PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Handling

Unseen work
17-03-2016, 07:15 AM
Got to say it was fantastic seeing him out on the pitch again last night. Could tell he was buzzing being back even though he never got on.

I think he should get some game time on Saturday in place of keatings as he is poor in midfield and doesn't get on the ball.

Looking forward to him kicking on and being a success.

Diclonius
17-03-2016, 07:34 AM
We certainly could do with Handling now we have a few midfielders out.

Booked4Being-Ugly
17-03-2016, 07:42 AM
I really like DH and IMO he could be an asset to the team if he stays injury free.

I think he will fill Henderson's role next season, If we can't get Henderson back on loan that is.

Hopefully all his injury problems are behind him and he can kick on from here.

JIm
17-03-2016, 08:18 AM
Was extremely surprised to see him on bench both last night and Sunday. Good luck to the kid, he has a lot of doubters to overcome.

Based on what he was told early in the season I'd be amazed to see him here next year, but you never know. If he applies himself correctly and ups his overall contribution on matchdays you just never know what might happen.

Ronniekirk
17-03-2016, 08:22 AM
Whats the script with Fyffe who we were told had a chance of playing in the final But didn't make bench then or last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikey09
17-03-2016, 08:23 AM
Fantastic to see him back. Will be like a new signing in the run in. Welcome back Danny.

SlickShoes
17-03-2016, 08:33 AM
I'm yet to be convinced by him but good luck to the lad he has a lot of work to do and has been very unlucky with injuries too.

Scouse Hibee
17-03-2016, 08:58 AM
Not for me, my memory isn't that bad despite his prolonged absence.Good luck to him on his recovery but I see no place for him,not good enough.

Smartie
17-03-2016, 09:13 AM
I can never really make my mind up about him but he did have a few really good performances for us last season at the tip of the diamond.

We made a poor start to the season and I honestly do think that he was instrumental in us getting the right midfield blend that got the best out of Scott Allan.

He's also had a few too many "meh" performances for me.

Certainly a position that we could do with some more competition for right now though, that's for sure.

Allant1981
17-03-2016, 09:17 AM
Hope he gets over his injury but compared to our other midfielders he wont get anywhere near our team when all fit, probably best letting him go somewhere else

Andy74
17-03-2016, 09:23 AM
Not for me, my memory isn't that bad despite his prolonged absence.Good luck to him on his recovery but I see no place for him,not good enough.

Agreed - I think if he had stayed fit he would have been moved on by now.

Gettin' Auld
17-03-2016, 09:33 AM
Whats the script with Fyffe who we were told had a chance of playing in the final But didn't make bench then or last night

I think they sell bananas........... :greengrin

AlbertK86
17-03-2016, 09:46 AM
I think they sell bananas........... :greengrin

Laughed a that 👏👏

Hibee87
17-03-2016, 10:39 AM

I agree he has not shown a great deal for us, however I would like to see him play at the tip of diamond. I believe (but could be wrong) this was where he played for the dev squad/U19 and by all accounts had a decent scoring record, im sure Hibs have mainly deployed him as a winger so who knows, he might be a diamond needed at the right time in the right place on the pitch

since90plustwo
17-03-2016, 10:50 AM
I really like DH and IMO he could be an asset to the team if he stays injury free.

I think he will fill Henderson's role next season, If we can't get Henderson back on loan that is.

I can see Scougall being brought in for that role. Interesting he was wanting to come to us on loan in January but Sheff utd wanted a fee

GreenLake
17-03-2016, 10:59 AM

That I doubt very much.

Hibby Bairn
17-03-2016, 11:16 AM
That's the spirit lads. Full backing to one of our young players coming back from injury and hopefully fulfilling Stubbs' faith and previous early promise.

:rolleyes:

hibee-boys
17-03-2016, 11:41 AM
That's the spirit lads. Full backing to one of our young players coming back from injury and hopefully fulfilling Stubbs' faith and previous early promise.

Stubbs was happy to let Handling go out on loan in the summer so I'm not sure he's got that much faith in him! Up to Handling now to get fit and show Stubbs what he can do, I hope the lad does surprise the doubters!!

Ozyhibby
17-03-2016, 01:05 PM

People just being realistic. Handling was on his way out and 9 months out with injury won't have helped that situation. He still has a chance of a decent career but I don't think he has a future at Hibs.

Dashing Bob S
17-03-2016, 01:59 PM
Fantastic to see him back. Will be like a new signing in the run in. Welcome back Danny.

He will indeed be like a new signing, just not a particularly good one if past form is any indication.

Stubbs obviously sees something in him, so here's hoping he shines.

TheFall
18-03-2016, 02:44 AM
I can see Scougall being brought in for that role. Interesting he was wanting to come to us on loan in January but Sheff utd wanted a fee

Scougall would be a good summer signing.
Can't see Handling making it in the midfield at Hibs.
We have a high quality players in that area now and it is likely another will be signed in the summer to replace Henderson.
It's a shame for Danny but the game is brutal.

CorrieHibs
18-03-2016, 06:29 AM
I still think there is a player in handling. It just needs coached out. Tbf to the lad he's had diddy managers before Stubbs. In a few games last season he looked good. Just lacks confidence and belief.

Hopefully we'll see him bring that out more.

He's still here and always in the under 21 sides. So obviously managers see something in him as well.

lyonhibs
18-03-2016, 06:37 AM
He's been here for bloody ages and not really made a mark or position his own.

Soon to go the way of Ross Caldwell et al and drop down the leagues for regular starting XI football IMO.

Golden Bear
18-03-2016, 08:10 AM
Danny needs to be more adventurous in his play, too often he chose the ultra safe option.

However like others, I have every confidence that he can and will step up to the plate when required.

eastmainsmsh
18-03-2016, 08:10 AM
better up front reckon he will surprise a few people on his return

Salt N Sauzee
18-03-2016, 08:26 AM
Quite optimistic about his return. Really hope he proves the experts on this thread wrong :agree:

Brightside
18-03-2016, 08:28 AM

Soon to go the way of Ross Caldwell et al and drop down the leagues for regular starting XI football IMO.

Utter bollix. Danny handling is a decent footballer and is very much in the plans of Stubbs

Diclonius
18-03-2016, 08:46 AM
I can only remember him having one good game, in the CC against Rangers in our first season down. I hope he makes the breakthrough but I can't see it based on what I've seen so far.

Smartie
18-03-2016, 08:50 AM
I can only remember him having one good game, in the CC against Rangers in our first season down. I hope he makes the breakthrough but I can't see it based on what I've seen so far.

He was superb in the 6-2 win at Dumbarton last season.

It was the first time in years that we'd really looked the part and he was a huge part of it.

J-C
18-03-2016, 08:59 AM
IIRC Handling was a regular starter last season when McGeouch was injured and was part of the team that went on that great mid season run to overtake Rangers. We don't know exactly what Stubbs said to these young lads at the start of the season, did he actually say their time was up and begone or was it a case of saying you may be better of on loan as game time may be limited.

Allant1981
18-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Utter bollix. Danny handling is a decent footballer and is very much in the plans of Stubbs

Was he not told he could go?

southern hibby
18-03-2016, 09:23 AM
Gents watched him against Wigan and trust me there's a player in there. Strolled it didn't look like a youngster at all.

Danny can and will be make it in football. If he shows desire and determination he did that day then trust me I fully believe it will be at a higher level than Hibs.
Question is can he show that determination throughout a whole season????

GGTTH

marinello59
18-03-2016, 09:30 AM

He had Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher in charge. An extended period under the present management team could see his reputation transformed amongst the Hibs support. He is a talented footballer, he can still do something in the game.

The_Horde
18-03-2016, 09:34 AM
Gents watched him against Wigan and trust me there's a player in there. Strolled it didn't look like a youngster at all.

Danny can and will be make it in football. If he shows desire and determination he did that day then trust me I fully believe it will be at a higher level than Hibs.
Question is can he show that determination throughout a whole season????

GGTTH

Yep, heard he made Scott Allan look like Brian Kerr that day.

Big L
18-03-2016, 07:38 PM
Love to see him find a role in the team. He started as a striker I believe, Stubbs had him playing midfield but I think tip of the diamond might suit him because their is definitey goals in him.

MWHIBBIES
18-03-2016, 08:48 PM
I can only remember him having one good game, in the CC against Rangers in our first season down. I hope he makes the breakthrough but I can't see it based on what I've seen so far.Had many good games in his run in the team last season, 4-0 away at Livi, 6-3 Dumbarton, 4-0 at home vs Huns etc.

eastmainsmsh
19-03-2016, 09:14 AM
Mate had him down at Berwick he scored seven in seven his words were if he can build up his stamina and last 90 mins he will do well in the game hope so

Beefster
19-03-2016, 09:55 AM
My biggest issue with Handling is the amount of times he loses possession. If he can sort that and actually make things happen on a regular basis, he might still be successful at Hibs. Can't say I'm overly confident though.

Smartie
19-03-2016, 10:06 AM
My biggest issue with Handling is the amount of times he loses possession. If he can sort that and actually make things happen on a regular basis, he might still be successful at Hibs. Can't say I'm overly confident though.

He gets muscled off the ball far too easily.

His passing isn't too bad - ok, he sometimes gives the ball away but he's also better at playing a deftly-weighted ball in behind defences better than most other players.

I don't mind players occasionally trying something that doesn't come off. Our ultra-safe sideways passing annoys me a lot more to be honest.

Billy Whizz
19-03-2016, 10:09 AM
He gets muscled off the ball far too easily.

His passing isn't too bad - ok, he sometimes gives the ball away but he's also better at playing a deftly-weighted ball in behind defences better than most other players.

I don't mind players occasionally trying something that doesn't come off. Our ultra-safe sideways passing annoys me a lot more to be honest.

I'm hoping he's been working out in the gym during his time off

Smartie
19-03-2016, 10:13 AM
I'm hoping he's been working out in the gym during his time off

So am I, because I reckon there's a decent player in there if he can just hold his own a bit better physically.

If he has been working out during this break it might actually turn out to be the best thing that could have happened to him.

Paul Hanlon looks like he's bulked up over the past few years and we're seeing the benefit of that now.

Billy Whizz
19-03-2016, 10:17 AM
So am I, because I reckon there's a decent player in there if he can just hold his own a bit better physically.

If he has been working out during this break it might actually turn out to be the best thing that could have happened to him.

Paul Hanlon looks like he's bulked up over the past few years and we're seeing the benefit of that now.

I agree, always rated Danny, got a great football brain.