PDA

View Full Version : Promotion v Cup Runs

Keyser Sauzee
17-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Don't want this to be seen in anyway a "negative" thread but I was wondering how much both cup runs would off set the budget against not gaining promotion this season, which I think we still will though the playoffs?

jarre1875
17-03-2016, 06:59 PM
With tv revenue n merchandise i think the make a decent amount of money which may offset not going up. But like yourself i do think we will go up via the play offs and the gate money from that will help stubbsy in the transfer market and hopefully keep us on an upward spiral

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Giro Playboy
17-03-2016, 07:04 PM
The cups runs bring in much needed revenue but that is not a patch on what we would make if we get promoted. Promotion will bring us increased TV money, bigger gate receipts, increased season ticket sales and even things like hospitality and merchandise sales would increase. Going up would bring us a minimum of 9 cat A games all of whom would probably be live on Sky or BT Sport

ancient hibee
17-03-2016, 07:40 PM
As the two semi gates coming up will be pooled(obviously a big benefit for us) I would estimate that the two cup runs will bring us in an extra million quid or thereabouts.

Northernhibee
17-03-2016, 08:28 PM
I'm very nervous about April. It's simply not possible for a team to play that amount of games and not succumb to fatigue. A couple of losses due to tired legs and the fans will be right on the players backs which isn't good going into the playoffs. Really hope a few fringe players can make a step up as we'll need to utilise every single player to their full potential.