PDA

View Full Version : 5 games in 15 days?

H18 SFR
16-03-2016, 10:28 PM
Does tonight's victory mean that we now have 5 games in 15 days starting with the semi?

hibee_girl
16-03-2016, 10:30 PM
It'll maybe be 6 depending on when they rearrange the Falkirk game for.

matty_f
16-03-2016, 10:30 PM
Does tonight's victory mean that we now have 5 games in 15 days starting with the semi?

That'll be good. Reckon by the time we've won the Scottish and gone up through the play offs we'll have played somewhere in the region of 86 competitive matches in 2016. :greengrin

007 Mickey Weir
16-03-2016, 10:31 PM
Yes but a 2 week break after Raith game to get Fyvie and Dylan back to fitness ready for it. Maybe even Hanlon at a push.

ancient hibee
16-03-2016, 10:31 PM
a dawdle -we've just had 10 games in 30 days prior to the final:greengrin

Ginger Gehagan
16-03-2016, 10:36 PM
It was already 5 games in 16 days so not to much difference! Falkirk game will need to be played before the semi.

Borderhibbie76
16-03-2016, 10:38 PM
It was already 5 games in 16 days so not to much difference! Falkirk game will need to be played before the semi.
Cliff pike has just tweeted we face a fixture nightmare as no free midweek for Falkirk game to be played???

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hiber-nation
16-03-2016, 10:38 PM

I'd guess Tues 12 April.

hibee_girl
16-03-2016, 10:39 PM
Cliff pike has just tweeted we face a fixture nightmare as no free midweek for Falkirk game to be played???

We have the week the Falkirk game was meant to be played, it was meant to be Friday 15th but I'm guessing they'll push it back to to the Tuesday or Wednesday.

loanheadhibby
16-03-2016, 10:50 PM

Give me that any day of the week.

Think about out the puddle drinkers. Season over mid Feb and only excitement is hoping we get beat.

Borderhibbie76
16-03-2016, 10:52 PM
Give me that any day of the week.

Think about out the puddle drinkers. Season over mid Feb and only excitement is hoping we get beat.
Aw absolutely mate...great position to be in

Ginger Gehagan
16-03-2016, 11:04 PM
I'd guess Tues 12 April.

Hope so that's my birthday, no better way to spend it than at Easter Road under the light's. :thumbsup:

hibby6270
16-03-2016, 11:21 PM
9 games in April. Ouch!!

5 home league games
3 away league games
1 Scottish cup semi final

Looks like Falkirk game on 15th will have to move to Tues 12 or Wed 13, before the Semi on 16th. It's the only feasible option as all other midweek dates are taken. Unless Falkirk game is played Thurs of international week meaning St Mirren game on Sat 2nd moves to Sun 3rd. Then Livingston game on 5th would have to move to 6th.

But if a scheduling nightmare. Hope it doesn't take its toll on us.
Victims of our own success but a nice position to be in I guess.

cabbageandribs1875
17-03-2016, 12:04 AM
Meanwhile, Hibs or United could face three of their biggest-ever fixtures within a week, should either reach the Scottish Cup final and be involved in the Premiership play-offs.
United are currently bottom of the top flight, while Hibs are third in the Championship, with the second bottom Premiership side destined to play the final against the winner of a series of play-offs from the division below
The dates for the final will be changed should they feature a team in the cup final.
If that applies to either Hibs or Dundee United, the first leg of the play-off would be played on Tuesday 17 May, with the second leg on the 25th, four days after the Scottish Cup final.

hibbysam
17-03-2016, 01:30 AM
Meanwhile, Hibs or United could face three of their biggest-ever fixtures within a week, should either reach the Scottish Cup final and be involved in the Premiership play-offs.
United are currently bottom of the top flight, while Hibs are third in the Championship, with the second bottom Premiership side destined to play the final against the winner of a series of play-offs from the division below
The dates for the final will be changed should they feature a team in the cup final.
If that applies to either Hibs or Dundee United, the first leg of the play-off would be played on Tuesday 17 May, with the second leg on the 25th, four days after the Scottish Cup final.

That would be utter shambolic, having a play off final days after a Scottish cup final! The Scottish cup final should be the finale of the season...

Billy Whizz
17-03-2016, 01:32 AM
That would be utter shambolic, having a play off final days after a Scottish cup final! The Scottish cup final should be the finale of the season...

Not many other options unfortunately

Joe's ice cream
17-03-2016, 08:56 AM

Was it not going to be something similar last season if we had got past Falkirk in the Semi? I hope it is a fixture nightmare if it's ment we have beaten Dundee Utd to progress

hibbysam
17-03-2016, 09:22 AM
Not many other options unfortunately

They've had since June last year to sit around a table with the SFA and thrash out dates to get a sensible end to a season. If that meant when the dates came out that the Scottish Cup Final was one week later then so be it.

ekhibee
17-03-2016, 11:48 AM
They've had since June last year to sit around a table with the SFA and thrash out dates to get a sensible end to a season. If that meant when the dates came out that the Scottish Cup Final was one week later then so be it.
Quite right, it's almost as if they haven't considered the play-offs at all, but it is the SPFL we're talking about here.

Craigmount Hibs
18-03-2016, 04:12 PM
What's your source for this please? Stv report suggests both games would be after Scottish cup final.

Hiber-nation
18-03-2016, 04:37 PM
What's your source for this please? Stv report suggests both games would be after Scottish cup final.

On the BBC website. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35789007

Spike Mandela
18-03-2016, 04:44 PM

Conversely if The Rangers make the cup final they will have 3 weeks without a competitive game. Not sure which is worse.

Craigmount Hibs
18-03-2016, 05:09 PM
On the BBC website. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35789007
Cheers.

ekhibee
18-03-2016, 06:52 PM
And only 1 Sat home game in April too, 30/4/2016 v QOS.

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-03-2016, 08:29 PM

Yup that would have been sensible, however it's the date of the champions league final and no other game can now be played on the same day. Absolutely disgusting rule [emoji35]