PDA

View Full Version : Don't Knock The Ox

Dashing Bob S
16-03-2016, 09:36 PM
Yes, Oxley is out for the semis, but some people seem to think we'll be bringing in Claudio Bravo instead of an untested keeper. Oxley has his flaws, but he isn't THAT bad. I think we still suffer from Zibi-Clown syndrome, whereby every mistake a keeper makes is amplified in the stands.

marinello59
16-03-2016, 09:40 PM
Yes, Oxley is out for the semis, but some people seem to think we'll be bringing in Claudio Bravo instead of an untested keeper. Oxley has his flaws, but he isn't THAT bad. I think we still suffer from Zibi-Clown syndrome, whereby every mistake a keeper makes is amplified in the stands.

Well said.

Ianhibee
16-03-2016, 09:47 PM
Have to agree - when you see some of the howlers EPL goalies make I think we need to give the big man a break.

SlickShoes
16-03-2016, 09:49 PM

Zibi has basically ruined the career of every goalie since him, any goalie playing for hibs wondering why the fans are so apprehensive and edgy needs to just watch some of his performances for hibs.

Lancs Harp
16-03-2016, 09:55 PM
Its all about opinions. We should always be looking to improve the team and build on what we have. IMO Oxley is far from great and has a mistake in him every game. For a big guy he is certainly uncertain at set pieces and corners in particular. A good keeper saves you a certain amount of points per season I don't think we get that from Oxley. A position we should be looking to improve on certainly if we manage to get promotion.

KWJ
16-03-2016, 10:00 PM
I'm no Oxley hater and thought the idea of dropping him for Virtanen was ridiculous. But now that he's def out for the semi the young keeper needs some time to bed into the team and prepare himself for the semi. Ideally he is phenomenal and replaces Oxley, if not, hopefully he can do a decent enough job and we can welcome back the Ox for the run in.

Borderhibbie76
16-03-2016, 10:03 PM
So true and well said...but the Oxley haters will be along in a minute mate 🙊

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

oneone73
16-03-2016, 10:20 PM
So true and well said...but the Oxley haters will be along in a minute mate 🙊

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Oxley played well tonight.

Jack Ferrigan
16-03-2016, 10:23 PM
Unfortunately Mark Oxley cannot compete and take a cross !

H113EE5
16-03-2016, 10:39 PM
No sympathy. He's got previous. His goal kicks takes forever and I'm sure he thinks the game revolves him.

The_Horde
16-03-2016, 10:42 PM
We'll get it rescinded.

oneone73
16-03-2016, 10:43 PM
Unfortunately Mark Oxley cannot compete and take a cross !

We're you at the game??