PDA

View Full Version : Media buffoonery

Viva_Palmeiras
16-03-2016, 03:35 AM
As we already know stuff gets lifted from the likes of here but a while back I also learned that one outlet is systematically trawling the twitter sphere (via tools) looking for tends to break news before as it develops and they could get a journo to read up a wiki page and sketch something out for an article. Is this lazy "journalism" or just tapping into another source? Does it make them more or less relevant (or succeptible to wind-up merchants))
It appears to me that Scottish football journalism on all media since the fall from grace of the originals has become even more sensationalist, provocative. It's become formulaic and tiresome tho for me. But unfortunately I don't see it changing any to soon.

monktonharp
16-03-2016, 02:23 PM
It is another source, and they can be quick to capitalise on the mood of the majority I suppose, but at the same time it is suitable for some of the so called ersehole lazy journos. Ithink, the days are gone, for decent fair reporting, certainly in terms of the red tag papers. It does not bother me as such, because I have never bought such a paper in years. the Sun, is for sitting on the dashboard of a young plumber/joiner's van. not much else.

16-03-2016, 02:33 PM
It is another source, and they can be quick to capitalise on the mood of the majority I suppose, but at the same time it is suitable for some of the so called ersehole lazy journos. Ithink, the days are gone, for decent fair reporting, certainly in terms of the red tag papers. It does not bother me as such, because I have never bought such a paper in years. the Sun, is for sitting on the dashboard of a young plumber/joiner's van. not much else.

I wouldnt even wipe my arse with that rag. An absolute joke of a paper that time after time has sunk to the lowest of the low just to sell papers.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-03-2016, 05:38 PM

Some of the former broadsheets have just resorted to the tabloid formula but since others do it better they've just ended up selling their heritage. Some of the numpties masquerading as journalists just cheapen the offering once respected publications had. And goading fans just smacks of desperation and deserves no further comment.

Joe's ice cream
16-03-2016, 05:43 PM

I also don't necercerialy agree that it taps into the overall mood of the majority- sometimes social media just reflects the views of those who shout loudest or most often

CentreLine
16-03-2016, 06:03 PM
Hahahahaha

It seems a bunch of hahahahahearts fans want the word "Hibsed" added to the dictionary. Hilarious on so many levels but in the context of this thread you have to wonder why the Scotsman journalists are running with the story before April 1