PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Hibs.

Thecat23
16-03-2016, 09:00 PM
That was massive, when you have lost a cup final and have another cup game midweek not many teams would win it. That was a tremendous effort tonight.

I'm absolutely delighted for Stokes as well because he's had so much **** said about him, he's the man that's got us through. Lastly well done Stubbs 👏🏼👏🏼 You lifted these boys tonight and you deserve huge credit for it.

Makes this place a lot better after all the crap past few days.

Oh.... And that's another Prem team Hibs have papped out 👋🏼👋🏼

cammy1969
16-03-2016, 09:03 PM
If you want to be a big team and big players you have to man up after getting beat it big games and hibs and the players done that tonite. Well Alan Stubbs and the players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecat23
16-03-2016, 09:05 PM
If you want to be a big team and big players you have to man up after getting beat it big games and hibs and the players done that tonite. Well Alan Stubbs and the players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, we could have folded after Sunday instead we rolled up our socks and won the game.

stantonhibby
16-03-2016, 09:06 PM
That was massive, when you have lost a cup final and have another cup game midweek not many teams would win it. That was a tremendous effort tonight.

I'm absolutely delighted for Stokes as well because he's had so much **** said about him, he's the man that's got us through. Lastly well done Stubbs 👏🏼👏🏼 You lifted these boys tonight and you deserve huge credit for it.

Oh.... And that's another Prem team Hibs have papped out 👋🏼👋🏼

Spot on

Gatecrasher
16-03-2016, 09:07 PM

I'm absolutely delighted for Stokes as well because he's had so much **** said about him, he's the man that's got us through. Lastly well done Stubbs  You lifted these boys tonight and you deserve huge credit for it.

Oh.... And that's another Prem team Hibs have papped out 

:agree: great to see the team bounce back so well.

emerald green
16-03-2016, 09:07 PM
Great result especially when many, including me, thought they would lose tonight.

Why couldn't they have got a result like this on Sunday?:brickwall

Libby Hibby
16-03-2016, 09:08 PM
Loads of people were willing on Hibs to get beat tonight...Well done for sticking it right up them Hibs

staunchhibby
16-03-2016, 09:09 PM
Well done boys.

superfurryhibby
16-03-2016, 09:09 PM
True character shown tonight. Looking forward to the semi. Congrats to all the players and the manager. Keep it up!

Hi Heid Yin
16-03-2016, 09:10 PM
A fantastic effort and result so soon after a devastating cup final loss. Real grit and determination shown by all. Well done Stubbsy, everyone who sweated blood for the cause and special mention to Anthony Stokes! And for those Hibbies who witnessed it and made it all the way up there, a huge pat on the back.:flag:

16-03-2016, 09:12 PM
Well done tonight Hibs, showing some character to bounce back. Hampden here we come again, dear God!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

HibbiesandtheBaddies
#BounceBackAbility... :agree:

Green Man
Definitely held our bottle tonight. Well done lads, a brilliant recovery after Sunday.

inglisavhibs
16-03-2016, 09:13 PM
Correct, we could have folded after Sunday instead we rolled up our socks and won the game.

Absolutely delighted for the players and management team. To all the moaners, maybe a wee lesson that we should support all the players and leave the press and Hearts fans to criticize us. The time to take stock is when the season is over.

Cheshire Hibby
16-03-2016, 09:13 PM
A fantastic effort and result so soon after a devastating cup final loss. Real grit and determination shown by all. Well done Stubbsy, everyone who sweated blood for the cause and special mention to Anthony Stokes! And for those Hibbies who witnessed it and made it all the way up there, a huge pat on the back.:flag:

Great response after Sunday. Well done to the Hibbies who travelled up - you sounded great on the BBC commentary.

Pretty Boy
16-03-2016, 09:14 PM
That's how you recover from a big setback at the final hurdle a few days before. Lesser clubs would have lost by about 3 goals in their next big game.

Well done Hibs, you certainly didn't Hearts it tonight.

Sammy7nil
16-03-2016, 09:15 PM
Well done I did not think u could win I still £5 on stokes first goal and £15 on Ht Ft :greengrin:aok:

Hibee_Craig7062
16-03-2016, 09:16 PM
Well done boys. Delighted for the team but especially stokes as I feel he has taken a lot of stick and most of it undeserved just cos he isn't banging in a hat trick every game!

jacomo
16-03-2016, 09:16 PM
Well done Hibs. The only way to react to disappointment is pick yourself up and go again.

Special mention to Stubbs (cos he's the gaffer and the one who needed to get the team focused tonight) and Stokes for scoring the 2 goals that won us the game.

It's been a tough few weeks, losing the LC Final and any hope of the title. But the SC has saved us!

hibby6270
16-03-2016, 09:20 PM
Disappointed as I was on Sunday, made no comments on the forum because the team were better on the day. Two errors beat us on Sunday, not Ross County.

Tonight showed we have got bottle and loads of it. Let's take this forward for rest of League season.

The Cup Semi Final will take care of itself.

Pride has returned to Easter Road again. Well done to all the team. GGTTH

Swedish hibee
The last 10 minutes there I had pure sweats listening to that.. I nearly threw my laptop oot the window. I tell you what being a Hibs fan is mentally tough, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Well done boys- Hampden here we come again!!!! :gwa::flag::flag::flag:

The Spaceman
Really pleased for the boys :aok: important to put that cup final drama to bed and focus on other (bigger!) things. Interesting that Stokes scored a double, I was in the drop him camp before tonights game! Well done the Hibees!

offshorehibby
16-03-2016, 09:21 PM
Great result, so proud, don't know how good or bad they played but that was a GREAT RESULT:flag:

FranckSuzy
Great stuff Hibs! Can you get a CTU for Hampden? :tee hee:

Another positive from tonight are the posters who are conspicuous by their absence. Hibsed it, right enough :faf:

Hibeewilly
Stokes was brilliant tonight as were the whole team. Policeman told us there were 1200 of us there tonight. Brilliant effort and terrific display. Stokesy has got his fitness back now he will be some player for us in the run in

Gogs07
A great result tonight and we'll done to all Hibbies that travelled, who were heard loud and clear on the tranny.:scarf:

Fergos
Persevere.

Well done the Hibs.

GGTTH.

Wee Effen Bee
16-03-2016, 09:22 PM
I think this is one of the results of the Scottish football season so far TBH. Beaten on Sunday, in an emotionally charged cup final, then defeating yet another premier league team away on the Wednesday in 'The Scottish!' Think we have done enough to show that the tag can be binned once and for all.:aok:

Giro Playboy
16-03-2016, 09:23 PM
Magic result. I didn't think they had it in them

doddsy
16-03-2016, 09:24 PM
Got to hand it to all the lads tonight. Not only to all the boys out there on the pitch who were fantastic but to everyone from the backroom staff and management to the subs and kitman, everyone at the club seems to be pulling together. Going up to Inverness and winning after the disappointment on Sunday is a fantastic club achievement. And of course to the loyal fans who made the long trip to cheer on the team.

Well done to all :not worth :gwa:

Andy74
16-03-2016, 09:25 PM
Two games from Europe.

NorthHibees
16-03-2016, 09:25 PM
Well Done Hibs. Fantastic result especially after Sunday.

marinello59
16-03-2016, 09:28 PM
Magic result. I didn't think they had it in them

I did. The story this season has been that character that has been lacking in the past is here in spades. This team really does play for the jersey and that's down to Stubbs. He is still learning, delighted for him tonight.

Thecat23
16-03-2016, 09:29 PM
I did. The storyboards season has been that character that has been lacking on the past is here in spades. This team really does play for the jersey and that's down to Stubbs. He is still learning, delighted for him tonight.

Bang on.

Northernhibee
16-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Two games from Europe.

Two games from becoming the most iconic Hibernian team of all time. If we were to win it then Stubbs should get a stand named after him.

fulshie
16-03-2016, 09:34 PM
Brilliant! A lift the whole club needed. :flag:

rotherhamrob
16-03-2016, 09:34 PM
Absolutely chuffed to bits for the team and fans.
Great character shown after Sundays disappointment,here's hoping we carry this form on to the league and regain 2nd place.

surreyhibbie
16-03-2016, 09:36 PM
I did. The story this season has been that character that has been lacking in the past is here in spades. This team really does play for the jersey and that's down to Stubbs. He is still learning, delighted for him tonight.

Well said John. :wink::thumbsup:

Lancs Harp
16-03-2016, 09:38 PM
Great result tonight, to pick yourselves up like that a few days after losing a cup final takes some doing.

Well done Stubbsy and the boys,

If as reported on a previous post we had over 1000 there, that is a truly top effort.

Lago
16-03-2016, 09:40 PM
:top marks
Well done boys. Delighted for the team but especially stokes as I feel he has taken a lot of stick and most of it undeserved just cos he isn't banging in a hat trick every game!

rodhibs55
16-03-2016, 09:40 PM
Disappointed as I was on Sunday, made no comments on the forum because the team were better on the day. Two errors beat us on Sunday, not Ross County.

Tonight showed we have got bottle and loads of it. Let's take this forward for rest of League season.

The Cup Semi Final will take care of itself.

Pride has returned to Easter Road again. Well done to all the team. GGTTH

Great post similar thoughts as myself. I am currently in Germany following this through . net. Absolutely delighted with the result, let's hope everyone gets back behind the team again after all our disappointment from sun.
Onwards and upwards.
Being a hibs supporter is sometimes not easy, definitely a rollercoaster, but the ride is unbeatable.
GGTTH

The Green Goblin
16-03-2016, 09:42 PM

I'm absolutely delighted for Stokes as well because he's had so much **** said about him, he's the man that's got us through. Lastly well done Stubbs  You lifted these boys tonight and you deserve huge credit for it.

Absolutely! What a result to bounce back. Inverness is not an easy place to go either. Terrific result, another trip to Hampden and a huge and much needed psychological boost. Well done to the players, the fans who made the trip, and Stubbs. :agree:

matty_f
16-03-2016, 09:42 PM
It's the hope that kills you...

'Mon the Hibs. Great result, unbelievable mental strength to come back from what was a crushing defeat on Sunday.

Superb. Thanks Hibees!

DaveF
16-03-2016, 09:46 PM
It's the hope that kills you...

Ain't that the truth.

Delighted we won, dreading another trip to Hampden but it has to be done.

I've been quite scathing of Stubbs the last few days so he's shut me well and truly up tonight, as I honestly didn't think the team would win that after Sunday. They have more belief and resolve than I so well done.

Just keep it going as this season isn't over by a long shot.

The Green Goblin
16-03-2016, 09:46 PM
Two games from becoming the most iconic Hibernian team of all time. If we were to win it then Stubbs should get a stand named after him.

Or they could name the bits of the match tickets that you get handed back to you after him......no, wait....:greengrin

but seriously, I agree with you there. I know that promotion is all important, but if that team won the SC, they would gain instant legendary status for all time. :agree:

Onion
16-03-2016, 09:49 PM
By anyone's standards that's an impressive win for Hibs tonight, coming off that cruel loss on Sunday. Well done lads. Well done Stubbs. Well done Stokes, hopefully start of many more to come. Semi-final is very winnable. Then, a shot at immortality.

Northernhibee
16-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Or they could name the bits of the match tickets that you get handed back to you after him......no, wait....:greengrin

but seriously, I agree with you there. I know that promotion is all important, but if that team won the SC, they would gain instant legendary status for all time. :agree:

Come and get your commemorative ticket Alans? :hyper

zlatan
16-03-2016, 10:11 PM
Strange feeling tonight, naturally delighted to win but I'm really struggling to feel in anyway enthused about Hampden again. Appreciate that might make me a bit of a weirdo.

Thecat23
16-03-2016, 10:15 PM
Strange feeling tonight, naturally delighted to win but I'm really struggling to feel in anyway enthused about Hampden again. Appreciate that might make me a bit of a weirdo.

To lose the fear of Hampden is to get back to Hampden quickly! Remember someone saying something similar once 😁

zlatan
16-03-2016, 10:18 PM
To lose the fear of Hampden is to get back to Hampden quickly! Remember someone saying something similar once 

We're there near enough every year though. Sunday broke me the same way Dunfermline in 2007 did, need a week or two to recover then I'm sure excitement will kick in.

Booked4Being-Ugly
16-03-2016, 10:19 PM
Well done Stokes and Hibs.

I'm ashamed to say I had written us off after Sunday but so glad we've bounced back.
:hibees

The Harp
16-03-2016, 10:21 PM
Fasten yer seat belts, we're in for another bumpy ride aboard the Hibees rollercoaster. When will it come to a halt? Who knows?
Well done to all tonight, players, coaching staff and fans - a great effort by all.

Giro Playboy
16-03-2016, 10:23 PM
We have had a month of hell cumulating in last Sundays final. We have bounced back in the best possible way now lets kick on and carry this spirit right through to the play offs. And if we reach another final then all the better

Bishop Hibee
16-03-2016, 10:25 PM
What happened to the old days when there was nothing to play for by mid March😉

Great result and well done to Stubbs for giving 10 out of 11 cup final players the chance to go some way to making amends when lesser mortals like me would have made a few more changes 👏

matty_f
16-03-2016, 10:27 PM
Ain't that the truth.

Delighted we won, dreading another trip to Hampden but it has to be done.

I've been quite scathing of Stubbs the last few days so he's shut me well and truly up tonight, as I honestly didn't think the team would win that after Sunday. They have more belief and resolve than I so well done.

Just keep it going as this season isn't over by a long shot.

Same here, to be honest. I couldn't get excited about tonight's game until it started, and fully expected a miserable night.

Really pleased and hugely impressed with the players with how they responded tonight.

Eyrie
16-03-2016, 10:50 PM
I've been critical of Stubbs (again) over the last few days but both he and the players did us proud tonight.

Schteff
16-03-2016, 10:53 PM
Great to get back to winning ways

greenlex
17-03-2016, 02:38 AM
We have had a month of hell cumulating in last Sundays final. We have bounced back in the best possible way now lets kick on and carry this spirit right through to the play offs. And if we reach another final then all the better

Month of hell? No we haven't. We had a week of hell and afinal defeat where we were the better side a couple of weeks later. Negative as usual even when your trying to be positive!!!!

Hibby Gav
17-03-2016, 04:30 AM

Bang on !

GGTTH

Schteff
17-03-2016, 05:21 AM
Month of hell? No we haven't. We had a week of hell and afinal defeat where we were the better side a couple of weeks later. Negative as usual even when your trying to be positive!!!!

He's right. Getting beat from Morton, Dumbarton, QOTS & losing a cup final...

Pretty hellish no?!

greenlex
17-03-2016, 05:37 AM
He's right. Getting beat from Morton, Dumbarton, QOTS & losing a cup final...

Pretty hellish no?!

The three league defeats were in the space of 6 days and the last one actually in this month. Hellish for sure Hardly a hellish month.. Exaggerating the negative IMO.

Onion
17-03-2016, 05:46 AM
Great result at a very difficult venue, and so typically Hibs :greengrin

Our cup record (LC & SC) over the last 4 or 5 years has been amazing.

MickeyEdwards
17-03-2016, 05:52 AM

Exactly!

I listened to the game on Radio Scotland last night and, apart from the frantic last 15 minutes after Caley scored, it sounded like Hibs totally deserved the victory!

Yogi said as much in his post match interview!

GGTTH

eastcoasthibby
17-03-2016, 06:00 AM
Great result at a horrible and testing venue, what a crackingresponse from players and team management, well done is an understatement I think.
Every game is a cup final in the league now let's hope that result kicks us on again.
GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
17-03-2016, 07:47 AM
I flew back from holiday while the game was on, and to be honest i never expected us to win. I thought we'd get pumped and could not put a reasonable argument for a win.

My delight when we landed and turned my phone on was obvious to the folk near me on that plane. :thumbsup:

Well done Hibs. :top marks

Super_JMcGinn
17-03-2016, 08:02 AM
I flew back from holiday while the game was on, and to be honest i never expected us to win. I thought we'd get pumped and could not put a reasonable argument for a win.

My delight when we landed and turned my phone on was obvious to the folk near me on that plane. :thumbsup:

Well done Hibs. :top marks
I never epected us to win either, and wouldn't have been too disappointed if we had lost to be honest, or so I thought, I was dancing around the room with my family when we won and my son had to remind me what I had said pre match lol.
Well done Hibs and here we go on that roller coaster Hamdump ride all over again.

GreenCastle
17-03-2016, 09:52 AM
Like many Sunday's final was disappointing but not end of the world stuff..

Last night showed real character and I give massive credit to the players and staff for bouncing back and earning another trip to Hampden.

We give ourselves a very good opportunity to progress against a team we have already beaten though have improved recently.

The financial side reward can't be overlooked also - especially with the old firm playing in the other semi final.

We may not get 30,000 at the semi final but there will be a hardcore support there and I can't wait for it. :thumbsup:

Thecat23
17-03-2016, 10:07 AM
I honestly couldn't see anything bar a win last night. ICT are honking and we aren't a bad side. Our record against the teams above us is good too (apart from Sunday) so I was expecting a win.

Posted it yesterday as well we would win. I honestly think many folk jumped the gun with the digs at the team. There was honest criticism though from many posters but it only takes one to say something negative and it seems loads then pile in.

Still fancy us to go up and I still think we'll make the final.

🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

The Green Goblin
17-03-2016, 02:44 PM
Come and get your commemorative ticket Alans? :hyper

:tee hee:

Itsnoteasy
17-03-2016, 03:17 PM
Like many Sunday's final was disappointing but not end of the world stuff..

Last night showed real character and I give massive credit to the players and staff for bouncing back and earning another trip to Hampden.

We give ourselves a very good opportunity to progress against a team we have already beaten though have improved recently.

The financial side reward can't be overlooked also - especially with the old firm playing in the other semi final.

We may not get 30,000 at the semi final but there will be a hardcore support there and I can't wait for it. :thumbsup:

Your spot on about the crowd. But the duvet huggers will be moaning when they can't get a ticket for the final. " If we get there"

CropleyWasGod
17-03-2016, 03:26 PM
Your spot on about the crowd. But the duvet huggers will be moaning when they can't get a ticket for the final. " If we get there"

Is this the same as "the day trippers"?

I need to know....

GreenCastle
17-03-2016, 03:28 PM

Always a gamble but I would do buy a ticket for the semi final and get priority for final.

Would save hassle for the final as the final the club will get max 22,000.

Surely we would then shift 22,000 + ?

JimBHibees
17-03-2016, 03:30 PM

Great response to the disappointment of the final. Let's get to another one. Hugely important financially with the 4 semi finalists splitting the proceeds I think.

Lago
17-03-2016, 03:30 PM
If Hibs get to the final there won't be the same number of tickets available as it will be either celtic or rangers, but may cut out some of the less desirable element of the hibs support.

CropleyWasGod
17-03-2016, 03:32 PM
Always a gamble but I would do buy a ticket for the semi final and get priority for final.

Would save hassle for the final as the final the club will get max 22,000.

Surely we would then shift 22,000 + ?

You couldn't do that without knowing what the allocation was for the final.

GreenCastle
17-03-2016, 03:35 PM
You couldn't do that without knowing what the allocation was for the final.

Last time we got just over 20,000 in 2013. Would imagine it being the same IF we beat Utd.

CropleyWasGod
17-03-2016, 03:37 PM
Last time we got just over 20,000 in 2013. Would imagine it being the same IF we beat Utd.

... so , if there was your scheme of "buy a SF ticket, guarantee a final ticket", you would therefore have to restrict our semi-tickets to 20k.

The SFA and the other 3 clubs wouldn't agree to that.

JimBHibees
17-03-2016, 03:48 PM

Agree totally, month of hell my ass.