PDA

View Full Version : Players Value

since90plustwo
17-03-2016, 02:19 PM
Realistically, how much would you think it would take to prise our players away from us (not including add ons or anything)? Going by last nights teamsheet..

Oxley - 100-200k
Gray - 100k
Fontaine - 60-100k
McGregor - 300k
Stevenson - 200k
Keatings - 150k
Bartley - 300k
McGinn - 1.5m
Cummings - 1m

El Alagui - 50k
Handling - 100k
Boyle - 150k
Thomson - 50k
Dagnall - 70k

Hanlon - 750k
Fyvvie - 300k
McGeoch - 500k

My_Wife_Camille
17-03-2016, 02:27 PM
Realistically, how much would you think it would take to prise our players away from us (not including add ons or anything)? Going by last nights teamsheet..

Oxley - 100-200k
Gray - 100k
Fontaine - 60-100k
McGregor - 300k
Stevenson - 200k
Keatings - 150k
Bartley - 300k
McGinn - 1.5m
Cummings - 1m

El Alagui - 50k
Handling - 100k
Boyle - 150k
Thomson - 50k
Dagnall - 70k

Hanlon - 750k
Fyvvie - 300k
McGeoch - 500k

Cummings and McGinn probably worth quite a bit more, Fyvie and McGeouch maybe about right and the rest will be way less. Infact there will be quite a few with little to no transfer value at all.

Ozyhibby
17-03-2016, 02:35 PM
Dundee just let Thomson walk out the door for free?
Handling has already been told he can leave for free.
Only McGinn and Cummings would attract a fee at all just now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeanWilson
17-03-2016, 02:37 PM

Oxley - free
Gray - free
Fontaine - free
McGregor - free
Stevenson - free
Keatings - free
Bartley - free
McGinn - 2-3m
Cummings - 1-2m

El Alagui - free
Handling - free
Boyle - free
Thomson - free
Dagnall - free

Hanlon - free
Fyvvie - free
McGeoch - free
Based on the real world and clubs who have money to buy a player wanting and being able to buy ours/hibs being willing to sell/let go....

Fergus52
17-03-2016, 02:47 PM
Based on the real world and clubs who have money to buy a player wanting and being able to buy ours/hibs being willing to sell/let go....

Hanlon for free, aye?

Andy74
17-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Hanlon for free, aye?

He's out of contract.

SeanWilson
17-03-2016, 02:51 PM
Hanlon for free, aye?

Based on the real world and clubs willing to pay a fee/us wanting to let him go..... Has he signed a new deal yet?

Giro Playboy
17-03-2016, 07:15 PM
Dylan would never be worth half a million at the moment. He has had far too many injuries in a short space of time. This depreciates a players value

Del Boy
17-03-2016, 07:24 PM
Be amazed if anyone paid over 2 million for McGinn at the moment. Celtic paid 1.5/1.6 for Stuart Armstrong last year and he had been a stand out in the top league for 2-3 years.

Dylan would never be worth half a million at the moment. He has had far too many injuries in a short space of time. This depreciates a players value

Yea. He is far too injury prone to be worth that.

Michael
They're only worth what someone would be willing to pay and the club willing to accept. Only McGinn and Cummings would be worth over 100k I would reckon (although those two would realistically be worth around 600-800K).

MWHIBBIES
17-03-2016, 07:38 PM
Fyvie could be a core player in any SPL midfield for 10 years, would be mad to let him for free.

R'Albin
17-03-2016, 08:18 PM
Taking real life contracts out of the situation (as I can't be arsed finding them all) and imaging they all had two years remaining, this is what I believe Hibs would be willing to sell at:

Oxley - FREE
Gray - 40k
Fontaine - 60k
McGregor - 100k
Stevenson - 40k
Keatings - 40k
Bartley - 75m
McGinn - 1.5m
Cummings - 1m

El Alagui - FREE
Handling - FREE
Boyle - 20k
Thomson - 10k
Dagnall - 10k

Hanlon - 1m
Fyvie - 500k
McGeouch - 1m

There's so many factors to something like this though which makes it impossible to be anywhere near accurate. For example, Hibs may be willing to allow David Gray to leave if we were getting another right back in order to get him off the wage bill. As well as what period it is in the transfer window among other things.

snedzuk
17-03-2016, 08:24 PM
we could do with knowing Hendersons value and whether we can afford it.

Monts
17-03-2016, 09:20 PM
Taking real life contracts out of the situation (as I can't be arsed finding them all) and imaging they all had two years remaining, this is what I believe Hibs would be willing to sell at:

Oxley - FREE
Gray - 40k
Fontaine - 60k
McGregor - 100k
Stevenson - 40k
Keatings - 40k
Bartley - 75m
McGinn - 1.5m
Cummings - 1m

El Alagui - FREE
Handling - FREE
Boyle - 20k
Thomson - 10k
Dagnall - 10k

Hanlon - 1m
Fyvie - 500k
McGeouch - 1m

There's so many factors to something like this though which makes it impossible to be anywhere near accurate. For example, Hibs may be willing to allow David Gray to leave if we were getting another right back in order to get him off the wage bill. As well as what period it is in the transfer window among other things.

You certainly rate Bartley!

R'Albin
17-03-2016, 11:20 PM
You certainly rate Bartley!

I was worried I underrated him :greengrin

majorhibs
17-03-2016, 11:35 PM
Another guffy thread that does Hibs nae good, but plenty takers, life wi nae internet & its adherents, back tae the good stuff, would dae me. Experts in the pub could be outdrunk, but the sober slavers never end.

TheFall
18-03-2016, 02:35 AM
They should keep McGinn for as long as possible.
if we are promoted and he continues to have the same impact and stays fit his value will keep rising.
Probably worth £1million at the moment.
In two years that could easily rise to at least £3 million.
A class act.

TheFall
18-03-2016, 02:52 AM
Cummings has a lot to learn.
Importantly he has a strikers instinct.
That alone is valuable.
However, he needs to improve his decision making and awareness.
Hopefully this will come in time.
At the moment he just gets the heid doon and goes at defenders totally unaware of the position of team mates around him.
probably only worth £500k at the moment.
Think he would badly fail in the English Championship at the moment.
Needs to stay at Hibs and develop his game.
could even try to work on his right foot!

TheFall
18-03-2016, 03:09 AM
Of the others who belong to Hibs
Bartley, Hanlon and Fyvie are valuable to us with the last two still developing.

McGeogh's injury problems are a worry. He is our quarterback, the link between midfield and the forwards. Worth nothing at the moment but £300-500k if fit.

As I see it all of the 6 players in my posts above have a long term place in an improving team.

None of the other players are worth a bean and could be replaced by better players if we can find and afford them in the future.

Does anyone think any other players than the 6 named above should be kept long term.

It would be great if we could keep Henderson but I can't see Celtic parting with him.
He will be a large void to fill next season.

TheFall
18-03-2016, 03:20 AM
Sorry, forgot about McGregor.
Worth nothing on the transfer fee front but a great player for us.
Gutted to see he is 30 but could still be a vital player for us for another 4 seasons?
That makes 7.

McGregor
Hanlon
McGinn
Fyvie
McGeogh
Bartley
Cummings

A great basis for a potentially great team

Geo_1875
18-03-2016, 09:49 AM
Cummings has a lot to learn.
Importantly he has a strikers instinct.
That alone is valuable.
However, he needs to improve his decision making and awareness.
Hopefully this will come in time.
At the moment he just gets the heid doon and goes at defenders totally unaware of the position of team mates around him.
probably only worth £500k at the moment.
Think he would badly fail in the English Championship at the moment.
Needs to stay at Hibs and develop his game.
could even try to work on his right foot!

Pish. He's at least as good as Fletcher was at this stage. Both are/were completely one-footed. Fletcher has managed a decent career at low level EPL teams and Jason will do the same at some point. You must realise playing with better players raises their game as well. Also, there is huge money available in England that it would ludicrous to let a talent like Jason go for sweeties.

J-C
18-03-2016, 09:54 AM
Player are only valued what people are prepared to pay.

sleeping giant
18-03-2016, 09:56 AM
Another guffy thread that does Hibs nae good, but plenty takers, life wi nae internet & its adherents, back tae the good stuff, would dae me. Experts in the pub could be outdrunk, but the sober slavers never end.

Brilliant :greengrin

TheFall
18-03-2016, 03:16 PM
Pish. He's at least as good as Fletcher was at this stage. Both are/were completely one-footed. Fletcher has managed a decent career at low level EPL teams and Jason will do the same at some point. You must realise playing with better players raises their game as well. Also, there is huge money available in England that it would ludicrous to let a talent like Jason go for sweeties.

I don't disagree with what you say about Cummings other than the comparison with Fletcher.
The thrust of my post is captured in the sentence of my post you highlighted i.e. he is not ready to move at the moment.

He needs another 2 seasons at Hibs to become stronger, improve his link and hold up play etc to a level that a big move would be a success for him.
This would obviously benefit Hibs including his value increasing 4 fold.

I am concerned that he has IIRC the same agent as Scott Allan.
There is a right and wrong time to move and his agent may not be the right person to advise on that given the conflict of interests.

Re Fletcher. He was 22 when he moved (Cummings is only 20) had played twice as many games as Cummings currently has, had been Voted Scottish Young Player of the Year a couple of times and importantly was playing and scoring for Scotland.
He was not as good a goal scorer as Cummings but a far better footballer with great technique, link up and hold up play.
Time will tell.

Smartie
18-03-2016, 03:32 PM
Player are only valued what people are prepared to pay.

:agree:

And as we're not in a transfer window, nobody is able to pay anything so technically the players are worthless.

By the time the next transfer window opens all the players could be premier league players and medal winners which will multiply their values.

Alternatively they might be players with a track record of failing to get out of a piss-poor division, a track record of blowing chances to win trophies or may even have picked up a long-term injury.

Basically - I think it's hard to put a price on a player right now.

Particularly at a time when Chinese clubs can come in and pay silly money for relatively obscure players.

TheFall
18-03-2016, 03:43 PM
Yeah, the Chinese market is a real game changer

Pete
18-03-2016, 03:46 PM

:agree:

Pretty much where I'm at...(but a bit less confrontational :greengrin )

MWHIBBIES
18-03-2016, 03:58 PM
Pish. He's at least as good as Fletcher was at this stage. Both are/were completely one-footed. Fletcher has managed a decent career at low level EPL teams and Jason will do the same at some point. You must realise playing with better players raises their game as well. Also, there is huge money available in England that it would ludicrous to let a talent like Jason go for sweeties.Have a word, Fletcher was a better player in a better league and scored 2 goals for us in a cup final. Jason will do very well to have a career as good as Fletcher.