech Republic are a small nation (though 2x Scotland ), have a bigger league, winter break, more successful national team.
See my point?

Ps. Standing, beer, affordable pricing too.

monktonharp
18-03-2016, 10:45 PM
Falkirk and the Huns are two clubs I actually hate. Funny as I also hate both managers as well. Hope both have a horrible future and THE Rangers go bust and Falkirk fall down the divisions Again, funnily enough I hate both.Huns, well that is a given from previous experiences over a long period.......I hate them , new club and old club. Falkirk, well its more to do with the Falkirk folk really hating Edin. was at a stag do in N/Castle same hotel and they were a bit nasty until we sorted them oot .Dublin, a bit nasty, until we actually showed them how to sing songs aboot Stirling bridge/bannockburn etc. not a friendly lot but I think most of them were Huns anyway which didnae bother us.....nah, Falkirk can get tae France tae:greengrin:

Sergey
18-03-2016, 10:45 PM
Agree, but Czech Republic are a small nation (though 2x Scotland ), have a bigger league, winter break, more successful national team.
See my point?

Ps. Standing, beer, affordable pricing too.

I'm really not sure the point you're trying to make. IMHO - If a club ain't good enough then they should be demoted from the league (I hope we agree on that).

Our national team are a basket case, but that is probably more to do with UEFA rankings rather than how good we actually are. Getting dropped into Pot 4 every draw is a sure kick in the gonads that scuppers us before a ball is even kicked.

BTW - It's you're round :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2016, 10:47 PM
you seem to have a different life style from the common people. hope your health improves .must remind myself, nip out and buy a half loaf to last next week.

:confused: In what way?

Craig_in_Prague
18-03-2016, 10:50 PM
I'm really not sure the point you're trying to make. IMHO - If a club ain't good enough then they should be demoted from the league (I hope we agree on that).

Our national team are a basket case, but that is probably more to do with UEFA rankings rather than how good we actually are. Getting dropped into Pot 4 every draw is a sure kick in the gonads that scuppers us before a ball is even kicked.

BTW - It's you're round :greengrin

Well quite simply a bigger league, with games on better pitches, with less chance of relegation, all points to the bigger clubs (well all really ), having a bigger chance of playing youth and less risk ot relegation and stuff.
Who's had better national teams over the years?
Is it luck?

Hibernia&Alba
18-03-2016, 10:52 PM
:confused: I what way?

I dread to think. Probably sexual fetishes and decadence of all kinds :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2016, 10:53 PM
I dread to think. Probably sexual fetishes and decadence of all kinds :greengrin

:slipper:

PolmontHibby
18-03-2016, 10:57 PM
The Huns have won the league, but the recent love in between Warbs and Houston has been boak inducing. Warbs thinks Houston should be named manager of the year, Houston fawning over the Huns, how great team they are and how they deserve to win the league. Their common link is their despise of Hibs.

Huns played some great stuff in the first 30 mins and should have blown them away, but as we found last Sunday, possession counts for nowt, it's goals that matter and the Bairns showed real character to overturn the Huns. Would the Huns have collapsed like that against us, no chance. They would have dug in, kicked th hell out of every Hibby on the ball and stopped us somehow.

Hibs will not win the league but Stubbs and the boys can stick it right up both of them by winning the games in hand and securing 2nd place, leaving Houston to sweat out 6 matches for a Prem place.

Totally agree on the managers.

"With all due respect" Warburton is playing pathetic mind games against Hibs bigging up Houston.....and Houston is just a $%$%

Waxy
18-03-2016, 11:25 PM
Falkirk, they're flippin annoying.

Tyler Durden
19-03-2016, 12:13 AM

Hmmm sounds exactly like you're saying this cos Hibs are down.

Are Falkirk any different to Partick or St Johnstone? Should we just abolish relegation?

Tyler Durden
19-03-2016, 12:17 AM
I find it curious that so many people appear to be hung up on finishing second.

FWIW, I've no doubts Hibs will finish above Falkirk. But will it really matter? There's no evidence to suggest so.

The playoffs are a total f#cking lottery. We'll be favourites whomever we play at every stage. Hibs need to deal with that. An extra team to beat isn't going to radically alter our chances IMO.

Liberal Hibby
19-03-2016, 12:23 AM

The Huns haven't won the league as tonight shows.

They're favourite obviously but so were we on Sunday.

I don't know why anyone is feart of Falkirk and if we are we should keep stum about it until after the event ...

monktonharp
19-03-2016, 12:40 AM
not at all. sexual? behave. decadence, well possibly bragging about top class tickets for matches in the past, trying to slag off other fans who disagree with your views and letting people know when your off on hols. that in itself is a form of decadence. some can hardly afford to live, and that is FACT. which is the real world around me.:blowing:

QMU-1875
19-03-2016, 01:22 AM

Jambos wet dream is at it again. Support something non competitive like yoga or bike riding with friends cause you appear to get no enjoyment from competitiveness in sport...

BH aside mon the hibs, Rangers back sides to collapse and the hibees to take the title. Who'd a thunk it?

QMU-1875
19-03-2016, 01:27 AM
Don't understand the bed wetting. Falkirk have basically made up the points they dropped against Dumbarton plus 1. Rangers will lose 3 and the lose to us. The slip up for them begins now.

CB_NO3
19-03-2016, 03:29 AM
I can't say I am confident in coming second.

SON OF PADDY
19-03-2016, 03:57 AM
I worry about you

Really appreciate your concern, honestly I do.

HH81
19-03-2016, 05:34 AM
you seem to have a different life style from the common people. hope your health improves .must remind myself, nip out and buy a half loaf to last next week.

He only went to Spain not San Diego :-)

Ringothedog
19-03-2016, 06:08 AM
I can't say I am confident in coming second.

Far more fun though.

Ringothedog
19-03-2016, 06:09 AM

FWIW, I've no doubts Hibs will finish above Falkirk. But will it really matter? There's no evidence to suggest so.

The playoffs are a total f#cking lottery. We'll be favourites whomever we play at every stage. Hibs need to deal with that. An extra team to beat isn't going to radically alter our chances IMO.

My thoughts exactly.There is a potential for a 3 extra games in May, I am sure we will cope.

Spike Mandela
19-03-2016, 06:34 AM

This exactly. Last year finishing second was a hollow victory.

We are as well to rest players now as playoffs are guaranteed.. Rotate players and get the best team going in to the semi, the playoffs and hopefully the cup final.

Hibernia&Alba
19-03-2016, 06:48 AM

We are as well to rest players now as playoffs are guaranteed.. Rotate players and get the best team going in to the semi, the playoffs and hopefully the cup final.

But there's already a fixture pile up that could get worse, depending on the semi-final result. I agree that the play offs are a lottery, so let's not risk having an off day in an extra tie. Finishing second rather than third could be a great help.

Onion
19-03-2016, 07:03 AM

Always thought coming 2nd was essential, but you're right, our cup runs have created a complete fixture nightmare for Hibs with 9 cup finals in April alone. The Huns have won the league, so can ease their way along and prepare for the SC Semi properly. Falkirk only have the league so can concentrate 100% on that.

We could beat our pans out, hammer all our best players, build up suspensions and STILL fail to get 2nd place. Or we could rotate the squad, rest and protect our best players and have a fully prepared team for the POs (incl extra 2 matches) and the Scot Cup. If we didn't have the SC Semi, there'd be no question, we'd push hard for 2nd, but our SC semi is very winnable and the Sevco / Celtic beatable.

hibsbollah
19-03-2016, 07:09 AM
Rangers haven't 'won the league' :dunno:

They need 10 more points from 7 games (assuming their GD is unsurmountable which it is). So if they go W3 D0 L4 and we max out we win the league. Its not impossible.

If we win our games in hand we go back above Falkirk, and we're coming off a big win against ICT, another top league scalp.

So forms good, the slump is over, Rangers are losing and could still blow it, and even if they dont we're still looking at 2nd as a likely outcome. Plenty of grounds for optimism :aok:

GreenCastle
19-03-2016, 07:23 AM

They need 10 more points from 7 games (assuming their GD is unsurmountable which it is). So if they go W3 D0 L4 and we max out we win the league. Its not impossible.

If we win our games in hand we go back above Falkirk, and we're coming off a big win against ICT, another top league scalp.

So forms good, the slump is over, Rangers are losing and could still blow it, and even if they dont we're still looking at 2nd as a likely outcome. Plenty of grounds for optimism :aok:

Sevco have lost 3 all season.

For them to lose 4 of the remaining 7 would be a massive bottling event.

It's not going to happen.

Right now we need to keep taking it game by game - while resting players would be nice - we aren't good enough to do that. We need to get the points on the board and finish 2nd - 4 games in a short space of time is better than 6 games in the playoffs.

As was shown last year - it's not just the playoff of this league it's playing a fresh SPFL team which will be the real challenge.

I still believe we will go up - we just need to be more clinical in front of goal.

AL-Qaholik
19-03-2016, 07:35 AM
I can't believe how far we've fallen as a club.
The vast majority of posters on this thread seem to think fishing 3rd in the second tier of Scottish football is no big deal.
Absolutely beggars belief.

Tyler Durden
19-03-2016, 07:35 AM
Always thought coming 2nd was essential, but you're right, our cup runs have created a complete fixture nightmare for Hibs with 9 cup finals in April alone. The Huns have won the league, so can ease their way along and prepare for the SC Semi properly. Falkirk only have the league so can concentrate 100% on that.

We could beat our pans out, hammer all our best players, build up suspensions and STILL fail to get 2nd place. Or we could rotate the squad, rest and protect our best players and have a fully prepared team for the POs (incl extra 2 matches) and the Scot Cup. If we didn't have the SC Semi, there'd be no question, we'd push hard for 2nd, but our SC semi is very winnable and the Sevco / Celtic beatable.

Exactly, play our best team on the weekends and a reserve team (entirely different 11) midweek, with a mix against Falkirk.

Once we get to May the games are well enough spread

Joe's ice cream
19-03-2016, 07:53 AM
I can't believe how far we've fallen as a club.
The vast majority of posters on this thread seem to think fishing 3rd in the second tier of Scottish football is no big deal.
Absolutely beggars belief.

Yeah , whatever because clearly that's what folk are saying !!!!

Hibby Bairn
19-03-2016, 08:01 AM
Anyways.....3 pts behind with 2 games in hand at 5pm today 👍

Cod Boy
19-03-2016, 08:13 AM
Anyways.....3 pts behind with 2 games in hand at 5pm today 👍

Still be six points behind as the game is a 1715 kick off.

AL-Qaholik
19-03-2016, 09:00 AM
Yeah , whatever because clearly that's what folk are saying !!!!

"Vast majority" may have been hyperbole but there is no doubt that there are already folk arguing that 3rd wouldn't be a disaster. Crazy talk, in my opinion. Yes, I'm aware we COULD finish third & still win the playoffs but finishing 3rd in the second tier of Scottish football should never be even a remote possibility for a club like Hibs. I know Sevco did it last year, but they're **** so who cares?!

Spike Mandela
19-03-2016, 09:04 AM
Still be six points behind as the game is a 1715 kick off.

:devil:

Spike Mandela
19-03-2016, 09:06 AM
"Vast majority" may have been hyperbole but there is no doubt that there are already folk arguing that 3rd wouldn't be a disaster. Crazy talk, in my opinion. Yes, I'm aware we COULD finish third & still win the playoffs but finishing 3rd in the second tier of Scottish football should never be even a remote possibility for a club like Hibs. I know Sevco did it last year, but they're **** so who cares?!

Would rather finish 4th and get promoted via the playoffs than finish 2nd and lose in the playoffs.:cb

Joe's ice cream
19-03-2016, 09:12 AM

I don't get this ' should never be a remote possibility' line tbh - we don't have a given right to end up in any position

Trainor
19-03-2016, 09:16 AM
Would rather finish 4th and get promoted via the playoffs than finish 2nd and lose in the playoffs.:cb

Exactly, promotion is what matters, how it's done isn't!

Onion
19-03-2016, 09:17 AM

Wanting and moaning about something doesn't change anything either. You need to deal with what's in front of you and, following the ICT win, Hibs are now seriously competing on 2 fronts. We're 2 winnable games away from the Holy Grail and quite capable of gaining promotion as well whether we end up 2nd or 3rd. You could argue the team who wins the 3 v 4 PO has the momentum coming in the Champ PO (just as Sevco did last season, so seeing a 3rd place finish is hardly a "disaster". If Hibs win the SC and gain promotion, how we achieved that will be as meaningless as Hearts FC. :aok:

FranckSuzy
19-03-2016, 10:18 AM
not at all. sexual? behave. decadence, well possibly bragging about top class tickets for matches in the past, trying to slag off other fans who disagree with your views and letting people know when your off on hols. that in itself is a form of decadence. some can hardly afford to live, and that is FACT. which is the real world around me.:blowing:

W, I was just saying to my servant, whilst she was peeling me grapes on my yacht, that BH is a slaver but you've now taken that title I'm afraid :greengrin Are lefties not allowed on holiday now, like? Better go and cancel my next break then and ask for a refund on the Mother's Day hospitality I shelled out for 2 weeks ago. Christ, a few posts before you were talking about staying in a hotel while going on about Bannockburn so slight double standards naw? :devil:

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2016, 10:31 AM
W, I was just saying to my servant, whilst she was peeling me grapes on my yacht, that BH is a slaver but you've now taken that title I'm afraid :greengrin Are lefties not allowed on holiday now, like? Better go and cancel my next break then and ask for a refund on the Mother's Day hospitality I shelled out for 2 weeks ago. Christ, a few posts before you were talking about staying in a hotel while going on about Bannockburn so slight double standards naw? :devil:

:greengrin Not sure if i will be able to fully enjoy my next weeks holiday, i mean £330 all inclusive in a Tenerife 3 star is taking decadence to a whole new level. :faf:

lyonhibs
19-03-2016, 10:55 AM
:greengrin Not sure if i will be able to fully enjoy my next weeks holiday, i mean £330 all inclusive in a Tenerife 3 star is taking decadence to a whole new level. :faf:

You watch it now. Bob Crow will rise from the grave and be shaking his first at you for such decadence whilst the "working man" struggles.

Shameful so it is. Taking a holiday. Awful.

Sent from the sun kissed pistes of Crans Montana

emerald green
19-03-2016, 11:01 AM

There's being optimistic, but this sounds like clutching at straws and / or wishful thinking.

Do you seriously think The Rangers are going to lose 4 of their next 7 games? To whom do you think? And Hibs, at the same time, "max out" - you mean win every game presumably? I know that you would get extremely long odds on that happening. If it does, I'll be happy for you to come back afterwards and say to me I told you so.

You say "forms good". Yet Hibs have lost their last three consecutive league matches against Morton, Dumbarton and QOS. Also, how do you know the slump is over? You are basing this on the win against ICT in the cup replay presumably?

You say The Rangers are losing. Last night was their first defeat in 16 games FFS.

Borderhibbie76
19-03-2016, 11:10 AM

Be prepared.
And Hearts could go bust Sergey

Borderhibbie76
19-03-2016, 11:13 AM
But there's already a fixture pile up that could get worse, depending on the semi-final result. I agree that the play offs are a lottery, so let's not risk having an off day in an extra tie. Finishing second rather than third could be a great help.
I disagree the fixture pile up is in April. ..May will be fine and finishing 2nd guarantees us nothing. Far too much being made of it..fwiw I think we will finish 2nd btw, just don't think it's crucial. It done us no favours last year

Edson Arantes
19-03-2016, 11:14 AM

Yep. :top marks

Promotion is the key.

How we achieve it doesn't matter.

Hibernia&Alba
19-03-2016, 11:22 AM
I disagree the fixture pile up is in April. ..May will be fine and finishing 2nd guarantees us nothing. Far too much being made of it..fwiw I think we will finish 2nd btw, just don't think it's crucial. It done us no favours last year

Fatigue will enter the equation, and there's also a potential cup final in May. Let's not take the risk of two more games and possibly falling at the first hurdle; besides which, we should be finishing ahead of Falkirk.