PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow is another"cup final" for Hibs

Stantons Angel
15-03-2016, 10:15 PM
Just like the rest of you i am so disappointed at the result on Sunday and like you all l have my opinions on who, what and why it went wrong for us.Its strange that in a month we have gone from being 100% behind the team and manager to slating everyone we can think of to blame for the defeat on Sunday.

Its disappointing when we had most of the game, but we didnt put the ball in the net and they did. We can come on here and moan and groan about it and blame anyone we think may have let us down. BUT the bare fact is they scored more goals than us and thats what mattered.

At the beginning of the season would any of us have thought in our wildest dreams that we would have been fighting for the league, in a cup final and still in the quarter finals of another cup? I think not! we would have grabbed that at any odds!

Getting to the League cup final was a tremendous journey for all of us, the team included. We got there by beating premier league teams and we did this together. The team and the support were vital to the success of that campaign. Dont get me wrong it would have been marvellous to have won that cup and this notice board would be full of praise and great feelings of happiness. There is nothing we can do about it now. we have bumped our gums, opened our mouths and let our bellies roar and the result is still the same. Like our team we have to put it to bed and keep the memory of the journey, if not the final itself, in our heads and heart.

Supporting Hibs has never been easy but i wouldnt change it for the world!

Tomorrows game is VERY important to us, as are the rest of the League games coming up. Those young players need you to be there, they need to know we are still behind them and want them to rise again. They need your support! im not suggesting you forget it happened, just that we have got to rise and fight for the rest of our season.

So please lets put it away now and clear the anger, frustration and insults from the board and get back to supporting our team.

S4uzee
15-03-2016, 10:32 PM
If it's another cup final then may aswell lump on Inverness 😉

Stantons Angel
15-03-2016, 10:39 PM
If it's another cup final then may aswell lump on Inverness 

thanks for the reassuring comment.

i take it that should they win, you wont be going through to Hampden for the semi?

Nicho87
15-03-2016, 10:40 PM
No offence but how often do we see these type of threads. Id just like hibs to win more games and save us the tear jerking threads.

Pete
15-03-2016, 10:45 PM
No offence but how often do we see these type of threads. Id just like hibs to win more games and save us the tear jerking threads.

Welcome to a supporters message board.

We do tend to get enthusiastic about our team sometimes. Sorry

Nicho87
15-03-2016, 10:48 PM
Likewise, there was my opinion

greenpaper55
15-03-2016, 10:50 PM
Massive game for us and not just for the cup run, if we can get back to winning ways then it could set us up for the run in to the play offs. I must admit a cold night in Inversnecky would not be my choice of a venue to try and restart the season but time to show what we are made of.

Prof. Shaggy
15-03-2016, 10:57 PM

Probably not too often if we join in Feb 2016.

MickeyEdwards
15-03-2016, 11:03 PM
Just like the rest of you i am so disappointed at the result on Sunday and like you all l have my opinions on who, what and why it went wrong for us.Its strange that in a month we have gone from being 100% behind the team and manager to slating everyone we can think of to blame for the defeat on Sunday.

Its disappointing when we had most of the game, but we didnt put the ball in the net and they did. We can come on here and moan and groan about it and blame anyone we think may have let us down. BUT the bare fact is they scored more goals than us and thats what mattered.

At the beginning of the season would any of us have thought in our wildest dreams that we would have been fighting for the league, in a cup final and still in the quarter finals of another cup? I think not! we would have grabbed that at any odds!

Getting to the League cup final was a tremendous journey for all of us, the team included. We got there by beating premier league teams and we did this together. The team and the support were vital to the success of that campaign. Dont get me wrong it would have been marvellous to have won that cup and this notice board would be full of praise and great feelings of happiness. There is nothing we can do about it now. we have bumped our gums, opened our mouths and let our bellies roar and the result is still the same. Like our team we have to put it to bed and keep the memory of the journey, if not the final itself, in our heads and heart.

Supporting Hibs has never been easy but i wouldnt change it for the world!

Tomorrows game is VERY important to us, as are the rest of the League games coming up. Those young players need you to be there, they need to know we are still behind them and want them to rise again. They need your support! im not suggesting you forget it happened, just that we have got to rise and fight for the rest of our season.

So please lets put it away now and clear the anger, frustration and insults from the board and get back to supporting our team.

I was one of a group of ten at the match on Sunday and not one of us could see us losing the game at half time but the longer that a team dominates posession and yet fails to score the number of goals that reflects that possession, that confidence level gradually drops as the match drifts twoards FT.

When the RC winner went in most of us felt only disappointment at the inevitable and we left Hampden the second that the final whiste went and sought the quickest route out of Glasgow back home as soon as possible.

I don't think that we were the only group that felt let down and there does come a point where the regular disappointment and the attraction of other things could easily pull us away to do other things!

Not all of us are unable to find things other than football that make us happier than how we all felt at FT on Sunday and that is what people need to accept as a fact of life all over the World!

I've been attending Hibs matches since the late '60's, most of that period as a ST holder, before the boo boys jump up and down about my not being an uber Hibee!

Nicho87
15-03-2016, 11:04 PM
Probably not too often if we join in Feb 2016.

If only that were true

Prof. Shaggy
15-03-2016, 11:26 PM
If only that were true

What a strange priority.

DC_Hibs
15-03-2016, 11:45 PM
Overestimating the importance of negative postings on a fans forum? Surely no player or coach in their right mind would look at this in the middle of this dreadful run.......
The discontent is not just down to one game of course. We were pumped off Dumbarton for a second time and that was in addition to defeats by Morton and Queen of the South.

Hopefully Stubbs and his coaching staff are giving a similar message to the players and doing their own part better in team set up, tactics, proactive management during the 90 minutes as those guys have far more influence on results.

I'll be there. Bought my ticket before the final as was going up regardless.

Later.

Waxy
16-03-2016, 12:02 AM
It's a cup quarter final.

NAE NOOKIE
16-03-2016, 12:51 AM

Aye ...so would we all ......... 10th final for me 8 defeats.

But I would rather see a hundred threads like this one after losing a final than a load of the usual poor me self pity pish that account for a fair number of the posts on this forum since Sunday.

NAE NOOKIE
16-03-2016, 01:51 AM
I was one of a group of ten at the match on Sunday and not one of us could see us losing the game at half time but the longer that a team dominates posession and yet fails to score the number of goals that reflects that possession, that confidence level gradually drops as the match drifts twoards FT.

When the RC winner went in most of us felt only disappointment at the inevitable and we left Hampden the second that the final whiste went and sought the quickest route out of Glasgow back home as soon as possible.

I don't think that we were the only group that felt let down and there does come a point where the regular disappointment and the attraction of other things could easily pull us away to do other things!

Not all of us are unable to find things other than football that make us happier than how we all felt at FT on Sunday and that is what people need to accept as a fact of life all over the World!

I've been attending Hibs matches since the late '60's, most of that period as a ST holder, before the boo boys jump up and down about my not being an uber Hibee!

Stuff like this gets said a lot on here ........ Far from making a case for why folk might give up, for me it makes a case for why so many don't.

There seems to be a lot of folk who think that Hibs are the only thing in the lives of what they like to refer to as the self styled 'uber fans' and that's what makes them stick by the club through all the trials and tribulations ..... if that's the case Hibs must have more uber fans than any club in Europe.

Ask any supporter of any club in the world what would make them wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat and what happened to us in May 2012 would be the answer ............ 90% of football fans will never have to go through that ... we did.

And yet since then our crowds have held up remarkably well at ER, certainly not the drop off of catastrophic proportions some folk were predicting, even following relegation. Hibs have taken crowds of 17 to 18 thousand to Hampden semi finals more than once, easily filled our allocation for the 2013 final, a game we were massive outsiders to win, and now 30,000 to our latest final.

IMO that can still happen not because Hibs are all that matters, but because for 99.9% of us there are loads of things that matter just as much or even more than Hibs or fitba and that enables us to get over our disappointment at days like Sunday after a few weeks and look at things in context. It enables us to sit down and go 'bugger, that was a sair yin ... again' ...... But still go .... Ken what, maybe next time, maybe next time will be 'the' time.

For 99.9% of us fitba might not be, and almost certainly isn't, all that matters ............ but if anybody who was at the Hearts game when Paul Hanlon booted in that last minute equaliser, or was at the replay when the final whistle went, can actually turn and say they can or ever will get the same buzz from any other recreational activity that doesn't involve the possibility of serious injury or serious population growth I will be very surprised.

I might never see Hibs win the Scottish cup ..... but you know what, that outside chance that one day it could happen and the thought of what that day might be like keeps me coming back like a moth to a flame ....... that and the fact that I love this bloody fitba club. Not more than my friends and family ... not to the exclusion of taking care of my day to day responsibilities and not to the exclusion of other things I love like listening to music or filling a flask with tea, making a couple of pieces, stuffing them in a backpack and going for a walk in the beautiful Borders countryside .... because it doesn't have to be an either or choice.

I'm having a job trying to express what I mean here, but I hope you get the gist.

GreenLake
16-03-2016, 02:10 AM
The horror of what happened on Sunday has to happen to one team every cup final. The loss is over and done - it isn't ongoing. If we make the Scottish Cup final, I am coming over and will be chewing my nails up to the elbows hoping Hibs win. I have only seen one cup final win which was without financial or tax cheating and we didn't resort to negative football tactics.

I will be wearing my Fontaine 5 shirt tomorrow, because he must due a reversal of luck in cup games.

GGTTH

stantonhibby
16-03-2016, 08:16 AM
Stuff like this gets said a lot on here ........ Far from making a case for why folk might give up, for me it makes a case for why so many don't.

There seems to be a lot of folk who think that Hibs are the only thing in the lives of what they like to refer to as the self styled 'uber fans' and that's what makes them stick by the club through all the trials and tribulations ..... if that's the case Hibs must have more uber fans than any club in Europe.

Ask any supporter of any club in the world what would make them wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat and what happened to us in May 2012 would be the answer ............ 90% of football fans will never have to go through that ... we did.

And yet since then our crowds have held up remarkably well at ER, certainly not the drop off of catastrophic proportions some folk were predicting, even following relegation. Hibs have taken crowds of 17 to 18 thousand to Hampden semi finals more than once, easily filled our allocation for the 2013 final, a game we were massive outsiders to win, and now 30,000 to our latest final.

IMO that can still happen not because Hibs are all that matters, but because for 99.9% of us there are loads of things that matter just as much or even more than Hibs or fitba and that enables us to get over our disappointment at days like Sunday after a few weeks and look at things in context. It enables us to sit down and go 'bugger, that was a sair yin ... again' ...... But still go .... Ken what, maybe next time, maybe next time will be 'the' time.

For 99.9% of us fitba might not be, and almost certainly isn't, all that matters ............ but if anybody who was at the Hearts game when Paul Hanlon booted in that last minute equaliser, or was at the replay when the final whistle went, can actually turn and say they can or ever will get the same buzz from any other recreational activity that doesn't involve the possibility of serious injury or serious population growth I will be very surprised.

I might never see Hibs win the Scottish cup ..... but you know what, that outside chance that one day it could happen and the thought of what that day might be like keeps me coming back like a moth to a flame ....... that and the fact that I love this bloody fitba club. Not more than my friends and family ... not to the exclusion of taking care of my day to day responsibilities and not to the exclusion of other things I love like listening to music or filling a flask with tea, making a couple of pieces, stuffing them in a backpack and going for a walk in the beautiful Borders countryside .... because it doesn't have to be an either or choice.

I'm having a job trying to express what I mean here, but I hope you get the gist.

Well said.

Jones28
16-03-2016, 08:24 AM
Our season isn't over yet, we can still get promoted and we are still in with a chance of the Scottish cup.

Who needs the diddy cup anyway? :greengrin