PDA

View Full Version : Was the League Cup defeat the wake up call needed?

Libby Hibby
17-03-2016, 06:03 AM
Time will tell but I certainly hope the league cup defeat is enough to spur the team onto promotion. That is the priority and always has been for me. Getting to the league cup final was a bonus but the defeat may keep this good squad hungry enough to achieve something this season.

A long way to go in the Scottish Cup but it is now some 4/5 weeks away to keep everyone on their toes and help the buzz around ER going.

Well done Hibs.

Seriously proud of your bouncebackability last night.

GGTTH

Dibben
17-03-2016, 06:07 AM
I hope so. I did hope that the 3 league defeats leading up to the final would have been the springboard. But maybe there was that whole 'we've got a final coming up mentality'.

Hopefully we now push on!

Onion
17-03-2016, 06:39 AM
No, wasn't a wake up call or a blessing in disguise. Just another gut-wrenching defeat in a long line of sorry cup final failures. If we carry on like this, can see Hibs winning the Scottish Cup in the year 2135 in front of 325 Hibs fans - the rest having been committed or heavily medicated for their own protection long before that :greengrin

hibbymick
17-03-2016, 06:41 AM
That league cup final defeat could just maybe spur us on to something special this year.

greenlex
17-03-2016, 06:44 AM
I don't think so but if the disappointment of defeat in the final makes them work harder to help them actually achieve something from a promising season then that would be great.

Gmack7
17-03-2016, 06:45 AM
No

Scorrie
17-03-2016, 07:04 AM
I don't think so but if the disappointment of defeat in the final makes them work harder to help them actually achieve something from a promising season then that would be great.

Agree 100%.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-03-2016, 07:46 AM
No, wasn't a wake up call or a blessing in disguise. Just another gut-wrenching defeat in a long line of sorry cup final failures. If we carry on like this, can see Hibs winning the Scottish Cup in the year 2135 in front of 325 Hibs fans - the rest having been committed or heavily medicated for their own protection long before that :greengrin

It'll be like the Monty Python sketch when the Scotsman wins Wimbledon (only Hibee Andy Murray did it against a human)

From about 4.30. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMCNltgrs1U&sns=

http://www.ibras.dk/montypython/episode07.htm#7