PDA

View Full Version : Henri Anier

Craigmount Hibs
16-03-2016, 11:34 PM
....can play against us in the semi final, and he's just started banging the goals in. Hope that he doesn't come back to haunt us....

Shrekko
16-03-2016, 11:40 PM
I think Utd's failure to sign Stokes is more likely to haunt THEM. Let's be positive.

I liked Anier's BRIEF appearances but he was barely used so no point talking like he's one that got away.

Pete
16-03-2016, 11:41 PM
No offence but I'm not going to spend any time worrying about Henri Anier, especially five minutes after we've won a vital replay.

:cheers:

easty
17-03-2016, 06:28 AM
....can play against us in the semi final, and he's just started banging the goals in. Hope that he doesn't come back to haunt us....

Scores 2 games in a row = just started banging in the goals?

BoomtownHibees
17-03-2016, 06:49 AM

Of course it does

Thecat23
17-03-2016, 07:35 AM
He prob will score... But they will be 3 down in the 90 min so it won't matter. 😉

SlickShoes
17-03-2016, 08:43 AM
They have much more dangerous players than Anier to worry about anyway, this is a team that literally have nothing to lose so hopefully it should be a good game, just hope we can get the upper hand again.

Diclonius
17-03-2016, 08:44 AM
United wanted Anier back. It's not our error of judgement that's at fault, it's Mixu correctly predicting he'd find form for them.

Andy74
17-03-2016, 08:47 AM

Well if Stokes scoring in one game signals a return to form...

I liked the look of Anier - allowing him to go back is another one I've disagreed with. I think we got a bit complacent in January with what we thought we had up front and there was always the potential to play United in play off or a cup game.

Callum_62
17-03-2016, 08:50 AM
Do UTD have anyone good in the air?

Based on last nights Inverness tactics of launching it at every opportunity - which was starting to work, id be more worried if they had a giant centre forward

Smartie
17-03-2016, 09:05 AM
I was at the United game on Friday night.

I have to say that I didn't see anything that we should be afraid of.

Anier took his goal well and played quite well but United should have been able to defend their lead a bit better after a reasonably promising start. They folded once they lost the equaliser though, a horrible goal from a set-piece just before half-time. They offered nowt going forward in the second half.

Anier seems to have won their fans over though - they hated him a few months ago, now they're chanting his name.

I think it was their third-choice keeper that they had playing the other night - he looked hopeless and came in for a reasonable amount of stick from his own fans (way more than any Hibs goalkeeper has ever received in my experience, maybe with the exception of the Ollie GTF chant).

They seemed to be playing a 3-5-2 with wing backs and their LWB Paul Dixon seemed to be getting a lot of abuse too - not nearly the player he used to be by all accounts.

They seem to rate Paul Paton as their best player - different team when he's not in the side apparently.

John Rankin was the same old John Rankin - bags of effort, decent honest player but not particularly refined. He looked good in a good United team but now looks pretty poor in a poor United team - as he did when he was playing in a pretty poor Hibs team.

superfurryhibby
17-03-2016, 09:10 AM
Well if Stokes scoring in one game signals a return to form...

I liked the look of Anier - allowing him to go back is another one I've disagreed with. I think we got a bit complacent in January with what we thought we had up front and there was always the potential to play United in play off or a cup game.

I think the assets we have in place justified letting Anier go back. He's not returned to Utd with all guns blazing and I don't seriously think keeping him just in case we played UTd in a play off o cup tie really enters into.

Ardenttwo
17-03-2016, 09:15 AM
I think the assets we have in place justified letting Anier go back. He's not returned to Utd with all guns blazing and I don't seriously think keeping him just in case we played UTd in a play off o cup tie really enters into.

If we reach Final and its against Smellytic will we be allowed to play Henderson and Stokes

Sir David Gray
17-03-2016, 09:27 AM
If we reach Final and its against Smellytic will we be allowed to play Henderson and Stokes

No.

superfurryhibby
17-03-2016, 09:35 AM

So what? Henderson doesn't play up front and we still have Cummings, El Aligui, Boyle, Dagnall and Keatings who do. What is your paint caller?

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-03-2016, 09:44 AM
So what? Henderson doesn't play up front and we still have Cummings, El Aligui, Boyle, Dagnall and Keatings who do. What is your paint caller?

A whitewash maybe?

Thecat23
17-03-2016, 10:11 AM

I think he's only asking a question, if that's ok?

superfurryhibby
17-03-2016, 10:26 AM
I think he's only asking a question, if that's ok?

Aye, fair point.

I assumed there was a tangential link to the rather odd argument that we should have kept Anier, in case of meeting Utd or whatever.

Come back Ardenttwo, I'll be gentle with you the next time.

hughio
17-03-2016, 10:37 AM

I saw Arnier talking to Leanne Dempster after the Inverness game.
She congratulated him on Dundee Unt Result v Ross County and invited him into stadium.Couldn't understand why she was being so pally when we'd just sent him back??

Crossed my mind he might be coming back....

macca70
17-03-2016, 11:20 AM
It's weird how these things work out, no way we could have foreseen playing United In a Scottish Cup Semi.

You can see exactly how this is going to pan out; he'll score the goal that puts us out the cup but could also contribute to our demise in the playoffs!!

Thecat23
17-03-2016, 11:21 AM
Aye, fair point.

I assumed there was a tangential link to the rather odd argument that we should have kept Anier, in case of meeting Utd or whatever.

Come back Ardenttwo, I'll be gentle with you the next time.

Ah right, I did wonder 😁👍🏼

Kaiserclem
17-03-2016, 11:46 AM
Henri Anier will sign for Hibs this summer. Gentleman's agreement already in place and apparently loved his time at Hibs and in particular our set-up and ,management team. Will be a good signing I feel. Confirmed by a friend of his a couple of months ago. If it doesn't happen then the friend was a stranger winding me up in a restaurant bar. Which is also a possibility lol

cabbageandribs1875
17-03-2016, 11:57 AM
Henri Anier will sign for Hibs this summer. Gentleman's agreement already in place and apparently loved his time at Hibs and in particular our set-up and ,management team. Will be a good signing I feel. Confirmed by a friend of his a couple of months ago. If it doesn't happen then the friend was a stranger winding me up in a restaurant bar. Which is also a possibility lol

i hope he doesn't score against us in the SF then, his hibs career might get off to quite a bad start

Dashing Bob S
17-03-2016, 02:04 PM
A stick on to score the winner, either in real time, stoppage time, extra time or penalty shoot out. It is the latest fate the cup gods have in store for us.

Pete
17-03-2016, 04:00 PM
A stick on to score the winner, either in real time, stoppage time, extra time or penalty shoot out. It is the latest fate the cup gods have in store for us.

Anier o.g. I like it.

Before Anier left to go back all people were saying was that he was a waste of a wage and all he did was run about.

Fast forward a few months and after a goal or two the semi will involve facing Diego Costa who is destined to knock us out.

:hmmm:

Andy74
17-03-2016, 04:07 PM
Anier o.g. I like it.

Before Anier left to go back all people were saying was that he was a waste of a wage and all he did was run about.

Fast forward a few months and after a goal or two the semi will involve facing Diego Costa who is destined to knock us out.

:hmmm:

That's not really true though is it?

Wen he was injured and not playing people were suggesting it was a waste of time him being brought in. When he played he came on and influenced the outcome of the two games.

I don't think anyone would have suggested all he did in the games he played was run about.

Anyway, I think what people are getting at is that it would be just typical for a player we decided we didn't need to score against us later in an important game.

OtleyHibs
17-03-2016, 04:55 PM
Anier was with us for a large part of the season, our management team and our defenders have hopefully seen enough of him to have an idea how to keep him quiet.

If we can get a bit of form going we can knock them out this cup just like we did the other

HibsNutter
17-03-2016, 05:00 PM
If Anier is our main worry I'm sure we'll get through to the final