(LWB) Stevenson
(CM) Bartley
(CM) McGinn
(CAM) Henderson
(ST) Stokes
(ST) Keatings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be perfectly happy with that.

I might be tempted to take Boyle over Gray (I think getting the extra pace of Keatings and Boyle into the team would make the biggest difference for us) but I like the look of your team.

What I mainly want to see is -

No diamond
Cummings OR Stokes (don't mind which one, would prefer Stokes)
Bartley OR Thomson (I prefer Bartley but don't think Thomson has been anything like as bad as has been made out)
Extra pace in the team somewhere

How we do it, I'm less concerned about.

FromTheCapital
16-03-2016, 01:41 PM

I might be tempted to take Boyle over Gray (I think getting the extra pace of Keatings and Boyle into the team would make the biggest difference for us) but I like the look of your team.

No diamond
Bartley OR Thomson (I prefer Bartley but don't think Thomson has been anything like as bad as has been made out)

Massive overreaction regarding Thomson cause he made an error on Sunday. He's been excellent in stepping in when required for us so far this season imo.

Like the thinking regarding adding extra pace but I'd still be more inclined to go with Gray because he can get forward and get back as well. Plus being the captain, tonight is one of those nights were everyone needs to roll their sleeves up and battle like hell!

SeanWilson
16-03-2016, 01:50 PM

No diamond

Has to be Bartley over Thommo for me... Not KT bashing, just MB has much more energy and able to provide the cover KT cant. Other than that I like OP Team!

Smartie
16-03-2016, 01:51 PM
Massive overreaction regarding Thomson cause he made an error on Sunday. He's been excellent in stepping in when required for us so far this season imo.

Like the thinking regarding adding extra pace but I'd still be more inclined to go with Gray because he can get forward and get back as well. Plus being the captain, tonight is one of those nights were everyone needs to roll their sleeves up and battle like hell!

3 at the back takes the pressure to defend off the wingback a bit (especially with Bartley or Thomson on the park) so Boyle tanking at them down the right from a bit deeper but in a predominantly attacking role is what I'd want to see.

I'd maybe play Gray in place of Gunnarson - I think he'd have what it takes to play there. As you say, you want your captain on the park and I think it's a night for players with strong character - Gray has that.

Danderhall Hibs
16-03-2016, 04:00 PM
I'd go:

(GK) Oxley
(CB) Gunnarsson
(CB) McGregor
(CB) Fontaine
(RWB) Gray
(LWB) Stevenson
(CM) Bartley
(CM) McGinn
(CAM) Henderson
(ST) Stokes
(ST) Keatings

That'd be my pick as well. In fact it would've probably been my team for last Sunday as well.

ancient hibee
16-03-2016, 04:09 PM
Keatings 1 goal in 16 games that'll help.

CorrieHibs
16-03-2016, 04:15 PM
3-5-2
Ox
Gunnarson
Fontaine
Mcgregor

Stevenson
Bartley
McGinn
Hendo
Boyle

Keats
Stokes

since90plustwo
16-03-2016, 04:15 PM
Think people forget that KT only came in to do a job as cover and to play very rarely!

FastEddieFelson
16-03-2016, 04:17 PM
hibs are favs tonight with the bookies...

you can get inverness for as much as 23/10

ancient hibee
16-03-2016, 04:19 PM
Think people forget that KT only came in to do a job as cover and to play very rarely!

Don't think you'll find any quote to that effect from anyone at the club.

since90plustwo
16-03-2016, 04:26 PM

I know but he left dundee unable to cope with the demands of football, hence why he was brought to us as a part coaching role. I dont think anyone here expected him to play as much but Fyvvie & Dylan's injuries have forced this. WOuldve been nice to See Scotty Martin recalled really liked him at the start of the year

J-C
16-03-2016, 04:32 PM

I'm pretty sure in his interview when he signed he said he was here to do more coaching as he'd done his badges and he said if he can help the team in any way, he's more than happy and able to do so, I think he's played more than expected due to Fyvie and McGeouch being injured.

Danderhall Hibs
16-03-2016, 04:38 PM

He's scored more than Malonga and Anier put together this season but there's threads claiming we should've kept them?

LustForLeith
16-03-2016, 04:39 PM
hibs are favs tonight with the bookies...

you can get inverness for as much as 23/10

Couldn't understand that when I saw that. Thinking of backing Inverness and if we win I'll be delighted to lose!

And if we get beat it goers towards covering the cost for the Caley game, Cup Final, bus for the final, ect...

Onceinawhile
16-03-2016, 04:41 PM

Or 1 goal in 1.

AlbertK86
16-03-2016, 04:44 PM
I like the OP team but do agree on bringing Boyle in for some pace.

Not his greatest fan apart from his pace I think he is weak .... Lacks positional sense and anticipation.

However if we are talking about playing him as a wing back I would rather it was instead of Lewis than Gray. As somebody mentioned earlier I'd want our captain in the team

jacomo
16-03-2016, 04:50 PM

That's a fairly reductive way of looking at things, is it not?

The 2 big issues for me is that the defence is missing PH and the strikers are not working.

So a formation which gives more cover at the back and freshens up the attack works for me.

Stokes or Cummings can come off the bench if required.

Our midfielders our adaptable, but playing 3 rather than 4 gives us more options, considering 2 first picks (DM and FF) are out.

Also I like Boyle at RWB.

Edson Arantes
16-03-2016, 04:58 PM

:worried:

Andy74
16-03-2016, 05:29 PM
He's scored more than Malonga and Anier put together this season but there's threads claiming we should've kept them?

Correct. There are.

erin go bragh
16-03-2016, 05:31 PM
---------------- Oxley----------------------
----McGregor--Fontaine--Gunnarson
Gray-----------------------------------Boyle
------McGinn---Bartley--Henderson
-----------Cummings-----Stokes---------

GGTTH

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Couldn't understand that when I saw that. Thinking of backing Inverness and if we win I'll be delighted to lose!

And if we get beat it goers towards covering the cost for the Caley game, Cup Final, bus for the final, ect...

The way things have gone recently, it would be a draw after full time then we'd get beat in extra time, thus losing you your bet, the cup tie and probably your sanity. That's how I'm viewing things since the final anyway

danhibees1875
16-03-2016, 06:28 PM
Ox

Gray
McGregor
Fontaine
Stevenson

Bartley
Mcginn
Henderson

Boyle
Cummings
Carmichael (or is he injured? )

HoboHarry
16-03-2016, 06:31 PM
I know but he left dundee unable to cope with the demands of football, hence why he was brought to us as a part coaching role. I dont think anyone here expected him to play as much but Fyvvie & Dylan's injuries have forced this. WOuldve been nice to See Scotty Martin recalled really liked him at the start of the year

If you believe the leaving Dundee part I have a bridge in San Francisco that I would like to sell you ....... 😜

Ronniekirk
16-03-2016, 06:36 PM

Stokes two in 11. Cummings 1 in seven
Farid one after barely 90 minutes but hasn't played since he scored
Highlights the current problem we have and throw in midfield players not scoring many and add in defensive individual errors and its hard to see how we can win tonight
But crazy as it may seem i think we can

worcesterhibby
16-03-2016, 06:56 PM
(GK) Oxley
(RB) Gunnarsson
(CB) McGregor
(CB) Fontaine
(LB) Stevenson
(CM) Bartley
(LM) McGinn
(RM) Squirrel