PDA

View Full Version : Oxley's booking

Northernhibee
16-03-2016, 09:43 PM
He was clearly struggling from impaired vision after a head knock, to book him when he's clearly struggling is an absolute joke. Ref should have allowed physio back onto field of play and added the time on at the end - now we're left with a 21 year old for the semi final. Absolute joke from the ref, especially after a blow to the head and complaints over his vision.

Vini1875
16-03-2016, 09:47 PM
Agreed, but without wanting to sound harsh many people have been calling for Oxley to be dropped. Fate might just force AS to do it sooner to give the young some game time.

Green&White
16-03-2016, 09:49 PM
Does not surprise me in the slightest with the standard of referring we have in Scotland. Always find a new way to utterly bemuse everyone

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Mikey09
Scottish ref in howler shocker... No surprise there. Would Craig Gordon be booked like that?! Nae chance!!

marleyhib
Can we sign an emergency keeper? budgie?

DeLaGaff
16-03-2016, 09:51 PM
He was clearly struggling from impaired vision after a head knock, to book him when he's clearly struggling is an absolute joke. Ref should have allowed physio back onto field of play and added the time on at the end - now we're left with a 21 year old for the semi final. Absolute joke from the ref, especially after a blow to the head and complaints over his vision.

Not an Oxley hater like some, but he's had it coming to him all season. Got to be one of the worse time-wasters that I've witnessed. Another example where the ref gets blamed instead of the unsportsmanlike behaviour of players

Andy.1875
16-03-2016, 09:51 PM
Didn't sound like he had a great ga0me as sub.

Godsahibby
16-03-2016, 09:52 PM
All season he has wasted time when there was no need, picked up a good few bookings for it. Not surprising that a ref books him again for what he thinks is time wasting. Only has himself to blame.

hibee_girl
16-03-2016, 09:53 PM
Not an Oxley hater like some, but he's had it coming to him all season. Got to be one of the worse time-wasters that I've witnessed. Another example where the ref gets blamed instead of the unsportsmanlike behaviour of players

Exactly, everyone says it's fine when he time wastes, he's entitled to do it etc etc but now it's caught up with him and he misses our semi final. Only himself to blame.

Sammy7nil
16-03-2016, 09:53 PM

Yip the worst time waster I have :agree:

BoomtownHibees
16-03-2016, 09:54 PM
He lost his contact lense

Pretty Boy
16-03-2016, 09:54 PM
Should have been subbed before it became an issue. He was clearly struggling and whilst he would obviously want to play on the decision should have been made for him.

In saying that it was a piss poor refereeing decision to book him though. It was obvious to anyone, except the ref clearly, that he was struggling.

Tbh I'm not too worried about a 21 year old taking the gloves for the semi considering he has nearly 100 1st team appearances under his belt whilst Oxley is not long 25 and has only just over 100 appearances. It's not like we are losing a vastly experienced keeper for a total rookie.

S4uzee
16-03-2016, 09:55 PM

What did he do?

hibee_girl
16-03-2016, 09:55 PM
Stubbs not happy with the ref, he's saying Oxley lost his contact lens.

Richard Gordon basically saying he's a liar.

Pretty Boy
16-03-2016, 09:56 PM

He was injured.

Sammy7nil
16-03-2016, 09:56 PM
It is offical Richard Gordon said Oxley was at it so must be Correct hehad however lost a lens

Danderhall Hibs
16-03-2016, 09:57 PM
Stubbs not happy with the ref, he's saying Oxley lost his contact lens.

Richard Gordon basically saying he's a liar.

Not quite a liar. Just said that Oxley was wasting time not that he didn't lose his lens!

Pretty Boy
16-03-2016, 09:57 PM
It is offical Richard Gordon said Oxley was at it so much be Correct

So Gordon is claiming a player was so 'at it' they allowed themselves to be subbed to continue the charade?

Pish.

hibee_girl
16-03-2016, 09:58 PM
Not quite a liar. Just said that Oxley was wasting time not that he didn't lose his lens!

He said he was at it, that means he's saying he wasn't being truthful.

magnificent_seven
16-03-2016, 09:59 PM
Richard Gordon is a big diddy

SkintHibby
Every guy on the radio said Oxley was "at it". Sorry folks but I agree. Oxley is at it all the time and it is boring. He never makes fantastic saves and gets through games by his defence saving him.

Gmack7
He'll be available for selection for the final

Danderhall Hibs
He said he was at it, that means he's saying he wasn't being truthful.

Sorry I must've misheard - I didn't realise he said Stubbs was at it, I thought e was talking about Oxley.

Mikey09
16-03-2016, 10:00 PM
Richard Gordon basically calling Stubbs a liar. Erse of a man. He'd be having ****in kittens if it was his beloved Aberdeen.

hibee_girl
16-03-2016, 10:00 PM
Sorry I must've misheard - I didn't realise he said Stubbs was at it, I thought e was talking about Oxley.

I meant Gordon was saying Oxley was a liar, not Stubbs.

Confused yet? :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
16-03-2016, 10:01 PM
So Gordon is claiming a player was so 'at it' they allowed themselves to be subbed to continue the charade?

Pish.

I think they all agreed (including Paterson) that Oxley was time wasting and made a meal of coming off/staying on. If he was struggling he should've went down - not wander about the box taking ages to take the by kick.

Mikey09
16-03-2016, 10:01 PM

Pish.

Exactly.

Pretty Boy
16-03-2016, 10:02 PM
Every guy on the radio said Oxley was "at it". Sorry folks but I agree. Oxley is at it all the time and it is boring. He never makes fantastic saves and gets through games by his defence saving him.

So are you suggesting he asked to be subbed just to continue the charade of injury/a vision problem?

Surely that's the only way he could be 'at it' tonight? Otherwise it's one of the most unprofessional thing I've ever seen on a football park.

Danderhall Hibs
I meant Gordon was saying Oxley was a liar, not Stubbs.

Confused yet? :greengrin

Completely :greengrin

SkintHibby
The guys on the commentary were fair about Hibs. Anything else is paranoia.

Danderhall Hibs
16-03-2016, 10:04 PM
So are you suggesting he asked to be subbed just to continue the charade of injury/a vision problem?

Surely that's the only way he could be 'at it' tonight? Otherwise it's one of the most unprofessional thing I've ever seen on a football park.

It would've been more unprofessional to stay on when you can't see?

HibeeEmma
16-03-2016, 10:05 PM
Can you appeal against yellow cards?

MartinfaePorty
Interviewer's gas put at a peep when his first question to Yogi that was framed for him to say ICT deserved at least a draw was thrown back at him! Well done big man!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
I think they all agreed (including Paterson) that Oxley was time wasting and made a meal of coming off/staying on. If he was struggling he should've went down - not wander about the box taking ages to take the by kick.

He should have went off 1st time he went down and the physio came on I agree.

However once the decision was made to take him off it still took time, as it always does, for the sub to get stripped and ready to come on so that added far more time than Oxley 'wasted' anyway.

Danderhall Hibs

Only for mistaken identity and something else that I can't quite remember just now. :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
The guys on the commentary were fair about Hibs. Anything else is paranoia.

Eh ? I was of the understanding that everyone at the BBC was anti Hibs.

Pretty Boy
16-03-2016, 10:06 PM
It would've been more unprofessional to stay on when you can't see?

Which is my point. He was struggling so he went off.

The poster I quoted said Oxley is always 'at it'.

Danderhall Hibs
16-03-2016, 10:09 PM
Which is my point. He was struggling so he went off.

The poster I quoted said Oxley is always 'at it'.

:aok: I don't think I'm arguing with you. Certainly not intentionally.

SkintHibby
16-03-2016, 10:10 PM
Eh ? I was of the understanding that everyone at the BBC was anti Hibs.

Having a mate from Garden City in Stoneyburn, I am just glad I don't live there! ;-)

liamh2202
16-03-2016, 10:17 PM

Only simulation or mistaken identity

Eyrie
16-03-2016, 11:36 PM
Only simulation or mistaken identity

So we can appeal because he was booked for simulating injury to waste time, only to then have to go off injured which proved he wasn't wasting time.

However Stubbs will need to give Virtanen a league game before the semi to get him ready because the SFA won't listen to reason.

liamh2202
16-03-2016, 11:37 PM
So we can appeal because he was booked for simulating injury to waste time, only to then have to go off injured which proved he wasn't wasting time.

I said this earlier lol... Doubt it will be an option though

SloopJB
16-03-2016, 11:55 PM
Surely if a player is deemed to be wasting time, the ref adds that time onto the 90 minutes therefore the time isn't really wasted.
so why book the player?
Or, why play added time if a player has been booked?
If it's unsporting behaviour then every player who claims a throw in when he has knocked the ball out should get booked, or when a dead ball is taken away from the incident.
or.....

that was a waste of time....

J-C
17-03-2016, 12:03 AM
Does anyone know how many yellows Oxley has been given this season, must be the highest for any goalie in Scotland.

The Sundance Kid
17-03-2016, 12:28 AM
Does anyone know how many yellows Oxley has been given this season, must be the highest for any goalie in Scotland.

Surprisingly tonight's was only his third booking of the season

Shrekko
17-03-2016, 12:35 AM
Surprisingly tonight's was only his third booking of the season

Goalies get away with murder when it comes to time wasting. I really wish he didn't do it so blatantly, so often. It's the most frustrating thing in football- guys that have trained hard for a lifetime to play football doing everything they can not to play football. It backfires so often as well.

heid the baw
17-03-2016, 12:57 AM

Milan play a 16 year old in Serie A games and derbies...

CallumHibs07
17-03-2016, 01:07 AM

pish

AndyB_70
17-03-2016, 01:22 AM
He was at it as he normally does. He may have lost a contact but the amount of time he took and then he tried to signal the ref.

Libby Hibby
17-03-2016, 06:17 AM
Only for mistaken identity and something else that I can't quite remember just now. :greengrin

And simulation. Could Hibs not appeal on the grounds that the ref booked him for simulating a problem to his eye? When actually he did have a problem.

hibee
17-03-2016, 06:47 AM
Thought Stubbs comment was amusing

"If the referee knows he needs a contact lens then he knows he is not time wasting. He is blind enough with them in!"

Geo_1875
17-03-2016, 07:23 AM
So Oxley is out of the semi-final, unless we make a successful appeal.

Are any of the others booked last night out?

Who is carrying yellows in the semi and could possibly miss the final if we get through?

RoxburghHibs
17-03-2016, 07:29 AM
Is McGregor also banned for the semi final? The BBC website doesn't show him getting a yellow card last night but I'm sure the radio commentators said this.

hibeesjoe
17-03-2016, 07:44 AM
Is McGregor also banned for the semi final? The BBC website doesn't show him getting a yellow card last night but I'm sure the radio commentators said this.

Yeah I'm sure I heard on the radio he got a yellow card for pulling a player down and would miss the semi.

It's a sore one for Oxley, maybe he was hard done by last night, but if he never time wasted in the hearts game he wouldn't be missing the semi final. He's a terrible time waster

BoomtownHibees
17-03-2016, 07:48 AM

Can't remember Darren getting booked but Keatings did which I think rules him out of the semi

number9dream
17-03-2016, 08:00 AM
Commentary definitely highlighted McGregor missing the semi but no sign of a yellow on BBC or Soccerbase (think Opta supply stats to everyone).
I don't wear contacts but should players not just carry a spare set? Doesn't take long to pop one in does it?

SeanWilson
17-03-2016, 08:03 AM

No, he was not booked last night. Read on here that commentary was saying he was booked when in fact Keatings was for a pull.

Geo_1875
17-03-2016, 08:04 AM
Yeah I'm sure I heard on the radio he got a yellow card for pulling a player down and would miss the semi.

It's a sore one for Oxley, maybe he was hard done by last night, but if he never time wasted in the hearts game he wouldn't be missing the semi final. He's a terrible time waster

I don't think he's a deliberate timewaster, just very slow and methodical when taking goal kicks.

He's certainly not as bad as some of the Championship players who start timewasting from the kick-off, particularly at Easter Road.

If referees paid as much attention to them we'd probably have a few more points on the board.

RoxburghHibs
17-03-2016, 08:13 AM
No, he was not booked last night. Read on here that commentary was saying he was booked when in fact Keatings was for a pull.

So that's good news as thought Keatings, Oxley and McGregor were all out.

So it looks like Oxley and Keatings will be out but on the plus side we should have Fyvie and Dylan back (maybe even Hanlon).

:flag:

MichelleHibs
17-03-2016, 08:20 AM
If it was a contact lens loss then am I the only one asking why hibs didn't have spares lenses for him?!

Dublin07
17-03-2016, 08:24 AM
Maybe they did have Michelle but it would probably have taken a while to get them and then put them in. Would have resulted in a lengthy delay.
Don't know if you are old enough to remember him Leighton having to go off in a Scotland game for the same thing.

Scottie
17-03-2016, 08:28 AM
If it was a contact lens loss then am I the only one asking why hibs didn't have spares lenses for him?!
Eye see what your getting at.

MichelleHibs
17-03-2016, 08:29 AM
I get what your saying but surely it's the same as getting time to change boots gloves etc?!

Danderhall Hibs
17-03-2016, 08:52 AM

He couldn't put it in with those big boxing gloves he's been wearing.

superfurryhibby
17-03-2016, 10:00 AM
From one of the photos of the Ox on the BBC Scotland site looks like he took a right sore one to the left arm. Big ice pack on a fairly large and nasty looking injury between the elbow and the inside upper arm. It wasn't there in the photos of him earlier in the game , so assume it was sustained later in the match.

SunshineOnLeith
17-03-2016, 10:01 AM
I get what your saying but surely it's the same as getting time to change boots gloves etc?!

Suppose it depends if the lens actually came out of his eye or was just knocked off centre. If the latter, putting another one in would be very uncomfortable and I doubt anyone could concentrate on playing in goals at the end of a crucial cup tie with that feeling!

Geo_1875
17-03-2016, 10:14 AM
Suppose it depends if the lens actually came out of his eye or was just knocked off centre. If the latter, putting another one in would be very uncomfortable and I doubt anyone could concentrate on playing in goals at the end of a crucial cup tie with that feeling!

As stated, a goalkeeper couldn't replace his own contact lens with gloves on. Normally a member of the backroom staff would do that for him. Firstly they would have to confirm that the lens has actually come out rather than slid up behind the eyelid (this is very common). They then need to identify the correct lenses (often they'll be holding spares for a number of players) before placing them on the keepers eye. This needs to be done with a sterilised hand or a clean glove as a dirty lens is worse than none at all.

If Oxley notified the referee that he had lost or was having problems with a lens he should be given the same consideration that an injured goalkeeper is given nowadays, i.e. play is stopped even if no foul has been awarded, the player is treated on the park, and if necessary can be substituted before play is restarted.

But no, the goalkeeper plays for Hibs so the referee books him.

NAE NOOKIE
17-03-2016, 12:03 PM

Chatting up lassies when there's a game on ........ Stubbs should kick his erse :grr:

erin go bragh
17-03-2016, 02:12 PM

He didnt lose a goal tbf.

GGTTH

Danderhall Hibs
17-03-2016, 02:46 PM
He didnt lose a goal tbf.

GGTTH

Since when did that matter?

staunchhibby
17-03-2016, 03:44 PM
Maybe this is the wake up call Oxley needs.He can frustrate us with his time wasting.

MWHIBBIES
17-03-2016, 04:53 PM
He can get booked 100 times if it helps us win, keep it up Mark.

AlbertK86
17-03-2016, 06:37 PM
Just watched the highlights on BBC.

He clearly signals that he has an issue by pointing to his eye but the ref books him from about 40 yards away.

Hope the club make an issue of this.

Shininess got a yellow overturned by the ref admitting he made a mistake. The club should ask the SFA to get the ref to view the BBC footage.

Has to be worth a try

Onion
17-03-2016, 06:45 PM
Just watched the highlights on BBC.

He clearly signals that he has an issue by pointing to his eye but the ref books him from about 40 yards away.

Hope the club make an issue of this.

Shininess got a yellow overturned by the ref admitting he made a mistake. The club should ask the SFA to get the ref to view the BBC footage.

Has to be worth a try

:top marks we've been on the end of some ridiculous decisions this season, but this one caps them all. All the ref needs to do is add time on (which he did anyway) and have a dialogue with the player or captain to find out what the issue was. How did the ref not know that a coin or object had not been thrown and struck Oxley ?? What did the ref actually think Oxley was doing, standing there pointing at his eye ?

Hibs need to push hard to get it overturned.

JimBHibees
17-03-2016, 06:57 PM
Which other cup tie did Keatings get booked in, can't remember it.

Billy Whizz
17-03-2016, 07:03 PM
Which other cup tie did Keatings get booked in, can't remember it.

1st game against Inverness

JimBHibees
17-03-2016, 07:48 PM
1st game against Inverness

Still cant remember it. :greengrin Really ironic when the ref in that game let off 3 or 4 of their players with bookable offences.

hibbysam
17-03-2016, 08:03 PM
Still cant remember it. :greengrin Really ironic when the ref in that game let off 3 or 4 of their players with bookable offences.

He was booked for diving on the edge of the box. Last nights one was equally baffling, after letting there boy boot David gray in the stomach area, and also take out Marv as he strode forward towards their defence, Keatings looked very innocuous.

Northernhibee
17-03-2016, 08:11 PM
Watching that again, Ox gets a sore one on his leg which he asks the ref why a foul wasn't given, he adjusts his shin pad which needs to be in the right place for safety and clearly is signalling that he has a problem with his eye. The ref couldn't have missed that something was awry, the club needs to raise merry hell about this one. Disgrace.

eastterrace
17-03-2016, 08:13 PM
Watching that again, Ox gets a sore one on his leg which he asks the ref why a foul wasn't given, he adjusts his shin pad which needs to be in the right place for safety and clearly is signalling that he has a problem with his eye. The ref couldn't have missed that something was awry, the club needs to raise merry hell about this one. Disgrace. he dodgy at best so maybe this is a blessing in disguise . Seen highlights of the game and Inverness goal piss poor goalkeeping no attempt to try and save it.

Northernhibee
17-03-2016, 08:15 PM
he dodgy at best so maybe this is a blessing in disguise . Seen highlights of the game and Inverness goal piss poor goalkeeping no attempt to try and save it.

:rolleyes:

marinello59
17-03-2016, 08:15 PM
he dodgy at best so maybe this is a blessing in disguise . Seen highlights of the game and Inverness goal piss poor goalkeeping no attempt to try and save it.

Rubbish. Complete and utter rubbish. Fair comment is one thing, this is something else all together.

Northernhibee
17-03-2016, 08:17 PM
Rubbish. Complete and utter rubbish. Fair comment is one thing, this is something else all together.

Should get eastterrace in goals, I'm sure that he's got superhuman powers of reaction to save goals fired in at point blank range.

eastterrace
17-03-2016, 08:18 PM
Rubbish. Complete and utter rubbish. Fair comment is one thing, this is something else all together. have a look at his attempt to save .and tell me what he does to keep it out

eastterrace
17-03-2016, 08:19 PM
Should get eastterrace in goals, I'm sure that he's got superhuman powers of reaction to save goals fired in at point blank range. doesn't have to be superman to try and save it , done nothing but stand there.

Jonnyboy
17-03-2016, 08:19 PM
have a look at his attempt to save .and tell me what he does to keep it out

The guy that scores it is a yard out. What do you expect Oxley to have done? If he'd have made an 'attempt' he'd have been diving after the ball was in the net and you'd be along telling us how pathetic that 'attempt' was

eastterrace
17-03-2016, 08:21 PM
The guy that scores it is a yard out. What do you expect Oxley to have done? If he'd have made an 'attempt' he'd have been diving after the ball was in the net and you'd be along telling us how pathetic that 'attempt' was don't think he is a yard out slightly more but he just stands there look at other goalies they spread themselves and try and block it but not ox

marinello59
17-03-2016, 08:21 PM
have a look at his attempt to save .and tell me what he does to keep it out

doesn't have to be superman to try and save it , done nothing but stand there.

Honestly? Are you actually being serious?
Oxley was in no way to blame for last nights goal.

eastterrace
17-03-2016, 08:23 PM
Honestly? Are you actually being serious? Oxley was in no way to blame for last nights goal. I never said he was to blame I said he never tried to save it, the blame was at the back post to let the guy get the header in

Jonnyboy
17-03-2016, 08:23 PM
don't think he is a yard out slightly more but he just stands there look at other goalies they spread themselves and try and block it but not ox

OK so he was four feet out rather than three. Makes no difference. Your argument is poor and you should really just stop digging :wink:

eastterrace
17-03-2016, 08:24 PM
OK so he was four feet out rather than three. Makes no difference. Your argument is poor and you should really just stop digging :wink: you got your opinion I've got mine. You think he's fine and I think he is dodgy at the moment

Colr
17-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Watching that again, Ox gets a sore one on his leg which he asks the ref why a foul wasn't given, he adjusts his shin pad which needs to be in the right place for safety and clearly is signalling that he has a problem with his eye. The ref couldn't have missed that something was awry, the club needs to raise merry hell about this one. Disgrace.

Oxley might have put the ball out if he needed attention. I assume he has spare contacts with him.

Jonnyboy
you got your opinion I've got mine. You think he's fine and I think he is dodgy at the moment

I don't recall saying I think he's fine. I'm arguing he would have been wasting his time making any 'attemp' to save the shot.

MWHIBBIES
he dodgy at best so maybe this is a blessing in disguise . Seen highlights of the game and Inverness goal piss poor goalkeeping no attempt to try and save it.Holy moly, I LOVE HIBS.NET

Northernhibee
doesn't have to be superman to try and save it , done nothing but stand there.

I do love it when people come across all Alan Hansen to try and show off their footballing knowledge but only expose their total lack of it. It's tremendous.

marinello59
17-03-2016, 08:29 PM
I never said he was to blame I said he never tried to save it, the blame was at the back post to let the guy get the header in

You have blamed him. Haven't you?
If Oxley could have magically got the play slowed down instead of have to deal with it real time then he might have been able to react to the shot. As it was there really was nothing he could do. He may not be perfect but some of the stuff being thrown at him is utterly ridiculous.

eastterrace
17-03-2016, 08:32 PM
You have blamed him. Haven't you? If Oxley could have magically got the play slowed down instead of have to deal with it real time then he might have been able to react to the shot. As it was there really was nothing he could do. He may not be perfect but some of the stuff being thrown at him is utterly ridiculous. where did I say blame him, I said he made no attempt to try and save it, wether he might have or not , but if he stands like a store dummy then he won't save it

hibbysam
17-03-2016, 08:33 PM
Oxley might have put the ball out if he needed attention. I assume he has spare contacts with him.

Why does he need to put the ball out? The ball was dead anyway as it was a free kick. He clearly continuously pointed to his eye, telling Finnie on numerous occasions that he was having trouble with it. The fact he booked him from 40 yards away was more to do with fan reaction than anything else.

Northernhibee
17-03-2016, 08:34 PM
Why do we always need a scapegoat? Players who come in and are certainly good enough for us but get nothing but criticism, negativity and abuse. Ox is getting it, Craig got it, Spoony got it, there always needs to be one player who gets it. It's really, really tiresome.

marinello59
17-03-2016, 08:35 PM
where did I say blame him, I said he made no attempt to try and save it, wether he might have or not , but if he stands like a store dummy then he won't save it

You really do need to put the shovel down. :greengrin

eastterrace
17-03-2016, 08:38 PM
I don't recall saying I think he's fine. I'm arguing he would have been wasting his time making any 'attemp' to save the shot. had another look at it , you said 4 feet out think you should have another look more like 4 yards out , might make you change your mind

Jonnyboy
17-03-2016, 08:39 PM
had another look at it , you said 4 feet out think you should have another look more like 4 yards out , might make you change your mind

Yip, you're right, 4 yards. Doesn't change my view of it though

eastterrace
17-03-2016, 08:40 PM
Yip, you're right, 4 yards. Doesn't change my view of it though good we agree on something

Lago
17-03-2016, 09:31 PM
The one thing I would say is that the defence as a whole din't cover themselves in glory at the ICT goal.

FranckSuzy
17-03-2016, 11:14 PM
Firstly, I wasn't there last night as I was working but I listened to the game on the radio :wink: and I am confused about Oxley's injury. The commentator stated that Alan Combe came on and was then advised by Oxley that he was fit to continue but what seemed like a few minutes later, he wasn't :confused: Was the first 'injury' incident the same as the second one because I wear contacts and if one had come out I'd certainly know about it, so I'm not sure how he was OK one minute and not the next - if both were about his eyesight?

oconnors_strip
17-03-2016, 11:57 PM
Firstly, I wasn't there last night as I was working but I listened to the game on the radio :wink: and I am confused about Oxley's injury. The commentator stated that Alan Combe came on and was then advised by Oxley that he was fit to continue but what seemed like a few minutes later, he wasn't :confused: Was the first 'injury' incident the same as the second one because I wear contacts and if one had come out I'd certainly know about it, so I'm not sure how he was OK one minute and not the next - if both were about his eyesight?

I'm not sure as up the other end but he did have ice on his left bicep at full time.

Callum_62
18-03-2016, 12:04 AM
he was clattered twice within a few minutes (1st injury took along time before play was resumed)

1st one looked more eye to me....2nd he was cleared out - altho could've lost a contact during the fall

He was blatantly signalling to the ref and walking forward from his 18 yard box

no idea why the ref didnt go and see what the issue was (before booking him or not)

Seemed to want to play to the crowd and book him from 40 yards away

MichelleHibs
18-03-2016, 07:14 AM
Looked to me like he was trying to find out if he was to kick ball from hands or off the ground ie ball still in play or free kick n that he was signalling to the red he couldn't see him?!

Colr
18-03-2016, 08:26 AM
Why does he need to put the ball out? The ball was dead anyway as it was a free kick. He clearly continuously pointed to his eye, telling Finnie on numerous occasions that he was having trouble with it. The fact he booked him from 40 yards away was more to do with fan reaction than anything else.

He obviously didn't manage to communicate that to the referee. Play the ball striaght out would have allowed him to communicate with the ref who had clearly also lost his contact lenses.

Borderhibbie76
18-03-2016, 09:17 AM
I never said he was to blame I said he never tried to save it, the blame was at the back post to let the guy get the header in
Jeezo...I think Ox is to blame for the war in Syria and the refugee crisis too according to some on here 🔫🔫

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

hibbysam
18-03-2016, 09:23 AM
He obviously didn't manage to communicate that to the referee. Play the ball striaght out would have allowed him to communicate with the ref who had clearly also lost his contact lenses.

It was clear that he was telling the referee this when he gave the free kick, Finnie totally dismissed it, telling him to get on with it and ran to the half way line before booking him!

Onion
18-03-2016, 09:35 AM
It was clear that he was telling the referee this when he gave the free kick, Finnie totally dismissed it, telling him to get on with it and ran to the half way line before booking him!

Reminded me of a wee lad in our primary class who kept putting his hand up as he had a problem, and the indignant teacher kept telling him to put his hand down. Ended up pissing himself :greengrin

Honest, wasn't me :greengrin

Who was right, and who was wrong ?

MB62
18-03-2016, 10:31 AM
where did I say blame him, I said he made no attempt to try and save it, wether he might have or not , but if he stands like a store dummy then he won't save it

I'm no Oxley fan (other than he plays for Hibs and deserves some support) but for the Caley goal, rather than look at Oxley, why not take a look at the far side assistant as the Caley player who head the ball back across goal looked offside to me.

Godsahibby
18-03-2016, 10:39 AM
The problem we have if we do make a big thing of it and appeal the booking is that we all know he does have a history of time wasting. If we are successful, refs and opposing fans will be right on top of him all the time at any hint of taking to long over a kick.

Win the appeal but get suspended in the semi for another stupid booking then out the final.

I know what game I would prefer him for!

Beefster
18-03-2016, 12:44 PM
The guy that scores it is a yard out. What do you expect Oxley to have done? If he'd have made an 'attempt' he'd have been diving after the ball was in the net and you'd be along telling us how pathetic that 'attempt' was

If Oxley really cared about Hibs and was a true pro, he'd have extended his limbs, Mr Fantastic-like (look it up, old or non-geek readers), and caught the ball whilst being 6 feet away. The fact that he didn't tells me all I need to know.

Jonnyboy
18-03-2016, 03:38 PM
Indeed. In fact the only thing that annoys me is that he didn't catch it, dribble down the park and crack a 30 yard rocket into the top corner. No wonder some folk think he's rubbish.

CentreLine
18-03-2016, 03:48 PM
I'm no Oxley fan (other than he plays for Hibs and deserves some support) but for the Caley goal, rather than look at Oxley, why not take a look at the far side assistant as the Caley player who head the ball back across goal looked offside to me.

Or perhaps look at the Caley player who totalled Fontaine to prevent him making an intervention